Going To The 60's With Space...

By Penzie

Shen Yuying who has lived a life ridden with bad luck in her last life got transmigrated to a parallel world... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7 & 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
NOTICE!!!
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
ANNOUNCEMENT
NOTICE
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 31

1.2K 23 0
By Penzie

A middle aged woman cried while running towards Shen Yuying, and the man that came with her moved slowly while limping.

With tears streaming down the woman's face she called "Xiaoxia, Xiaoxia, it's mother, can you hear mother?"

Sure enough, after hearing her mother's voice, Liu Caixia open her eyes and cried.

By now, that man that came with Liu Caixia's mother also arrived and is standing in front of Shen Yuying.

"Xiaoxia, it's father, what happened to you my daughter. Why did you drown?"

The man said while touching his daughter's face with trembling hand.

Shen Yuying curiously took a good look at the both of them.

Although the woman is quite old and the skin is darkened because of the sun, but you can still tell that this is a beautiful woman.

On the other hand, the man that came with her, she assumed her husband because of how he called himself father of Liu Caixia is quite ordinary looking  and a lot older compared to his wife.

If Shen Yuying hadn't heard him say he's Liu Caixia's father, she would instead think he is the grandfather.

"Mother Liu and father Liu, she's still weak after vomiting a lot of water, so I suggest we take her home or at the village clinic so she will be checked." Shen Yuying suggested.

They're both wet from being submerged in the river, and it's not good for Liu Caixia to be out in the open air like this.

Although the middle aged woman looks about in her late 30s, so looks quite weak so I can't hand over Liu Caixia to her.

Her father on the other hand looks about someone in his 50s, quite strong look base on the muscles in his arms. But he is limping, and the path is so uneven, so Shen Yuying decided to carry Liu Caixia.

"Don't worry I will carry Liu Caixia and you just show me the way."

Mother Liu looked at Shen Yuying, she did not recognize the young woman in front of her.

But since she saved Liu Caixia, she believed that Shen Yuying is a good person.

Father Liu was embarrassed at the fact that he couldn't carry his own daughter, he was full of guilt and remorse, and also worried about his youngest daughter. Looking at such a small woman carrying her daughter, he feels so helpless.

Seeing the look on their faces, she knows what they were thinking.

"Mother Liu and father Liu, my name is Shen Yuying, I am one of the educated youth that arrived today. You don't have to worry, although I look like this, I'm quite strong." She said while smiling to reassure them.

The 2 parents nodded at her.

"Let's go to the barefoot doctor. Liu Caixia's body is weak since birth. Now that she has an accident in the river,  she will need more supplement."

Father Lin also agreed, but he was worried about such weak and delicate looking girl, she is the prettiest girl he's ever seen in his life. Although he mostly stayed in this village all his life. Is it really true that she's strong. Although Caixia's body is small, she's still heavy. Could she truly carry Lin Caixia?

But seeing her carrying Caixia without breaking a sweat, she must be telling the truth. So they quickly made their way to the barefoot doctor.

By now, the people that followed the couple after hearing the news that someone drowned in the river caught up with them and is huddling together on one side of the pathway.

But they mostly ignored these people,  and kept on walking until they met Lu Aiguo, the village Captain's youngest son with a young man by his side, later she learned that this is Liu Caixia's elder brother who is only few years older than her.

Shen Yuying know that in this era, the girls reputation is very important.  Although Liu Caixia is young, she is a girl after all, so she couldn't hand her to other people especially not the males.

When Lu Aiguo saw her, he immediately recognized her and said "Shen Zhiqing, thank you for your hardwork, Isn't Liu Caixia heavy? I will carry her." He said.

But Shen Yuying couldn't agree, so he politely declined.

"Second brother Lu, it's ok. Liu Caixia is not very heavy, and we are both wet, so I'll carry her instead."

Lu Aiguo understood her meaning, Lu Caixia is a girl and she is already in this state, it's not good for her reputation.

So he nodded his head. It's really not good if she carry Liu Caixia as they are not relatives.

Shen Yuying looked at Lu Aiguo and suddenly thought of her back basket still near the river. After briefly deliberating,  she decided to ask for help.

"Second brother Lu, I've left my back basket near the river, can you ask someone to fetch it for me?" Shen Yuying hesitantly asked.

She needs to wash up after taking Liu Caixia to the village clinic and won't have time to go back to the river to get her stuffs.

Hearing what she said, Lu Aiguo's eyes lit up and said "I'll go get it"

He left with the little guy that showed Shen Yuying the way  to tell him which part of the river Shen Yuying left her things.

Liu Caixia's brother on the other hand was Liu Dongmin was asked to return home to fetch Liu Caixia's clothes.

And the rest made their way to the barefoot doctor. With no other interruptions, they were able to reach the place quickly.

