πŸ™– SAGE πŸ™

By sugarcookiewriter

Sage is an assasin. She is a prisoner. She hates the man who put her in this position. She allowed herself to... More

Foreword
Prelude-ish
⚠️Please Read⚠️
~'1'~
~'2'~
~'4'~
~'5'~
~'6'~
~'7'~
~'8'~
~'9'~
~'10'~

~'3'~

9 4 0
By sugarcookiewriter

Song: Fix you - Michelle Ray ft. Lost, Pop Mage.

☠️ Cassius ☠️
2 days later

Today is the day I supposedly 'let' the prisoner out. The guards drag her, chained, into my office.

Imagine my surprise when I see the red haired maiden from before. Her eyes lift up to mine, green as jade crystals. Her lips part, for a second I was mesmerized, staring at her soft, pink, mouth, before she lowered her head again.

You couldn't be with her even if you wanted to anyways, The voice whispers. I clench my teeth and pick up the bracelet on my table. Why are you ignoring me? You know it's true. I don't answer, but one can hear me grinding my molars if they stand too close. 

Walking towards the woman, I give a nod to the guards on the side. They release her and stand at the corner of the room, ready to move if given the order. She doesn't wear chains or anything restricting her movements, but she looks weak, so even if she tries to attack me, the damage won't be much. [Trust in character development. Please. I swear he's not sexist.]

I tilt her chin up so I can look at her again. She jerks away, looking everywhere but me. "Stop letting your eyes wander," I order. She obeys, albeit reluctantly. "Now look at me."

"Give me your hand," She puts hers on top of mine. I can feel the rough calluses immediately when we make contact. I bet she trained real hard to be a murderer. Or a thief. I slip the bracelet onto her wrist, then tighten it until I see her clench her jaw in pain. 

I walk to my chair and sit down, crossing one leg over the other, painting a picture of ease. "Go on, leave," I tell her dismissively, almost mockingly.

She looks terribly confused, glancing left and right suspiciously. "You're not going to... do anything? I can just... leave? You're not worried that I'll escape or something?"

"That's what the bracelet is for. Tracking your movements so I don't have to look after you like a fucking nanny after being so generous as to let you out. Keep up," I snap, starting to get annoyed. The good looks she has doesn't help the way everything infuriates me. "Now, move. Get your ass out of here before I get impatient and let one of them drag you out." I tilt my head to one of the guards.

She has the sense to look annoyed. She stomps out of the office, and I hear her footsteps all the way from the hallway.

☠️ ☠️ ☠️

I can't focus on the goddamn reports anymore. I sit back and stare at the projecting screen with the tracking dot moving across the map.

It shows that she is moving towards a cliff. Is she trying to jump off? I stand up so fast the chair topples backwards. She is my prisoner. I get to choose when she dies. I get to choose how she dies. I get to choose how she gets hurt. I get to choose whether she dies or not. She doesn't do anything that endangers herself without my permission. 

I put a cloak on and grab the device that is projecting the map, wallking out the office and slamming the door as I go out.

"Where are you going, sir?" A guard that is watching over the door outside asks respectfully. I ignore him. He doesn't have the authority to question me anyway.

I open the main entrance door and slam it behind me. The projector shows she was still at the cliff.

I glance up at the sky. It wouldn't be that bad if I use it just once, right?

You know what? Whatever. If I give over to the curse, no one would care anyway. All I see from people is pity and greed. 

I crack my knuckles and close my eyes. The heat of flames lick at me, its greedy little fingers touching as much of my flesh as it can. The fire consumes me and directs me to the direction I want to go. When I open my eyes, I'm not in front of the castle anymore.

I appear at the cliff, veiled by the shadows. She is there, her red hair shimmering, no longer filled with knots and dirt. She definitely took a long shower to get her hair shiny like that. What type of soap did she use? I bet it smells nice. (Wait. Why am I thinking about that? I don't want to know what she uses.)

I shake my head to clear those thoughts, focussing back on the matter at hand. She isn't doing anything that indicates she would jump. She stares down the rocks below, as if she is imagining her corpse laying on top of the place.

She sits down, staring out at the landscape. I have to admit, it is beautiful. Not that I could really admire anything anymore, since I want to destroy everything that is beautiful. That is pure. 

