Moonlight

Door AmouraLWright

"Stop that." I jumped slightly as my eyes shot over to the familiar hulking form standing in the doorway of... Meer

~~~~~~~~~๐Ÿ’ฎAuthors Note๐Ÿ’ฎ~~~~~~~~~
CHARACTER CHART
Prologue
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN

CHAPTER FIVE

10 2 2
Door AmouraLWright

Surprisingly, the hot topic at St. James high school today wasn't about me and "Mr. Little-dick" . Instead, it was about the 'hot' new kid and his 'equally hot' best friend (or so the girl sitting in front of me says) that transferred here.

"I'm serious! I caught a glimpse of them this morning and- bitch they were fine as hell!" Erica 'thinks-she's-queen-shit' Larson squealed from her seat in front of me in biology.

The sound of her nasally voice made me roll my eyes as I stared blankly out the window, tuning everyone out so I could watch cars pass the school in a blur. The leaves are starting to change into their signature fall colors, making the trees in the distance look more like a piece of artwork rather than a real place.

"Alright class, turn to page 275 in your textbooks and we'll get started." Mr. Anderson's mellow voice rang out as he stepped into the room, effectively shutting up Erica and her posse.

While I was busying myself with turning the pages of my textbook, the sound of the classroom door opening drew everyone else's attention.

"oh-my-gosh that's them! I told you they were good-looking!" Erica harshly whispered to her minions, making me roll my eyes again.

Doesn't this bitch ever shut up?

"Can I have everybody's attention up here for a second, please?" Mr. Anderson addressed the class with a slight smile.

"Oh you have got to be fucking kidding me..." I muttered to myself as my dull-gray eyes met with a pair of familiar green ones.

The smirk on his pierced lips and the glares I got from the girls in front of me told me I must have said that louder than I thought. Turning my attention to Erica and her little friends I shrugged my shoulders in a 'what' manner, making her roll her eyes with a scowl on her lips.

"Freak... "

"Alice?" Mr. Anderson called, turning my attention to him with my brow raised. "Is there a problem?"

"No sir."

The 39-year-old teacher nodded his head with a soft smile, turning his attention back to the two boys standing to his left. My eyes followed, connecting with those green eyes again. Now that it's daytime I was able to see his features more clearly.

His messy light brown hair stood out against his ivory skin and his black lip and ear piercings reflected against the light in the classroom.

Trailing my eyes further down I recognized the black leather jacket as the same one he wore to the party last week. Same with his black leather combat boots. Under his jacket he wore a plain black t-shirt and a pair of dark washed jeans.

Actually I think he wore this same exact outfit at the party.

Ignoring the smirk on his face when I looked back up to meet his eyes, I turned my attention to his friend who was also staring back at me with his curious blue eyes.

His black hair was styled in a way that was made to look messy, yet controlled. His light blue t-shirt, ripped denim jacket, and black ripped skinny jeans hung loosely around his body. A pair of black and white checkered vans covered his feet.

The bad boy and the player... It's almost comical.

"Alright well if you're done having your staring contest Ms. Books would you please raise your hand so they know where to sit."

"There's no need, Derek and I are already acquainted. " I rolled my eyes, turning my attention to the outside, catching a glimpse of a couple people skipping classes.

Man, I need a smoke...

The view of the outside was replaced with a pair of icy blue eyes as they stared at me with a bright smile that I did not return.

"Hello, you must be Alice! Im-"

"-Jeremy Decker. I know. Leave me alone." I glared, turning my attention to the teacher who had started his lecture on Darwin's theory of evolution.

"Nice to meet you too I guess... " he mumbled, resting his chin on his hand, making Derek who sat to my right chuckle.

"Nice to see you again, Red- still hostile I see." He joked, leaning into my space to whisper in my ear. I clenched the pencil in my hand tightly at his closeness.

I hate being touched- especially by men- unless I have given you my permission. Cass, for example, has my permission. Just like Alex, Aileen, and Alaric do.

