The Guardian (Kamen Rider Ex...

By mirajanewolf46

Ophelia Selene Barron is the descendant of Alita and her former vessel. She and her friends stop Miku from ta... More

Character Profiles
Prologue
Chapter 1 Crash! All Gathered
Chapter 2 Engrave the Beat in the Heart!
Chapter 3 The Deep Secret of Some Lie
Chapter 4 Men, Fly High!
New Characters
Chapter 5 Knock the Dragon Away
𝙽𝚎𝚠𝚜
Chapter 6 The Disharmonious Doctors!
Chapter 7 Elena Grace Briar
Chapter 8 Who's The Black Kamen Rider?
Chapter 9 Ophelia's Birthday
Chapter 10 The Targeted Snowy Xmas!
Chapter 11 A Fixed Destiny
Chapter 12 We're Kamen Riders and Silver Knight!
Chapter 13 A New Challenger Appears and Dark Moon!
Chapter 14 Defeat M's Paradox
Chapter 15 The Unusual Burgster?
Chapter 16 The Revealed Truth
Chapter 17 Suddenly in a Fantasy!?
Chapter 18 Take Off into a Headwind
Chapter 19 Parallel Worlds
Chapter 20 Pursue the Mystery!
Chapter 21 The Conspired History
Chapter 23 Embrace Your Ambitions and Go Together!
Chapter 24 A New Game Begins!
Chapter 25 Players Who Bet Their Lives
Chapter 26 Love & Peace to the Victor!
Chapter 27 Overcoming Identity
Chapter 28 We're Me!?
Chapter 29 Strongest Vs Strongest
Chapter 30 The Forbidden Continue!?
Chapter 31 Judgment is Passed
Chapter 32 Company Reorganization!
Chapter 33 The Rebirth!
Chapter 34 Save My Partner
Chapter 35 The Completely Invincible Gamer and Rebirth Knight!

Chapter 22 The Max Dead or Alive!

17 0 0
By mirajanewolf46

Their two Knights are down and unable to stay on the field. Not only did Ophelia get sick because Kuroto injected her with a virus, but Zilar got poisoned because the final attack filled with darkness and death harmed him. Both of them are out of commission at the moment and Luna created an antidote to cure Zilar's poison. It all thanks to Ophelia implanted the medical knowledge on her.

Kyoutarou called all the CR members for an emergency meeting. "If you do not stop Dan Kuroto within the next couple of days... you doctors will be expelled from CR, and stripped of your ability to become Kamen Riders. Barron Ophelia Selene, Luna, Argent Zilar and Amou Kanade will be in jail and revoked their jobs." He warned them.

Kanade is leaning on the wall with her arms crossed and a blank look. Poppy and Haima looked shocked at the warning if they failed to apprehend Kuroto. The red-haired masked her anger and clenched her hand tight. "There are three reasons. As a result of disregarding instructions from the Ministry of Health, Dan Kuroto escaped and is occupying the GENM building." Kyoutarou explained. "An important Gamer Driver was destroyed." Emu looked at his driver sadly. "Also an involvement of defeating the Bugsters when it's not your problem." Kanade looked away while Emu looked at her worriedly. "I cannot stand up for you any longer. Please understand." Kyoutarou did his best to defend their actions but he's outnumbered them.

"I'm... sorry... Kyoutarou-sensei." Emu apologized for failing to capture Kuroto and fell for his plan. His actions put Ophelia and Zilar in danger and they got hurt by Kuroto.

"What's their condition?" Kyoutarou accepted his apology and asked about their well-being.

"Luna-san created an antidote to cure Zilar-san because Genm's attack poisoned him due to his dark powers and still unconscious at the moment." The genius gamer explained about their conditions. "Fee-chan— I mean, Ophelia-chan's temperature is on and off but no sign of Game Syndrome at the moment."

"I see..." He nodded his head with a grim. "I'll update her parents about it." Kyoutarou ended the call.

"To fight Genm, we need the power of the new Gashat." Taiga suggested it because the silver Gashat wasn't working on him when he tried to use it.

"What's that Gashat?" Poppy asked and couldn't believe what she was seeing.

"It contains the data for a system the coroner left behind." Hiiro answered while glancing at the window to observe Ophelia with a worried look.

"Eh!? Kiriya-san!?" Emu yelled in shock and couldn't believe Kiriya left them something before he died.

"He thought from a pathological standpoint, that reprogramming... would be effective against the Bugster virus." He explained.

