Paint it Black- 𝕳𝖔𝖚𝖘𝖊 𝖔...

By _theoneswholive_

"Blood is and shall ever be blood." Before Old Valyria, before Velaryons and Targaryens there were the Morri... More

Cast
VALERE AND HOUSE MORRIGAN
THE DRAGONS IN THE VALEREVERSE
THE DRAGONS PT 2
RAVENNA MORRIGAN
PROLOGUE
2] Cregan Stark
3] Betrothals
4] Friendships
5] The Tourney
6] The Funeral
7] Heir for a Day
8] Lies and Declerations
9] Altara
10] Black Magic
11] Weddings and Vows
12] Queen in the North
13] New King is Born
14] Funeral For A King

1] Visits

1K 31 6
By _theoneswholive_

House Targaryen was the strongest house in Westeros. The Iron Throne's inheritance belonged to them, and only them. 

Or so everyone thought.

House Morrigan came long before House Targaryen. One of the Dragonlord families, whilst the Targaryen's fought amongst themselves the Morrigan's stood strong. Resisting conquest. 

Jericho Morrigan, the ancestor of the Morrigans during the conquest never quite forgave Aegon and his sister-wives for attempting to conquer his country. He believed that Targaryen's were allowed Westeros because at that time he simply didn't want it. 

Because had he of wanted Westeros he could have taken it. But he didn't. He allowed Aegon to sit the throne, and he allowed his descendants to as well. Whilst Jericho's descendants thrived in Valere. 

The bond between the Targaryen's and the Morrigan's never quite healed. Not until a marriage pact between the Princess Haelys Targaryen and the future king of Valere, Prince Alastair Morrigan. 

In the year 94 AC the first two children of the Raven and the Dragon were born. Ravenna and Raziel Morrigan. Twins, bound together as one since the moment they took their first breath.

The people of Kings Landing looked up when roars shook their streets. five dragons were flying over them. The Morrigans had come for a visit. 

Rhaegon, the grey and red steed of Prince Raziel Morrigan. Maegon, the silver steed of Princess Ravenna Morrigan, Aarion the steed of King Alastair Morrigan. 

Serax, the pure silver steed of Princess Haelys Targaryen, the Queen who should've been and finally Volares the steed of Prince Lysander

The dragons of the Morrigans were sizably larger than the Targaryen's. The people of Valere didn't believe in locking their dragons up in pits. Their riders allowed them to live outside, flying wherever they wanted, they caused chaos. But the people of Valere didn't mind, they were used to it.

The Morrigan children were wild children, had been from the moment they were born. The twins were born in one of the worst storms Westeros had ever seen. And since then Ravenna and Raziel Targaryen had taken to their reputation as children of the storm well.

Lysander took after his older siblings incredibly well, he wasn't called the Beast of Valere for no reason. 

Ravenna didn't know what her father would do when they landed outside the Dragon Pit, she didn't know if he would send the dragons in to the pit or let them fly. The latter wouldn't make the King very happy. 

But that just made the only Morrigan daughter think that her father would do it anyway. He loved showing the Targaryen's just how different they were. 

Both families were Valyrian, that much was true. The Targaryen's had their white hair. Whilst the Morrigan's had black hair with white strips, both with the purple eyes. Just to prove that they were Valere. 

After all how could people from Valere. Say they weren't Valyrian? They couldn't.

The old country had to get its name from somewhere

Each dragon hovered over the pit before flapping their great wings lowering themselves to the ground, in seconds dragon keepers were surrounding them with their poles. Raziel dismounted first, keeping his hand on his dragons nose as he walked around, grabbing Ravenna by the waist as she slid down from Maegon. 

Ravenna was the first and only rider of Maegon, the she-dragons egg hatched in her crib. The companionship with her dragon was something that Ravenna, Raziel and Lysander cherished, unlike other dragon riders in Valyrian history.

Maegon was special, she had jet blue eyes and she was the one dragon in current history who's fire was cobalt blue. Ravenna assumed the gods meant something by it, but at that moment in time she didn't know what. 

What she didn't know was when she walked into the Red Keep she would very quickly find that out. 

"You guys took your time." 

