Shattered Vengeance (The Alde...

By ameesaAhlam

(Can Be Read As A Standalone) They took everything from me. My parents, my sister, my dreams, my sanity. My... More

Author's Note
Characters
Prologue
One: Arrogance
Two: Humbled
Three: Over
Four: Promise
Five: Ragnar
Six: Sadist
Seven: Zahria
Eight: Ride
Nine: Psychopath
Ten: Kidnapped
Eleven: Hungry
Twelve: Smile
Thirteen: Cooking
Fourteen: Desperate
Fifteen: Overthinking
Sixteen: Tears
Seventeen: Want
Eighteen: Hurt
Nineteen: Mine
Twenty: Screwed
Twenty-One: Cricket
Twenty-Two: Beach
Twenty-Three: James
Twenty-Five: Choose Me
Twenty-Six: Flaws
Twenty-Seven: Overwhelmed
Twenty-Eight: Reason
Twenty-Nine: Affection
Thirty: Healed
Thirty-One: Ring
Thirty-Two: Horace
Thirty-Three: Revenge
Thirty-Four: Peace
Epilogue
New Book!
New Book!

Twenty-Four: Come Back

2.3K 155 109
By ameesaAhlam

I seriously didn't want to update so soon because I have only written till chapter 29 and I still need to write a few more chapters but you all are really impatient.
Also, I want atleast 60 comments on this chapter, okay?

____________________

ZAHRIA

My gasp was swallowed by his mouth, knees buckling as I clutched the front of his t-shirt to hold myself.

The kiss was sloppy, messy, and desperate making my heart beat at a crazy pace.

I was pulled closer by my waist, his head tilting as he kissed me harder and my brain finally caught up with everything as I kissed him back tentatively.

Butterflies exploded in my stomach at his groan of approval the moment I kissed him back and I slid my arms up to lock around his neck.

He parted my mouth with his lips, plunging his tongue inside and I melted against him, his tongue dominating my mouth.

His hands slipped down and without breaking the kiss, he bent down and picked me up in his arms, my legs locking around his waist.

For barely a second, I parted away to catch my breath but a growl rumbled in his chest and he chased my mouth with his, capturing it again in a hungry kiss.

He carried me somewhere but I didn't care as I caressed his tongue with mine, slipping my fingers into his hair.

I was slammed against a cold wall and a moment later, cold water rained down on us making me gasp into the kiss, goosebumps pebbling my skin.

Even then he didn't stop kissing me. I didn't want to stop either but I was going to faint due to the lack of oxygen so I squeezed his shoulder.

"Arien", I whimpered into the kiss.

That did the trick as he paused, lips still attached to mine as he slowly lowered me down on the floor.

My eyes fluttered open just in time to see an array of emotions flicker across his face. Longing. Desire. Conflict.

Panting, he pressed his forehead to mine, cupping my face, and caressing my cheeks.

He remained like that for a long moment before I felt his body stiffen and he slowly pulled back and stated without meeting my eyes, "Don't leave this room."

Then he was gone.

I felt extra cold with his absence and quickly turned the water to hot, pondering over what just happened.

I touched my lips which now felt swollen. I can't believe my captor kissed me and I loved it. I kissed him back. Passionately.

And I want more.

But I think he is trying to ignore me.

My head throbbed with all the thoughts and I shut them all out. Just for tonight.

I removed my drenched clothes and was grateful that all the blood had washed away already.

Wrapping myself in a towel, I padded out to an unfamiliar room but seeing the small television with all the CCTV footage running on it, I assumed it was Arien's.

Wait a damn minute.

My mouth fell open as I watched the live footage of my room. I didn't even have any privacy in my room?!

I quickly searched through the footage and was relieved to find none of my bathroom.

Oh God. I can't believe he...

I blew out a breath. Not today. I will worry about this tomorrow.

Not left with any choice, I went inside his closet, picking out a black t-shirt which I wore, finding it extremely comfortable.

I had no intentions of leaving this room, I didn't want to see the mess outside so I simply climbed into his bed, slid under the duvet and closed my eyes.

I'll deal with everything tomorrow.

.
.
.

"Zahria. Wake up." Someone was whispering as they gently shook my shoulder.

My head was aching as I opened my eyes, it took me a few seconds to focus and when I did, I was taken aback on seeing Asael standing beside me.

He held a finger to his lips. "Shh, don't panic."

He did a quick scan of my body. "Are you okay?"

I nodded slowly.

"Good. Okay, listen. My helicopter's waiting at the back, I'm going to get you to it and my men will take you back, okay?"

I nodded again, still a bit sleepy.

"Where's Arien?" That was my first question.

"No idea. I have to get you out before he is here--"

"Where is he? James is dead, right? He should--"

Asael frowned. "James?"

