The Best Of Us. (Ellie X Male...

By JasonCheng1223

Ellie Williams X Male reader. After the event of Salt Lake City, Ellie begins doubting Joel's promise. Until... More

Before Jackson
Reunion
Arriving Jackson.
Jackson Community.
Ellie Williams.
You And Me.
His Past.
Let It Out.
Confession.
Dragged.
No Wrong. Just Needs.
Berserk.
A Chance.
First Snow.
Not An Update.
Condition.
Debt.
The Calm.
Storm Is Coming.
Vengeance.
Mercy.
Who's Going?
Journey.
Not an but a FUCKING RANT‼️
Seattle Day 1.
Seattle Day 1(Part Two).
Seattle Day 1(Part Three).
Seattle Day 1(Part Four).
Seattle Day 1(End)
Seattle Day 2.
Seattle Day 2(Two).
Seattle Day 2(Three).
Seattle Day 2(Four).
Seattle Day 2(Five).
Seattle Day 2(End).
Seattle Day 3.
Seattle Day 3(Two).
Seattle Day 3(Three).
Seattle Day 3(Four).
Seattle Day 3(Five).
Seattle Day 3(Six).
Seattle Night 3(One).
Seattle Night 3(Two).

It Begins.

2.3K 104 18
By JasonCheng1223

'Fuck...'

That's the first word that popped up inside Ellie's head the moment Joel came in.

"Didn't mean to interrupt..."

"You're not."

A quiet moment for everyone.

"I'm here to talk to Ana and you actually."

Now that's confusing. Joel went over to the couch with Ana, while (Y/N) locked in his vision at Ellie. Her expression pretty much revealed her uncomfortable mind.

"What do you want to talk about Joel?" The little blonde asked the old man beside her.

"Has Ace informed you of his impending patrol within the next few days?"

Ellie doesn't look at them, but she is interested in finding out what the girl has to say.

"Really? Why?"

Ana turned towards (Y/N) who just shrugged.

"There's a lot of infected sighting in one of the places not too far from here. And he wanted to go clear them, alone."

Joel awaits Ana's answer. The moment of truth.

"Well. Knock yourself out I guess."

Ellie turned, her wide eyes looking at the girl who's giggling after the answer. Even Joel is dumbfounded by her antics.

"No. Kiddo, it's not like that. He's going on a very dangerous mission."

Joel tried his best to talk some sense into the girl.

"It's just some infected. Ace won't lose." The girl replied casually.

"Not some. The numbers are, unpredictable. Could be hundred."

"What's wrong with hundred?"

"He could fucking die out there!"

The unexpected of all. Ellie shouted at Ana, causing her eyes to tear up. Her expression changed from normal happy to hurt and sad.

Joel put his hands on her shoulders on each side, trying to comfort her.

"Watch you mouth." The warning came from the boy of the subject.

"I can't... You're..." Ellie turned, facing her childhood friend once again.

"Leaving tomorrow morning. End of story." (Y/N) finished her sentence for her.

Now things just took a very unexpected turn for Ellie.

Why did she felt that way? Jackson has lost significant amount of people because of patrols. Let it be infected or hunters or raiders, they've dealt with a lot. Lost a lot.

The person in front isn't anyone that people are fond of yet. One unknown kid dies wouldn't make any difference right? So why does Ellie wants to interfere?

Because he's a childhood friend? That's a long time ago.

Because he knew something about her the others don't? So what?

Did she care about him? Hardly. So why? Was it guilt? Maybe.

~~

Things were not that enjoyable for Joel and Ellie after that. Joel didn't even try to talk him out of it.

He took it upon himself that he will look after Ana and Jason after (Y/N) leaves.

Ellie left his place with a bitter taste in her mouth.

She shook her head after meeting Jesse by the road, indicating that she failed her mission.

~~

Tomorrow. Jackson Community's front gate.

The guards, Maria, and all the patrol men and women are there to see the boy off. Not that he needs any.

Ana and Jason are there too. Not that Jason knows anything, he's just there yawning within Joel's embrace.

"All set?" Maria asks (Y/N) who's making sure everything is in place.

"Pretty much."

*Whistle~

Maria motion for one of the man, who brings a horse towards them.

"No need."

Another rejection from the boy.

"You're trying to get yourself kill. Is that it?"

"No. You guys need it more than me."

(Y/N) turned towards Ana, giving her a thumbs up in which she she returns hers.

The rest, confused by their interactions. As if she knows that he's gonna win.

He turned, putting in his mask and walked out the giant gate.

With sometimes, his figure gotten smaller as the distance he walked became longer until he entered the forest.

"Ready to go back kiddo?" Joel asks the little girl beside him.

She shook her head, which kinda surprised him. Lifting her head, she met Joel's gaze.

"I want to see the girl."

Joel furrowed his eyebrows, not sure if it's a great idea. Last time Ellie shouted at her, she winced in pain.

"Are you sure?"

She nodded her head, not looking away from him. The girl spent some times with (Y/N), of course his stubbornness is gonna rubbed off her.

But who is he to stop her. So Joel honored her request and brought her to the place of Ellie.

*Thud. *Thud.