"Reprogramming!" Poppy exclaimed happily before tilting her head. "What's that?" She asked curiously.

"That means to rewrite the gene of the Bugsters!" Emu commented while looking at him.

"But it's pointless. It didn't activate when Taiga used it." Nico pointed out.

Kana pushes herself forward while facing them. "I highly doubt Ophelia would work with that Gashat— if she hadn't got stabbed by Kuroto or had Game Driver with her."

"It's a miracle she didn't have Game Syndrome. Why?" Taiga asked curiously.

She hummed and glanced at Hiiro discreetly before looking at Taiga. "Maybe it has something to do with her ability. It acts like self-dense to eliminate the virus but gives her flu." Kanade explained.

"Fee-chan and Zilar-san..." Emu muttered their name worriedly. The red-haired woman approached him and patted his shoulder. "Kanade-san." He noticed her eyes filled with worry yet assurance.

"I've known them for a long time and they can get through this." Kanade assured him with a gentle smile. "I know we're down to four now, we can get through this and stop Kuroto."

"Kanade is right." They turned around to see Luna in her human version. "They're strong and master wanted everyone to stop him at all costs."

"How's her condition, Lu-chan?" Poppy asked worriedly.

"Her temperature keeps changing and I'm still monitoring her vitals." Luna answered with a soft smile. "Zilar is fine but he needs time to recover after that attack contains poison."

"How come Zilar got poison of it?" Emu asked curiously. He remembered Kuroto used his final attack on them and caused Zilar unconscious.

"I don't know how he got it." She pondered at the moment and tried to think about it. Luna couldn't answer the question. "My apologies, I'm not an expert on an immortal being like Zilar. Master, on the other hand, because she was chosen as the descendant of Alita-sama, Ophelia-sama has goddess blood running through her veins. She's immune but when Kuroto injected her with that— it didn't work and caused her to ill."

The game scope blared for another Bugster pop out of nowhere. "An emergency call." Emu announced and Kanade pursed her lips.

"At a time like this?" The red-haired woman clicks her tongue in annoyance.

Hiiro observed his game scope closely. "I will remain behind and examine the new Gashat. At the same time, I'll assist Luna's help when she needs me to check on them." The genius surgeon suggested and wanted to fix the problem of the new Gashat while helping Luna at the same time. He stood up and approached Taiga. "Let's exchange Gashats, an unlicensed doctor." Raising his hands to let Taiga return the new Gashat in exchange for the Level 50 Gashat.

Taiga looked at the silver Gashat before passing it to Hiiro. "There's no point in just hoping, though." He warned him.

"There is." They turned around to face the newcomer, one of Ophelia's friends, Ena Sakura. "I'll help you out to fix the new Gashat."

"Sakura? How did you get in here?" Kanade asked in surprise. She didn't expect the brunette to come unexpectedly.

Sakura smirked slightly and showed them her right gloves. "I hacked using one of my technologies." She answered while amused to see their bewildered look apart from Kanade.

"You can't just hack our system just like that!" Poppy scolded Sakura. It reminded her how Kiriya managed to infiltrate their building. "How did you find us? How did you know Kanade-chan!?" She was surprised they knew each other.

Hiiro recognized the woman from Kiriya's computer. "You're coroner's fiancée and Ophelia's friend."

"Ena Sakura." Sakura introduced herself to everyone. "I'll explain my story later. Right now, Genm is hurting innocent people and they need your help." She reminded them.

Kanade nodded her head in agreement. "She's right, we have no time to lose!" She ran off towards the exit while Emu, Taiga and Nico followed her behind.

Hiiro looked at the brunette. "Did you know about this?" He asked and wouldn't be surprised if Kiriya mentioned everything to her.

"All of it including Ophelia's past." Sakura answered and her eyes turned gold serpentine at the moment before reverting. "Right now, we have a short limit of time, and let's get started."

————————————————————

"Stop it!" Emu yelled and stopped Kuroto from swaying his arms for his victory glory. Kuroto bends his back and faces them.

"Gross!" Nico cringed in disgust at the way he bent his body.

"Houjou Emu." Kuroto called his name. "You sure have guts to come here without a Game Driver or have Knights with you."

"I do have a Driver." Emu answered while holding it in his hand. "A memento from Kiriya-san. Fee-chan and Zilar-san trust us to defeat you without them." He can't reveal their condition as he fears Kuroto could haunt and kill them.

Kuroto hums in a bored tone. "I see. You have that?" He asked.