He didn't know. "James was here last night...he...he...tried to kill me..."

Asael's face twisted with fury. "James was here?"

"Y-yeah...isn't that why you are here?"

He shoved his hand through his hair, cursing under his breath. "Fuck, no. I was searching for you, I had no fucking idea that James was here. Fuck. He is dead?"

"I think...Arien was brutal with him..." I shuddered as I remembered him stabbing James.

"I don't think so he killed him. Not so easily." He pressed his fingers to his forehead, thinking hard.

I pulled myself up in a sitting position, a little dizzy.

Asael was pacing the room now, still contemplating.

"Did Elmer tell you about this location?" I asked.

He paused and shook his head. "No. Elmer knows? That asshole said he had no idea."

"He was here...some time back, he was going to take me out of here but I refused since I didn't know him so I just couldn't have followed him out. Besides, Arien and he fought."

"I see." He pressed his lips into a grim line. "You don't have to worry about all that anymore. Let's go."

I nodded and glanced around the room and my eyes fell on my phone which was lying on the nightstand. I didn't notice it last night considering how exhausted I was.

I grabbed it and even though my outfit consisted of just a long t-shirt, I didn't care. I had to get out of here. This was my last chance.

My heart squeezed at the thought of leaving Arien. Shit. I can't be thinking about staying.

"Zahria." Asael urged.

I swallowed and followed him out of the room which was on the ground floor itself.

Why did I feel like I was betraying him?

.
.
.

ARIEN

James wasn't dead yet. I won't let him die this easily.

I needed to get lots of answers from him.

After I got him patched up enough to keep him alive, I kept him in the basement and had my men dispose of the two other bodies.

Soft, sweet lips. Body fitting against mine flawlessly.

I licked my lips as the memory from last night flashed across my mind.

I did leave clues for James, I knew he would take the bait but I didn't fucking expect it so soon and I didn't expect him to touch her.

I almost had a goddamn heart attack seeing her being dragged away by him.

And then she tried to save me.

Fuck, I was so worried and scared that on seeing her standing there like that, I did the first thing that came to my mind. I kissed her.

I was never a fan of kissing and I haven't kissed a woman in the past twelve years and then she walks in and I lose all control.

I had my men stationed in the basement and leaving them, I walked back upstairs.

She must be awake by now.

Upstairs I came to a screeching halt.

Asael was leading Zahria towards the back. Taking her out of here. And she was willingly following him out.

She was wearing my t-shirt looking like a goddess.

But my little bird was leaving me.

Zahria doesn't want me. No woman ever will.

A kiss doesn't change anything.

You are a monster to her.

She will never have you.

"No." I choked out.

They both paused, turning around to face me.

Zahria's eyes widened and she looked torn.

Asael watched me carefully. "Arien."

"No."

"Arien."

"Don't take her away from me."

Asael gestured for her to leave while walking over to me. "Arien, I was so fucking worried about you."

I ignored Asael, staring at her over his shoulder. "Zahria, come back."

Her mouth parted to say something but then she shook her head.

"Zahria, come back", I said desperately.

Asael flung a look at her, jerking his chin towards the door.

"Don't," I warned her as she inched towards the door.

When she didn't listen, I was about to chase her but Asael blocked my way, holding me by my shoulders.

"Zahria. Come. Back."

"I-I...am sorry..." Tears welled in her eyes.

"Zahria..."

As she took another step towards the door, I shoved Asael away.

"Leave," Asael ordered her just as he grabbed me around my waist and pulled me back.

I struggled against his hold. "Zahria!"

Tears slipped out of her eyes and giving me one last long look, she walked out the backdoor.

"No. No."

"Arien. Stop." Asael hissed.

"Bring her back...bring her back..." I couldn't breathe. "Bring her back..."

"You have to let her go."

"BRING HER BACK!"

Asael's arm loosened around me and I ran towards the door.

The helicopter was already moving and ascending.

My vision turned hazy, eyes burned with tears. "Ria...come back..."

My head spun, my knees weakening as I fell, darkness consuming me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.2K 1.4K 63
It's a story of two people living on different sides of the same dimension. She dreaded his world, and he envied hers. She reminded him of a life he...
400K 16.7K 41
"I don't fear darkness. I am the darkness." Being the leader of the largest Mafia group in USA, Ruslan Searlus is a man to be petrified of. Everyone...
149K 3.9K 24
On the surface, Aiden had it all. Wealth, good looks, and intelligence. But beneath the veneer of masculine perfection lay a broken man. A man obsess...
128K 6K 34
•Zale Ascian Weylyn• I own these cities, my territories; this is my kingdom and I am the king here. And now I want the territory of Alaska that falls...