Ravenna glanced over her shoulder and saw Ser Robb, he was the right hand man of the Morrigan family. Robb had left a week or two ahead of them to make sure that the King was aware that they were coming, even though they probably would have turned up anyway. 

"Did you miss us, Robb?" Lysander asked, waggling his eyebrows 

Smiling at the ground before looking up, "It has been...a bit of a slow time without you here, I will admit. I can't say any more or I will get beheaded...or burnt alive, I don't fancy either."  

Ravenna chuckled, wherever Ravenna went in Kings Landing you would be sure that Ser Robb Lance would be right behind her. Even though she did try and push his boundaries.

The black haired, purple eyed twins looked over to their father who was standing with their mother. Just by the look on his face, Ravenna could tell that he was debating what to do. He didn't like dragons being locked in cages. 

"Bet you he lets them go." Lysander whispered 

Ravenna pushed his chest, "Not much of a bet if I'm your side is it now?" 

"Sōvētēs!" 

"There it is!" Raziel laughed as the Dragon Trainers jumped back to avoid being crushed by the dragons. No doubt their riders would have to find them eventually, but for now they could have their freedom, roaming around wherever they pleased.

Ravenna looked at her mother and saw the small smile on her face at disobeying her brother. She was becoming more Raven than she was Dragon. Viserys would want the dragons in the pit, but sometimes siblings disagree. 

"Come sister," Raziel spoke up holding out his arm for Ravenna, "Shall we." 

Taking Raziel's arm and then using her spare to take Lysander's, she knew that he sometimes felt outside the Twins' bubble. She didn't want him to feel like that. 

The trio walked towards the carriage. The Red Keep was a large complex. It was said that Aegon the Conqueror built his castle of red rock to remind people of the fire he roasted his enemies in.

A footman opened the door to the carriage allowing Haelys and Alastair to climb in first with their children quickly behind them.

Just as the door was about to shut Alastair stopped it and pushed it back open, "Come along, Robb. You don't need to ride up to the Keep. Your bones are getting old enough." 

Robb slightly smiled and shook his head as he walked towards the carriage and climbed in, "One of these days. You're going to get my head on a spike." 

"I wouldn't let that happen." Alastair joked as the door shut and the carriage started to be pulled towards the Red Keep. 

King Alastair was a kind man to anyone who knew him. But to people he didn't Alastair was just a stern man, someone not to be trifled with. 

The whole Morrigan family were. The rumours about blood magic ran their way through Court the second they were spotted. Ravenna liked the rumours, she liked people being apprehensive. Sometimes it was good to have a wall, even if not all of that wall was a lie. 

 "How is the Queen? I hear she is ready for her baby." Haelys asked 

Robb nodded, "She is. Dozens of attending ladies. The palace is swarming with them...the King will want you to recall your dragons."

"The King can wait." Alastair said, "They're not going to burn down Kings Landing."

"Not yet anyway."

Raziel raised an eyebrow at the Knight, "What do you mean?"

"Dragons may be a power man should not have trifled with, is all I mean. When Dragons flew to war everything burnt." Robb explained

The Valyrians had power that no one else in the world had. But if that power was ever used against each other, for the wrong reasons then Robb was right, everything would burn. Dragons were not tamed, they were simply lightly controlled.

If a dragon snapped there was no telling what it would do. 

But the same could be said with the Morrigan's themselves. They had a power no one else in the world had. Now, if that was used against each other. Then that could destroy the very foundations of Westeros itself. 

Thank you for reading 

Comment and Vote :) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134K 4K 28
"I think you are the real warrior here, my Lady" Daemon stroked her cheek with his free hand and her swollen lip with his thumb. The invitation to th...
275K 8.7K 59
"Why you must make me bleed my love" said Daemon "For it bring me nothing but joy" Replied Aelana * * * * When Aegon I conquered the Westeros with hi...
196K 10.3K 92
"You will always fall in love and it will always be like having your throat cut, just that fast." 🐉 Daemon had a choice to make. He chose wrong. Da...
5.7K 190 8
"We'll be a fine line. We'll be alright." 👑 In 81 AC, the prince, Baelon and his sister-wife, Alyssa, welcomed twins into the world, Daemon and Daen...