"It's time to fulfill my promise to Kiriya-san!" Emu declared as he placed it on his waist.

————————————————————

"How did Kiriya intend to implement the reprogramming system, I wonder?" Poppy asked curiously.

"Due to Ophelia's abilities." Sakura answered while searching one of Kiriya's files to find a clue on how to activate the new Gashat with Hiiro. "Before Bugsters existed, Ophelia had the healing abilities to cure any ailments such as Cancer and fix any fractured parts of our bodies. It gives Kiriya the idea to create a reprogramming DNA to rewrite its DNA and back to its original state without relying on her powers. In case Kuroto could encounter Ophelia's abilities— he did prevent her from healing any people with Game Syndrome. However, he didn't know there was a backup plan for it." She smirked and immediately encrypted the file. "That new Gashat isn't compatible with you or Taiga because—" Sakura showed it to Hiiro. "Emu can activate it and create his own Gashat to stop Kuroto."

"This is—" Hiiro looked surprised at what he was reading right now.

————————————————————

Kanade and Taiga are struggling to defeat the Bugsters no matter how much they've taken the damage. "His minions are immortal, too!?" He grunted and Kanade helped her by shoving the Bugsters away from him.

"We need big guns to defeat them for good like Ophelia." Kanade muttered while swinging her spears to throw some of the Bugsters.

"Can you also transform something else like her?" Taiga suggests and shoots the Bugsters behind Kanade.

"I would if someone knew the relic!" Kanade yelled out in anger while throwing the spear with all her might.

𝘚𝘈𝘎𝘐𝘛𝘛𝘈𝘙𝘐𝘜𝘚∞𝘈𝘙𝘙𝘖𝘞

"If they're immortal, then they'll never stop coming!" Nico yelled out worriedly to see them struggling. 'What else can we do? I hope he figure out the new Gashat fasts or we'll be in trouble!' She thought worriedly.

"Intern!" Someone called Double Emu. Double Emu sees the silver Gashat is throwing in their direction. The blue Emu caught it and looked at Hiiro in his Brave Rider form and Asuna. "You use that!"

"Eh? Me?" The blue Emu asked in surprise while examining the Gashat.

"Yet another Gashat without the gamemaster's approval!" Kuroto growled in anger while looking at the silver Gashat.

Hiiro readied his sword and charged to fight against Hiiro. "You created Mighty Brothers XX before!" The genius surgeon reminded him while Kuroto grabbed his sword to shove him away. He slashed him before facing Kuroto. "The reason you managed to do it is within you!" Kuroto grabs his elbow to shove him.

"Within me?" The blue Emu muttered.

"You probably recalled it from somewhere!" Hiiro slashed Kuroto.

"Really?" The orange Emu asked and couldn't recall how he'd created Mighty Brothers XX Gashat.

The blue Emu gasped in shock. "That's right! I loved thinking up new games when I was a kid and Fee-chan contributed some parts despite her not being a gamer. It resembles an idea at that time! A two-man team made up of an orange and a green hero!" He remembered his past.

"I knew it... you should be able to use that Gashat." Hiiro whispered.

"Believe in yourself, Emu!" Kanade slashed Kuroto with her spear before kicking him back.

Double Emu nodded their heads and merged as one. "Gacchaan! Gachaan! Level up! Gashuun!" Emu took off his Mighty Brothers XX Gashat and replaced the silver Gashat. "Gashatto! Gacchaan! Gacchaan! Gacchaan!" The silver Gashat isn't working with Emu like Taiga did before.

"Activate!" Emu yelled and tried it again.

"Gacchaan!"

"Come on, activate!" He pleads and the result is still the same. The genius gamer started to glitch and revert to normal.

"Gacchaan!"

"Emu!" Kanade cried out his name worriedly to see him in pain.

Kuroto groaned and was pleased it didn't work out while Hiiro and Kanade looked surprised. Taiga growled in annoyance. "Brave. You and that woman miscalculated, didn't you?" He asked the genius surgeon.

"No. There's no miscalculation here." Kanade answered before Hiiro could retort back.

"The idol is right." Hiiro nodded his head in thanks for backing him. "The coroner kept on investigating your mystery." He explained everything that Kiriya investigated for the past few months to stop the virus from spreading. "To eradicate the Busgters without relying on Ophelia... he was looking for the world's first Bugster virus!"

"Bingo!" Kanade looked up to hear Parado's voice from the roof. "That's why he killed Lazer." Parado pointed out the reason for Kiriya's death.

