Til The Bitter End | Alec Lig...

Per MayLarie10

Lena Fairchild has given everything and more for the Shadow World. She's died and sacrificed everything she h... Més

Playlist/Cast
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53

9

2.2K 53 8
Per MayLarie10

*edited*

"What if I hadn't pulled the cup out in time?" Clary stared at the card in her hand. Jace was standing close to her. He barely left any room between them.

I was standing with Isabelle. She was wearing more formal clothes today. I guess her parents wanted her to grow up or dress better. The Lightwoods take their parent's influence seriously. I would understand it. I have for a while wanted someone's approval so much. It meant everything to me until I just gave up.

"But you did. The first rule in shadow hunting is if something blows up just keep walking," Jace told her. Their faces were extremely close.

"And the second," She smiled. Izzy used her whip to snatch the cup from Clary's hands.

"There's nothing you can't do in heels," Izzy smirked as she and I walked down the stairs. She looked at the cup. She looked at the intricate designs on it.

"Alec, what are you doing? You can stare at these screens all you want, they can't get past those wards without angel blood," Jace turned away from her. Alec was standing in front of one of the monitors. Clary put the cup back into the card keeping it safely hidden.

"Not unless invited by a shadow hunter," Izzy said.

"Last I checked Valentine is a shadow hunter. The cup is not safe here, we have to give it back to the Clave," Alec turned around staring at Clary.

"No, not after everything we did to get it," Clary looked at me for help.

"I agree with Alec, it's extremely important Clary," I crossed my arms. She shook her head and turned herself away from me. 

"I agree," Izzy smiled.

"You're agreeing with me," Alec smiled.

"I'm full of surprises," Izzy leaned into my shoulder.

"Lena, this cup is the one chance we have at getting our Mom back," Clary looked at me. Her eyes searched mine for pity. Something. Anything.

"I agree with Clary," Jace added. I forced myself to not roll my eyes. Of course, he did. "We can't give it to the clave, not yet. It's our only bargaining chip."

"We can't give it back. Not yet. I promise you I will not let that monster get his hands on it. I know how important this cup is." Clary said. Alec looked at me and I shrugged. This wasn't my decision.

"Follow me," Alec sighed as he turned around walking onto the upper platform. Clary handed him the cup. The two of them talked for a few moments.

"You think their friends?" I asked Izzy.

"Not even a bit," She shook her head. An alarm started going off. We each turned to one of the screens seeing the alerts going off.

"Damn it," Alec muttered as he came to my side.

"What's happening?" Clary asked.

"Something is trying to break in," Izzy added.

"Don't say I told you so," Jace stopped Alec from talking. I moved for the doors with Izzy next to me. The boys behind us. We walked out moving through the pillars. There was fog out tonight. Our blades were a small source of light.

"Stop what you doing, turn around slowly," Alec warned. I saw Raphael turn around with Simon in his arms.

"Simon," Clary gasped. Each of us moved forward. He was pale, deathly pale.

"Hurry move him down there," Jace said as we went under the institute. Jace slid a book under his head as Raphael laid Simon down. He was dead.

"Someone's going to wonder what we found?" Iz said.

"I'll go," Alec added. "No one will come down here." I gave him a soft smile my eyes moving back to Simon.

"I may be a vampire, but I was raised a good catholic." He did the sign of the cross. Statues of Jesus were around us. 

"The vampires broke the accords. Killing Simon is grounds for war," Isabelle glared at him.

"We didn't do this. It was just Camille," Raphael said.

"Why would we believe you?" Jace asked.

"I could have left him. I could have hidden his body away, but I didn't," He glared at each of us. "I don't want war with the shadow hunters."

"You are the reason he was brought there in the first place," Clary snapped. Her eyes watered as she stared at her best friend. "You're the one who gave him to Camille."

"I never wanted this to happen," He sighed.

"Simon come back please," Clary cried as she rested her forehead on his chest.

"There is a way to bring him back." Raphael leaned against the wall.

"What?" Clary gasped.

"He is a fledgling. He's in transition. He could come back," Raphael explained.