"Leave. Me. Alone, Derek." I grit through my teeth, trying to control my breathing. His warm breath fanned across the side of my face and neck as he chuckled, slowly backing away.

"My bad, Red."

For the rest of the class period, Derek and Jeremy left me alone for the most part. While I was taking notes, I could feel their stares on both sides of my face. I tried to ignore it, and was, until the last five minutes of class when I felt Derek's finger poking the side of my leg.

"Don't. Touch me." From the corner of my eye, I could see him smirking at me, seemingly amused by my growing anger as he continued to poke my leg.

However, it was when he poked at the scar on my stomach that was hidden under my dark red sweater that I froze. Not even taking a deep breath, I sat up straight. Slowly, without blinking, I turned in my seat to face Derek. Staring directly into his eyes.

"Touch me again and I'll kill you, Wilder." I stared at him blankly for a solid couple of seconds without blinking. His eyes had widened like he hadn't expected that reaction out of me, and I'm pretty sure his skin paled a bit.

Good he should be afraid of me...

Without another word I turned back around to grab my things and walked out the door, the bell ringing a few seconds later. The people in the halls must have been able to feel my boiling anger because they all moved out of my way as I passed them.

Who am I kidding, im 'the freak' of course they'd move.

"Alice? Where are you going?" Cas's voice rang out in the crowded hallway making me stop in my tracks. "History is this way, we have it together remember?"

When I turned to look at her she froze. It's very rare that I am so angry to the point I shut down, but because its happened before Cas knows how to handle the situation safely. I've snapped at her before, so she knows the signs.

"Nevermind, I'll tell him your in the nurses office." she smiled softly at me and I gave a firm nod in appreciation.

Turning back around I walked right out the back door of the school and headed for the bleachers by the football field. Once I got there, I pulled out my phone and called Alex.

"Alice? You alright kiddo?"

"pick me up."

I could hear his breath hitch on the other end as he muttered a few curse words. He's on patrol right now, so I know he's in the area.

"what happened? I'm on my way! don't. hang. Up. "

"later."

"is anyone... hurt?"

I nearly flinched at the accusation, but I don't because it wouldn't be the first time I've snapped and someone had been on the way. That someone being Cas. In my blind rage I broke her hand when she tried to calm me down.

I felt extremely guilty when my mind had cleared up, and it took a month of constant apologies and carrying her bags around both school and the mall for her to forgive me.

"Not yet."

"Boy or girl?"

"Boy."

"Back or stomach?"

"Stomach."

"Where are you now?"

"Bleachers. "

"Alright im here. I can see you, do you want me to come get you?"

"No."

I hung up the phone, stiffly making my way to the patrol car that was parked out front of the school. Standing outside of the car with his arms crossed was Alex. Despite the smile on his face, I could also see the trepidation practically oozing from his posture.

"Gym or home?" he asked as I opened the back door, tossing in my bag.

"Gym."

Alex must have explained the situation to his partner Eli because he hasn't acknowledged me once during the car ride to the gum that's located close to the station.

Smart man.

"Alright, I made a call to the owner so he should have the place cleared out before we get there." Alex informed me, looking through the glass separating the front seat to the back.

"You'll have to grab your gym bag from the back of my car before you leave. I didn't have time to grab it for you."

"Ok. "

~•~•~•~

The gym was indeed vacant by the time we got there, and I was mentally thanking Alex's connection with the owner.

They were in the military together I guess. I don't know what branch though, I've never asked. It might've been the Marines.

Because the gym was empty, that meant I didn't have to hide my scars from anyone. So when I got to the locker room I quickly changed into a sports bra and spandex shorts. My hands started shaking while I was wrapping my hands in athletic tape.

You really are pathetic, you know that?

I whipped my head around, trying to find the source of that sickeningly familiar voice.

"No. You're not here." I shook my head, storming out of the locker room and straight to the sandbags hanging from the ceiling.

Hmmm. I'm always here...

