𝐚 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐥 | 𝐝...

By naiithewriterr

Widening the door I seen him holding another bag, with flowers in his hand and a blunt behind his ear "really... More

introduction.
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.

11.

1.5K 64 9
By naiithewriterr

For the last hour or two me and Davo been in every store trying to look for everything for Kairi's birthday once I told him what this for he told me that, me and East basically locked in cause he don't know any girl that be doing shit like this for a nigga she claim she don't like.

I been told him that me doing this was not for East but for Kairi to have a somewhat memorable birthday party cause if I was doing this for him there's no way I would be walking up and down looking for shit.

I would've been called it off the second I seen what I seen.

"Is that everything?" Davo asked me as he stared at everything in our cart, I decided to get most of the the things today so when he comes over he can take them back to his crib and decorate his backyard however he sees fit.

Or he'll just get someone to decorate for him.

"Yeah" I huffed putting the shopping list in my pocket I walked in front of Davo as he pushed the heavy cart behind me, if I was in control of that cart I would be swerving into every shelf like there was a magnet on the wheels.

"Nah hold on" I heard Davo say from behind me I stopped walking and turned around to see what he wanted, he unzipped the top to his Nike tech and gave it to me.

I decided to tie the zip up around my waist as I didn't want to hold anything in my sweaty ass hands, it had no reason being this hot in the shop when it ain't cold outside.

A lil wind ain't hurt nobody.

After paying for the items we strolled back towards his car letting the cool spring breeze bring down our body temperature, he didn't park too far so we wasn't gonna have that fresh air for too long.

As Davo does not roll down his windows for anything, he'll have his AC on but there's just some times when you wanna feel that fresh air so sometimes I be thinking in the Lorax since we got that O'hare bullshit.

After helping him put the items in his trunk I got back in the passenger seat and waited on him since he pushed the cart over to their designated area, I scrolled through my Instagram bored as shit.

"Des saying you not answering the phone" checking my notification centre I ain't seen no call from her.

"She hasn't called me though" going onto my contacts I rang her instead but the call wasn't going through "it's not working I can use your phone?"

"Yea" he mumbled he unlocked the phone and passed it so going into his contacts I typed up her praying that he don't got multiple Desiree's in his phone.

I rang her phone not understanding why it wasn't working from my own "hello?"

"Hey Desiree" I smiled hearing her voice from the other side of the line.

"Oh heyy Brook! How come you wasn't answering?"

"Ion know my phone not working right now, but what's up?"

"I was just seeing if you was good since I ain't heard from you" she explained.

"Oh I completely forgot about the text, my morning been a bit crazy".

"No it's good" she chuckled "so how was the sleepoverrr?"

"That East nigga cheated on ha" Davo chimed in being all loud and wrong.

"We gotta be together for him to cheat, but I woke up this morning to find a girl in his kitchen" I corrected.

"Oh nahhhh he's dead wrong for that" she said having the same reaction as Davo "he ain't tell you who she was?"

"Yoo I said the same shit! Twinem for real" he chuckled.

"Period but back to you Brooklyn".

"No he hasn't if she wasn't someone important he would've told me, Ion know why he gatekeeping information likee" how you gon get mad at me for leaving but you ain't bothering to tell me who that girl was.

How that make sense.

"Mhm that's true everything gon be good between y'all cause that's your soulmate" she said with so much confidence in her tone.

"Erh Ion think so" I chuckled "anyways I'm gonna go I got so much stuff to carry up to my apartment".

"Okay girll, bye Davooo" she said as loud as she could having me pull the phone away from my ear from her screaming all up in my ear.

"Yea get ya big head ass off my phone" he joked as he took the phone out my hand.

"Bitch-" Des got cut off by Davo ending the phone call, shaking my head at him I got out the car and waited for him to pop his trunk open.

"Make sure ya thin ass arms don't snap off".

"Oh so you just full off jokes today" rolling my eyes I took out all the light items so my arms can remain in my place, I took out my keys and began to walk towards my apartment building.

We probably gonna have to do two trips as Davo carrying most of the stuff.

The elevator dinged once it reached our floor, the doors opened so I walked up right up in there whilst Davo took his sweet time I had to press on the button so the doors can remain open.

"Yeah just keep taking your sweet time" he finally got the elevator and dropped the bags on the floor.

