Lost Daddy (English version)

De hannanatasha

"Don't be so arrogant, you're new!" Emma, Chloe, and Victor confronted their junior who was known to be arro... Mai multe

part 1
part 2
part 3
part 4
part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13

Part 14

0 0 0
De hannanatasha

Alloys saw a very familiar man enter his shop. It had been a long time since he saw Victor come here. Alloys was worried that they were no longer friends. It was sad to see Aulia again alone without any friends like before. He wanted to contact Victor but he knew it was their private matter.

              Alloys' right hand adjusted the position of his glasses.

              "Victors?" asked Alloys.

              "Yes, I am. Could I meet Aulia now?"

              Alloys smiled and opened the door into the house. Victor walked in with Alloys. Alloys took Victor to the front of Aulia's room. He wanted Victor to call Aulia himself.

              A knock on the door was heard. She stopped the song Dearly Beloved by Kyle Landry. Aulia just said, "Who?"

              Victor was happy to hear Aulia's voice again.

              "It's me.. Victor." Victor answered.

              The voice that had not been heard for a long time finally returned to her life. Aulia wanted to open the door but remembering that Victor at that time wanted to intervene in her problem with Edgar, her intention to open the door dropped drastically. She didn't want to see Victor's face.

              Victor realized that the door didn't open quickly. Is he still angry about my carelessness at that time? The feeling of frustration became very deep. He no longer knew how to fix all of this.

              "Sorry if at that time I was disappointed and hurt you deeply. I know I was wrong, Yes, I'm wrong. Is there anything that I need to do?" Victor apologized with all his deepest heart. He hadn't seen Aulia for a long time. He misses her very deeply. He realized that he really loved this mysterious girl. However, something stupid has ruined this relationship.

              "I'm going home. I hope you are okay now." Victor's voice could be heard slightly from the stairs. Alloys was also disappointed to hear their conversation. Alloys had been standing under the stairs to see their condition. It turns out everything didn't go well. Victor came down and saw Alloys sitting on the stairs. Alloys stood up and smiled. He walked Victor back to the front door of the shop.

                                                                                         ***

              I hate him. That sentence was spoken in Aulia's heart. She still couldn't forgive Victor's mistake at that time. But that hatred actually pierced her heart even deeper. Covering up all the feelings she really felt during their closeness. Everything becomes meaningless just because of this wound.

              Unfortunately, all those beautiful memories have not faded from his memory. She admitted that Victor had never given up on being able to cross the border that Aulia had defended for years. She purposely built a large border on everyone to avoid any more pain like what Edgar had done to her.

              Why can't I forget?

              Why does it keep haunting me?

              Why does it hurt?

              Why do I miss him who has disappointed me?

              All these questions he could no longer understand. Where did he get the answers to all that confusion? Aulia no longer knows what to do.

              A knock sounded again.

              "Aulia... can we talk?" A deep voice sounded. Alloys wanted to invite him to talk.

              Aulia thought for a moment before opening the door. She finally wanted to hear first what topics would be discussed at this time. She stood up from a lying position and opened the door. Aulia's left hand was still gripping the door handle. She didn't want to step out of his room.

              Alloys asked him to talk about Victor. He wanted to know what problems they were experiencing. Aulia only answered briefly. "Nothing."

              This answer was in accordance with Alloys' predictions. He sighed.

              "Victor seems like a good guy... really cares and looks out for you. I think you will get an older brother figure and also a father figure from him. I don't know what happened between you, but you also have to know, no one is perfect. I hope you guys can make up again. He seems to really care about you without you realizing it."

              Aulia just kept quiet and closed the door to her room again. Not a word was spoken. Secretly, all these words were going through her mind over and over again.

                                                                                         ***

              Victor was back in his room. He put his jacket in the dirty clothes basket and sat back down at the table. He still feels deep regret. Aulia still doesn't want to meet him.

