𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐋 𝐈𝐍 𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐆𝐔�...

By Danique404

⚠️WARNING: abuse, panic attacks, strong language⚠️ He started a law case on a fine... she's the lawyer of the... More

𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐃𝐄-𝐈𝐒𝐀𝐃𝐎𝐑𝐀 𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐓𝐎𝐍
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟔
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟕
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟖
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟗
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟎
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟏
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟐
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟑
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟒
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟓
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟔
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟕
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟖

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑

306 14 0
By Danique404

-𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐃𝐄-𝐈𝐒𝐀𝐃𝐎𝐑𝐀-

I was yawning as I arrived at my apartment. It was time to change before going to my parent's house for their party. I got a dress which is trendy but still elegant. I did my hair in a bun and I pulled on my white pumps.

I added my gold jewelry and then stepped into my Aston Martin car. I drove to my childhood home and entered the house with my key.

"Mom? Dad?"

"Kitchen princess!"

I walked into the kitchen and my dad smiled at me as he looked at me.

"You look beautiful my darling."

He kissed my cheek before twirling me around like the sweet dad he is.

"Thank you dad."

"There are some guest already in the living room. Go say hi please."

"I will."

I walked to the living room and saw my mom's disapproving expression. I smiled politely at the guest and went along everybody to greet them before settling next to Steve.

"How are you doing Steve?"

"I'm well thank you for asking. Had to hear son complain about some law case he lost or something. I stopped listening somewhere halfway."

"Really? What was he sued for?"

"A speeding fine... ended up a lot more expensive than he expected."

"Sorry... that was probably my fault. Mister Russell was not smart enough to think everything through. Should have just paid that fine."

"Don't worry Adelaide-Isadora. Everything is fine. It will let him learn a lesson."

I gave him a polite smile when the doorbell rang. I walked to the front door and opened it. I looked up into a pair of familiar green blue eyes.

"Russell..."

His eyebrows raised as he looked me in the eyes. He swallowed and looked to the girl hanging on his arm before he looked back at me.

"Wait... you're a Huntington... as in the daughter of Odette and Frank..."

"I am. Come on in please. We don't want the cold to get into the house too much."

"Oh yes thank you."

I gave them a polite smile.

"Hi I'm Carmen."

"Adelaide-Isadora. Pleasure to meet you."

"Wauw that's a long name."

"I'm aware of that."

We both smiled at each other as I walked them to the living room.

"Would you like something to drink?"

I looked at Carmen and ... I still don't know what his name is to be honest. They both looked up at me and smiled as they gave me their drink of choice. I walked into the kitchen and poured in two glasses of wine for them. Footsteps came into the kitchen and I looked into the blue green eyes of Russell.

"Russell..."

"You can call me by my first name."

"I don't even know your first name."

"George... my first name is George."

He held his hand out and I took it. Might as well get on first name basis if our family are so called friends.

"Adelaide-Isadora."

He raised his eyebrows and laughed softly.

"Are you taking the piss with me?"

"Do I look like I'm taking the piss with you?"

His eyes widened as he inhaled a sharp breath. I pulled my hand back to my side and handed him his glass of wine.

"I'm really sorry."

"It's alright. Don't worry about it."

I walked past him into the living room leaving him in the kitchen. I gave Carmen her glass of wine with a smile.

"Here you go. If you want a refill don't be shy to ask for one."

"Thank you!"

I walked out of the living room again and sneaked out of the party to go to the office of my father. I called back one of my clients who had tried calling me earlier today.

"Good afternoon Theo. How are you feeling today?"

"I'm feeling a little better than yesterday. Thank you for asking dear."

"You're welcome Theo. I was calling you back. Do you remember why you called me?"

Theodore Todd was a 74 year old man. He was suffering from dementia and he only discovered when he was at the beginning of a divorce with his cheating wife. Ever since it's been going hard with his health. He doesn't have any children and I feel for him. I don't usually visit clients in my free time but Theodore Todd... is one heck of a man. He was my first high maintenance client and I will forever be grateful for the opportunity he gave me.

"I uh... I can't remember Isa."

"That's alright... take your time. Should I try and help you by giving you an idea?"

"If you wouldn't mind. I don't want to intrude on your time."

"You will never intrude on my time. Let's see... is it about the divorce? How far along we are? Any new information you want me to add?"

"No... it's not about the divorce..."

"Is it about hospice expenses?"

"That neither... but I know it has something to do with my health."

"Maybe your will? Who gets what when you won't be here anymore?"

"No... oh I know! I want euthanasia. I need you to help me get it... I want it as soon as my divorce is final so that money seeking brat won't get a penny of me anymore!"

I fell silent. Theodore Todd... he just admitted he wanted to die. I swallowed hard.

"Theo... are you... are you sure?"

"I'm sure Isa. My children have turned against me thinking I did the wrong thing against their mother and I have no other family anymore. In fact you dear... you are the only one who keeps me company and checks upon me. I want to leave all my belongings to you. You deserve them more than any of my bratty children. I have already noted that in my will."

I swallowed hard and felt soft tears well up in my eyes. Theo was like a grandfather for me. This hurts me deeply. I sighed and closed my eyes.

"If that is what you want I will look into it for you alright? Do me one favor Theo. Keep thinking of this decision."

"Thank you Isa."

(1026 words)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

398K 9K 50
~ '𝐇𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐭 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐢𝐦, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐚 𝐟𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐡𝐞𝐫' ~ ❝You know I'll w...
88.9K 2K 40
„I'm sure we'll meet again" An unexpected acquaintance turns into something more. Willow is in her last year of Uni and is currently trying to demoli...
188K 6.5K 43
: ̗̀➛ part one of the one for the road series THE LONG GAME / GR63 Talia Agu's life was finally back on track after...
1.6M 43.8K 89
They say a successful marriage requires falling in love more than once, always with the same person. Nadia has witnessed pain in various ways, even...