A December to Remember

By simpforholytrinity

Collection of Holiday one shots featuring characters of Sarah Paulson and Cate Blanchett For my own sanity th... More

Sweater Weather |b.d.h|
Winter Wonderland |b.e|
The Magic of Christmas |a.m.r|
Peace in Storybrooke |r.m|
Wrapped Up |a.t|
Reindeer Games |Amanda|
Baby, it's cold outside |Karen|
Once Upon A December |f.z|
'Tis the season |tam|
Christmas. Chicken. Chaos. |c.a|
Home for the Holidays |l.t|
My Reason for the Season |s.m|
The Present Crisis |w.v|
Cinnamon & Spice |l.r|
Santa Baby |c.g|
Better Than Snow |l.w|
Cozy Season |c.a/a.g|
I believe |m.c|
Bah Humbug |j.f|
White Christmas |d.s|
Let it snow |m.y|
wish y(u)letide were gay |x.t|
Carols & Chopin |h.h|
When Sparks Fly |l.m|

Under The Mistletoe |m.r|

465 17 8
By simpforholytrinity

I've worked at Sally's for a while now, a cute little bar ducked off in the trees. I first happened upon it maybe three years ago. As soon as I set foot inside, I knew this was a place for me. I had just broken up with my girlfriend and wanted to drink away my sorrows. I ended up flirting with Sally, the owner of the bar, and eventually she ended up driving me home since I was too drunk.

The next day, when I came to retrieve my car, she offered me a job. She said she could tell I needed the distraction and I thanked her for it. So here I am, working for her ever since and I have to say it's one of the best jobs I've ever had. Needless to say, this is my kinda scene because I'm gay. I find comfort in all the new faces every night, each sharing the comfort of not having to hide.

Tonight is supposed to be busy, as it usually is during the holidays. I've agreed to work over time because it's great money and there's really no other way to spend my time. However, I won't really be working too hard tonight considering most drinks are already premade. It just helps in terms of the rush and plus the holiday drinks are always self-serve for the most part.

Sally is pretty lenient when it comes to things like that because she trust her customers. Also the dispensers are right near the bar and I'm quite observant. As I'm cleaning a few glasses and shakers, the wooden door opens and the remaining light of the sun floods in. My gaze travels to meet a familiar face and I smile, remembering the first time I met the fiery-haired woman.

I'm mixing a drink when a sweet smell invades my senses. I can't pinpoint exactly what it is, but it certainly catches my attention. I pour the drink, sliding it over to the appointed regular and turn my head in the direction of which that unforgettable smell came from. I'm met with an older woman, red hair cascading to her shoulders.

She seems hesitant, as if she's out of her depth. She takes a seat at the bar and I make busy to give her time to go over the menu. I slowly make my way over as I see her glancing around and I lean closer to better hear her. "What can I get ya?" I ask politely and she seems startled that I spoke to her, which makes my already present smile widen.

"A gin and tonic" she states confidently and I nod, my eyes narrowing a bit. "Coming right up" I say, leaning back and reaching for the liquor. I decide to make her a cosmo instead, but I made a little shot worth of the drink she asked for. I just have a feeling she only requested the drink because it's more of a proper or 'traditional' cocktail.

I walked back over, sliding the drink to her and she furrows her eyebrows. "This... isn't what I asked for" she says as she pushes it back over to me and I chuckle. "Just try it" I insist and she shakes her head, "here. This is what you ordered" I say. I give her the little shot glass and she eyes me curiously, bringing it up to her lips to sip on it.

She almost immediately grimaces, even though she tries to hide it. She places the shot glass down, not even bothering to finish it. I grab it and toss it back, shaking my head a little and wincing at the burn. I glance back at her to see her eyeing me almost disgusted and I giggle. "What? We don't waste around here" I shrug and she just gives me a tight-lipped smile.

She carefully takes the straw in the other drink I made her and sips it. She hums a little and leans back more in her seat. "So?" I prompt as I lean closer to her, "it's good" she shrugs. "I know" I reply in the same tone and then back away to serve the rest of the customers. I periodically refill her drink and she opens up more throughout the night.

By the time I'm cleaning up and getting ready to close, she's still there. I can tell she's too drunk to drive and I giggle a little as she stumbles while at trying to stand. I quickly run over and catch her, my arm securely wrapped around her waist. She turns to me and smiles drunkenly, a light blush coating her cheeks.

I get the impression that she's not often reduced to this state so I take great care to make her feel comfortable. Not only that but I'm also drinking it all in, finding her to be quite amusing. I finally to convince her to let me drive her after about 20 minutes of debating or rather just me trying to understand her incoherent mumbles.

I drive her car and get her back to her motel, having gotten her to at least give me the name before she passed out. Once we arrive I gently take her in my arms, carrying her to the room she said. I manage to get the keys out while still holding her and then close the door with my foot. I sigh softly as I lay her in the bed, not knowing whether I should change her.

Just as I decide against it, she grabs the collar of my coat and holds me close to her. "Thank you" she whispers, the smell of vodka wafting from her tongue to my nose. "You're welcome" I chuckle softly as she smiles goofily and eventually she loosens her grip on me. I tuck her in and turn off the light, leaving after and calling my boss to take me back to my car.

I chuckle to myself, remembering how Sally wasn't too peachy about that. I mean what was I to do though? She seemed to have an important job, at least a stressful one considering her overdue need to unwind. As she approaches me, she smiles shyly. It's been about two months since that happened and it's the last time I saw her.

I lean against the counter as I wait for her to walk up. Her eyes subtly scanning the room, lingering a bit on the drink dispensers. She eventually finds her way to me and takes a seat on one of the stools. "Long time no see" I prompt, "mm indeed" she answers quietly. "So the usual?" I suggest, "the 'usual'? You... remember?" she asks hesitantly.