              He took out his cell phone and his finger pressed the password on the cell phone screen. Various applications were visible, but Victor's attention was diverted to the email symbol that was visible to the right of the clock numbers. He hurried to open the email. An email from the university he was targeting was visible.

              He read sentence by sentence slowly. The long-awaited news was finally heard. He was ACCEPTED at the University of Strasbourg. The schedule will be sent in February next year closer to the start of the program.

              He immediately called his parents and gave them the news about being accepted at their target university. Victor's parents were amazed by this happy news. They all really supported Victor to continue his studies there.

              After calling about this, Victor hung up the phone and opened WhatsApp. A message from Aulia is visible. The message he had been waiting for a long time but made him even more confused about this decision. He felt increasingly guilty about this choice.

              [I forgive you.]

              The opportunity to approach her again shone but that hope was thwarted by the announcement from the university. Victor is increasingly confused by all this. Should he continue this approach with Aulia?

                                                                                         ***

              A cold wind blew. People are trying to avoid outdoor activities because of the cold air at this time. Two people are sitting in a cafe which has a classic design. Everything that decorates the room has the same color, namely white. Aulia sat opposite Victor near the window. Their jackets wrap around the backs of their chairs. Clothes made of woolen thread with long sleeves are the clothes they wear most often this season. Just different colors. Currently, Victor is wearing black clothes while Aulia is pale pink.

              "How are you today?" Victor asked.

              Victor wasn't very enthusiastic about this meeting. Tensed to talk to Aulia about the university he would go to after this. Aulia felt that Victor was not very enthusiastic. She felt guilty because of her ego.

              "Good." Short. Back to the way they first met."

              "Hmm..." Victor thought about what else to say.

              Aulia continued to look at the cup of hot coffee in her hand.

              "Um..." their voices sounded at the same time. They looked at each other and became awkward.

              "You go first," said Victor.

              Aulia thought again about what sentence she should say first. She looked at the window for a few seconds then looked back at Victor's face.

              "I'm sorry." Aulia's head looked down. Her face was covered by her wavy hair.

              Victor was stunned by this. The first time he saw Aulia apologize like this. All this time, he thought Aulia was very strict and would never apologize under any circumstances. That assumption turned out to be wrong.

              "For what?" asked Victor. He didn't understand the meaning of this apology.

              "I was wrong to link you to my problem with Edgar. Maybe at that time you called Edgar because he wanted to tell you something, not because you wanted to interfere in our business."

              A sweet smile appeared on Victor's lips. He was relieved that Aulia was willing to forgive him. He also wanted to admit that at that time he came to Edgar because he wanted to know whether he was Aulia's father who he had heard about from Nolan. But he wouldn't follow his curiosity anymore.

              "I'm sorry too. You're not wrong if you think I'm the one who found out. I've been curious about your father for a long time. Maybe since Nolan told me a little about how you two met when you were little. I know I was wrong. I shouldn't have found out like that. From now on, I won't look for any more information. I'll wait for you to tell the story. However, I also won't force you to tell me when I'm curious. If you want to tell a story, tell it! If you don't want to, don't force yourself to tell the story!" Long, gentle words came out of Victor's mouth.

              Feeling a little annoyed with that fact came back again. It turns out Victor had wanted to know all this for a long time. The difference is that he apologized and wouldn't pry again. Aulia thought about Victor's promise. Should I believe this promise?

              Remembering Victor's efforts to approach her all this time made Aulia think about this decision. Maybe it's not wrong to start believing in him.

              Aulia's lips opened. The sentence she wanted to say was still stuck in his throat. Aulia drank the coffee and turned her attention back to the restaurant opposite which she could see through the window.

              A long sigh came from Aulia's mouth. She also paid attention to Victor again. Victor was drinking the coffee.

              "Victor." Even though Victor had often met Aulia, it was very rare for him to hear Aulia mention his name.

              "I will learn to trust you. So, could you listen to me about this story now?"

              Aulia's words shocked Victor. Aulia starting to open up? Seriously? Victor still couldn't believe all this.