Liu Caixia's face is very pale and she is breathing heavily.

Liu Caixia's mother hurriedly changed her clothes with the ones that was brought by Liu Dongmin.

And she even covered Shen Yuying with a blanket that Liu Dongmin got from their house.

Placing Liu Caixia in bed after changing her clothes, the barefoot doctor went ahead and examined her.

Although her face is still pale, she wasn't shivering much as she did earlier.

Outside the clinic, there's a bunch of people waiting for gossip. They were on a group of 3 and 4 talking about what happened.

Some says she slipped and some says she jumped on her own and a few others says that she was pushed.

But none of them really knew what happened.

In this remote village, gossiping is the only form of entertainment.  Talking about other people's lives is what most people do if they have free time.

Shen Yuying saw Lu Aiguo from a distance, carrying her back basket. So she stood up and waited for him to come.

She has to go home, she was also soaked in water and she was already feeling uncomfortable.  She wants to wash up and change her clothes.

When Lu Aiguo arrived, he gave the back basket to Shen Yuying and went inside the clinic then asked "what happened? How did you find her?"

I went out to pick up firewood from the mountains periphery and when I'm about to go home I got a little lost and went to the river instead."

Shen Yuying started her story, she had to lie about being lost as she was not familiar with this place.

Not far from the was Liu Caixia's parents and brother who was about 13 or 14 in age. They were also closely listening to her story.

"When I was close to the river I saw 2 groups of children seems to have an altercation.  Liu Caixia was surrounded  by the opposing children, and her companions had all ran away leaving Liu Caixia alone. When I made my way to her to stop the other children from bullying her, she was shoved by a young girl about same age as her and when she was already in the edge of the river, a young man who looks a little older than her pushed her into the river."

Shen Yuying seriously narrated what happened and the others and the gossipers outside are intently listening to her.

Then she continued.

"When she was already in the water helplessly asking for help, those children who did this to her laughed out loud. And then hurriedly left the river. I jumped into the river to save the drowning Liu Caixia and asked a kid to help me bring her back home."

"That's all that happened, you all know the rest." She said seriously.

But suddenly thought of something.

"Although I didn't recognize the faces of the 3 children that bullied Liu Caixia because I just arrived today, but If I saw them again, I will definitely recognize them." She assured everyone.

She was especially disgusted by those children and their actions. They're so young yet so vicious,  and even dared to laugh even though they knew they could kill someone.

"Brother Lu, it's not only me who witnessed what happened there are a few children playing nearby. And even the little guy that accompanied me was brave enough to chase Liu Caixia in the water with a stick to try to save her."

Everyone turned to look at the little guy who was just behind Lu Aiguo.

And while some looked at him with awe and some kids looking at him with envy.

The gossipers are more interested in knowing that Liu Caixia was pushed into the river. The question is who pushed Liu Caixia.

"Who is so vicious to push someone into the river?"

"Dont we all know the river is dangerous especially that part near the foot of the mountain? This push is definitely to kill someone."

"It is said that its about the same age as Liu Caixia and Liu Dongmin."

"Don't we all know who likes to bully Liu brothers and sisters all day long."

"Exactly, now that I think about it, their elders are not good people, for sure their youngsters are also not good people."

"Shh! Don't say that, we still don't know if they're the ones that did it."

"Isn't it obvious, who did it, who are you trying to protect. "

And the gossipers outside the clinic had made their own speculations about the culprits.

Although Shen Yuying could hear them, she just ignores all their rambles. And she decided to go home to change clothes and will come later to check Liu Caixia and return the blanket after its dried.

But she felt that she had forgotten something.  Just in time, she saw a small head peaking at the back of Lu Aiguo.  Only did she realize that she had forgotten little Hu Zi.

She waved her hand at him and motioned for him to come. Little Hu Zi's eyes lit up when Shen Yuying finally noticed him.

He wasn't sure if he could get a candy because he didn't complete the task of taking Shen Yuying to Liu Caixia's house.

But still she followed them to the village clinic hoping he could still get his reward and also check on Liu Caixia.

And now that Shen Yuying noticed his presence,  he became very happy.

When he ran towards Shen Yuying, everyone was taken aback by his actions.

Shen Yuying rubbed his head and said "little Hu Zi is a brave little man and you want to save your sister Caixia from drowning right?"

Little Hu Zi's face turned red. He did want to save Liu Caixia but he is still small and doesn't know how to swim, so he thought of using the stick to help pull her, but Liu Caixia is far away.

So when he saw the big sister jump into the river to save Liu Caixia, he became happy. Liu Caixia is a nice person who shares her food to him.

"But its dangerous to do that. You might slip while walking  through the edge of the river. So next time, if you see someone drowning in the river, you can ask an adult for help, okay?"

