Going To The 60's With Space...

By Penzie

Shen Yuying who has lived a life ridden with bad luck in her last life got transmigrated to a parallel world... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7 & 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
NOTICE!!!
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
ANNOUNCEMENT
NOTICE
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 28

1.4K 41 5
By Penzie

On the Shen Family side.

Loud cries and curses can be heard inside the house of the eldest son of the Shen Family.

Earlier today, they personally sent Shen Yumei and Shen Yucheng at the train station.

Both teens were unwilling to board the train but no matter how much trouble they make, they still have to go.

They were dragged by their elder brothers inside the train, in fear that they would run away and will cause trouble for the family.

After the train is gone, they're both sorrowed and relieved at the same time.

Although they don't want to send them to the mountains and countryside, they have no choice.

So they left the train station.

Both parents and grandparents are currently cursing Shen Yuying inside their home.

"How could she be so vicious? She sent her cousins to the mountain. How can my Yucheng live?" Old Mrs. Shen howl so loud.

Although the old man Shen was annoyed by the noise he just let her vent her emotions.

Old Mrs Shen has many grandsons, but her favorite was the youngest Shen Yucheng.

He was sweet mouthed and know how to coax his grandparents.

Its the same with old man Shen, although the eldest grandson is important, as the family will depend on him. His love for the youngest grandson was different. Its full of doting.

While the whole family cried and curse, on the train bound to Shaanxi, Shen Yumei sat on the seat beside Shen Yucheng gloomily.

The tears in her eyes hasn't dried yet, and the hatred he felt for Shen Yuying soared. She clenched her hands.

If she'd known this will happen, she should have made sure to kill Shen Yuying when she pushed her down, few weeks back.

This wouldn't have happened. She was careless and gave Shen Yuying a chance to retaliate.

Her eyes was red from anger and her palms were filled with half moon marks from nails embedded to them.

Although her hands are rough, the marks were visible. One could see just how hard she clenched her hands.

Her heart was really unwilling, very unwilling.

Shen Yumei didn't know that she had really killed the real Shen Yuying, and now they Shen Yuying who's using her cousins body is an entity from decades into the future.

She turned to her side and look at his brother who was quietly looking outside the window.

Just from how solemn he looks, no one could tell that he was the same guy who made a fuss and kicking around, not wanting to board the train.

Fresh tears fell from Shen Yumei's eyes, 'just you wait Shen Yuying, I don't know how long, but I'll make sure to find you and make you pay for this'. Shen Yumei swore.

In Lushan Village, a group of people is making way to the village office.

Gu Kai noticed the burlap bag in Shen Yuying's embrace.

Looking at the small woman carrying such a big bag, he can't help but frown.

Gu Kai grew up in a good environment, but with 2 spoiled and arrogant siblings above him, he couldn't act the same.

He was always gentlemanly and sensible.

He stretched his hand to get the bag from Shen Yuying "let me carry this for you".

Shen Yuying was helpless and just sigh, she gave the bag to Gu Kai. She always have a good impression of him, not like his brothers and sisters.

She smiled at Gu Kai and said her thanks.

The others turned to look at them, Gu Yan frowned.

He liked the pretty Shen Yuying, he had a good impression on her, but he wasn't the type to do labor.

So looking at Gu Kai helping Shen Yuying he was both relieved and nervous.

Does he like Shen Yuying too?

His thoughts were interrupted by Gu Yao elbowing him. "Why do you keep looking at her?" She asked.

She's annoyed at Shen Yuying, base on the stories she heard from Shen Yumei, she wasn't a good person.

She wouldn't let her brother fell for that  fake woman. She hates her pretentious face trying to look magnanimous.

Looking at her younger brother,  she shake her head, she decided to talk to him later and remind him not to fall for that fake woman.

No matter what she felt right now, Shen Yuying just continued walking not caring about her.

"Why are you bringing such a big bag? Aren't we going to get our ration?" Gu Kai turned to look at Shen Yuying.

He was curious about the items inside the bag, its quite heavy.

He had thought it was light judging by how Shen Yuying carried it without a sweat.

Shen Yuying turned to him and replied " This is the grain I sent from home. I'm going to exchange it with the captain so I don't have to borrow foods."

Everyone turned to look at her, they were also curious about the items in the bag but they didn't want to ask.

Now that they're told it is grain, they're even more confused.

Why does she want to change it when she already has grains?

Looking at their confused faces, Shen Yuying just shrugged her shoulders.

Seeing that she doesn't want to explain further, they just kept quiet and made their way to the village office.