"How could I forget my prettiest and drunkest customer of the year?" I tease and her cheeks tint pink from my words as I grin mischievously. "Really?" she mutters, "well... no. You definitely weren't the drunkest" I state and it takes a second but her cheeks tinge even darker when she realizes. "That's good to know" she giggles, "are you gonna work or just flirt with all the customers?" Sally scolds me and I roll my eyes.

"First of all, I am working. Secondly, I don't 'flirt' and most importantly IF I was... you kinda just ruined it" I mock her tone and she shakes her head amused as she walks off. "Do you trust me?" I turn to ask the redhead, "I don't know... I guess so considering—well—before" alluding to our previous meeting. "I want to make you an extra special drink" I smirk and turn to mix it up, playing around with a few ingredients to try and match her taste as best I can.

I carefully rim the glass with some simple syrup I purposefully boiled thick. A few colored sugar crystals rolled on top of that and then I pour in the drink. I slide it to her and place the straw in, leaning on my elbows as I wait for her to try it. "And what might this be? It looks like coffee" she asks, grabbing the straw cautiously.

"Just a little something I whipped up; I call it the sugar cookie martini. Trust me, it's delicious" I promise and she nods, taking a sip and smile softly. "So..." I prompt excitedly, "you certainly don't disappoint" she smirks and it's my turn to get a little
nervous. "I try my best" I shrug funnily and she bites her lip gently as she turns away from me. The night progresses and the crowd dwindles until there's just a few stragglers.

This gives me time to clean a few tables so I won't have to do it later. Once that's done, I take a seat next to the beauty I've been staring at practically all night. "So, you didn't have any better plans than being here?" I ask, grimacing jokingly. "Holidays aren't my favorite" she mumbles, swirling the remaining contents of her drink.

"Yeah, I understand that" I agree quietly, "and again I find you sitting on your ass" Sally chimes. I turn to her as she places her hand on my shoulder and widen my eyes silently telling her to go away. "Oh my goodness" she gasps dramatically and roll my eyes, "would you look at that!" She exclaims. I follow her gaze to see a mistletoe conveniently hanging above us.

Sally walks off and I turn to Mildred, she stares up at the little plant with an unreadable face. "We don't have to—it's just a silly little-" "what does it mean?" she asks innocently, her gaze lowering to my face and I giggle nervously. "It's kind of a tradition; whoever finds themselves under a mistletoe has to kiss" I explain and her face quickly flushes red in embarrassment.

"Sorry, I've never..." "no worries. Like I said, we don't have to" I reassure her and she nods. It's quiet between us for a while and she stares intently at her drink. "And if I wanted to... you know—just for tradition purposes" she mumbles, glancing at me out the corner of her eye. "I'd like that" I say and she smiles timidly as she turns to face me directly.

I stand up in the small space between our seats as she eyes my every move. I lean my right arm on the counter to stabilize myself and I carefully place my opposite hand on her knee. She quickly glances at it and then back up to my face. "Are you sure?" I check and she nods slowly, "yes" she breathes out. I smile and lean closer, apparently not fast enough as I feel myself be pulled faster.

Her hands gripped my shirt and crash our lips together. Compared to the previous hastiness, her lips move graciously with my own like ballet slippers across the floor. However, the kiss is short-lived as she pulls away almost just as quick as she pulled me in. "I'm sorry..." she whispers, "what for?" I ask dazed and frankly confused. "I didn't mean to be so... rough" she says and I just shake my head.

I move my hand to her cheek, tilting her head so her eyes meet mine. "I'm not made of glass, I can take it" I smirk and something in her eyes changes. She pulls me back in, a little gentler this time but her lips move fiercely against mine. Her teeth close on my bottom lip as she pulls away and her eye bore into mine. My breathing is heavy as I search her eyes, the woman before me having completely transformed in a matter of seconds.

"Come home with me" she proposes, "I'm not sure you're lucid enough to be making decisions like that" I tease and she pulls me in closer, her breath ghosting ear as her mouth comes up next to it. "I'll show you just how sober I am" she whispers and lingers before pulling away, "just... one moment" I tell her as I hold up my finger. I go to the back and tell Sally I have to go and she actually doesn't give me a hard time.

Then again, she planned all this so, I'm not surprised at all. I get back to see Mildred standing near the door and I approach her slowly, taking deep breaths. "Nervous?" She teases, "maybe a little" I admit which leads to her placing a hand on my lower back. "Don't be" she whispers, a reassuring smile appearing on her face before granting me a kiss on the cheek.

We walk out hand in hand to her car where she leans against the driver door, pulling me with her so I have to catch myself on the hood. "I trust you'll follow me" she says, "anywhere" I whisper and she bites her lip as she smiles. "Mildred..." I breathe out, "yes" she replies as though she's answering my unasked question, instead of prompting me to go on.

"Merry Christmas" I mumble against her lips and she giggles, "Merry Christmas" she mouths before capturing my lips.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 42 6
Yes, I know, it's another collection of Sarah Paulson stories to your delight but also mine. What can I say? I think I read everything available onli...
3.2K 65 10
This will be multiple fandoms, the biggest ones being: - Ocean's 8 - Once Upon A Time - Grey's Anatomy Characters of: Gillian Anderson Helena Bonham...
1.4K 28 14
This is just a bunch of one shots about many different actresses and their character's ☆ Includes people such as: Sarah Paulson Jessica Lange Jenni...
63.6K 2.6K 100
These are one shots of her characters. I'll put any trigger warnings at the beginning since some will be mental health based and also some smutty one...