The red-haired woman narrowed her eyes but ignored him for now. "The virus in your body is the source of all Bugsters and Gashats! Ophelia did cure you but did the opposite, it gives you the ability to rewrite the DNA. You should have the power to create Gashats!"

Kanade approached Emu and raised her hands to offer. "Hiiro is right. A quote says, 'With great power, there must also come great responsibility'. You have to believe in yourself just like how everyone... including me— believes in you. Let go of your doubts and fear."

"Kanade-san..." Emu whispered and nodded his head with a determined look. Some people believe and have always been there for him. He accepts the offer from her hand and she pulls him up.

Kanade moves back away from Emu to give him space to transform using the new Gashat. The red-haired woman blinks her eyes in shock to see a familiar woman behind Emu. "Ophelia!?" She couldn't help but yell in shock to see her standing.

"You..." Kuroto growled to see the former goddess again.

"You're supposed to be resting, Ophelia!" Hiiro scolded his girlfriend for acting recklessly again.

Emu turned around to face her and noticed her cheeks were flushed. "You're not supposed to be here!" He couldn't believe his childhood friend was acting recklessly, especially her health condition.

"With this condition? No." Ophelia answered bluntly after arguing with Luna about staying on the bed. She trusts them but hearing the problem of the new Gashat, Ophelia needs to help them. "I'm not going to battle but to assist you with something." She wouldn't forget Sakura's words.

'𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙸 𝚖𝚎𝚝 𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚑 𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚒𝚗 𝚙𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎, 𝙾𝚙𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚊. 𝙸 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙸 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚗𝚍 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚝𝚘.' It echoes Ophelia's mind but needs to focus on their problem.

"How?" He asked her.

Ophelia placed her hands on his shoulder and poured some powers through his body. "I've done my part and it's your turn to finish what we've started." She turned her head and coughed.

"He has no such power!" Kuroto yelled before Emu could try it again while approaching them. Hiiro and Kanade attack in sync to stop him from intervening with them but Kuroto slams them away. "There's no way he would! You're not going to create another miracle!"

Ophelia tries to transform into Moon Knight but ends up coughing more. Her whole body is aching and can't think straight. 'Not now...' She thought worriedly.

Hiiro knew Ophelia had no condition to fight and rushed to activate one Drago Knight Hunter Z Gashat. "Drago Knight Hunter Z!" He pulls Kuroto away from them.

Ophelia noticed Emu's hesitation. "Emu..." She whispered while Asuna pulled her away to avoid getting involved. "Asuna?"

"Like you said, we should have faith in him." Asuna whispered and took off her yellow coat then placed it around Ophelia's shoulder. "You need this more than I do, Ophie-chan."

"I will destroy that unauthorized Gashat!" Kuroto declared.

Kanade leaps up into the air and delivers a powerful downward thrust with her spear to attack Kuroto.

𝘎𝘙𝘈𝘝𝘐𝘛𝘠∞𝘗𝘈𝘐𝘕

"Shut your goddamn mouth, Kuroto!" The red-haired woman yelled in annoyance.

"Emu!" Hiiro called Emu's name and struggled to get up. "Emu, your fate can lead to more than this! The coroner believed in you... Ophelia and Kanade believe in you... and entrusted everything to you!"

"Hiiro is right." Ophelia spoke up and Emu looked at her. "You have these abilities for a reason. I know it's scary because believe me— I've been there and I learn something. I have family and friends to support me through my whole experience. You're not alone, Emu."

Emu's eyes turned into determination and faced Kuroto who was laughing at their despair state. "Kiriya-san left his hopes with me. Fee-chan always supports me and stands by my side." He whispered while the former goddess smiled softly. "I won't let them go to waste!" His eyes flashed red making Kuroto freeze in his tracks while everyone looked shocked. "I will change my own fate!"

"His aura change..." Ophelia muttered and stared at him in surprise.

Emu's whole body is covered in pink aura and it's beginning to shrink to reveal a mini Mighty X doll on top of the silver Gashat. They're pleased to see it worked except Kuroto stood there in shock.

"No way!" He whispered in shock to see he could create his own Gashat without his help.

The Gashat pops out from the Driver and Emu catches it. It revealed the name of the Gashat, Maximum Mighty X.

"Hojou Emu!" Kuroto yelled in anger. "I will defeat you first and your Fairy next!"

Emu glares at him. "I won't let you harm my sister." His red eyes revert to normal and activate the Gashat.

"Maximum Mighty X!"