As most of the residents are working in the farm, they didn't meet anyone except for a few small children running here and there.

After walking for a few minutes,  they arrived in front of the village office.

Gu Yan as the eldest of the group lead everyone inside the office and looked for the captain.

After greeting everyone present in the office they walked to where the Captain seated.

"Village Captain, we are here to ask for our ration. Comrade Lu Jianguo told us to come here after lunch." Gu Yan respectfully told the Captain.

Looking at his humble appearance the Captain nodded his head.

"Ah! You're just in time. We have discussed with the other cadres about your ration. There's still few months before the harvest and we can only give you coarse grain right now".

Some of them visibly went stiff and others can't help frowning.

Especially the 3 Gu siblings, they don't usually eat coarse grain at home. And now they're told they can only have coarse grain while staying in the countryside.

It is indeed hard to accept. 

Wang cousins weren't favored at home, so they usually eat coarse grain. For them being freed by their family is already good, eating coarse grain is nothing.

There are still 3 months before the grain distribution. And now there are 6 new Educated Youth who will share the village food. The villagers won't be happy about it, but there's no other way, this is the policy.

Facing the Educated youth, the captain said "we have decided to give 30 catties to males and 25 catties for females. We do it like this because males consume more food than females, and also males earn more work points than females." He explained and pause for a few second.

"You'll receive the same amount of food every month, but its not for free. You will have to pay it back slowly by earning work points. So work hard and earn points well."

"Do you understand?" The Captain asked with a stern voice.

"Yes we understand captain" the 6 of them chorus.

Lu Gensheng the Captain motioned for them to come "Come here one by one and take your grain and don't forget to sign the food book and put your thumb mark on it." He instructed.

One by one, the 6 Educated youth came over to receive their ration. Shen Yuying decided to wait until the others are finished before she'll talk to the captain.

She hugged the burlap bag she got from Gu Kai when they entered the village office.

After all 5 of Educated youth got their ration, Shen Yuying made her way to the captain to say her intentions.

"Village Captain, I don't want to borrow food. I brought some fine grains from the city and I want to exchange them with coarse grains."

She opened the burlap bag in front of the captain and take out 2 cloth bag filled with white rice and white flour.

Lu Gengsheng was startled but went to open the bag and check.

He thought, one less person to borrow grain is good. Although the brigade is not short of food now, it doesn't hurt to same some more.

They have learned from the famine years ago, they don't want to empty the granary.

Opening the bag, he was surprised. The rice has long grains and very white, looks pure and no sand or stone mixed in them.

He opened the other bag and inside is very white and fine looking flour. These are good things.

He looked at Shen Yuying and asked "Do you want to change everything with coarse grain?"

"Yes I would like to exchange all of  them." She responded.

Seeing the look on Lu Gengsheng face, His 2 sons and Lu Baoguo the Village Secretary came over to look at the grains in the cloth bag.

"These are high quality. Can I exchange some of them?" Lu Baoguo asked Shen Yuying.

"You discuss it with the captain, I don't know how much can this be exchange for." She responded.

"What do you think? How much of it you want to change?" Lu Baoguo asked Lu Gengsheng.

He's an old man who had grown up in the field and he's already used to eating coarse grain.

But his old mother has hard time swallowing coarse grain. She's in poor health and doesn't have much time left.

He wanted to atleast feed her something good.

Lu Gengsheng knew what Lu Baoguo was thinking. He knew his mother was in poor health. But he also has a small grandson that needs fine grains.

The eldest son's youngest child just turned 1 year old,  and the 2nd son Lu Aiguo has a 6 month old child.  They both need fine grains as they can't swallow coarse grains.

He faced Lu Baoguo and said "I will only need the rice, and you can get all the flour." He told Lu Baoguo what he has decided.

Lu Baoguo also nodded, he still has rice at home although the quality is not good. But the white flour is quite rare, for sure his old mother will be happy.

He nodded his head while smiling, he was satisfied.

"I agree with this, I will exchange all the flour with corn ballast."

Then he looked at Shen Yuying "we usually exchange fine grains to coarse grains 1:2. But seeing that it's very good quality and already been milled I will exchange it 1:3. Do you agree Shen Zhiqing?"

"I agree Secretary Lu" Shen Yuying nod. She thinks it's a good deal.

Lu Baoguo turned to look at Lu Aiguo and said "You come with me and I'll give you the coarse grain, deliver it to Shen Zhiqing. "

Then he turned around and left. Lu Aiguo ran after him.

Shen Yuying turned to face the other Educated youth who were standing on the side. "You can go back first, and it will take a while." She kindly tell them.