"Talking about my arms bouta snap off" I chuckled as he hunched over trying to catch his breath.

He stood up with a mug on his face before he turned around to face the mirror and flex his muscles "it look like my arms gon snap off? It's that long ass walk that got me".

"Yeah yeah" I mumbled I forgot his lungs fucked up from all that weed he be smoking.

"You'n needa come back down for the next one just bring these inside so I can go get the rest" nodding my head he took everything to my door and turned away to get whatever else was in his trunk.

Unlocking my apartment door I used one of the heavier bags to keep my door open so I can bring everything inside without the struggle of having to open up my door every second.

I put everything by my door since East is gonna take them and bring them back to his house so there ain't no point bringing them all the way inside as they're not gonna bring here for long.

As I brought the last couple items inside I heard the elevator ding down the hallway so I stood by the door waiting on Davo's slow ass "why do you walk so slow?"

"Ya ass so impatient" he smacked his lips and dropped the bags by my feet "Imma see you though" I gave him a hug with his hands moving around my waist.

A couple seconds later I pulled away and leaned over to pick up the bags "byee" as he walked off I went back inside and closed my door with it automatically locking as I did so I dropped the bag with the others.

Letting out a big ass sigh I stretched out my limbs and thought about what I'm about to eat as I washed my hands I really don't like cooking and I hate that now that I'm living by myself ain't nobody finna be cooking up meals for me.

When I was living in Louisiana my momma was always cooking cause she be feeding the whole damn neighbourhood sometimes so I never complained I just ate whatever she made cause I know there was gonna come a time when I'm gon miss her cooking.

Which just reminds me I ain't spoken to her in a lil minute, tapping on my cracked screen I swiped up to unlock my phone and went over to her contact.

"Brooklyn?!" She gasped "my baby girll!" Her ass be so dramatic sometimes.

"Hey momma" I chuckled and propped up my phone so I could see her "you doing good?"

"Yes baby, I been here and there" she shrugged "how you been? Everything working out?"

"So far yes it has" I nodded "the next step I wanna take is to get my car but I need get my money up first.." I wanted to get a car before I start planning to open up my boutique and stuff cause how am I gonna get tours and shit when I don't got a car to even go.

I'm getting tired of paying for uber but Imma stick with for now cause I'm not getting on no train or bus they too chaotic for me, some shit always going on.

"That shouldn't be a problem cause you gon do it some way some how" she softly sighed "a trait you'll need to thank ya father for".

"Hm" I hummed "I think about him all the time".

"He would be so proud of you Brooklyn, you've gotten so far in such a short space of time I wish he could see how much of a strong woman you've become" her voice slightly cracked as I know she's been thinking about him even more since his death anniversary is coming up real soon.

"You've been so strong too momma never forget that" I wish I could just give her the biggest hug.

"Anyways lemme stop being a cry baby" she chuckled and used her top to wipe her tears "you ran into any of your old friends yet?"

"I have you remember Desiree right?"

"Ion know no Desiree".

"Ma yes you do" how she not gon know Desiree and homegirl used to be up in the crib nearly every damn day.

"Lemme see a picture" I scrolled off the FaceTime call and looked for any recent picture of her, half of them had at least somebody smoking in it, there was no way in hell Imma send her that cause she'n like none of that smoking stuff.

If she know I'm around it and tried it a couple times she gon try to make me go back to Louisiana "I sent you one" it was a cute lil picture of when I stayed the night at her place.

"Oh I think I do know her, her momma the one with the red short hair?"

"Yes ma".

"You'n gotta give none of that attitude nie but she grew up to be cute" and just like that I wanted to cut the call cause ain't nobody giving attitude?

"But why I was at the mall yesterday and some people talking bout some famous boy boo'd up with some girl called Brooklyn? When I tell you my head ain't neva snapped so fast. Cause I know they not talking bout my Brooklyn".

"So I politely asked them who Brooklyn this is and why they show me a picture of you and this boy in the club?"

"What famous boy ma?" I was not ready for the thousands of questions bouta come if I admit to it even if she seen a picture Imma deny it to the moon and back.

"Brooklyn Milan you know exactly who I'm talking bout" she smacked her lips and got comfortable on the lil wooden chair in granny kitchen.

Them squeaky ass chairs.