Emu smirked. "Henshin!"

"Maximum Gashatto! Gacchaan! Level Max! The most powerful body, dariragan dagozuban! The most powerful body, Maximum Power X!"

"I'm at maximum level. Level 99!" Emu declared.

"He did it..." Ophelia whispered and her legs gave in but Asuna caught her.

"Level 99... that's the strongest you can get!" Nico yelled out in surprise.

"Stage select!" Emu chooses an avenue to ensure the civilians are safe.

He chooses the warehouse avenue. Kuroto looks unimpressed by his new transformation. "You'll never beat us no matter what level you are, for we're immortal! Not even your Fairy can defeat us!" He summons all the Bugsters and merges as one to create a giant Bugster.

It runs toward Emu and is about to punch him, Emu punches back into its fists causing it to shatter as it revives back. It tried whacking Emu but it didn't work and Emu punched its face to send it flying. It headed toward Kuroto and crashed to cause a huge explosion. They revive back to their health.

"Genm." Emu called him while holding his breaker. "I'll beat your game!" He activated his final attack.

"Zu-kyu-kyu-kyuun!"

The Bugster and Kuroto are running towards Emu to stop him using the final attack move. Emu placed his Gashat to his breaker. "Maximum Gashatto! Finisher! Maximum Mighty Critical Finish!" He points his breaker and it beams towards them.

The giant Bugster reverts to its original state. Kuroto looked surprised at the new power. "What's... this power!?" The former CEO yelled in shock while grunting in pain. He heard a beep sound and noticed his health gauge was back.

"I've reprogrammed your immortality thanks to Ophelia for adding her healing abilities within me." Emu explained after seeing her pouring powers for him to activate Level 99 Gashat.

Taiga joined in to see the results of Kuroto is no longer immortal. "What a surprise." He commented and activated his final attack.

"Gacchaan! Finisher! Gacchaan!" Taiga locked on his target. "Bang Bang Critical Fire!" He pulls the trigger to hit his target with Bugsters.

Kuroto rolled all over the ground and grunted in pain. "That's... impossible!" He bangs his driver and stands up. The former CEO didn't see Emu running towards him to receive a punch and crashed on the wall.

Kuroto groaned in pain and noticed his health gauge was getting low. Taiga saw it as well and huffed in satisfaction. "Looks like the battle is over." The unlicensed doctor commented.

Emu approached Kuroto slowly while seeing him struggle to get up. The genius gamer silently pulls his driver back. "Gacchaan!" He took the Gashat out. "Gashuun!" He reverts to normal making everyone look surprised.

They're back in the real world. "Let's end this." Emu breaks the silence.

Taiga reverts to normal and pulls Emu's shoulder angrily. "What are you doing!?" He asked angrily not ending Kuroto's life. "If you don't kill him, you guys will lose your status as Kamen Riders! Will you accept the fact the Knights and Symphogear will be in prison forever!?"

"I'm a doctor before I'm a Kamen Rider!" Emu yelled back. "Fee-chan was also a nurse before she was Moon Knight!" He faced Kuroto. "I can't take your life, Fee-chan would say the same thing and Zilar-san won't do it either."

Kuroto yells in pain and reverts to normal. "Gashuun!" They noticed his clothes were tattered and his face covered in bruises.

"Please take responsibility for all the people you killed... harming Fee-chan and Zilar-san's life." He informed Kuroto. "...and atone for your sins."

"Emu..." Ophelia whispered weakly leaning on Asuna for support.

"You are the sinners! I'm God!" Kuroto yelled while looking at them. "My talents must be used!" He stood up while shaking in pain. "Getting in the way of that is what a sin is!" Kuroto used his device to fire Emu and Taiga but someone stood in front and created a force field.

It's a woman with amethyst eyes with oval-shaped pupils backed by a shape resembling her stiletto, and waist-length purple hair that turns silver-purple at the ends. Her hair is tied into waist-length twin-tails, topped by small odango-style buns resembling horns. There is also a small braid running along the side of her bangs.

She wears a pale lavender top with a high violet collar and ruffled dark blue skirt, layered under a deep violet overcoat, engraved with xiangyun and peacock motifs. The opening of her overcoat is marked by a golden ornament, with white flowers and purple and gold-accented feathers attached. The pattern of the feathers resembles the ones on the dangling backs of her detached long sleeves. In addition, she wears a golden hairpin, a pair of drop earrings, a tasseled choker, and dark gloves with lavender trim.

