Arranged marriage: Skeletons(...

By Lerato_Lsr

This is a sequel of "Arranged marriage: I hate you" so if you haven't read it, please do. More

Chapter 1
A/N
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
A/N
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Advantage
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
A/N
Chapter 13
Gone
Chapter 14
Sad, depressed?
Chapter 15
Nice
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
A/N
Chapter 20
A/N
Loving me
A/N
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
A/N
A/N
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
A/N
Chapter 28

Chapter 10

165 5 0
By Lerato_Lsr

Riley drove into Max's place to see a lot of other cars littered around the yard. She parked her car then got her phone and car keys before climbing out of it. She closed the door and locked it.

She and her father had a really great conversation. He even offered to handle the client Riley was meant to meet for her just so that she could have enough time to prepare for the party. She had called her friends earlier on and they were very excited to see her. With her phone and car keys held in her hands, she slowly walked inside.

Loud music could be heard even from outside. She fixed her cap and pulled it down to hide her face. She didn't want anyone recognising her because she really had no energy right now.

Riley's outfit with a blue cap.

She walked into the house and kept her head down. There were still a few people here since the party just started, but she knew it would soon be packed.

She headed upstairs knowing very well that her friends were waiting for her in one of the rooms. Upon getting to Max's room, which was always a no-go area for those not part of their trio, she pulled down the handle and opened the door.

Layla was sitting down on Max's bed looking agitated while Max stood infront of her. They seemed to be talking about something. They turned to look at the door when Riley walked in, and Max let out a sigh of relief while Layla crossed her arms over her chest and frowned.

"You're late! We thought you bailed on us or something," Layla scolded, but her voice was thick with defeat. She spent hours worrying about whether or not the latter would really show up. Especially after everything that has happened.

"Why would I do that?" Riley asked in confusion as she closed the door behind her and walked further into the room, standing infront of Layla next to Max.

"Let's talk about it tomorrow. Today, we party hard like the party animals we are," Max said cheerfully as he grabbed his phone from the bed and walked to the door.

"Are you guys coming?" He asked, stopping only to look at his friends. Riley tried to walk to him but was halted in her steps by a hand grabbing hers. She turned to look at Layla who looked at her for a second before looking back at Max.

"We'll be down in a minute," she told him with a small smile and he nodded, opening the door and leaving. As soon as the door closed, Riley scanned Layla's outfit and smirked.

Layla's outfit with black sneakers.

"You look... nice," Riley said, her eyes moving up to look into Layla's amused ones.

"Checking me out?" She asked, the small smile still on her face. Riley just let out a breath through her nose and shrugged, her smirk turning into a small smile.

"Sit with me," Layla softly said as she gently tugged on Riley's hand as she held it in hers. Riley moved closer to her and sat down. She immediately moved closer to her and laid her head on her shoulder, wrapping both her arms around Riley's arm.

"Are you okay? Like, are you really fine?" The questions were asked quietly and softly, and they carried great worry and concern. Riley let out a soft sigh, their eyes staying glued to Max's closet which stood feets away from the bed.

"I'm fine now," she said, a small smile finding its way to her lips. She really felt lighter after the talk she had with her father. Finally, things are finally coming together for her. The only thing she has to deal with now, is the issue of her having a child. But today is Friday, and a fun party is building up downstairs so she's not about to ruin her mood herself.

"Are you sure?" Layla asked once more. She really worried about Riley and found it hard to hide it. They may not know where they stand in terms of their relationship, but they do know that they care deeply for each other. At this moment, that's all that matters.

"Hey, look at me," she said gently. Layla slowly moved away from her shoulder and looked at her, not letting go of her arm.

"There's a party waiting for us downstairs. Can we just enjoy that? Tonight? We can talk about everything tomorrow. I promise," Riley said in a convincing tone, the promise making it even easier for Layla to give in. She let out a small sigh and nodded then moved forward and wrapped her arms around Riley's neck, hugging her close as she buried her face in her neck. Riley wrapped her arms around the latter's waist and hugged her back with same energy.

.......

Jennie was nervous for reasons she couldn't quite fathom. A really bad feeling was suffocating her so much that she feared that she might choke. They left the car and made their way inside but Jennie stopped, which made Mia and Daniel stop as well.

"What is it Jen? Are you okay?" Mia asked, genuinely concerned as she stepped closer to her friend. Jennie let out a shaky breath.

"Nervous. I feel nervous," Jennie admitted, but nervous was far from what she felt. What she felt could be identified as fear. Her heart was beating abnormally fast but she didn't even know why.

"Hey, it's okay. We'll just check it out for a few minutes and if you feel uncomfortable, we'll leave," Mia assured, grabbing her hand and giving it a small squeeze. Jennie exhaled then gave her a small nod. Daniel, who had been talking to someone who also seemed to be attending the party turned to them and beamed widely.

"Are y'all ready?" He asked joyfully, his excitement too much for the girls to handle. Mia nodded at him and he turned to the guy who had been typing on his phone. He looked scary. He had large muscles and a lot of tattoos. Jennie definitely didn't feel comfortable being here. But she didn't want to make Mia miss out on a good night because of her. She knows how much of a party animal her friend is.

"Soon, they were walking inside. Daniel and his friend were infront of them while Mia and Jennie walked next to each other behind them.