"I would have Simon back alive and breathing," Clary looked at Jace.

"That's just it," Izzy shook her head. "He won't be alive or breathing."

"He'll be a vampire, Clary," I said. Her eyes met mine as a tear fell down her cheek.

"And it's not the sexy kind. It's the blood-sucking coffin dwellers."

"That's offensive," Raphael smiled. "Coffin implies wooden box, we live in caskets made of 14 carrot gold."

"My bad," Jace smirked.

"It's almost sunrise. Simon must be turned into a vampire or staked through the heart," Raphael added as he glanced at the floor-level windows.

"And if I do neither?" Clary asked.

"His soul will be trapped forever," Raphael pushed himself off the wall. "You have til sunrise. The clock is ticking." Clary looked at Jace again. He wouldn't say no to her.

"Iz, Jace. Mom and Dad want us," Alec came back down the stairs. Isabelle moved.

"I can't leave," Jace shook his head.

"Go, I'll be here," I said. He gave me a long look before walking back up the stairs with his siblings. 

"He called me," She muttered. "He called me and I didn't answer." She listened to the message. "Simon I'm so sorry. This is all my fault. Simon would have never gotten into this world without me."

"Clary," I shook my head. She looked at me. Her eyes watering I could see that she wanted to throw the blame on me. I stayed with her for a few more minutes, but Jace came down so I went up. I wanted to know what the meeting was about. I saw Alec kneeling next to a young boy.

"Max I promise I will get your stele back," He muttered. 

His eyes moved to me as I smiled at him. That was so cute. Alec was adorable with kids. I heard the doors open. Valentine walked in. I wasted no time in grabbing a knife from a nearby table and throwing it. I pulled my blade free. 

Alec did a similar thing firing an arrow. I didn't stop there though. Valentine caught both as I moved closer holding my blade in the air near his neck as he smirked. I watched as his body flickered and a female's face showed through the glamor. He pulled up his sleeve watching me as I glared at him. Then he marked a rune and transformed into a woman.

"That reaction time was abysmal," She sighed looking around at everyone.

"That's not funny," I muttered my blade still in the air. She smiled.

"Well except from you both," She stared at my blade, but I didn't lower it. "I'm Lydia Branwell. Onvoy from the Clave." She smiled. "And you're a Fairchild. Interesting."

"Try that again and I'll kill you, I don't care who you are," I warned her the blade deforming as I slid it back into my pocket.

"I can handle myself," She said.

"Not against me," I shook my head as I turned on my heel walking past Alec.

"Maryse!" Lydia smiled. "The Clave has sent me to take temporary control over the institute." She walked toward the Lighwood.

"The clave didn't inform—."

"The clave doesn't need to," She smiled. I stood next to Alec and the little boy.

"I don't like her already," I muttered. Alec leaned into my shoulder giving me a small smile.

"Good reaction time," He whispered. I saw the little boy look up at me.

"Your Lena?" The little boy asked. I nodded.

"I need full access to run a full investigation on this institute," Lydia added. She walked to the monitors using her stele. "Where is your sister Lena?" She looked over at me.

"She's in the field," Alec interrupted. "Training."

"You mean Valentine's daughter is just wandering the streets of New York," She snapped her eyes moving to me.

"She's also your cousin," Isabelle added. Lydia turned giving her a tight smile.

"Distant cousin," She said.

"I can't deal with this," I turned around.

"Lena Fairchild. You are not allowed to leave the premises," Lydia warned. Her heels clicked as she followed after me.

"Are you trying to keep me here? I don't do well in captivity," I gave her a tight smile as I crossed my arms.

"If I have to detain you, I will," Lydia glared.

"Lena," Alec muttered. His hand touched my arm until I released my hold allowing him to take my hand. Lydia looked at our joined hands. "She's with Jace."

"Jace Wayland. The one who ran an unsanctioned raid on the vampires," Lydia mumbled as she walked away from us.

"Jace may be sporadic, but he's our best soldier," Maryse walked after her. They both walked around the institute together. Maryse was trying to keep Lydia on her good side.

"Lena," I glared at the back of her head. "Linny." I finally turned to him.