"No I don't" I mumbled "I do remember being at the bar and some dude was tryna talk to me but he was being real weird and some other dude helped me that's what's happening in the picture. I ain't know if he was famous or not".

"And that's how I know you lying" she laughed "you talking this much and you ain't even seen the picture".

"Momma I don't need to see the picture cause that's the only time I was with a dude in the club" another lie.

"Hmmm" she hummed suspiciously "Imma let this one slide for the moment but how they know who you are?"

"They probably follow me on Instagram or something" I shrugged I really don't know myself but it clearly can't be hard to find.

"So who is he?"

"I don't know ma" I lied "he just heard some creepy stuff some man was saying to me and stepped in. Anyways ma I gotta go" I have so much stuff to do so being on the phone is holding me back right now.

"Alright baby ya momma loves you".

"I love you too momma" ending the call I put the phone down to continue cooking my dinner.
––

My to do list was to clean my apartment, finish cooking, shower, etc etc so now I'm finally lighting my candles cause I feel like lighting your candles after you clean up, I swear the candles be doing some to me.

Putting my lighter back in the drawer I heard a couple hard ass knocks on my door already knowing who it was I took my sweet time walking towards the door, I looked through the peephole just to double check cause you never know for real.

Sighing I opened up the door to see him holding a bag, I just widened the door so he could walk in "why you not saying none?"

"Because" I shrugged, as I turned around from closing my door I seen him holding out the bag for me to take "peace offerings?"

"Nah" he chuckled he lifted up my arm and dropped the bag in my hand "you needed a new phone right?"

"My phone is fine" I mumbled "thank you though".

"See that's all ya ass had to say" humming I dropped the bag on my counter and walked over to my sofa then patted the seat just like he did when I was at his crib "so watchu wanna talk about?"

"As I said before I'm real tired of you playing with me like I seen what I seen at the club you told me some else. Fine. But now you got me waking up and walking into the kitchen to find a girl in your kitchen?"

"And I hate how it's making me feel cause we not together and it's making me look real crazy".

"Nah I fuck with it, you know what you want" he nodded "the female that was in my kitchen is Kairi's moms".

Of course it was.

"So why you ain't tell me?"

"Cause she ain't someone you gotta worry about trust" he chuckled.

"Why?" It ain't none of my business for real but I still wanna know.

"When we was together ha ass kept cheating on a nigga so you'n gotta worry about her" he shrugged "I told you that I want you" he said as he wrapped his arm around me.

"You want me but I'm still single?"

"Hell yea" he chuckled "why I gotta rush things? I know what my mind set on".

You know what...

"Okay" I muttered and removed his big ass arm off my body.

"Nah don't start acting like that".

"I didn't say anything but we had our talk, you told me she's your baby momma, you told me you don't want to rush things so you can go" as I just said not even five minutes ago I hate how I'm looking crazy and we not together.

"I'm not going anywhere, cause ya ass still ain't told me what you want".

"Nigga yes I have" he just gave me one of those looks like I'm lying or something "you want me to say I want you?" I thought I showed enough interest.

"You see how easy shit go when you talk about what you want?"

"Mhm well I'm going" I got up off my sofa cause I ain't got nothing else to say to him.

He held onto my hand and pulled me back towards him "this is what I mean, stop acting like you thirteen. Ion wanna rush things cause I'm not asking you out without that date I told you about".

In that case..

"Make sure you take Kairi's things on your way out" I'm not playing this cat and mouse game with him I done told you what I want, if you not gon do nothing then what's the point?

I heard him smack his lips as I made my way to my room I didn't move down here to be stressing over a nigga so Imma let him so what he needs to do.

I'm so done right about now.

unedited

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

157K 5.7K 36
This is its own book! You can ready the Bambi series for a back story but this can be read alone! "Kyrie! I'm home baby I'm sorry for missing your p...
1.1M 64.3K 34
"Mama, I can't just leave Abir." I admitted, telling her exactly why I couldn't do this. Not only would she be snatching me away from my family and...
399 62 19
"Hey I'm sorry for acting out in the morning" "Okay, apology accepted, but that's the last time you do stupid shit or we will be over for good" "Than...
1M 30.1K 44
𝙪𝙧𝙗𝙖𝙣 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙮 | 𝙗𝙡𝙖𝙘𝙠 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙞𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙙𝙖 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 I went silent just resting my thoughts on the idea of l...