"That was close and he escaped..." The woman commented and turned around to face them. "Are you guys hurt?" She asked them worriedly.

"No— wait you look familiar." Emu squints his eyes and tries to think of someone he knows.

"That's Luna in her combat mode." Ophelia answered and they looked shocked at Luna's new appearance. "I'm surprised you used it."

"You locked me, master!" Luna retorted back in a stern tone. She remembered her struggles to set herself free from the birdcage. "I specifically told you to stay but refused to listen! You sealed my transportation and hacking so I have no choice but to use combat mode." It took her a while to find their location.

Taiga ignored their bickering and gripped Emu's collar. "What was that doctor or nurse's nonsense about!? That was our chance to crush him!" He yelled lecturing him in a cold tone.

Hiiro stands up and sides with Emu for not ending someone's life. "As doctors and nurses... our job is not to take lives." He reminded him.

"What!?" Nico asked while surprised at their reasons. "Can't you understand that there will be more victims if he remains undefeated?" She approached them.

"Would you handle to take someone's life and his blood taints in your hand?" Ophelia asked in a stern tone. "Would you carry that conscious with you? If it means to stop spreading the Game Syndrome and harm innocent people?" Nico flinched at her lecture and looked away.

Taiga glanced at them coldly before looking at Emu. "That man's life, or a great number of lives... which will you choose?" He asked coldly.

"There's no prioritizing when it comes to lives." Emu answered in a calm tone.

"You've grown well, Emu..." Ophelia whispered before collapsing on Asuna's arm.

"Ah, Ophie-chan!" Asuna yelled and managed to hold her up. "She needs to go back to CR now! Her body is warm again!"

"I'll do it." Luna offered and approached them. "You guys need to focus on finding Kuroto. I'll inject her anesthesia if she tries to escape again." She carried Ophelia in bridal style.

Kanade nodded her head in appreciation. "Thank you, Luna. Was Sakura with you when she escaped?" She asked curiously.

"No." Luna shook her head. "She left after explaining to Ophelia-sama about Gashat's situation. The weird thing is what she told her." She explained while the others looked intrigued.

"What does she say?" Hiiro asked.

"They met each other when Ophelia-sama was Briar Elena Grace and shared some memories. Sakura knew her pasts and pretended not to." Luna answered before she shook her head. "We can think about it later, right now find him."

————————————————————

Kanade managed to find Kuroto first and didn't hesitate to kick the Bugsters before they could harm civilians. The red-haired woman clicks her tongue in annoyance while glaring at the former CEO. "You're completely fucking crazy, Dan Kuroto! Cease this at once!" She yelled.

They decided to split up and find Kuroto's location because he would likely show up in front of the crowded area. The red-haired woman thought of the plaza area and she found him first before the others.

She glanced back to see Taiga and Nico joining in. "What a pathetic game addict." The unlicensed doctor commented while holding his Gashat. "I'll personally get rid of you." He declared.

"Planning to commit another sin?" Kuroto asked coldly before activating his Gashat.

"Dangerous Zombie!"

"Henshin!"

"Gashatto! Buggle up! Dangerous Zombie!"

"He's not alone!" Kana retorted back while glaring at him. "His perspective is different from mine but I won't let you harm anyone." She grips her necklace. "𝘊𝘳𝘰𝘪𝘵𝘻𝘢𝘭 𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘻𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘎𝘶𝘯𝘨𝘯𝘪𝘳 𝘻𝘪𝘻𝘻𝘭~" Kanade sings and transform into Symphogear.

"Tactics Level 50." Taiga declared and activated his Gashat.

"Bang Bang Simulations!"

"Henshin."

"I'm ready. Dual Gashat! Gacchaan! Dual up! Bang Bang Simulations! Take off!" Taiga begins to shoot at them.

Kanade used her arm gear to summon the spear and slice her opponents. Asuna and Hiiro showed up to see them fighting Kuroto and his Bugsters.

"Skill level 5!" Hiiro declared and activated his Gashats. "Henshin!"

"Drago Knight Hunter Z!"

"Stop it!" Hiiro shoved Taiga's gun away to stop shooting.

"What are you doing!?" Taiga asked in an annoyed tone for intervening in his plans.

"We just need to take his Gashat, not his life too!" Hiiro answered and shoved him.

"How naive!" Taiga yelled. "Red is intending to take his life too!"

"Your perspective is different from mine!" Kanade yelled back after hearing their conversation. "I'm not going to take someone's life!"

"You lowly players!" Kuroto growled in annoyance before activating his final attack.

