Against all odds [sonadow]

By coconuts500

Sonic woke up in a room with people he never knew or at least that's what he first thought. He has no memory... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chaper 4
Chaper 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Announcment

Chapter 13

123 6 4
By coconuts500

Shadow's POV:

Everytime I see Sonic, my heart starts to beat faster and I feel weird...a feeling I couldn't put my name on. But one thing I know is that I hate that feeling. I could still replay everything that happened last night. I could feel it happening again and again in my head and I hate it. The more it replays the more it makes my heart race faster. I gave up trying to sleep, even though it was probably early morning and I should have slept. It was all because of that stupid sonic. For some reason when he makes that stubborn grin I can't help but to like it. This feeling was new...I never felt it. I turned my body to face the wall hoping I will get comfortable, forget this 'new' feeling, and just start sleeping but I should have known that's not what will happen. I felt a surge of anger travel through my body. I grumbled angry and got outside of my bed. Why did I have to wake up so early? I thought angrily before climbing out the window to view the sun starting to rise. The sun slowly started rising higher, lighting up the dimmed world. I stared at it hoping it would erase all the problems going on right now. Memory loss, this new feeling, people, etc.

I could escape, and i would once I find out more about myself. The only clue to learning my past is sonic and once I find out i'm leaving. All I need is my 'chaos emerald' or at least that's what sonic calls it. I seem to have some connection with that emerald which causes me to warp, to warp out which I will once I'm done finding out my past. Maybe...If I stay I could find out more about Maria. I sighed calmy for the first time being here. Something about the sunrise reminds me of how beautiful space used to be. The sunrise made me forget my worries, these weird championships and escaping. Fora reason I can't tell, I don't want to leave sonic. If i escape i would be leaving him...and i don't want to. But why?

I sat outside for who knows how long but I didn't care, still I had to go inside before anyone woke up so reluctantly I got up and slipped in through the window landing quietly. I slipped back into the covers of the bed and gently placed my head on the pillow but only to realize something...

In panic and anger I looked under the pillow to find out my chaos emerald was gone and there was only one thing that could have happened. Someone stole the emerald, my emerald. I will find out who stole it and make them pay.

Orbot's POV:

"Why couldn't the boss just do it himself?" Cubot complained to me through the vents a little louder than he meant. "Shhh!" I hushed Cubot. "What?" asked Cubot again loudly, making me slightly annoyed. "Shhhhh!" I hushed cubot again. "Shadow will hear us and we don't want that to happen so we should be quiet" I explained to cubot. I made a small peak through the vent to see shadow's ears perked up meaning he heard cubot. Panicking, I hurried cubot through the vents making him move along. "Hurry up! I think the shadow must've heard us!" I exclaimed. Inside my mind he thought more like he heard you but he decided to keep that to himself. The last thing that I wanted to do was deal with the shadow when he's angry. The thought itself could mess up his programming. Cubot and I crawled through the vents until they reached the rooftop where we were supposed to go. Eggman was supposed to send a vehicle so he could pick us up with the shadow's chaos emerald just like we planned. Everything was going according to plan except...that there was an angry shadow on top of the building with us.

"You're not supposed to be on the rooftop!" Cubot scolded but all that did was make the shadow roll his eyes even more furious. "And you weren't supposed to steal my emerald!" when he said that it didn't make sense. Wasn't he supposed to forget everything, even his emerald? "Uhhhh what an emerald? You mean a shiny green emerald with chaos energy? Never heard of it" Cubot said incredibly, making me facepalm. "We don't have any emeralds! In Fact were cleaners!" I said matter of factly hoping we could escape without turning into metal scrap. Clearly from my expression he wasn't buying it. "My question is what are you doing here, shadow? Aren't you supposed to be inside in your room" I said hoping he would drop the subject.

"How do you know my name?" He asked and his expression changed into a thoughtful but still angry one making me calmer and even more scared if that made sense. "Of course we know your shadow. You would always go against eggman and I and sometimes you would team up with sonic but you used to- '' I turned off cubot's voice box before he could reveal anything else. "So you know me, my past, and everyone else's past?" his eyes widened (still angry). "You said sometimes I would work with sonic?" and for some reason when shadow said this his face reddened a bit but it was hard to tell because of his fur. Maybe it was just a trick of the light. "You're gonna tell me everything and give me the emerald now" when he said that now he sounded very demanding. A type of demanding that makes you scared cause you know if you don't do what he says something bad is gonna happen.

"OK!" Cubo agreed dumbly, extending his hand with the emerald but I quickly grabbed it. Shadow came up to me and pried open my metal palm like it was nothing. I tried my best to close it but he was just simply stronger. I needed that emerald or else eggman is going to have a huge fit. I need to think of something fast. "Wait! I can tell you more about your past!" I said hoping he would stop and listen. At first I thought it was hopeless but then once he stopped and turned to face me with an expression that said I hope you die painfully. "Ok, speak."

