To Be Happy

By flipthatcoinbij

After Vegas gets shot, Macau finds out that not only he got shot but it was because of the main family that h... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Side Story: VegasKei
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Side Story: Venice
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 31.5: TheoChay
Chapter 32
Chapter 33

Chapter 7

427 23 34
By flipthatcoinbij

A month has passed and Porchay has been frequently visiting Kei's place. Her house soon turns into a base camp with Porchay visiting Macau, doing homework or just playing around or sometimes he visits to meet with Rey.

Porchay seems to find a sister in Rey, not a shock as she always has this big sister vibe with her. The two has build a relationship, where Porchay can confide everything he wants to.

It's been only a week but Porchay felt more of a family with them than at his own home, with the major family of the Theerapanyakun family.

Porchay has been keeping his visitation to Kei's place a secret, he doesn't want his brother to get angry but he doesn't want to stop visiting Kei's house. The more he visit, the more he sees the true side of each and everyone and he can't help compare with what is going on back home.

When he starts staying with the major family, he was told that Vegas and Macau was evil, that they want to take over the major family and takes pleasure in killing and torturing people, even innocent once. He was terrified of the news, but after their encounter during presentation day, all of those ideas went down the drain.

He believes that both Vegas and Macau are not afraid to kill or torture, he doesn't doubt that but he founds out there are another side of them that the major family never knew. A side so warm that he can't help but feel slightly jealous.

Macau was labeled as a brat by everyone, but Porchay realized that Macau is like an overgrown puppy, he loves attention and affections. He does his best to make Vegas proud of him, not only Vegas, but even Kei, Rey and Theo, sometimes even himself.

Hanging out with Macau also makes him realize that he's no different with him. They both love their big brothers, who are protective over them and dotes on them. It was hard for Porchay to imagine a protective and doting Vegas, but once he visit's Kei's house, it was proven pretty quickly.

Vegas is labeled as a devil in the major family, everyone seems to hate him and wants him dead. Porchay won't deny that the man can be cruel but he feels that Vegas doesn't deserve all that hate at all.

Seeing Vegas in Kei's house changes his view of Vegas. The person who he thought was scary and merciless was actually a soft yet grumpy big brother.

The first time he visits, he was greeted by Vegas as Kei was in the middle of a meeting. He was nervous at first but was shocked when Vegas greeted him warmly. He was guided to the living room, where he sat down with Macau and Vegas leaving.

His second shock came from the fact that Vegas came back with snacks, a simple cookie and milk, to which Macau bragged that Vegas made the cookies from scratch and how delicious it was. A single bite of the cookie made Porchay falls in love, and with more visits, more foods that Vegas made, Porchay is helpless.

It doesn't end there. Porchay likes to visit to do homework with Macau, and he was genuinely surprise when Vegas silently went up to them and starts helping them, Macau seems to be used to it but Porchay was in awe.

Porsche may have dote on him but it's mostly with affection, when it comes to school works, he'll struggle with himself as his brother is mostly away anyway. So when Vegas starts helping them, making sure Porchay is also getting it, he was more than happy. Now, Porchay would sometimes have a one-on-one study session with Vegas.

Without them knowing, Vegas and Porchay have bonded. Porchay seems to unconsciously look up to Vegas while Vegas seems to take the younger under his wings, another little brother to keep an eye on.

Porchay's relationship doesn't end with Macau and Vegas but it extends to the Carozza siblings. From Kei, Rey, and surprisingly Theo, somehow Porchay bonded with them in a pretty short amount of time.

Back at the major family, Porchay was warned about the Carozza siblings by not only Porsche but also Kinn. He was told that they are someone serious, stronger than them and that they are those who they cannot offend. He was terrified just by hearing what Porsche and Kinn has to say about them.

His thoughts about them also change once he starts hanging out with them. Theo, the oldest who inherits the underworld work, is the scariest among the three siblings but in reality he was soft and even clumsy at times.

His interaction with Theo is always short but the older always acknowledge him and when Theo visits Kei, he would bring something for Vegas, Macau and himself. Yes, for him, Theo always made sure that Porchay isn't forgotten.

Not only that, Theo would always make sure to greet Porchay and have a short conversation with the younger. A simple 'how are you?', 'how's school?', 'did you do well on your exam?' or 'how's your grade?'. Short and simple but it always warmed Porchay's heart.