"Get out of my head! " I growled out, sending a flurry of punches to the black leather sandbag and for a moment I imagined it to be the green eyed asshole who doesn't seem to understand the concept of 'personal space'.

I punched, kicked, elbowed, and kneed the poor thing for at least 2 hours before I even started to feel like I was calming down. The voice in the back of my head had disappeared during my frenzy.

But it'll be back... it always comes back.

"Well just fucking perfect... " I mumbled to myself, noticing that the athletic tape around my knuckles had gone from a clean shade of white to a deep shade of red.

I'm beginning to think you like the feeling of blood on your hands, little Alice.

I told you it would be back.

Deciding to ignore it, I walked back into the locker room to wash the blood off my hands and to clean my knuckles so they won't get infected. I avoided looking at the mirror knowing what I'd see if I did.

I didn't even wince while I was unwrapping my hands. Not even while I was washing my hands with soap and water did I let out any whimper or moams of pain.

"Alice? I brought you lunch, where are you?" Alex's booming voice called out to me from the other side of the gym.

"Locker room!" I yelled back and after a few seconds there was a knock on the door.

"You alright, kiddo? Can I come in?"

"Yes."

Alex walked in holding a subway bag and two large drinks in his hands. When he saw that I was cleaning the fresh wounds on my hands he rushed over to my side, sitting on the bench next to me.

"Here, let me do it." He pulled my first aid kit out of my gym bag that was haphazardly thrown on the floor, pulling out the materials he needed.

"May I touch you?" he asked hesitantly, probably not knowing if he'll trigger another episode. I nodded, turning my attention to the phone that's buzzing in the bag.

"What."

"Hey, sorry. I'm just checking in." Cas's gentle voice filtered through the phone and I realized I never told her Alex picked me up.

"I'm okay. Alex picked me up from school, sorry I didn't tell you."

"Don't worry, I figured that's why there was a cop car outside the school earlier." she chuckled, bur it didn't sound very genuine.

"you okay? I'm sorry if I scared you."

"It's not that... It's just that im not the only one who saw you get in the squad car." She sighed and I could almost imagine the eye roll.

"let me guess... They think I got arrested? Right?"

I rolled my eyes, earning a curious look from Alex as he dabbed rubbing alcohol on the wound. I just simply shrugged, shaking my head in annoyance, making him chuckle a bit to himself.

"Yeah. But don't worry, they're just stupid teenagers who don't know anything."

You don't know anything either Cas... not really.

I only hummed in response, mouthing a thank you to Alex who just finished bandaging up my hands.

"Well I have to go, Jace is waiting for me. I'll talk to you later! Love you!"

"Bye."

"I can't believe she's still with that asshole." I rolled my eyes, while Alex chuckled, swallowing the bite of his turkey sub.

"Ah, young love."

"Gross." I rolled my eyes, unwrapping my buffalo chicken sub, taking a large bite out of the spicy goodness.

"Just wait. One day you'll fall in love and-"

"- No. "

"No? " he raised his right brow at me, taking another bite out of his sub, followed by a drink of his Pepsi.

"No. We aren't having this conversation. You know how I get when someone touches me– Hell, that's the whole reason I'm here right now and not at school! " I let out a sigh, rubbing the scar over my nose.

"I don't know who'd be stupid enough to love me."

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

383K 9.8K 43
-Blake- Rose stands not too far in front of the ring looking at me, her face is pale and my gut twists in ways it never has. She shouldn't be here, w...
58K 1.9K 47
I suddenly crashed to the floor, my papers flying everywhere "Watch where you're going, Jesus!" The middle one said and kept walking. "Hey, asshole...
8.5K 203 13
"Are you out of your mind? I could hurt you." The veins started to pumped up in fear of what i'm capable to do. Everything was a blur to me, the room...
94.5K 1.8K 50
Alexis was heartbroken when August, her best friend of ten years, humiliated her in front of the whole school. August leaves school the same year and...