Mr Sim's Spell | Sim Jaeyun ♧

By en_0420

"You've already fallen under my spell" A new employee, had an unexpected encounter with someone whom she soon... More

Characters+Author's note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13 (Part 1)
Chapter 13 (Part 2)
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Epilogue
Bonus
Author's note

Chapter 10

631 21 1
By en_0420

Timeskip
(Two weeks later)

Jake's pov

I was looking at some emails when my phone rang.

"Hello?"
I picked up the phone.

"Jaeyun!!"
The voice I dreaded to hear on the other line.

"About your girlfriend. How about we have that dinner tonight instead of three months later?"
He asked.

"You said three months, keep it at that. She wasn't ready when you barged in like that last week"
I replied.

"I can always apologise. You know what, give me her phone number. I'll ask her myself"
-My dad

I rolled my eyes at his request.

"I'll ask her and update you later"
I immediately hung up after that.

I decided to just text Nareum.

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

Nareum

Me:
You don't need to
come to the office
today

Nareum:
Why?

Me:
I'll meet you later
at 7pm instead

I'll pick you up in
front of your house

Nareum:
For what?

Me:
You'll see

Also, expect a package
to be sent to your house
later

Use it for tonight

Nareum:
Okay..
Seen

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

"What's your plan?"
Jungwon asked.

"To tell her about the dinner on the way there and hope she doesn't kill me midway"
I scratched my head.

"You're gonna swerve off the highway tonight for sure"
He laughed.

"You're coming too. Don't think you can escape"
I put down my phone.

"And what exactly am I supposed to do there?"
He raised a brow.

"Just be there. In case I actually do get thrown off the highway"
I looked back at my computer.

I heard him sigh. In all honesty, I just feel more secure when he's around. Again, he's been my friend for a long time.

Thankful for him even though he may not be of help all the time.

____________________

Timeskip
(6pm)

Nareum's pov

As Jake said, a package arrived in front of my house. I went to the living room to unbox it.

"What is it?"
Eunseo asked.

Yes, she's coming with me. I have a strong feeling that Jake is gonna pull something insane.

"Oh, it's a dress"
I took out a red dress from the box.

"Try it on!"
Eunseo exclaimed.

I went to the bathroom to change and it's really pretty. I came out and showed it off to Eunseo.

"You look gorgeous. He's going out on a date with you for sure. I don't think I should tag along"
Eunseo said.

"No! Jake isn't the type to surprise me like this. He always has something up his sleeve"
I told her.

"Okay, fine. Let's go get your hair and makeup then"
Eunseo stood up and pushed me to my room.

Timeskip
(7pm)

Eunseo and I heard a car honk while waiting outside for Jake. The window rolled down, revealing the latter.

"You're bringing your friend?"
Jake asked.

"Yeah"
I folded my arms.

"Perfect. She'll have company. Get in"
He replied.

I got into the front seat and from the rear view mirror, I saw Jungwon in the back greeting Eunseo with a smile.

Jake started driving and the first thing I asked him was where we were headed to.

"Both of us are having dinner with my father"
He said.

"I knew you'd say something crazy. Anything that comes out your mouth is crazy"
I looked out the window.

"So..you're not mad at me?"
His voice had some hope.

"DO YOU THINK I LOOK HAPPY?!"
I faced him and he flinched from my voice.

He shut up after that and the entire car ride was silent.

After a while, we got out of the car and Jake brought us to the lift. He pressed the highest level there was.

When we got to the front desk, the staff was checking for our table and Jake turned around.

"I'll pay for a separate table for the two of you since you're already here. Get what you want"
Jake told Eunseo and Jungwon.

Eunseo took one look at Jungwon and blushed.

They need to get a room.

My gaze fell to the dining areas and I saw a familiar face. Mr Sim, as in the father.

I immediately look away and wrap my hand around Jake's arm. He was shocked at my gesture.

"Your father is watching"
I faked a giggle, looking at him sweetly.

"Oh, alright"
He said and the staff brought us towards the table.

Jungwon and Eunseo sat quite a distance from us so I had nothing but myself now. I bowed to Jake's dad and he invited us to sit down.

"Make yourself comfortable, Nareum"
He laughed heartily.

"Thank you, it's nice to see you again"
I returned his smile.

We decided to order our food first and I just went with seafood pasta. Once the waiter took down our order, I prepared myself for the questions that were gonna be thrown at me.

"How did you two meet?"
His dad asked.

"Well, we were arguing over work matters so Jake apologised and brought me out for dinner. I realised that he was actually really sweet"
I lied through my teeth.