              The story begin.

              "My mother left suddenly. At that time I still needed time to accept it. But the problem becomes increasingly complex. I heard the sound of footsteps coming from the entrance. I came out of the room and saw Edgar wearing his shoes. I saw there was a suitcase next to him and a backpack on his back. I asked him where he was going but there was no response. That night I still couldn't sleep. I wanted to sleep near Daddy but his room was empty. Almost all the items are gone. Only Mommy's belongings remain. I'm afraid to be alone at home in the middle of the night. I called Grandpa and Grandma. They immediately came and picked me up to live with them. Grandpa tried to look for Daddy while grandma accompanied me at his house. It turns out that Daddy lives in a family villa that hasn't been used for a long time. He got drunk with alcoholic drinks while listening to rock music.

              Grandpa and grandma invited me to stay with them until Daddy calmed down and came back. All my things were moved to their house. Some of their neighbors also helped lift my things. They are both very friendly and have many acquaintances." Aulia exhaled. Take a short pause before continuing the story. Victor also remained silent. Waiting for the continuation.

              "Grandpa explained to me that Daddy needed time to accept his wife's departure. But Grandma made me even more disappointed. She once said that I should try to get good grades at school. Apart from the future, surely when Daddy finds out about the results, he will be proud of me. I tried hard to get first place in the class. When I succeeded, I invited Grandpa and Grandma to accompany me to Daddy's place. I want to show him the results. But they were too busy because the shop was very busy and the shop opening hours so they extended it too. They don't dare to force themselves to go out at night because their physical abilities are starting to become limited. They have to allocate time for rest too. Finally, the next morning I decided to go there alone. Yes, the distance between Colmar and Eguisheim isn't far, but maybe I'm still too young to go by public transport out of town on my own. But my decision to go there was strong. Moreover, because I still remember the public transportation route to get there, I went alone.

              When I arrived, I called Daddy and knocked on the door. But there was no response. I thought he wasn't there. But I just remembered that I haven't eaten yet. My pocket money has also been used up for transportation costs. I didn't think much about eating here and the transportation costs back to Grandpa's house. When I woke up, I was in the hospital. I saw Daddy standing not far away but he didn't say hello or come near me.

              Since that incident, I have no intention of going to school, let alone coming to the villa to meet Daddy. Since then, I prefer to call him 'Edgar' rather than 'Daddy'. He's not my daddy anymore."

              Victor just remained silent. He had heard some parts of the story from Nolan. However, the problem that occurred was much more painful than he had expected. You are really strong through it all. If I did it, I wouldn't be able to. Victor muttered to himself in his heart.

              Aulia's eyes filled with tears. She lowered her head again, looking at her jeans. Drop by drop wetting her pants. She couldn't bear to feel all the pain she was holding in anymore. Victor got up from his chair. He walked closer to Aulia. A little hesitant to do it but he dared himself. His two arms hugged Aulia from the side and leaned Aulia's head on his body.

              The atmosphere is really sad. The story that Victor had been looking for for a long time, he heard it himself from someone who experienced it. People only judge Aulia from the outside without knowing this burden. If they understood this condition, they would not judge Aulia like that anymore. But let them judge us as they like. Only me, Aulia, and God know the details of this incident.

              They spent quite a long time crying together. Victor's eyes had also been teary since earlier. He tried to hold it in.

              You are a strong child. Keep being a strong girl. Also stay open with me. I will keep your secret alone. From the depths of my heart, I love you....

                                                                                         ***

              The atmosphere yesterday afternoon was not very suitable for discussing this matter. Victor still has one burden to convey this news. He doesn't know if this is good or bad news for them. Victor became confused again. He also didn't want to leave Aulia without a trace. His heart already loved him very much. He didn't want to see Aulia sad again.

              He wanted to go to the music room where Aulia usually stopped. He hurriedly stood up from his sitting position and walked out of the classroom. In the middle of break time, the hallway in front of Victor's class became crowded with many students. Suddenly someone tapped Victor's shoulder.

