Christmas advent calendar ||...

By strawberrymochi2468

|| COVER MADE BY ME || This is an advent calendar leading up to Christmas! (mostly just to cure my boredom :P... More

β€’ Introduction β€’
Dec. 1 - Settling In
Dec. 2 - Shopping
Dec. 3 - Decorating
Dec. 4 - Getting a Christmas Tree
Dec. 5 - Shopping || pt. 1
Dec. 5 - Shopping || pt. 2
Dec. 6 - Pillow Fort
Dec. 7 - Winter Festival
Dec. 8 - Blizzard
Dec. 9 - Snow day
Dec. 10 - A/N
Dec 11 + 12 - Skating References
𝗔/𝗑 (CLARIFICATION)
Dec. 12 - Ice Skating pt. 2 (again???)
Dec. 13 - Visiting
Dec. 14 - Hot Chocolate around the Fire
Dec. 15 - Visiting Alan
Dec. 16 - Secret Santa
Dec. 17 - Shopping (Red & TSC)
Dec. 18 - Shopping (Yellow & Blue)
Dec. 19 - A/N
Dec. 20 - Shopping (Green & Purple)
Dec. 21 - Exchange
Dec. 22 - Cookies
Dec. 23 - Gingerbread House Competition
Dec. 24 - Movie Night
Dec. 25 - Christmas
β€’ π™°πšžπšπš‘πš˜πš›πšœ π™½πš˜πšπšŽ β€’

Dec. 11 - Ice Skating

91 3 1
By strawberrymochi2468

Blue trudged up the snowy slope, following behind his friends.

He was grabbing a pair of skates in one hand, and grabbing a bag of stuff in the other. It held soft guards, hand warmers, a small water bottle, and, of course, a packet of nether wart.

Mmmmm, nether wart, Blue thought to himself, smiling.

"Oh no, Blue's got that look again. Thinking about nether wart," Yellow teased. "Hey! It's not even that bad! I don't understand why you guys don't like it," Blue responded. "It even tastes good on pizza."

"It tastes even worse on pizza. I think there's something wrong with your taste buds," Green suggested from the front.

The CG sat down on a pair of wooden benches that were connected to a table, while Purple and Mango–who had already gotten their skates on– started taking their hard guards off. (if you don't know what hard guards are, I suggest you search it on google ^^)

Blue and the others started tying their skates, and soon, they were taking off their hard guards as well. Blue walked confidently over to the frozen lake, then stopped as he reached the border.

Green came up next to Blue, taking a wobbly step onto the ice.

"Umm... uhh, Purple? How are you supposed to do this?" Green looked over at Purple who was stroking gracefully around the lake.

The ice was intimidating to say the least.

Purple held onto Green's hand (you can take this as shipping or not :P -it's up to you) guiding them both across the ice. Yellow hopped onto the ice, a spring in his step. "Whooo!! I haven't been on the ice since that one time I enchanted those boots in Minecraft!!" He grinned at Blue who was struggling to keep upright.

"Need help?" he asked him, taking Blue's hands into his. "Just try to keep your balance, alright? That's the most important part so that you can do the cool stuff later," Yellow explained.

Blue looked over at Purple and Green. Purple was telling Green to march.. so Blue decided to start doing that too.

"Ooh, you're starting to get the hang of it!" Yellow exclaimed happily, releasing Blue's hands from his own.

"Y-Yellow! Why'd you do that..." Blue trailed off as he realized that he was moving on the ice. Without help.

"Yellow!!! Look! I'm doing it!" He tried stroking for a bit. He wasn't even falling! TSC dashed by Yellow and Blue, his scarf swirling behind him.

"Slow-pokes," he teased, turning backward to look at them.

"Oh I'll show you slow!" Yellow said, racing in front of him. 

They both got to the end of the lake, Yellow being an inch faster than TSC. (btw I used the wheel of names to pick the winner :>)

"Ha-ha," Yellow said to TSC's face. "Guess who's the slow one now?"

TSC crossed his arms, "You cheater! You started before me."

"Oh really? Rematch?" Yellow gave him a sly smirk, holding out his hand.

"Fine," TSC agreed. They shook hands.

"Ready?" asked Yellow.

"I've been ready since I was born," TSC responded.

"You weren't born. You were drawn," Yellow corrected.

"Oh same thing." TSC grinned.

They took off to the side of the lake that they started on, the specks of purple, orange (MT), green, red, and blue starting to get closer and closer.

Yellow stopped himself just in time so he didn't crash onto the snow, the ice shreds swirling up into the air. He looked over at TSC who was bending over, panting.

"Guess I'm just faster," Yellow said to him, sticking the heel of his blade into the ice.

"Ughh, I hate to admit this, but..." TSC started. "Actually, I'm not going to admit it."

Yellow patted his shoulder. "You don't need to admit it because you already know."

Red skated over, stopping with one foot. "Guys! Mango just taught me this cool thing called a waltz jump! Isn't it so cool?"

TSC and Yellow watched as Red turned backwards and started doing back-crossovers. He stepped forward, taking off into the air, practically flying!