Once I realized it worked I didn't know what to say so I pushed Cubot infront of me hoping he would say something that might give us enough time so we could somehow get the emerald back or at least wait for the ship to come so we can escape. Maybe then we can escape but then suddenly i got an idea! Maybe eggman will still get mad at me (most likely will) but if I had to choose to die in the hands of shadow or die in the hands of eggman? I'll choose eggman.

Shadow's POV:

I stared at the robots faces clearly seeing they were intimidated and I would like it to stay that way. I clutched my emerald tighter just in case, but these robots don't look like the one's me and sonic fought in the tournament. The robots we saw in the arena had sharp claws, thick metal, 12 feet tall, and made a sad attempt to murder us. These robots clearly couldn't murder me even if they had the chance. I glared at them and sat down on one of the ventilation boxes and waited for them to say anything more about my past clearly knowing they know a lot. So if they work for eggman does that mean I knew eggman in my past before. Clearly in the past I didn't like him, I guess some things still don't change even with memory loss. "uhh well we didn't really know you much in the past you know..." the red one began but the yellow one just gave a confused look and interrupted the red one saying "Yes we do shadow helped us before-" the red robot covered his mouth. "Stop turning your voice box back on before you break it again!" scolded the red robot. "Don't mind cubot, he hasn't been functioning properly lately. Doctor eggman still needs to fix his software issue"

I made an angry sigh. I probably should leave so I wont get caught but I need to know more about my past. Who killed Maria and why. Maybe then I could escape this place...maybe sonic could come? I shook the thought out of my head reminding myself that I don't like sonic. "Are you gonna tell me?" I grumbled angrily and the red one replied by saying "would you leave us alone if we say yes?" he asked wearily. "After tearing you apart and throwing the rest of the metal into the forest, yes" I replied calmly of the thought. If it was possible, he probably would have looked more nervous than he already did if he wasn't a robot. If they were going to attempt to steal my emerald they should have at least thought about the consequence.

He looked onto his arm and made a relieved sigh. "I will only tell you one thing and that's all. Would you let us go?" he asked and I stayed silent. "Two then?" he suggested and I sighed and reluctantly agreed. "Fine, tell me than"

"So you used to work for eggman because he freed you, and you're something called an ultimate lifeform?" he replied. "At Least that's what you keep saying usually..." the red one added. The yellow one poked the red robot to get his attention and pointed to his voice box. "Fine, I'll turn it back on," sighed the red robot. The red robot turned on the yellow robot's voice box. "Finally I can talk!" I got up from where I was sitting. "Oh by the way, if you didn't know eggman doesn't really like when people leave the hut without his consent-" I interrupted the red robot by glaring at him. I proceeded to slip through the window landing silently. By now everyone should still be sleeping but two people's beds layed empty.

Orbot's POV:

"Now we're totally screwed!" Panicked Cubot holding his head in his arms since in panic he twisted his head too much and the screws got loose. "Now, maybe eggman won't turn us into scrap metal because I got an idea on how to steal the shadow's chaos emerald just like we planned!" I said brilliantly but I was also panicking inside. The eggmobile started to slow down giving us the signal that we were close to the lair. Once the egg mobile landed the doors opened and we exited the egg mobile. "I think my idea was better. Maybe we should have just taken the eggmobile and survived in the wilderness" cried cubot. "Let's try my idea first and if it doesn't work then we can run away into the wilderness." I said trying to reason with cubot. Maybe a little part of me tried to reason with myself after all this is eggman we're talking about. If anything he probably would turn us into metal scrap. Cubot 'accidentally' dropped his head and had to go get it. I made sure he didn't run away in the process. Once we reached the doors of the layer we waited for the doors to open. They slided open and me and cubot entered.

"Finally what took you both so long!?" Complained eggman by yelling at us. "Well there was a slight complication..." I said calmly trying to calm things down. "Complaication! HOW! I GAVE YOU TO METALHEADS ONE JOB AND YOU MESSED IT UP!" he yelled. I explained to him the situations but most of the time he interrupted me to yell at me and cubot about how useless we are. "B-but I have an idea that might work!" I pointed out. "What idea? You're actually smart enough to come up with an idea? Gee I could have never guessed, "Eggman said. "It could work!" I pointed out. "Fine, let's hear this idea."

Sorry I didn't update the sorry for a long time. I was busy with tests and for me my 1 semester passed so I was really busy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

95 1 1
When Amy follows Sonic into the woods for her only to see him with another girl. feeling heartbroken she tries to get over him by hanging out with hi...
12.7K 331 76
It's been years since the Sonic gang has truly come together to talk and see one another. Since then, there have been two towns. One that is in much...
9.4K 256 36
Book 1: Jayde and the Seven Shards Book 2: Rising Adversity Book 3: By Your Side Book 4: Negative Rebound [A/N recommended you read the first thr...
6K 166 17
Eggman kidnaps a poor chao and mutates it into a fiery red chaos. Sonic and friends go on a mission to save the chao, but with a Sonadow twist: Sonic...