"Gashatto! Finisher!"

"Don't you defy me!" He yelled.

"DoReMiFa Critical Finish!"

"Not on on my watch!" Kanade launches multiple shockwaves from her spear followed by a flaming thrust.

𝘚𝘛𝘈𝘙𝘓𝘐𝘎𝘏𝘛∞𝘚𝘓𝘈𝘚𝘏

It successfully canceled Kuroto's attack thanks to Kanade's quick thinking to stop hurting them.

"You're an eyesore!" Kuroto throws the Gashat and uses another one.

"Gashatto! Finisher! Jet Critical Finish!"

Kanade used another move again and tried to stop Kuroto's attack. She's nearly slipping away while Hiiro and Taiga help her as it causes an explosion. It pushed everyone away.

"Just a little more. Just a little more, and my dream will be..." Kuroto whispered and grunted. He gasps to see Emu walking closer to him.

Taiga and Hiiro looked surprised to see him while Kanade narrowed her eyes worriedly. "Emu..." She whispered and used her spear as a support to lean.

"Houjou Emu!" Kuroto yelled at Emu's name in anger.

"Genm." Emu called Kuroto Rider's name while holding his Level 99 Gashat and activated it.

"Maximum Mighty X!"

"I will..." He crosses his arms. "...change your fate." Emu declared. "Max Dai Henshin!" Placing the Gashat in his Driver.

"Maximum Gashatto! Gacchaan! Level Max! The most powerful body, dariragan dagozuban! The most powerful body, Maximum Power X!"

Emu chooses an avenue to fight without harming any civilians. "Stage select!" It picks under construction building site.

"Immortality isn't the only power a zombie has!" Kuroto pointed out and used his abilities to summon his three clones.

Kanade jumped in and sliced the clones with her spears. "Emu, deal with the original and I can fight against the clones!" She suggested and the genius gamer nodded his head at the plan.

"Thank you, Kanade-san." He thanked her before running off to fight against Kuroto.

"Oi, Red! Stop trying to be a hero just like Fairy." Kanade heard familiar snarky remarks while she smirked in amusement.

"Why? Are you jealous for not showing off your Level 50?" She teased and threw two clones at them. "We can have one each then!"

Taiga clicks his tongue in annoyance while pulling the trigger to start shooting at the clone. "You wish."

"Kanade can you handle the clone in your condition?" Hiiro asked curiously while dodging the clone's attack.

"I may not have an upgrade like you guys but... I'll fight till the very end!" Kanade's eyes blaze in determination and she uses one of her offensive attacks.

𝘉𝘈𝘔𝘉𝘖𝘖∞𝘕𝘌𝘉𝘜𝘓𝘈

She spins her Armed Gear above her head before piercing the ground with it. The bamboo comes out of the ground below the clone and pierces him before landing in front of him. It performs a single crash and cuts the bamboo as well as the clone.

Not only did Kanade perform a special attack, but the three doctors activated their final attacks and hit their respective targets. The four of them landed a hit and caused the clones and Kuroto to explode.

"Gachaan! Gashuun!" Emu reverts himself and everyone is back from the reality world.

Hiiro, Taiga and Kuroto revert to normal while Kanade is still in her Symphogear. The 3 doctors and the red-haired woman looked at Kuroto's defeated look.

Kuroto looked at them in hatred despite he's covered serious injuries from their battle. "Not yet!" He declared weakly and tried to activate his Gashat but no longer working on him. The former CEO panicked and tried to activate his Gashat but the results were still the same. "Why isn't anything happening!?"

"I reprogrammed the Bugster virus antibodies within you." Emu explained. "Since you're no longer a compatible user... you can't transform anymore." Kuroto couldn't believe what he was hearing while the others were surprised at what Emu could do. "You weren't a bad person in the beginning. You were a game creator who truly loved games. I... want to retrieve your smile, Kuroto-san."

"Emu..." Kanade whispered while looking at the genius gamer. No matter what Kuroto had committed, Emu always showed mercy to his enemies.

"Don't be so boring..." Parado showed up out of nowhere. "...M."

"Parado!" Asuna cried out his name in surprise.

Parado swings Kuroto's arm over his shoulder and pulls him up. "The game can't end like this." He pointed out before punching Kuroto's stomach. They looked shocked at his actions as Parado took the Bugster driver on Kuroto's waist.

"What the hell..." Kanade whispered in shock.