Shen Yuying praised him and reprimanded him at the same time. Although his intentions are good, but it was impossible for him to save Liu Caixia who was bigger than him and he might be in an accident too.

If the 2 of them had drown, that would really be a disaster.

Little Huzi bowed his head, he only came for candy and he got reprimanded.  But still, he bowed his head and listened.

Seeing his appearance,  Shen Yuying felt bad, but she still asked him "Do you understand?"

He slowly lift his head and said "I understand" he sigh deeply.  Now he thinks that it's really impossible to have a candy.

Shen Yuying smiled, reached for her purse in the back basket and took 3 candies from space. She showed her hand in front of Huzi and said.

"Nevertheless, you are a brave boy today, and when you grow up, you can be a hero little Huzi. Big sister will give you 3 candies little Huzi"

Little Huzi's eyes bulged when he saw 3 candies in front of him. He looked at Shen Yuying and when he saw her smile at him and nod he took the candies and hug it with his little body.

The others listening to the side in admiration, envy and regret.

Huzi got 3 candies and they got nothing. But they didn't help Liu Caixia and they also didn't come over when Shen Yuying had motioned for them to come.

The Liu couple who knew that Huzi tried to save Liu Caixia was very thankful. They knew Huzi, he was the young son of widow Lu, her husband had sacrificed in the army leaving 2 children behind.

Just then a haggard looking woman came in the clinic looking for Huzi, it turns out to be widow Lu.

She was worried because Huzi didn't come back when it was already late, so she decided to look for him, just as she heard an accident happened and she became more worried.

As many people came in the barefoot doctor clinic,  she also made her way there to check just in time to hear about what his son did.

She started to tear up, although life wasn't easy, she had raised a good son.

Her husband served the army and was sacrificed when Huzi was just a few months old.

Widow Lu hadn't remarried and stayed at her late husband's parents house. Her husband had left behind 2 old parents, a wife and 2 children.

Life wasn't easy for these people.

Widow Lu's husband was the only child and Huzi was his only son. She couldn't leave her children in the care of their grandparents and remarry.  

People often gossiped about her, she was still young but chose to live as a widow.  Especially be the her parents often comes before to convince her to remarry.

But unlike other arrange marriages, she had truly fallen inlove with her husband before they got married.

She wanted to care for his parents and raised their children until they become adults.

Her husband was a good man, and her in laws are good people. Even better than her own parents.

So widow Lu decided to stay and live a life of a widow, no minding other peoples words.

But because there was only 1 male, 2 females and 2 children, the life hasn't been easy. And because Huzi's father had only been an ordinary soldier,  the compensation money was not much.

But they had kept the money for future use, we won't know what will happen.

Both widow Lu's children are good in nature, and now that Huzi did this everyone admired him especially the Liu couple. They thought they'll help both children when they can.

Widow Lu came forward to get Huzi and there were a few greetings and introductions.

Having received all 3 candies, Huzi was very happy and bragged about it to his mother who only rubbed his head and smiled helplessly.

Huzi turned to look at Shen Yuying and said "thank you big sister, can we go home now?" He asked.

He was excited about the candy and wanted to share it with his sister, mother and grandparents.

Shen Yuying gave him a big smile and said "Yes, your mother was worried about you and looked for you, so your other family must be worried. So you hurry home." She said and waved her hand.

Widow Lu smiled and Shen Yuying and they both turned around and go.

Shen Yuying already felt uncomfortable from being soaked, so she turned to the Liu couple and Lu Aiguo and said.

"I will go first, I need to wash up and change clothes. If you ever need me you can find me at the Educated youth house."

Liu couple came forward and mother Liu held her hand. "Thank you Shen Zhiqing, you can call me aunt Liu and this is my husband you can call him uncle Liu." Still sniffing, mother Liu continued.

"You are our family's benefactor, if you need anything just come to us and we will try our best to help you."

Shen Yuying patted mother Liu's hand, and nodded her head. "I understand Aunt Liu, Uncle Liu, then I will go now."

Then turned to Lu Aiguo and said "Thank you for helping me with my back basket Second brother Lu."

She took her basket and left the village clinic in a hurry. She ignored the people around and made her way to the Educated youth house.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.2K 1.1K 59
"mom, dad, Im married!" lahat ng relatives namin ay nagulat sa announcment ko. Sino ba naman kasi ang mag aakala na ang unica ija ng pamilyang Letpr...
211K 8.5K 50
(Male Yandere Demons x Female Reader) You are just a normal high school girl living a normal life. . . . Until your life is not normal anymore. ____...
550K 17.8K 160
Genre: Space, Doting, Farming, Time travel, Healing Synopsis: Xu Linyue from the 21st century crossing over with the heavenly space soul penetration...
71.3K 148 11
Adult content 🔞⚠️ , smut...😍 read ur own rick ❌‼️