The party was wild and just like Riley predicted, it was packed. She and Layla were in the kitchen with a bunch of other people. They danced earlier on but later just chose to get a breather in the kitchen, away from the crowd. Max was playing beer pong with the guys there while the girls laughed at them. Layla sat on a counter with Riley between her legs. They talked about silly things, mostly flirting.

Feeling the alcohol in her system, Layla excused herself and left the room for the restroom while Riley grabbed her cup and walked to the table to watch Max humiliate himself. He really sucked in this game.

"Riley, join us!" One the guys drunkenly shouted, a wide grin on his face. Riley shook her head no.

"Nah, I'm good man," she said, chuckling at how he almost fell. As she gulped down the last of her beer, in walked two guys, one of which she recognised well. Too well, but she hadn't seen him in a very long time. She gave them a once over before doing a double take upon seeing the two girls who walked in behind them, their arms hooked. She froze and her eyes immediately locked with Jennie's, who also froze at the door, a small gasp leaving her lips.

Just as they were shocked about that, Daniel's friend sighted Riley and walked forward, his eyes burning with anger.

"RileyTee! I'm here for you," he angrily said, and Riley's eyes shot up to look at him. Max also turned and looked at the four, his face immediately growing pale after seeing Jennie, recognising her as Riley's ex fiancee.

"You killed Ethan, you piece of shit!" The man continued as he took another angry step towards Riley. Max quickly jumped infront of him and pushed him back.

"Back off man!" He warned, but the man didn't seem to hear his words. Riley didn't seem affected by his outburst. She didn't even seem fazed at all. She simply turned to the counter and put down her now empty cup, turning around to face the man with her hands buried deep in her pockets.

"What? You can't fight me now Riley? Face me you coward!" The man taunted, his eyes burning with anger. Riley knew the man. His name is Bryan. He was Ethan's best friend. He tried to step closer but Max blocked his way. Just then, Layla walked in from the bathroom, stopping to survey the room, noticing the change in atmosphere.

"Watch your words Bryan," Riley warned, speaking for the first time since the four arrived. Jennie and Mia watched in panic and confusion while Daniel, well, he seemed lost.

"Or what? You gonna kill me like you killed Ethan? I'm not scared of you, fucken fag!" That seemed to light the flame of Riley's anger. Her eyes darkened and she faced the man now, her shoulders tensed.

"What did you just say?" She asked in her low voice, but her friends were not fooled at all. Layla sighed and stepped closer, her eyes moving from the man, to Mia, then stopped at Jennie. She rolled her eyes at the look of shock on the girl's face. If tiny issues like these shock her, then she definitely needs to find the exit door out of Riley's life because she really won't survive. She thought as she leaned against the closest counter, just a few steps away from Riley.

"You heard me. What? Daddy's not here to protect you?" The man pressed on, riling her up.

"Okay," Riley chuckled darkly, turning around and taking off her cap. She placed it on the counter and turned to face the waiting man.

"I'm giving you exactly 5seconds to leave this house before I fuck you up," she said, taking slow steps towards the man.

"Bring it on," Bryan responded, raising up his shoulders and gritting his teeth. Layla stepped infront of her friend. She tilts her head at her, her eyebrow raised. Riley huffs, looking down at her as her face softened.

"I'm not gonna fight okay. I just want to hear what he has to say closer," she tried to defend, but Layla didn't believe the obvious lie. She turned and looked at Max for a second.

"Maxwell, get these people out of here. All of them," she instructed, earning herself an obedient nod from Max. She faced Riley next. Grabbing her hand, she gently pulled her away, the latter following her out of the room. Jennie and Mia looked at each other in confusion but they turned around and left the house. Daniel was talked to the man Riley identified as Bryan while the girls walked to the car.

"What the hell was that?" Mia asked in shock, her eyes widened as she turned to look at her friend. Jennie stayed silent, her eyes glued to the house. Her heart hurt, but she didn't even understand why. Or maybe she did. She knew she was attracted to Riley, but she spent so long being in denial that she really started to believe herself when she said she didn't care. But seeing her today, acting like she didn't know the younger woman. It made Jennie's heart break into large puzzle pieces that only Riley was ever eager to fix. And now she was confused about what she wants. Riley has just been accused of killing someone, she didn't even deny that. But on the other side, Jennie really really wanted the older woman. She taught her so many things. Self-worth, self-love, courage, confidence, love. Love. A feeling that had been so foreign to Jennie until she met Riley. Now she can visit her mother's grave without fear, because of Riley.

The guilt was eating into her. To think about everything that Riley has done for her in her stay at the Browns' mansion. And for what? For Jennie to ignore her existence? So they went through all that just to be strangers again?!

"Jen, are you okay?" Mia asked her friend out of concern, noticing how spaced out she is. Jennie looked at her and her expression turned sad.

"I don't know," she said in defeat. "I really don't know."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 2 101
This is the sequel to my first fanfic! ENJOY!
133K 4.3K 44
This is the sequel to my first story Living with SEVENTEEN! (Woozi x reader)! It's been 3 years since you've been married just to let you guys know...
544K 6.7K 72
Hey guys ! So here's my second book of Harry Styles Imagines.
4.5K 418 25
Yes! Another sequel! Check it out! :P