              "Victor, do you want to come see the junior basketball game?" invite a friend.

              Seeing juniors playing basketball made him remember his past. Early on, he also joined the basketball club. Do I need to come see them today? Victor started to feel confused about this choice.

              The sound of the piano playing came back. The song Sunset Bird by Yiruma plays quietly. Even though there were several parts that had to be repeated, Aulia's hands did not get bored playing them. Piano has been her friend since childhood. The sound of the piano has many memories for her. Joy and sorrow. Everything is conveyed through this song.

              Until finally the song was finished playing. Aulia's attention returned to the window. Aulia noticed the window facing the wall of the next building. She heard the cheers of many people from the building next door. A sign that there will be a basketball match.

              Aulia stood up. Her feet stepped closer to the window. She opened the window door. A cool breeze blew into the room. The screams of people watching the basketball game enlivened the outdoor atmosphere. They all seemed to really enjoy the activity.

              Yes, this music room only has windows that face the wall of the basketball court building next door. She was never able to enjoy basketball activities since childhood. Sports lessons are just routine. Only music can provide peace and comfort for Aulia since childhood.

              The sound of the bell tinkling. Break time is over. Many people walked out of the field. Aulia doesn't want to go back to class yet. She wanted to come a little late because she had no interest whatsoever in studying at the moment. Her eyes continued to look at the people who were walking out of the field.

              Someone's face looked familiar. Just yesterday she met and told him, it turns out that today he saw a basketball game. He usually comes here... A little disappointment crossed her heart at this time.

                                                                                         ***

              [Do you want to have dinner with me tonight?]

              An invitation to dinner was seen on WhatsApp. A boy Aulia wanted to meet suddenly asked her to go out to dinner together. Just yesterday they met at the cafe, and now he invited her to dinner. An amused smile appeared on Aulia's lips. The color of his face turned red.

              Ah... what is this... Aulia was amused herself by her unusual feelings. She rushed down to the first floor to say goodbye to Aloys and Carole.

              "Grandpa, tonight I will be having dinner with Victor," said Aulia. She rushed back into her room.

              Aloys and Carole were stunned. Their attention was no longer focused on the bottle they were cleaning. What amazed them was not their dinner but Aulia saying goodbye. So far, Aulia has never said goodbye to them, but she has just kept herself alone in her room.

              Aloys and Carole looked at each other in surprise.

              "Who are you having dinner with?" Carole asked, wanting to be sure.

              Aloys moved his shoulders. Signaling that he didn't understand either. The bottle was placed on the table and Aloys went up to the second floor.

              "Aulia." Aloys shouted in front of Aulia's bedroom door.

              "Yes?" Aulia opened the door.

              "Are you going to have dinner with Victor later?"

              "Yes, I will," answered Aulia. Redness was still visible on Aulia's cheeks. Aloys held back laughter seeing Aulia's expression. It wasn't a laugh to ridicule, but a laugh of happiness at being able to see his beloved grandson return to the way he was before.

              "Okay. Have a nice time with him. If you need anything, just call me." Aloys' protectiveness became visible now. Aulia is also only now seeing Aloys' protective side.

                                                                                         ***

              The city view at night looks different. Many decorations can be seen on the walls of buildings as well as various displays on the side of the road. Without realizing it, December is starting to approach. The atmosphere looks like a fairy tale. Christmas Day is always never missed with the Christmas market festival. Victor has booked a restaurant since this afternoon. He was afraid that the restaurant would be full because many schools and companies were starting to enjoy the Christmas holidays. Tomorrow is also their last day of school this year.

              The Asian food restaurant in this ancient building has become a popular Asian restaurant there. Victor waited for Aulia in front of the restaurant. He became nervous because he had never spent dinner with Aulia alone like this. Especially in a restaurant.

              The road was starting to be crowded with people. But a girl was seen from a distance. Victor waved his hand high to indicate his presence. Aulia immediately ran to Victor's place.

