Don't Move

By micahbotha

One moment you're free and loving life, not caring to think what you might be doing to hurt someone else or s... More

My Life
The Breaking Point
Beginning of War
Trapped
Alien
Food Hunting
Searching For Safety
Robots and Memories
Lost and Confused
RUN!
Survival
Soldiers and Green Smoke
New Way of Life
Caring Duties
A Cycle
The Mothers and Father
Heidi and Tyler
Politics of the Royal Family
Leto's Return
The Memorial Event
Peace and Sympathy
Growing and Learning
Sector 8
More Opinions and A Strategy
Saving Baruch
A Familiar Face
Back in Time
Dangerous Disasters
Forgiveness and Loneliness

Family Reunion

0 0 0
By micahbotha

I barely sleep a wink the entire night and get up in the middle of the night in order to get some water. I find my water and turn around to find Anax snacking on some weird looking food.

He laughs at my face, "What?" "What is that?" I ask him as I stare at the weird food in disgust. "It looks disgusting but it tastes really good," he says kindly, "just taste it." I look at the gooey, slimey, rainbow-colored and chunky looking dish which causes me to gag, "I don't think I can do it with my eyes open." "Then close your eyes and try it," he says kindly and I do but it really feels weird. I shake my head and then I taste a chocolatey flavor with nuts and mixed with an ingredient I have never tasted.

"So?" he asks and I smile. "That tastes better than it looks," I say seriously, "what is in it?" "Mostly flowers," he says honestly and I nod. "I should head to bed," I say kindly and he nods as I make my way to bed.

The very next day, I head downstairs for breakfast with the rest of the very big family and I sit beside Anax as well as Amoli.

Baby Athena is in my arms because Brody had to go back to the army, so poor Amoli is dealing with everything all by herself and I try to help out still in the family as much as I can.

After she eats, I hand over Athena to her and eat my own food. Then, Emery and Edolie are with the nanny most of the time.

Once the kids leave, all the older kids start getting ready to head to work leaving Tyler, Heidi and I at home with the mothers as well as the littles.

I end up sitting with Heidi and Tyler for lunch as we sit on the floor in the living room, My back is to the chair while everyone else is doing the same.

"I missed you Athena," she says kindly and I hug her. Tyler sighs, "Why are you so okay with everything?" "Because there is nothing we can do and it is better to just deal with it as need be," I say kindly, "I know this is more about Leto than your situation." He nods, "I miss her and I didn't use the opportunities I had to care for her." "Don't....," I start to say, but I am interrupted. "Athena," Anax says abruptly and he doesn't seem happy so I make my way over quickly and his eyes seem very different, "you need to spend more time around the mothers because they will help train you for your future role. I will try to help when I am free, but today is not that day so I asked them to assist you." I nod and then ask, "Is everything okay? You seem upset." He shakes his head, "Just becareful around Tyler. Human children can be given back once a human marries, but under the care of the Kerogen in the relationship and I am afraid of what he might do when that opportunity arises because my sister will take it just to make him happy. Tyler seems more dangerous than they tagged him." I nod, "So? Do you want me to avoid him or something?" He shakes his head, "No, just be very careful because something is off."

He walks away to do whatever he needs to do and I make my way to the mothers as he called them.

I walk in to find the mothers with their kids again.

"Bee," one of the mothers calls out and the nanny comes running in, "take the little ones." She does just that and I catch her orange tag as she takes the children with her.

Eden sighs deeply, "My son has chosen you and he can choose others but has decided not to because of this then you need to be the mother of all. Unlike now, you see, there are five mothers of all and we share these heirs to the throne as well as the responsibilities. Sons are the key to everything. No girl has ever taken the throne because of the complex structural issues." "So, what about Norah?" I ask curiously and Basilah tenses.

"It has been investigated," Eden says before anyone can speak. Basilah sighs, "People cannot keep up with the reality of life. She does not have to have a husband who marries more than one woman. It can be a requirement. She is next in line and so are any children born from her."

"Unless," Eden says rudely, "you have a child that is leader." "Are any male leader's born from the other children above her?" I ask and everyone goes quiet.

"Yes," Kamali says seriously, "that is why most are afraid of a male being announced with a leader job because that risks the order of things. So, it is expected that it stays with the males and any male whether leader or not can take it if need be." I sigh, "Anything else?"

"Today's lesson is over," Eden says as she gets up and everyone else gets up.