The door opened, and they were greeted by a clumsy looking Ellie.

Her hair is down, wearing simple a t-shirt and jean. Flabbergasted, she looked at the individuals in front silently.

Looking at Ana, then Joel, she tilted her head in confusion.

"She uh...wants to see you." Joel spoke.

"Hi..." Ana greets her shyly.

"Hey...this is awkward..." She muttered the last part before allowing them in.

She never thought after all this time, that Joel would be stepping inside her place again.

"So, what do you wanna talk about Ana?"

"About Ace. How did you know his name?" Now Ellie's even confused, and so does Joel.

(Y/N) mentioned that Ana knows his real name, but she still called him Ace all the time.

"How come you don't know it then? I remember you asked me who after I spoke of the name."

"Ace made me swear to never reveal his name to anyone. Said it's dangerous if people were to find out who he is."

Made sense. The boy always stayed on the edge, never letting his guard down even in Jackson.

"Oh... I can understand that..." Ellie went over and sit down on her bed.

"It's a long story actually. But we knew each other before we got separated." She continues.

"How you're not worry about him going out there to fight the infected?"

"Because it's only the infected. Humans are ten times more dangerous than them. Ace said so himself." Ana replies.

"Well he ain't wrong." Joel chimes in.

His response was met by Ellie's short glance before she returns her attention to Ana.

"Still, the infected are the reason why the whole apocalypse started. If (Y/N) got bit out there, it's over for him. Don't you care about him?"

Ana couldn't find the words answer her. Of course she cares. (Y/N) has been there for them since their parents failed to return from scavenging.

The little girl was left speechless after that.

Even during the way home, she was dead silent all the time. Ellie's word seems to put some doubt within her trust in (Y/N)'s capability to survive by himself.

Joel tried to distract her from those things occupying her mind to no avail. All he can do is keep his eyes on her.

~~

Outside Jackson Community, close to Alpine Valley's outpost.

(Y/N) reached his destination. Making his way in, he signed up as per Maria's request to keep them update.

Going outside the balcony, it was already dark. Took him hours to reach there because he rejected n the horse.

It's gonna be a burden anyway.

Taking out his rifle, scouting the area with the scopes. He makes out a lot of infected within the area.

"Seven clickers, eleven runners. Could be more behind the trees."

He wrote down on the book, and make his way out.

Putting on his vendetta mask, one hand grips tightly on his razor blade, the others a bat.

(Found this image on the internet. The artist is one phenomenal visionary.)

Taking in a deep breath, readyimg himself for what's to come next.

One clicker was doing it's usual routine, clicking, walking until a sudden jab to the back of it's neck killed it.

"One down."

(Y/N) continue his assaults on the enemies one by one, going full stealth mode.

'Riley is very cool. She beat up those guards then run away like it was nothing.' A series of montage, flashing through as (Y/N) continue his killings. The first one was when Ellie told him about her first meeting with Riley.

*Snikt!!

A slash to the throat of one runner.

'Boston isn't safe anymore. We're going to Salt Lake City.' This one is when he reunited with Marlene after the Boston bombing.

*THUD!!!

One heavy swing to a runner, immobilized it immediately.

'You're not my father.' This time, it was him. Standing in front of a particular someone, with a girl who has dirty blonde hair, by his side. The scenario occurred days before his Fireflies massacre years ago.

Some infected took noticed of his action.

*Rrraaagggghhhh!!!

*Clickkkk!!!

Two runners, followed by two clickers rushed at him as (Y/N) started assuming his fighting stance.

'Please, I have kid...'

A man in his forties, begging for him to spare his life after (Y/N) annihilated all his crew members.

It goes on and on until all the enemies are killed. Or so he thought.

A sudden attack from his side caught him by surprise.

"Fuck!!"

He fumbled to the ground, dropping the bat in hand as he's trying to fight off his attacker.

He choked it by the neck, followed by a stab to the head, killing it instantly.

Standing up while trying to catch his breath, he looked down on it. It was a clicker. But he never noticed it's presence.

A short snap of branches caught his attention. Looking into sowm distance, he saw not one, but a few.

They resembled clickers, but they're, cautious? Hiding behind trees, no one makes a move just yet, only keeping their distance.

'That was new.'

(Y/N) picked up his bat from the ground, walking towards them.

"You can hide. But you won't survive."

_________________________________________________________

Part 11 is here. Phew.... Took me a long while but, we're getting close to the part two in the story. Hope you guys enjoy and leave a comment. Peace. ✌

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 28 36
Michael Smith was a young boy who faced many challenges to survive in this hell hole. He was raised by a group who lived in the woods to stay away fr...
89.6K 3K 26
Alrighty, let's get this show on the road. I don't claim any rights to The Last of Us, or The Last of Us Part 2. The character of Y/N is owned by me...
34K 1K 87
MATURE READ: We loved each other with fragments of ourselves that were dead - Nikita Gill Love. Such a poignant emotion. Such a terrifying feeling to...
25K 434 17
This story is fanfiction to the game The Last Of Us (big surprise). Even if you don't know the game, I'm sure you'll be perfectly fine if you read th...