Our Game

Door kindaAjilime

Trying to break free from the lives they've been forced into, Athena and Marco are two worlds apart but can t... Meer

Author's Note
Characters
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31

13

4 0 0
Door kindaAjilime

TW: mentions of sexual assault

Athena's P.O.V:

I awaken in unfamiliar sheets. Hastily scanning the room, I notice the few rays of sunshine coming through the draped window. Suddenly remembering where I am, I shove the sheets off of me and stand up in an instant. The body length mirror stares back at me and I take in my disorientated appearance. The imposter shirt I'm wearing comes down to my mid thigh and my hair is about to fall out in the pony tail it is in. Groggily, I wipe my face and try to flatten down my hair before leaving the room.

Sitting on the island bench is Marco, holding some sort of disgusting green juice. He mindlessly watches the news of the TV. I walk over to him and lean on the bench, he doesn't bother looking at me.

"You're free to leave, that's if you know where to go" He still doesn't look at me.

I leave and retreat back to the guest room and return with my notepad, " When can we leave"

"As soon as you eat something, I've put Lucia on a homeschooling plan so we don't need to worry about her but once we have breakfast we can go" He switches channels on the TV.

I nod and walk around the kitchen to look for a fridge or something edible but all I see is cabinets.

"Third cabinet to the left" He instructs.

Pulling open the handles I am revealed what must be the fridge. I pull out the full cream milk and some blueberries. Exploring the rest of the cupboards I'm able to find some Lucky Charms which probably belong to Lucia.

"Lucky charms?" He raises a brow, finally turning to me.

I shrug and pour myself some.

----------------------------------------------------------------

The ride back to base was eerily quiet except for Marco's occasional road rage. 

"Where the fuck are you" Mateo says over call.

"Went to visit Lucia, you know how it is" Marco replied nonchalantly as he glides through the streets past cars.

"No, I wouldn't know how it is. Either way you need to get the fuck back here, Stefano has put our team together" 

"Fuck, has he said why?"

"I don't know but we're aboslutely done for if he knows about what we've found" 

"Aight, we'll be there in 15"

"We?"

Marco hangs up the call, "Let's see if we can make it 10" He says more to himself than anyone else.

We arrived back at base at exactly 7:52 am, the guards didn't need to do a security check when Marco drove in but when they saw me they hauled me off of the bike. Shoving me up against the wall, they forced my hands up and behind my head. 

"ID" The guard yelled, shoving his gun in my face. Scrunching my face up in a wince I try to remain as calm as I can by remaining still.

"Don't make me remind you again" This time he upper cuts me into my side. I bend over slightly but he shoves my face harder into the wall.

I open my mouth to speak but the sound of a fist colliding with a jaw makes me turn suddenly as I see Marco standing next to the guard who's resting on the floor, heaving heavily as he holds his jaw.

"Don't let it fucking happen again" Marco scowls.

I look at him with wide eyes and I can feel bruises developing on my body but I'm more focused on why he would do that.

"For one of our 'greatest asassins'  you really aren't the best at self defence." He licks his lips, turns around and climbs onto the bike.

I shake my head and climb onto the back, wrapping my arms around him I try to calm down my breathing as he rides up the drive way and down into the garage.

Cass and Diego meet us in the garage, Marco gets off the bike first and walks off with Diego, their conversation making a low hum as they bend their heads towards each other as they converse.

"The hell have you been?" Cass raises and drops an arm.

I bite a lip and wrap my arms around my waist.

Cass sighs, "He told me about the necklace" She holds eye contact with me.

I look down and nod slowly.

"Ray is one of the best, he'll figure it out for you" She tries to offer comfort, "Let's go, Stefano has a meeting organised for us and I'm a tad nervous not gonna lie"

We take the elevator to another level I've never been on before but the whole time I think about what Cass said. If she knows, who else knows?

"Did you guys have sex?" Cass asks with an emotionless tone.

With a mortified expression I turn to her, she only smirks and continues looking at the elevator doors.

"I'll take that as a no" She turns to me, "Whatever you do, try to stay as far away from him as you can, it's not worth it" She licks her lips.

I raise a brow and turn my head slightly, confusion all over my face.

"Oh," she laughs, "I didn't date him, God no. Tess and I just knew someone who did and long story short Stefano got in the way" She steps out of the elevator.

I give a short nod and follow her out.

"Good, you're all here" Stefano says as we sit down at the rectangular table. I look around, Stefano is at the head, Marco and Mateo opposite each other at the top, Diego and Alexander opposite each other, Tess are and Cass opposite each other and so is Ray and I.