"I don't like her," I breathed. He smiled and pulled me toward him hugging me.

"Me neither," Isabelle muttered as she leaned against the table in front of us. The three watched Lydia Branwell make her way around the institute taking command.

We split up to make sure that we had everything under control. Clary was going with Jace to Simon's Mom's house to get some slight advice on the situation. I'd just eaten my lunch when I got a message from Luke.

"Alec!" He turned around as I moved to him.

"Something attacked the Jade Wolf," I showed him the images. He took my phone and walked down the platform.

"There is something you need to see. Something attacked the Jade Wolf," Alec pulled the images up on the screen and handed me my phone back.

"The werewolf headquarters, how do you have these?" Lydia asked looking at me.

"I got them from Lucian Greyback. He's the leader of the pack," I said. She stared at me.

"Lucian, as in ex-circle member." She blinked a few times. "This has to do with Valentine."

"Maybe we should send Alec and Isabelle to check it out," Maryse reasoned.

"I need to see this for myself," She walked toward the doors but stopped. "You coming?" She asked. Her eyes were on Alec and no one else. He gave me a look and moved forward.

"Lena, I need to speak with you for a minute," Maryse motioned for me to follow her.

"I don't like her either," Isabelle whispered to me. I gave her a short smile and followed her mother.

"I need you to stay away from Alec," She muttered.

"Cause I'm a Fairchild?"

"Yes," She nodded. Her eyes moved over the crowd. "Our family name is at risk here and if you have any feelings toward my son then you will stay away from him. With Lydia here we are all under a strict light and every time you get pulled down, you pull him down as well." There it was again the heavy feeling in my chest. "Stay away from Alec."

"What do you want me to do, just leave?" I joked. She stared at me.

"If you have to yes, get your sister back here. I don't care but stay away from Alec and Isabelle. You aren't doing any of us any good by being here. I've tried my best over the years to make sure this didn't happen." She hissed as she got closer and closer to me.

"What do you mean?"

"Who do you think has denied them the permission to bring you into the institution? It was me. I know all about you Lena. More than you know and I know that all you will do for Alec is hurt him." She glared at me. Hurt him. Jace said a similar thing. I swallowed the lump in the back of my throat. 

"I want you gone before he gets back here." She walked off leaving me behind with the same heavy feeling in my heart. I went to my room and started packing. I guess I will go with Magnus or out on my own for a while. I could do that. I would be a rogue, but I couldn't just sit here. I could try and go after Valentine.

"Hey, Lena?" Isabelle came in. Her smile fell when she saw my bags. "What are you doing?"

"Nothing, what's up?" I asked continuing to shove my clothes into a bag.

"Can you give Magnus a ring? Lydia called ahead since they're bringing the downworlders back. She wants them to be looked over." She gave me a worried look. "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah," I breathed as I grabbed my phone. "I have to find your Mom. I will phone Magnus, yeah." I pulled my phone out as I walked forward down the hall.

"Hey Bean," Magnus answered.

"How fast can you get to the institution? We need you to look over a downloader that attacked the wolves," I reasoned.

"After this drink, see you in a bit Lilly," He hung up. I slid my phone back into my pocket.

"Maryse," I caught her attention. She stared at me with wide eyes.

"What did I tell you?"

"To leave, yes I know. They need Magnus, I'm friends with Magnus. So I have to stay for a while. Also once I leave wouldn't that make me an immediate threat to the institution?" I asked her. She stared at me her nostrils flaring.

"Don't speak to him," She snapped as she walked past me. 

I watched her walk away from me as my eyes fell on Alec. He and Lydia walked together. They looked like a strong pair. A force to be reckoned with. He gave me a tight smile, but I looked away and walked off. When I got down to the morgue section. I was given a mask. Magnus came in a few minutes after seeing me stare at the body.

"You alright, Bean?" Magnus asked. I nodded but didn't look away from the body.

"Can you?" I motioned to the dead creature. He nodded. Isabelle came down glancing around the room.

"Hey Lena," She greeted.

"Hey," I nodded my head. Magnus looked at me as I looked away.