They turned to look at each other. Gu Yan and Gu Yao decided to go back since they were tired and sleepy. But Gu Kai, Wang Meiyun and Wang Xiayun decided to stay.

They were initially confused as to what will Shen Yuying do with the grains she brought.  But they were amazed that she was able to exchange it, and she doesn't have to borrow.

They waited on the side until Shen Yuying finished with everything.

"Shen Zhiqing,  I will exchange your rice with 50 catties of sweet potatoes, 10 catties of potatoes and 10 catties of sorghum grains. What do you think?" Lu Gengsheng asked Shen Yuying.

After thinking about it, she will have 45 catties of corn ballast, 50 catties of sweet potatoes, 10 catties potatoes and 10 catties of sorghum grain. It really seem like a very good deal.

So she nodded her head and said "I agree Village Captain, thank you for your generosity. "

Looking at her burlap.  Lu Jianguo couldn't help but ask.

"Do you still have anything in your bag you want to exchange?"

Shen Yuying looked at the burlap bag she's holding.  "Ah, this is brown sugar, I'm planning to exchange some things like basket, dustpan, bamboo hat and eggs with it."

"Hahahaha! What a coincidence, your Aunt is very good at making basket, you should come home with us and look around and pick what you like." Lu Gengsheng said in a loud voice.

Shen Yuying understood, they wanted to exchange the brown sugar. She doesn't mind, anyway she planned to exchange this with things and besides she's not short of sugar.

She showed a big smile and said "Then I'll wait for Aunt to help me pick things. I have no idea which one is good."

"Jianguo, hurry up and call your mother. Tell her that Shen Zhiqing wants to exchange some baskets and other things from her."

Lu Jianguo immediately turned around and left to call her mother. She had a good impression on Shen Zhiqing so he made his steps quicker.

"Captain Lu, I would also like to ask about furniture, Is there anyone here who makes them?"

"Yes, my brother Lu Mingsheng is the village carpenter. He lives next to my house, so we can go to him after picking up some things from my house." Captain Lu replied enthusiastically.

"Carpenter Lu cuts down woods from the mountain and makes furniture to sell them. The money collected will go to the collective so you don't have to worry about spending money" Captain Lu carefully explained, lest they think its speculation.

Moments later, Captain Lu's wife Li Guilan arrived with Lu Jianguo,  and Lu Aiguo wasn't far behind.

Li Guilan looked at the faces of new educated youth. It's her first time meeting them.

Her eyes curved as she smiled warmly at them. Unlike many villagers, she didn't have any prejudice against the educated youth.  Instead she felt bad for them, they were still young and they have to leave their homes to go to such remote places and farm.

Most of them lived a good life in the city and suddenly they have to suffer in the countryside.  If it were her she would be unwilling too.

No wonder some of them have bad attitudes, she thinks these youngsters just couldn't accept the life here in the countryside.

For her,  as long as they won't do anything that can hurt the village and its people,  she doesn't have problems with them.

She stepped forward and with a bright smile on her face introduced herself "I'm Li Guilan, the village Captain's wife,  and you can call me Aunt Lu from now on. I heard that you need some baskets and dustpans, Auntie has alot of them at home. Let's hurry and I will show you some of them." She said enthusiastically while guiding the educated youth out of the village office.

The group headed by Li Guilan walked out of the village office, and her two sons followed behind while carrying some grains.

They walked for a few minutes until they reached a house made of bricks.

This is the first house they saw that is made of bricks other than the village office.

All other houses that we saw on the way here are made of mud.

"Auntie, your house looks so good" the enthusiastic Wang Meiyun complimented.

Li Guilan turned to them and laugh "hahaha, you child has a sweet mouth."

"Really Auntie, this is the first brick house I saw in the village. It looks clean and neat, I really like it." Wang Meiyun added.

"In the whole village, other than the village office there are only 4 families that has house made of bricks. Our family, the village secretary family, the old Gu family thats not far from here and the old hunter Liu house at the foot of the mountain." She told them.

"Bricks are expensive and rare, it's really not easy to buy, thats why most of the houses are made of mud." She continued to expain.

"Come inside and pick what you like" Li Guilan brought them to the back of the house. There was a small room, it looks like a storage room.

"This is where I keep the baskets I've made, you can pick anything you like." She waved her hand as she urged the teens.

Inside the small room, there's a bunch of things made from bamboo, straw and some fibers.

Shen Yuying took a back basket, few small hand baskets, a bamboo hat, a mattress made from fiber, a small broom made from straw and dustpan.