After she leaves everyone sits back down.

"Is there a powerplay?" I ask and everyone stays quiet. Kamali speaks up first, "All her children are boys and her oldest is the leader. That is why she has more power really." She gets up and leaves which causes everyone to get up in the same manner.

This confuses me again. "Something else I should know?" I ask them and they sigh. "Each women has a reason for importance," Basilah says seriously, "I have a leader daughter and am the first mother of James. Alora has an army girl. Eden has all boys. Ellerie has a girl with James' eyes and two boys. Kamali is just his favorite."

I nod and soon everyone leaves as the children start to arrive.

Behind them is a very quiet Leto and everyone just stares at her in awe as she walks through the home quietly.

I am beside Anax as I stare at Leto and I see the fear in her eyes. The other kids run to their mothers and hug them tightly while Leto freezes. I see conflict rising in her face as she tries to decipher what she needs to do over what she is supposed to do. I wonder what they taught her as I look at her arm and see a camera on her arm. Tears start to run down her face as she seems not to be able to make the decision.

James walks up to her, "Hello. What is your name?" "Leto," she stutters. "Come meet the family," James says kindly as he walks her through the entire family and introduces each of them then Alisha walks in with Tyler, "who would you like to greet first Leto?"

I notice this is more of a test than anything else.

Then I watch Leto walk slowly towards Alisha and Tyler. She greets Alisha first without any emotion and then she turns to Tyler. I notice a huge smile playing on her face as she jumps into his arms and starts crying.

This causes everyone to tense and Alisha seems heartbroken.

"I miss Mama," she says in a quiet-loud voice. Tyler nods as his tears fall and in a broken voice he says, "I know and I know why too, but everything is going to be okay." I know that that is the opposite of what he wanted to say.

I, also, notice that Alisha's heart is breaking, but others aren't necessarily having the same feelings.

James interrupts, "You have the day with Leto and she will be taken back to the school at the end of the day. Alisha will be with you both at all times."

Anax raises his hand, "I would like to join in too." James nods, "Every family member can be involved as they feel."

Anax follows Alisha, me, Tyler and Leto to Imogen's room.

Tyler plays with the girls as we watch from nearby.

"So," Imogen looks at Leto and says, "Your eyes are very pretty. My eyes get me bullied." Leto looks at her with confusion, "Why? You are a Kerogen not a human. Human eyes are viewed as bad." Imogen shakes her head, "Red and orange eyes are rare amongst Kerogens. Anyways, we don't hate humans because we came from them. Some do but most don't." Leto smiles and then turns to Tyler. "You okay daddy?" she asks him and he nods, but I know something is about to get wrong so I get up and walk over to put some distance between him and Imogen.

"How are you showing love for humans?" Tyler screams but I get the brunt of it as I pull the girls out of the room and ask Anax to wait outside with the girls. "Tyler," I say seriously, "you need to stop. Do you want to die? Do you want to leave Leto alone? Do you want Leto to lose two parents? Do you not care enough to just put your petty feelings aside so you can have her in your life?"

Tyler calms down and looks at me in my state of anger. I am heaving in anger and I notice Anax as well as Alisha have come into the room.

Leto comes towards me and I hug her tightly, picking her up and carrying her outside.

"Leto deserves better," I say finally and Tyler sighs deeply as he crouches on the ground in tears.

Leto puts her head on my shoulder and Imogen follows me as she holds my hand. Anax goes into the room with Alisha.

Later, dinner arrives and Leto goes home without getting to say goodbye to Tyler. She is, sadly, not allowed to come for some time.

We sit down for dinner without Tyler. Anax and Alisha are sitting at the table.

I hold baby Athena and try to eat as well.

Camden is barely present in the family settings because of what he has done.

"I told you," Anax whispers to me and I sigh nodding.

As I make my way to bed, life hits me and pain follows.

A month goes by quickly and everyone awaits the anticipation of a pregnancy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

461 47 24
What if everything you knew was a lie? What if your family wasn't your true family? What happens after you learn the truth about who you really are
5.9K 224 10
What if the Soviet Union won the Space Race? What if the Cold War didn't end? What if there was never a disaster in Chernobyl? In an alternate timeli...
59 9 7
They say what's in the past keep it in the past but I wanted to know all about my past. It was things that I didn't know and that I wanted and needed...
361 36 30
Unable to age, unable to die. So many people want me, but they can't have me. They want to experiment on me and use my blood to make more people like...