              "Sorry, you waited a long time, huh?" Aulia asked while regaining her breath.

              "Ah..Don't worry. Come on..." Victor's words were stuck because there was something different about Aulia. Aulia wore a little cushion and eyeshadow on her face and there was a little braid, decorating her head. Aulia is getting dressed up... Victor's thoughts are still distracted by Aulia's appearance.

              "You're gorgeous." A compliment came from Victor's lips. Aulia's face turned red again. There is a feeling of joy but also shyness. He praised her. Thanks Carole.

              The cold air penetrated their bodies. Victor's right hand took Aulia's hand. Aulia became increasingly tense because she was not used to this condition.

              "Come on in!" said Victor.

              They also entered the restaurant. A waiter greeted their arrival.

                                                                           ***

              "Aulia! Do you want to go out with Victor tonight?" asked Carole. Carole immediately went up to the second floor after hearing from Aloys that Victor had invited her.

              "Yes," answered Aulia from inside the room. Her hand immediately pressed the doorknob and opened the door for Carole. Carole also admitted that at this time Aulia had returned to how she was before. So far, when they talk to her, it's always with the door closed. They rarely spoke face to face.

              A sweet smile appeared on Carole's lips. "Do you want Grandma to dress you up or not?" asked Carole in English.

              Aulia smiled and followed Carole downstairs. Aloys and Carole were very happy to see this change. Soon a warmth will be felt in this house again. Carole pulled out a chair that was under her dressing table. She invited Aulia to sit there. Aulia sat down and Carole's hands began to do her makeup.

              After finishing dressing, Carole chose warm clothes in pastel light blue, skinny jeans, and a dark blue jacket. A blue jacket that is knee length and decorated with black feathers from the middle to the bottom.

              "Because it's winter now, it's better for girl your age to wear simple t-shirts with beautiful jackets. Let us know about Victor's response later, okay?"

                                                                           ***

              Present.

              Laughter accompanied the two of them while they spent time. They also finished their food. Victor still wants to talk to Aulia. He invited Aulia to order dessert. Aulia accepted the invitation. There was one dessert he wanted when looking at the menu earlier.

              "Excuse me!" Victor's voice sounded loud. The restaurant waiter came to them.

              "Can we see the dessert menu?"

              The customer responded with a friendly smile. The service at this restaurant is very satisfying to them. Before the waiter left, Aulia had ordered.

              "Can I have Thai mango sticky rice?"

              Victor was amazed by Aulia. Unexpectedly, Aulia had been wanting dessert for a long time. He held back the laugh he wanted to let out. His expression of holding back laughter made Aulia amused and wanted to laugh out loud. The waiter didn't understand and just left them.

              "Why didn't you tell me that you've been wanting dessert? Hahaha..." Victor teased.

              Aulia just laughed. She was embarrassed to admit that she had wanted that food for a long time. Her laughter covered the tension that Aulia had been feeling for a long time.

              "By the way, after eating dessert, I want to tell you something."

              Victor's words made Aulia tense again. What does he want to say? Could it be... Aulia was second-guessing herself. She thought Victor would ask her out after eating that dessert. Little did she expect that Victor would want to say goodbye because he would continue his academic studies in Strasbourg.

                                                                           ***

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

35.1K 665 38
Aurora Lopez had the intentions and goals of starting new, and having a normal life. She was met with difficulties along the way, and one of those di...
23.5K 252 10
Emarlia is a girl that is good sometimes, and bad other times at her school. She ends up meeting somebody that'll change her life forever. The new h...
868 162 17
Sarah, Miss popular with a strong as hell will, is in her final year of highschool and plans to get through it like every other teenager. But that pl...
Chasing Charming ✔️ De Kayla

Ficțiune adolescenți

32.6K 1K 28
Complete! "You know I really like you, right?" He was definitely drunk. "You do?" I asked. My voice was supposed to be teasing, but I think it ca...