Next is Rey, the middle child who inherits the entertainment industry of the family. Porchay has heard a lot of the company Rey is working and dreamed of working there. She's nothing but kind and sweet to him.

Everytime he meets Rey, the older would made sure to pause what she's doing to attend to him. At this point, Rey is somewhat a big sister to him, someone who he can be vulnerable to.

Porchay learns a lot from Rey, especially when it comes to music. He started because he idolize Wik and wants to pursue it but Rey gives him more insight about it. He learns about music and the entertainment world. Anything Porchay is curious about, Rey would answer him without sugarcoating. This made him set on pursuing music.

Last but not least is Kei. Porchay never thought she's the most ruthless out of the three but he soon realize this after a couple of visit to her house. He was told that Kei is the most scary out of the three and he only realize this after a couple of encounters with her.

The first time he visits, Kei is nothing but kind to him, he was pretty scared at her after the dinner between the two family, but it all went away after the first visit. He was surprise to find out how Kei can be pretty blunt at times.

Their first proper conversation is about their very first meeting. Kei explained to him why she acted like that and apologize to him if she hurts his feelings. From here Porchay understood that she's ruthless not without a cause, she's ruthless because she's protecting her loved once, and this is where Porchay felt his heart ache.

Ever since Porsche works for the major family, he barely has time for him and if something happens, Porsche only comforts him for a bit before telling him how he should understand that their situation now are different. Porchay always obeys but deep down he doesn't want this.

The next time he talks with Kei, just the two of them is when he was suddenly called to her work room. She talks to him a couple of hours, getting to know him. She tells him how she has a data about him but wants to hear it from him, get to know him.

So Porchay talks about himself and for some reason he feels good about it. He was questioned about his strength, his interest, and the things he wants to learn. After talking about himself, Kei starts talking about the line of work the Carozza family are in.

She explains to him bluntly, saying how she's talking about this because Porchay is not only hanging with the Carozza family but since he's also part of the major family of the Theerapanyakun family.

Porchay listens to Kei attentively, he comes to an understanding what the family does, how powerful they are and the risk he has to be aware of just by hanging around the family. He was also told that he shouldn't be scared because Kei will make sure he's protected as he's now a precious friend of Macau.

The third encounter with Kei will always be memorable for Porchay. He was hanging around the living room with Macau and Vegas, after a study session when Kei comes down to join them. They were talking about his and Macau's school when suddenly asked a question.

"So, Chay. Tell us how far are you learning your self defense, maybe you can practice with Vegas and Macau too when you visit."

"Self defence?"

"Yeah, it's basically a mandatory if you're part of a mafia... don't tell me..."

"Hia gave me a bodyguard"

"No one is teaching you self defense???"

"No..."

Porchay remembers the way Kei's face turns into anger, he could tell she's in rage. After that conversation he watches Kei walks away angrily, and he can't help but worry. His emotion seems to go unnoticed by Vegas, as the older then spoke up.

"Kei is mad, but it's not towards you, Chay"

"Hm?"

"She's mad at your brother... and Kinn"

"W-Why?"

"The moment you are involved with a mafia is the moment that you became a target to their rivals. The basic thing to do is to learn self defense in case something happens, so you don't die. Bodyguards isn't enough Chay."

"Oh..."

"Don't worry. Knowing Kei, she'll probably make sure you'll learn self defense with her"

True to his words, Kei went back to them and declared that Porchay will start learning self defense with one of her trusted person, Ares, under her supervision.

From that encounter, Porchay realizes one thing between the Carozza and the Theerapanyakun. Porchay is always kept under the shadow by Kinn and Porsche, they never tells him what's happening and says that he'll always be protected but with the Carozza, he was given a heads up from the start and was thought to defend himself, he was given responsibility and trust.

Without anyone knowing, Porchay finds comfort in Kei's house. Home. A place where he can actually be himself, a place where he can be vulnerable.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

139K 4.5K 43
This is a MileApo version of my original book with MewGulf with the same name. Mature content, psychological problems, suffering and for sure pure l...
104K 5.9K 22
When Vegas was busy trying to cope with his father's sudden death, a beta appears in his house who claims that his father Gun gave him their minor fa...
11.2K 584 21
so i saw a story which was ghostship of vegaschay and i liked that ship very much so i thought of writing a story of vegas chay this is a story about...
51.8K 2.7K 40
Macau was facing a tough decision. He had to choose between two options, both of which had their consequences. On one hand, he could keep quiet and r...