Splash red across the canvas.

🌿 Sage 🌿

I find myself staring out at the view, unable to look away. It isn't the scenery that draws me in, no. It is the adrenaline of being so close to death yet not close at all.

Woah. That is really poetic of me. Damn, I could become the next shakespeare.

Alright, maybe I am depressed. What about it? It's not like mental illness could just disappear.

Great. Now I'm arguing with myself. I look around subconsciously, just to see if anyone saw me doing that. Relieved after my check, I go back to staring intensely at the mountains.

I don't know how I even started talking, or why. Maybe it is because of mental illness. (I really need to get that checked. Maybe find a therapist or something? How much do they cost?) Maybe it is because it feels like Ellie is here, sitting next to me, watching the waves crashing against the shore and the mountains standing proud. It feels like she's listening to what I'm saying. 

"I wanted to kill the guard who took me to the jails, even if it was intentional." I admit, leaning back on my hands and looking up at the sky. "He grabbed me so hard my wrist bruised." I rub the phantom pain unconsciously. 

I fall to the ground, the wind getting knocked out of me. "Woah, that was stupid of me." I laugh, staying in the position of staring at the sky.

The words spill out of me, I can't stop it. "When I saw the person who allowed me to leave for a day, all I wanted to do was to take the letter opener on his desk and stab him with it. He looked so annoying. Like... like the diarrhea on my ceiling. It's so annoying, but I can't get rid of it." I pause for a while, distracted by a cloud floating by that looks like a potato. 

"The guard who killed you, Ellie," I whisper softly to the wind, hoping it would carry the words to her up to the heavens, "will suffer the most painful death. I will make sure of that." I promise, closing my eyes briefly.

The sudden urge to scream takes over me. I open my eyes and yell at the sky. It is unfair, having everything taken from me. Just because I love Luke. Honestly, through all these hardships just for him, I don't even know if I love him anymore. Do I even remember what his face looks like?

"FUCK YOU! WHOEVER ORCHESTRATED THIS, I HOPE YOU'RE FUCKING HAPPY, SINCE YOU RUINED MY GODDAMN LIFE!" I bellow deep from my belly. (You gotta admire the beautiful vocal skills I got from my mummy)

I feel better now that I have let out my feelings into cursing and screaming. I blow out a breath and touch my face lightly.

There are tears. I can't even remember the last time I cried. Was it when I was seven? Ten? Wait, no, nevermind. I cried last night. (I can't lie to look cool. I did cry last night.)

I inhale, exhale, and repeat the process until the tears dry on my face. The beautiful scene before me helped with calming me down.

"Little bird, little bird, fly away to a place far from here." The song is uttered silently, as if anything louder than a whisper would break the peace. "There'd be flowers, there'd be hearts, there'd be snow, there'd be love. Little bird, little bird, I would take you somewhere far. Far away from here, I would hold you near, and you'd be home again." [Yes I know the lyrics are cringe. Sorry. As a writer, I have failed you.]

As I continue, the singing gets louder. No one is listening anyway. 

"So don't be sad anymore, I'll be here forevermore, so lean on me we'll go through this, just you and me for life.."

I laugh at myself, embarrassed even when no one can hear me. (At least I didn't get voice cracks while I was singing.) I sigh and stare outside again, being a depressed bitch once more. 

💫 💫 💫

Hello, my children.

I have come to explain that [] this is the author's comments and () this is the intrusive/random thoughts that the character has randomly. Thank you. 

Mwah. 

Chapter 3 status: 

Currently unedited. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.1K 355 45
You used to love the fairytales , but it was the cold you were afraid of. Sharp cold shivers as you uncovered the cold body of little red riding hood...
464K 7.2K 42
Originally "My girl." NOT EDITED⚠️ "You love hugs Don't you?" "Only yours." - "You know, if you wanted a kiss you could've just asked, princess."...
58K 2K 48
"But he who dares not grasp the thorn should never crave the rose" *** ExTrAcT "We're role-playing Sunshine, think...
279K 9.9K 66
Without thinking, he reached and grasped her arm, gently. He tugged her towards him, demanding her attention back on him. She gasped as she was now...