Serendipitous...

By mrsfredweasley22

ser•en•dip•i•tous adjective occurring or discovered by chance in a happy or beneficial way Chandler Black was... More

Intro/Diaclaimer
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Epilogue

Chapter 13

736 16 0
By mrsfredweasley22

Chandler sat silently in the passenger seat of Joe's car. She was incredibly nervous to meet his parents. It didn't help that she'd been sitting in this car for almost 2 hours. "Are you all right?" Joe asked looking over at the girl.

"Yeah just a little nervous," Chandler said.

"You shouldn't be nervous," Joe said, "My parents are going to love you."

"Really?" Chandler said.

"Yes. Especially my mom," Joe said.

"I'm just worried how they're going to feel about this situation," Chandler said.

"What do you mean?" Joe asked.

"Well we're having a baby and we're not in a relationship," Chandler said, "We barely even know each other."

"They don't care about that," Joe assured. He placed his hand on top of hers which was placed on top of her belly. "They're going to love you no matter what. Plus you're having their grand baby."

"You're right," Chandler said, "I shouldn't be nervous."

"We're here," Joe said pulling into the driveway and parking his car, "You ready?"

"Yup," Chandler smiled.

"I'll get your door," Joe said hopping out of the car and running around to the passenger side. Chandler couldn't help but laugh to herself.

"Are you sure I'm dressed fine?" Chandler asked. She looked down at her body con dress that showed off her bump. She had cropped a sweater over the top because of the cold November air.

"You look beautiful," Joe said. Chandler smiled at him as the two walked to the door, "We're here!"

"We're in the kitchen," Joe's mom called. Chandler took a deep breath before following Joe into the kitchen.

"Hey, Mom," Joe said hugging his mother.

"How are you," his mom asked.

"I'm good," Joe said pulling away from the hug.

"This must be Chandler," Joe's mom said pulling the girl into a hug, "I'm Robin. It's so nice to finally meet you."

"It's nice to meet you too," Chandler smiled.

"Oh and I can't forget my future grandbaby," Robin said touching her belly, "He or she is already so loved."

"There's my boy!" Joe's dad said walking into the kitchen.

"Hey, Dad," Joe said hugging him.

"This must be the beautiful lady you've been telling me about," Joe's dad said looking at Chandler. He opened his arms for a hug and she accepted. This family was very huggie...not something she was used to. "I'm Jim."

"It's nice to finally meet you," Chandler said.

"You as well," Jim said, "I've heard a lot about you."

"Really?" Chandler asked.

"Oh yes. Joey talks about you and the baby all the time," Robin said.

"Hmm. I didn't know that," Chandler said looking at Joe who was blushing.

"I don't talk about Chandler all the time," Joe said.

"Sure honey," Robin said patting her son's arm.

"So when do we get to find out what the little bean is?" Robin asked. Joe looked at Chandler asking if it was okay. She smiled and slightly nodded her head.

"We actually found out this morning," Joe said.

"Really?" Robin asked.

"Well go on, tell us," Jim said.

"We're having a girl," Joe said.

"Joey that's amazing!" Robin said pulling him into another hug.

"This family could use a few more girls," Jim joked.

"I bet you're so excited," Robin said to Chandler.

"We are," Chandler said.

"We'll have to go shopping for clothes soon," Robin said, "If you guys are ready I think dinner should be done."

"Do you need help carrying anything?" Chandler asked.

"Oh no sweetheart, you go sit at the table," Robin said, "The boys can help." Chandler smiled before walking over to the dining room table.

After all the food was on the table everyone started to fill their plates. "This lasagna is delicious," Chandler said.

"Thank you," Robin said, "It's one of Joe's favorites so I thought I'd make it since you guys came all this way."

"It really was no problem," Chandler said, "I'm glad I finally got to meet you guys."

"So Chandler," Jim said, "Tell us about yourself. What do you do?"

"Currently I work as a receptionist at my best friend's hair salon," Chandler said, "But before that, I worked at a law firm as a receptionist...so I guess you could say I'm a pretty good receptionist."

"What made you leave the law firm?" Jim asked.

"I actually got fired after working there for three years," Chandler said.

"That's unfortunate," Robin said.

"Yes. It was very unfortunate," Chandler said.

"So did you go to college?" Robin asked.

"I did," Chandler said, "I went to the University of Cincinnati."

"Chandler actually has a degree in Elementary Education," Joe said.

"Really?" Robin asked, "How come you never went into education?"

"Well it never really was the right time," Chandler said, "I was trying to make it on my own and a teaching salary just doesn't pay a lot."

"I completely understand," Robin said, "If it weren't for Jim I don't think I would have been able to do it."

"Education is a great profession," Jim said.

"It is. I'm hoping to maybe be able to teach one day," Chandler said.

"If you ever get the chance you should," Robin said, "The pay isn't great but it's such a rewarding career."

"So what about your family?" Jim asked, "What do your parents do?"

"Umm they uh actually own their own law firm," Chandler said. She didn't typically talk about her parents but she didn't want to make things awkward.

"Really?" Jim asked, "So you didn't want to go into law?"

"No," Chandler said.

"Do they live in Ohio?" Robin asked.

"Yes. They live in Toledo," Chandler said.

"Pretty far away," Robin said, "Were they excited about the baby?"

"Uh."

"Mom," Joe said sensing Chandler's discomfort, "Are you and Dad coming to the game on the 22nd against Washington?"

"We wouldn't miss it," Jim said.

"You should come!" Robin said looking at Chandler.

"Oh I don't know," Chandler said, "Football has never been my sport. I'd hate to intrude too."

"I'm sure Joe would love to have you at one of his games," Robin smiled.

"You'll be attending a lot of football games over the next several years," Jim said, "When the baby gets here I'm sure Joe will want her at some of the games."

"I'll definitely think about it," Chandler said.

"Well it's getting kind of late," Joe said looking at his watch, "We better get on the road for the 2-hour drive."

"Has it been that long already?" Robin asked.

"I'm afraid it has," Jim said.

"It was nice to meet you both," Chandler said.

"It was so nice to meet you," Robin said hugging the girl.

"We're looking forward to getting to know you better," Jim said, "We'll see you at your game."

"I'll see you then," Joe said.

"We hope to see you there," Robin smiled at Chandler. She followed Joe out of the door and to his car.

"Your parents are really nice," Chandler said.

"I told you that you had nothing to worry about," Joe said as he started the car.

"I'm glad we came to dinner," Chandler said, "And I won't go to the game if you don't want me to. I know it might be weird having me there."

"You should come," Joe said.

"Really? Don't you think that might cause some press?"

"I don't care," Joe shrugged, "I want you to be there."

"Okay," Chandler smiled, "I'll be there.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86.7K 1.7K 36
❝I never expected to fall for my little sisters best friend❞ :: sometimes you can't explain what you see in a person. it's just the way they take you...
1.6K 32 30
un·ex·pect·ed un·ex·pect·ed ˌənəkˈspektəd/ adjective adjective:unexpected not expected or regarded as likely to happen.
15.6K 714 38
The first time Joe decides to be spontaneous and have a one night stand, it leads to miraculous consequences.
57.6K 1.7K 31
After enduring years of abuse, Ali finally had enough. She packed everything she could and left her ex to start a new life with her four-year-old son...