These are enough for now, she'll come back if she needs more. She looked at the others, they're also picking up things they need.

I don't know how they negotiated with the price of the items but for Shen Yuying, she already decided to exchange these things with sugar.

"Auntie, you can calculate it for me, and I'll also want some eggs." As she handed her small cloth bag with 2 catties of sugar in it.

Li Guilan eyes bulged when she saw the brown sugar. She had thought its gonna be 1 catty at most but weighing it in her hand, it seems to be 2 catties.

She pinched a little bit in her hand to taste, and her face became bright as she tasted a pure brown sugar. She showed a big a genuine smile to Shen Yuying.

"Shen Zhiqing I'll give you 50 eggs on top of these items." Li Guilan said excitedly.

She had collected a lot of eggs, and she was planning to sell them at the supply and marketing.

They usually accepts eggs at 5 cents a piece and 50 eggs could get her 2 yuan and 20 cents at most.

But she couldn't get a catty of sugar at the same amount. She will need sugar tickets and its not even guaranteed you can buy one even if you have ticket.

They have a big family, and most of them needs supplement especially the children.  Having these 2 catties of sugar will be a great help.

The bag also has a small jar of meat sauce, which made Li Guilan a little confused.  Is she going to changed this too? She looked at Shen Yuying.

Shen Yuying understood what she meant and smiled at her, "Auntie this is my thank you gift for your family, they have helped me get my things from the commune and deliver it at the house. This is just a small thank you, and this item is not very precious, I got it from my house. So please accept it."

It's been a long time since they had meat sauce, she's indeed happy to received this. And just thought she will treat Shen Yuying better.

"You child really". She said while tapping her hand.

She happily went inside the house to lock the sugar and meat sauce in the cupboard. And came back quickly.

When Li Guilan came out, a few children followed her, curiously looking at the Educated youth.

Most of the people in the village wore patched clothes and due to farming most of them had dark skin due to long sun exposures. They seldom see people wearing good clothes and have fair skin, so the kids were amazed by just looking at the educated youth.

Li Guilan was quite amused at the faces of the kids. She moved forward with them and introduced them to the guest. "These are my grandchildren" while pointing at the few children following her around.

According to our conversation, the Captain's family has a total of 5 offspring, 2 sons and 3 daughters.

The eldest son Lu Jianguo, he is 27 years old, married and has 3 children. A daughter and 2 sons ages 6, 3 and 1 the youngest.

Next is the eldest daughter Lu Xiaoying and has married into the county. She has 2 sons ages 5 and 2.

Then the second son Lu Aiguo, 23 years old married with 2 sons. Eldest is 3 years old and the youngest is only 6 months old.

The 20 year old Lu Xiaofeng who is married at the next village and is currently pregnant.

The youngest of the siblings is the unmarried 17 year old Lu Xiaolan.

The Captain's family have not been separated just like most families in the village.

Most of them lived in a small house and huddled together.

Some lucky family like the Captain's family have enough room to accommodate all the adult and children.

Looking at the few children big and small, Shen Yuying reached for her pocket and took a few milk candies.

She motioned the kids to come over, and gave each one of them a piece of milk candy.

With a milk candy in their hand, the children were so happy.  They don't get to eat candies often as it's very rare and expensive and needs tickets to buy.

They each shout thanks to Shen Yuying and immediately ran out to look for their fathers. They were planning to brag about having milk candies.

Shen Yuying had a satisfied smile on her face seeing that the kids were happy about receiving a piece of candy.

AUTHOR

I'm sorry for the delayed chapters.  Some days are busier than the others, I didn't have time to type so it eventually delayed.

Apart from this chapter, I will upload 2 more for this week.  One for this week chapter and the other is a bonus ( a compensation for delayed chapter)

It will take a little while since I still have to type both chapters.

Please be patient,  I will publish them tomorrow or the next day.

Thank you for patiently waiting.

PENZIE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

192K 9.1K 52
My name is Alex Cruz, I'm a omega, so I'm just a punching bag to my pack. But Emma, Queen of werewolves Sam, queen of dragons Winter, queen of vampi...
84.1K 189 11
Adult content 🔞⚠️ , smut...😍 read ur own rick ❌‼️
4.6M 350K 91
Betrayed by the people she once loved, cared for, and protected, Queen Gatria is determined to make everyone suffer and feel her wrath. With the inte...
1.1M 39K 58
Princess Nymeria is well aware that her kingdom is in decline. It has been for hundreds of years after all. Unlike her ancestors, she's willing to re...