Ray gives me a quick sympathetic smile, it's the first time I've seen him show any other emotion than stress but I don't think much of it and look back to Stefano.

"I take it that you all have no idea why I brought you here today?" He looks around the table, "The Spanish, that's why. You're mission is to storm their main base." He slides 8 files into the middle of the table, "There's statistics for all of you in there, and you're assigned task"

Grabbing a file I scan quickly what's happening.

Marco D'Angelo: Mission coordinator.....determines the plan

Mateo D'Angelo: Brute.....target as many officials as possible

Diego Russo: Hitman.....elimiate Felix Garcia

Alexander Romero: Con artist.....raid weapons

Athena Brown: Asassin.....eliminate Carlos Ortiz 

Cassandra Bianchi: Con artist.....raid weapons

Tess Bianchi:Medic on standby and driver

Ray Ricci: Hacker, comms and cameras

"Wait, hitman? Am I being paid?" Diego asks Stefano and I'm suprised by how casual he is.

"Of course you're being paid, at least most of you are" Stefano lands his gaze on me, "I just need Garcia out of the way and you're the best for the role" Stefano turns his attention back to Diego.

"How are we supposed the raid the weapons? That's so vague" Cass asks

"I'm not the coordinator, just the mastermind" Stefano gives a disgusting smile.

"Do we even have any information about the area? I mean these files are practically just job descriptions" Ray asks.

"You are the hacker, aren't you? It's your job to do find these things" Stefano shrugs.

"In a month? How can I gain that much information in just a month, things this complicated need time!"

Stefano bangs down his fist on the table, "Do not challenge my authority! You're just going to have to work harder" 

Ray glares hard and scoffs but Marco sends him a warning look.

"Well then, get to work. I know you won't betray or fail me" Stefano gives another sickly smile.

Everyone gets up to leave and I do to but am interupted by Stefano's voice, "You stay" He looks at me.

I remain in my chair and watch as everyone exits the room, Tess send me a sad smile and I furrow my brows slightly.

"You were with my son last night, where did you go?" His tone changes and I suck in a breathe.

"It's off, you can speak" He says softly.

I look at him with untrusting eyes.

"Speak!" He demands.

"Wha-" My entire body jolts and I feel throat feels like it was set afire with petroleum.

He laughs, "Did I say off? I mean up, I changed the voltage"

A tear slides down my face as I try to recover.

"No, no, no, don't cry" He coos and gets up from his chair.

Walking over to me, he leans over from behind me and wipes the tear from my face. I stiffen up and my heart starts to beat extremely fast.

"I tend to have that effect on girls like you" He whispers into my ear.

I purse my lips but he kisses me on the neck before then moving around and sliding his hand onto my thigh and moving it up slowly.

Like all those times before in the past I close my eyes and try to dissacociate as best as I can.

He moves his hands and smiles "Don't worry, precious girlie"

"Kiss me" He demands

My stomach drops and the pain in my throat is replaced by the urge to vomit. I open my eyes and watch as he looks at me with all of the faces of the men before.

I lean into kiss him on his cheek and he begs me to do it over and over again. Water fills my eyes the more I do it but then he suddenly grabs me and pulls me into him. I struggle against his grip and my vision is blurry as I fade in and out of consciousness.

The doors bang open and someone runs in and starts yelling. Stefano pushes me hard into the desk and I fall to the floor. The two men yell and I curl up into a ball, the pain of the impact crushing me.

Stefano hits the man but despite his size, is thrown into the wall, blood trickling down from his nose.

The man picks me up and I hazily try to recognise who it is. Diego looks at me and I can tell he's trying to talk to me.

I see him curse under his breathe and he scoops me up and starts running out of the room.

"Dieg-" I say but am shocked  by electricity again and begin to cry all over again.

"I know, I know" He says, "Marco told us, try to stay as quite as you can, please" The fear in his eyes is evident.

"Tess sent me, she saw how he was looking at you and didn't want what had happened to her, happen to you" 

I sniffle and close my eyes once more. 

Darkness, my old time friend, greets me as it always does.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

174K 2.9K 55
"Take one more step and I won't hesitate to shoot you" I say, still aiming the gun at him "Then shoot, I dare you" he says taking a step closer to m...
2.4M 41K 23
"Darkness can't drive out darkness, only light can do that." ............................. He was invisible, ambitious, a cold-hearted murderer who w...
519K 8.6K 57
BOOK ONE : Desires Series In public I'm his queen,his dearest wife;in bed I'm his most obedient slut;the one he pleasures every night and in the morn...