"Woah, that was so much air time!" Blue exclaimed, skating over to Red. They exchanged a high-five as Mango skated over to him.

"That was really pretty nice Red," Mango said, "Why don't you show your friends how to do it too?" Mango gestured over to Blue, then glanced over at Green, Yellow, and TSC.

They (TSC, Yellow, and Green) skated over to Red.

"OK, so you kind of just, start by doing back crossovers, then you step forward, and turn half a rotation in the air and land backwards," Red explained step-by-step.

He did it again to demonstrate, everybody doing a small applause after.

"Okay, okay. Let me try," Green said, rubbing his hands together like an evil Disney villain. They all watched him as he started doing back crossovers on a small circle, then he took off– and landed!!

Green pumped his fists into the air, "Let's go!!! First try." 

He swaggered over to Yellow, as TSC went up to try the waltz jump, too. He landed it just as Green did! Blue and Yellow tested it out as well, but although Blue was a little weary at first, he landed it too.

Purple applauded as each one of them landed it.

"You guys are learning this so fast! Okay, let's move onto spins," Purple continued.

"The most basic spin is just a 2-foot spin, see?" Purple spun around, doing a few revolutions before stopping. (revolutions are the amount of times you rotate during a spin ^^)

"Woah, how did you do that?" Red wondered out loud. Purple just shrugged nonchalantly, as he tried it out.

Soon, everybody had gotten the 2-foot spin, and Purple moved them onto a 1-foot spin. "It's basically just a 2-foot spin except you have one leg in the air." Purple did a few crossovers before winding up and successfully doing a 1-foot spin.

"Oooh, that way you went into that 1-foot spin is so much more fancy than just doing it from a stand still!" Red commented, copying the same way Purple did his 1-foot spin.

Purple chuckled. "Yeah, thanks! It's easier to do it that way once you start doing more of the advanced spins."

"And it was also way faster," Green agreed, testing it as well.

As everyone was practicing, Purple also practiced a few scratch spins since he'd gotten a bit rusty on it. Blue saw everyone mastering it pretty quickly before turning back to Purple.

"When are we going to be doing the more advanced jumps? I feel like we've gotten the hang of the spins pretty well," Blue told Purple.

He shifted. "Well, you guys could start doing loop jumps, but you'd have to know how to do a back spin first."

"Back spin?" questioned Blue, "Like you're turning the other way?"

"You're still going the same way, just on the other foot, and starting on the other edge," Purple explained, quickly going into a back spin. "But you'd have to learn the scratch spin first."

Yellow stroked over to them, saying,"I think we're consistent enough with our 1-foot spins already. Should we start doing scratch spins?"

Purple nodded. "Sure!"

Yellow and Purple skated over to the others, and Purple demonstrated a scratch spin for them. After the applause had subdued, Green went over to Purple.

"Since when did you become so good at skating?" Green asked Purple teasingly.

"Since forever," Purple replied, "Now show me some scratch spins!"

Green skated back over to everyone else and they all did a few scratch spins.

"That's dizzying," TSC remarked after doing a particularly fast spin.

"I know right? I guess skaters just get so used to it, they just don't get dizzy any more..." Yellow observed.

Blue came up to Purple again, his eyes twinkling.

"Can you show us some back spins this time?"

"Sure!" Purple exclaimed happily. He stepped onto his left inside edge, then transferred onto his right inside edge, spiraling into a backspin.

"Ta-da!!" He checked-out as Blue gave him a mini applause.

"Thank you, thank you." Purple smiled, bowing.

"Okay, okay, let me try that," Yellow said, joining in. He did the exact thing Purple did– except not as fast.

"Yellow, you have to remember that your arms and legs have to pull in at the same time. No delay," Purple clarified. "That goes for all of you."

Once they had gotten a few tips from Purple, their spins actually became faster and more centered!

"Ughh, I'm still traveling though," Green groaned, doing a small spin. "It's like– impossible to center!"

"Maybe you should hold the wind-up a bit longer," Yellow mentioned, noticing Green's blade marks on the ice. "It looks like you're doing it a little too soon."

"Hmm, okay," Green noted, trying it out a second time. Miraculously, holding the wind-up actually helped out a lot!

"See, I told you so." Yellow smirked, Green rolling his eyes.

By now, it was already becoming the evening, and the faint singing of birds had already carried away by the howling wind.

"Okay guys! Time to go," Purple gestured over to the front of the lake where the benches were.

"Aww, already?" Green complained, "I feel like we barely did anything!"

"Yeah, exactly what Green said," Red agreed, "Ooh, we should do this tomorrow!" He looked hopefully over to Purple who was sighing.

"We'll see," Purple replied.

    ° ° °

1497 words <33

too tired to put anything

(started + finished Sunday dec. 10)
this is the first time in a while since I started and finished a chapter in one day! :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.7K 190 13
A cashier worker working at his friends coffee shop, of which someone walks in, is famous at that. Will they find a solution to love each other until...
1.5K 65 3
Surviving high school isn't easy for Four. For one, his popular and outgoing self wants to break down the well-built walls of the new kid, who seems...
233K 5.2K 74
imagines as taylor swift as your mom and travis kelce as your dad