Heartsteel: The Price of Fame...

By HeartsteelStory

When the music industry's dark secrets ensnare K/DA's Akali and Heartsteel's rising star Kayn, a battle of wi... More

Chapter 1: Dreams and Rifts
Chapter 2: The Price of Fame
Chapter 3: Chains of Gold
Chapter 4: Strings of the Puppeteer
Chapter 5: Breakdown
Chapter 6: True Damage
Chapter 7: Heartsteel's Rise
Chapter 8: Strings Attached
Chapter 9: Strings Tightening
Chapter 10: Kayn's Revenge
Chapter 11: Rhaast - The Demon Within
Chapter 12: The Battle Lines are Drawn
Chapter 13: Final Warning
Chapter 14: Heartsteel vs K/DA
Chapter 15: Chasing Shadows
Chapter 17: Seeking Answers
Chapter 18: Desperate Measures
Chapter 19: Redemption
Chapter 20: Leap of Faith
Chapter 21: False Gods
Chapter 22: Reflections of Darkness
Chapter 23: The Mirrored Abyss
Chapter 24: Faith
Chapter 25: The Escape
Chapter 26: Reunion
Chapter 27: Desperate Symphony
Chapter 28: The Valley of Shadows
Chapter 29: Exposing the Darkness
Chapter 30: Melody of Liberation

Chapter 16: A Struggle for Control

198 9 1
By HeartsteelStory

The dim light from the window cast eerie shadows across the room. Akali's heart raced, her mind working overtime to process the situation. The sinister presence that was Rhaast seemed to be in full control of Kayn's body, and the way he looked at her sent shivers down her spine.

Akali took a deep breath, trying to find the right words. "Kayn, if you're in there, fight this. Don't let him control you!"

Rhaast chuckled, a sound that was both chilling and mocking. Without warning, he began to walk toward her and slowly unbutton Kayn's shirt, revealing the pale skin underneath. "You think this body is his? It's mine now."

Akali's eyes widened in horror as Rhaast, with a swift movement, grabbed her by the wrist, his grip iron-tight. She tried to pull away, but his strength was overwhelming. In a desperate attempt, she lifted her foot to stomp on his, hoping to break free.

But Rhaast merely laughed, the sound echoing eerily in the room. "You think that will stop me? You're even more foolish than I thought."

His eyes, cold and calculating, bore into hers. "You know, Akali, you could use some reprogramming yourself. Maybe you and Kayn can go through the process together. Wouldn't that be fun?"

Panic surged through Akali. She had to find a way out, and fast. She struggled and tried to pull away to no avail.

But just as hope seemed lost, Kayn's voice, weak but filled with desperation, broke through. "Akali... run!" he managed to gasp out, using the last of his strength to push her away from him.

Akali stumbled back, her heart pounding. She didn't need to be told twice. Turning on her heel, she bolted for the exit, determined to find a way to save Kayn from the clutches of Rhaast and the industry that sought to control them both.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12K 226 8
Meet (Y/N), a typical college graduate, caught in the trap that is a dead-end retail job. Through a stroke of luck, he found a reliable gym partner...
34.9K 668 21
You, yes you! You are a college graduate and who is in search for your dream of being a "Decent" entertainer "but your then somehow in a mess with 5...
31.1K 1.7K 17
If you could trade your life away for fame and fortune, would you do it? Could you love the spotlight shining on your face as it lights up your deepe...
149K 3.6K 58
Your name is Y/N L/N. A gifted young musician who has passion on making music with your 3 amazing band members. Your a famous Rock Star from your ba...