"That's very rare for my son. You were the lucky one"
He responded.

Lucky my *ss, he's making it hell.

Time flew by, and I just kept answering the questions. Jake chimed in a few times but it was mostly about my personal self. Soon enough the food arrived and we started eating.

In the midst of my meal, a certain question made me want to dig my own grave.

"Nareum, have you ever thought of marrying Jaeyun by any chance?"
His dad questioned.

The food got stuck in my throat and I coughed, covering my mouth. Jake was patting my back to help with it.

"Appa!"
Jake shouted at his dad.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to shock you like that"
He looked at me worriedly.

I shook my head, reassuring him even when I was mentally cursing myself.

"Are you okay?"
Jake asked with concern and I nodded, drinking some water.

"You don't have to answer that. It was inconsiderate of me"
His dad said guiltily.

"It's okay"
I replied, avoiding eye contact with him.

After finishing the last few bites of our meal, we bid goodbye and let Jake's father leave the restaurant first. I tried to look for Eunseo, but she wasn't at her table.

"Jungwon texted me and said that he left early with Eunseo"
Jake spoke.

I ignored him and walked away from him, pressing the lift button multiple times. Thankfully one of the doors opened and I entered.

Just when the door was about to close, someone put their hand between the gap. I avoided his gaze and just let the lift go down. When we exited, I walk away from where his car was parked.

At this point, I'm willing to find my own way home.

"Nareum. Nareum, where are you going?"
Jake raised his voice, holding onto my wrist.

"Home. What more do you want?"
I maintained my voice level.

"Look, I'm sorry I didn't tell you about this earlier. This dinner with my dad, the part about marrying-"
I cut Jake off.

"Which part of you is sorry? There is no place in your soul which feels the least bit of sorrow for me"
I pulled back my hand from him.

"Nareum, I want to be sincere. I'm sorry that you can't hear it in my voice but I am. I regret everything I did these past few days"
He stepped closer to me.

His eyes were full of desperation for me to hear him out. At the same time I could hear his sincerity.

"Jake, we agreed to do this for five months. Were you planning to hide the marriage part until then, just to trick me?"
I was genuinely curious.

"No, never. No, I want you to be happy. I'd never think of keeping you for myself like that, Nareum"
He suddenly wrapped his arms around me.

He didn't let go of me, afraid that I might walk away from him if he does.

"As much as I like you...I don't want to make you suffer living with me, having a father in law like that. I don't want any of that for you, sweetheart"
Jake stroked my hair, his voice getting softer into whispers.

He likes me?

A tear rolled down my cheeks all of a sudden. My breathing turned unsteady.

"I'm sorry, I was focused on my father's deal. I had to date a woman that he picks if I don't get a girlfriend in three months. I was a coward for not accepting it"
His chest rose and fell.

"I'm sorry I pulled you into this mess, I'll let you go now if-"
I stopped him midway, looking at him.

"Let me ask you one thing, and please answer it honestly"
I tried to regulate my breathing as he nodded.

"Am I really your only hope in this situation? Am I the only person you have left?"
I looked into his eyes.

His eyes were also glittery from tears, but he couldn't answer me. His lips were quivering, and in that moment I knew that it'd be the most painful thing in the world to walk away from him.

"Nareum.."
Jake moved his hand from my hair to my back.

"You're not a coward for what you did, now that I hear the truth, I completely understand your position"
I reassured him.

He cupped my face.

"I'm so grateful that you understand, but you don't need to force yourself"
He wiped my tears with his thumbs.

"After you explained everything? Jake, it'll hurt for me too if I leave you, being the reason why you end up with someone you don't love"
I looked down.

He tilted my chin up and stared into my eyes.

"I've never felt so comforted by someone, especially one whom I barely know. Thank you, Nareum"
He pulled me into a hug again, sniffling.

I'm feeling everything all at once, but my heart is telling me to stay with him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.5K 2.9K 25
"How am I supposed to win this competition when my partner is you?" "Who said you are going to win?" Two students from two rival schools and one sing...
353K 30.9K 89
Sequel to my MHA fanfiction: •.°NORMAL°.• (So go read that one first)
778K 29K 97
𝐀 𝐒𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐓: you are going to die. does this worry you? ❪ tua s1 ⎯⎯⎯ 4 ❫ © 𝙵𝙸𝚅𝙴𝙷𝚇𝚁𝙶𝚁𝙴𝙴𝚅𝙴𝚂...
67K 2.6K 25
it all starts when heeseung makes a daily visit to a small market around a lonely corner "𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐳𝐲, 𝐣𝐮𝐬...