"I guess my mother talked to you then," she sighed. "I'm sorry if she said anything mean. She's always been like that."

"It's fine," I nodded. Magnus used his magic to search the downworlder's mind. I waited in the corner until they were done.

Isabelle handed me the autopsy report as I left. She wanted me to give it to the head of the institution, but I wouldn't talk to Lydia. 

I hesitated when I heard noise from the training room. He was punching the bag, sweat glistening on his skin. His shirt off. I walked in.

"Autospy report," I told him as I looked through it myself.

"That's supposed to go to the head of the institute," Alec breathed. I glanced at him for a moment and then looked back at the folder.

"It is," I reasoned. He walked past me as he pulled on his jacket. He left the front unzipped as I handed him the file.

"Lena, what did I do?" Alec asked. He caught my arm keeping me from leaving the room.

"You didn't do anything," I assured him. "Everything is fine."

"I don't think it is," He muttered. "Everything in my world is suddenly turning around. Everything I thought I knew I don't. Nothing is what I thought it was and I don't know what to do or how to fix it." I took a deep breath finally meeting his eyes.

"Just trust yourself, Alec. You always make the right call even if it's a hard one. Everything else is changing, but just keep your footing and the rest will come with. You seem to be getting along fine with Lydia which is good for your family." I gave him a tight smile. 

His mouth was open slightly as he still tried to catch his breath. He brought his hand to my cheek. The thin glove touched my skin as he leaned forward kissing me. I wanted to pull away, but I couldn't. I'm an addict. This catches me fast and hard. It takes a lot of willpower to back away. I was already using so much.

"Will you come to my room later?" He asked his forehead resting against mine. I ran my thumb along his bottom lip as he smiled. "Please Linny." He begged. 

His words made my heart break. I gave him a soft smile and nodded. My eyes were burning, but I wouldn't cry. Not in front of him. Not again. He pulled me closer kissing me once more. A cough from the door broke us apart.

"I need to speak with Lena," Maryse smiled. Her eyes did not move to me.

"Why?" Alec asked.

"It's just about a few precautions," Maryse smiled at me. I didn't look up at Alec as I walked away. The moment his hand left me, my jaw clenched. This was breaking me. "What did I say?"

"I was giving him the preliminary report," I said.

"I can tell you care for him," She sighed. "I care for him too. I love my son so much. I want to see him succeed and get everything he wants from life."

"And he can't get that if he's with me," I whispered. A tear fell down my cheek.

"Exactly, I don't mean to be harsh, but I will. Alec is going to be married to a high-ranking Shadow Hunter. That's what his life should be," She told me giving me a tight smile.

"I understand," I said. It hurt to admit. The words were bitter and made my stomach turn.

"I'm glad you do." She walked away from me. I wiped the tear from my face going to my room. 

The minute I leave the institute I'm seen as a threat. I would have no one with me. Alone. Again. I grabbed my bag before I could think about it again and walked through the institute. They all didn't bother looking at me. No one stopped to say anything. Lydia wasn't anywhere.

"Lena?" Isabelle muttered as I touched the front door. "Where are you going?" I shook my head as another tear fell from my cheek. "Lena—." 

I walked out leaving everything behind. No one came after me. I thought about going to Magnus's, but if I had the urge to break down I wasn't going to go there. He's already dealt with enough of my shit. I moved closer to a place with water so I couldn't be tracked.

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

57.5K 1.6K 33
Asher Montgomery is the daughter of two legacies. Lilith Penrose, her mother, could conjure up the most powerful runes with her skillful calligraphy...
138K 2.6K 29
"Nephilims" That's what they're called, beings that protect the mundane world from demons, beings that are half-angel and half-human. They only have...
28.7K 433 20
𝐂𝐇𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐀 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐍, the second oldest of the blackthorns one of the most wealthiest shadowhunter family. Her whole life is all p...
427K 9.1K 42
[HIGHEST: #1 in shadowhunters] [HIGHEST: # 1 in jacewayland] [ HIGHEST: #1 in themortalinstruments] [HIGHEST: #1 jaceherondale] [HIGHEST: #1 aleclig...