"Losers deserve an ending befitting a loser." The male Bugster commented while showing them the Dangerous Zombie Gashat. He plugged it into the driver and activated it.

"Gashatto!" He points it to Kuroto while he's crying out in pain surrounded by black smoke with purple lightning.

"Stop it!" Emu yelled as they were trying to save Kuroto but Parado swung the driver to hit them.

Kanade moves in front of them and spins her spear to protect them from an unknown attack. She gritted her teeth at the strong power which caused her to move back. "It's...too...strong!" She yelled out in pain while the armor of her arms was shattered along with the spear. "Damn it!" The red-haired woman moves back seeing the smoke can't reach them now.

"No!" Kuroto yelled in horror while crawling away from it. He's beginning to glitch in front of their eyes. "I don't want to die! I don't want to—"

"This is too much." Kanade shook her head in disbelief as the smoke disappeared along with Parado.

"Kuroto-san." Emu whispered his name worriedly watching him squirm in pain and some of his body was disappearing.

Kuroto glared at them coldly. "I'm God!" He stands up weakly. "My dreams... are immortal." He declared his final moments and completely vanished right in front of them.

"Game over!"

Kanade approached Emu slowly and faced him. She silently hugged Emu for comfort and recognized the look in his eyes watching people die in front of you. The red-haired woman had seen worse and experienced a lot of pain before she met her friends.

"Kanade-san... I—" Emu whispered weakly hugging the red-haired woman.

"I know. We did our best, let's stay like this. For a while..." She whispered before looking over Emu's shoulder to ask the others to give them privacy silently. They nodded their head and gave them time.

Kanade feels the wetness of her shoulder from Emu's tears. The red-haired woman rubbed his back in circles. "Let it all out. I'm here and not going anywhere, Emu."

————————————————————

"Now that Kuroto is gone, it's just only the beginning." Ophelia spoke up after hearing the report from Kanade.

The red-haired woman nodded her head with a grim look. "We don't know what Parado is plotting considering he has the Bugster driver along with the Gashat." She pointed out.

"I know what Dan did is unforgivable but— he doesn't deserve it." She whispered and clutched her necklace. "How's Emu?"

"Mentally? He blames himself for his death and wants to be alone for a minute." Kanade answered while worried about Emu's well-being.

"Give him time to mourn, Kanade. You did your best to comfort him when I wasn't there for him." She feels guilty for pushing herself to pour some of her powers into the new Gashat for Emu.

"How are you feeling, Lena-chan?" Kanade changed the subject. "I've heard Luna gave you a long lecture and apologize for scolding you." She could imagine Luna in her original android-size scolding Ophelia for disobeying her orders.

Ophelia laughs nervously. "Ahaha... my fever is gone and Hiiro said I'll stay one more night before they discharge me." She answered. "How's Zilar?"

"I'm here." They turned around to see the door open and revealed Zilar. "I can heal faster than humans and I'm clear to leave." Zilar answered.

"Sometimes I forgot you're an alien, Zilar." Kanade laughs sheepishly. "Are you ready to go home?"

Zilar nodded his head silently. "I heard everything and don't push yourself too hard."

"I won't, Zilar-niisan." Ophelia assured him with a soft smile.

Zilar smiles softly and squeezes her hand. "Take care of yourself and I'll visit you sometimes." He released her hand and left.

Kanade shook her head in amusement. "He's softie like a teddy bear only for you, Lena-chan." She teased the former goddess.

"He knows that not humans are all evil." Ophelia pointed out. "You should go before Zilar leaves you."

"Yeah, wish you feel better, Ophelia! Call or text if you need anything." Kanade patted her head before running off to chase Zilar.

Ophelia smiles softly as the door closes and thinks in deep thoughts. 'What is your plan, Parado? Why did you take the Bugster driver and Gashat? Are you intending to finish the Kamen Rider Chronicle from what Kuroto has started? Why did he include us when we're not Kamen Riders?' She couldn't help but feel uneasy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 117 9
An empty room, nothing but darkness from all directions. In the middle of the room, standing on a wooden podium, shows an open book as someone reads...
210K 5.2K 32
⚠️ TRIGGER WARNINGS!! ⚠️ This story does contain cutting scenes, blood, depressive thoughts and episodes Please proceed with caution and the thought...
9.3K 228 42
This book contains various anime oneshot that would surely make your heart flutter. So please enjoy reading. 💓💓💓
14.5K 282 67
Hey there! Do you know what kind of life these awesome Captains have outside from their own sports? They're the best person to lead their teams so l...