The Pretty Girl

By JustforFun2017

"Can't you just turn it on?" She huffed irritated tapping her foot anxiously. Her red bottom heals were too n... More

Cast
The Beautiful Nightmare
The Mechanic
Dilemma
Louis Vittons
Thief
Unfortunate Meetings
Make it Happen
Appointment Only
She Laughs
Full Disclosure
A Pattern
Rationalizing
Just a Little
Birthday
Headaches and Regrets
Titles and Labels
Anticipation
Crush
Wouldn't Dare
Wants versus Needs
Focus
Dip in the Lake
With you
Feelings
Afterglow
Clocked in
Perspectives
Closer to You
Alka
Confrontations
Contemplation
What Could've Been
Hurting You
Not Enough

Ake'nisténha

1.9K 104 51
By JustforFun2017

This is the slowest I have ever progressed  to drama in a story that just means I must go all out. 🫡

"I got it." Adeline smiled moving to sit across from Dantia at the ritzy bar. The two ladies had mountains of information to catch up on. Adeline had been so busy with work and Kai lining up her schedule with Dantia has been unbearable. "Got what?" She inquired.

"The basket I told you about on the phone!" Adeline held it up for her. Dantia was confused but let Adeline continue. "It signifies honor when being allowed over someone's home. Reggie showed me and helped me go out and find one." She sounded so excited. Dantia was nearly awwing at how excited she was. She was really going the extra mile for this guy.

"That's sweet of you." Dantia gave her a smile. "I'm trying you know. His aunt is very important to him and I want to...make a good impression on her." Adeline explained. She had gone through a lot of effort to make a good impression. She had left her shoots for the week early to practice and prepare for this meeting.

Amelie was busy for some reason so she had no idea what Adeline was doing. It's been strange not to have her breathing down her neck. Adeline didn't want to question it but yet she still was curious. What was the change in pace? Was she just marinating her nagging? Adeline didn't know. She wasn't sure she even wanted to know.

"So how is the sex?" Dantia changed Adeline's thought process. Adeline scoffed. "Who says we are having sex?" Dantia dead panned her. "Girl you have the light airy happiness surrounding you. You have the glow."

"The glow?" Adeline inquired. "The 'my whole world has been turned inside out and I'm whipped by one penis' glow." Adeline rolled her eyes but she couldn't lie. She felt like that.

"Well...I have no comment." Adeline bit her lip. "Ugh I am so jealous." Dantia groaned. Adeline giggled a little. "It's very very good that's all I can say." Dantia pursed lips knowingly. "How's the guy bothering you? Are you still certain he doesn't like women?" Adeline changed the subject. She could not think about having sex with Kai before going to meet his aunt. She was going to be well behaved and controlled today. She didn't need the flashbacks to torment her all day long.

"He actually does like women. But that doesn't mean he likes me!" She argued. Adeline rolled her eyes. "Whatever. Are you accompanying Marcov to Italy for my shoot?" She asked. Dantias expression wavered for a minute.

Adeline's brows furrowed at that but didn't say anything. "No I'm not. I have something to take care of here." Her face was back to normal. Adeline didn't know if she had something going on or not, she hadn't talked to much about her life when they talked. "Oh. Well if you need anything you....you can always let me know." Adeline awkwardly offered. That's what friends did right?

She was trying to let Dantia know that she did care for her companionship even with her busy schedule. She hoped she could see that.

Dantia looked slightly emotional at Adeline's honest offer of support. She was learning and really trying to be a good friend she was completely different compared to the woman she once was. "Thank you Adeline." Addy smiled and cleared her throat. She was doing well. She was doing very well and she was proud of herself. Things really seemed to be on the upward for her.

She was glad she found such a great friend in Dantia. She really has helped her so much. Friends were hard to come by especially for Adeline being who she was both as a person an a celebrity.

"So back to the sex?" Dantia lifted a teasing brow. Adeline hid her face in her hands and laughed.

___________

The time had come for Adeline to meet Kai's aunt. She toned down her usual attire to something simply and presentable. She didn't want to over dress but she was not someone to underdress.

She smoothed down her hair and checked herself in the mirror. She glanced at the phone expecting her mother to ring her today but she hasn't. Adeline frowned but didn't bother to call her back. She was going to take advantage of her freedom.

The sound of the door knocking in the familiar beat made her heart jump with excitement. She grabbed her tote bag with the basket in it and ran down the stairs.

She opened the door and was greeted with Kai standing there with some more flowers for her. "Hey. I realized you liked flowers." He admitted. Adeline grinned pulling him by the neck and landing a kiss on his lips. "I do. Thank you."

She took in the pink colored roses and got them placed in her vase. Kai followed her in. "What are you doing? We have to go!" She ushered them both out. Kai put his hands up in defense. "Sorry geez what's the rush?"

Adeline exhaled holding his hand walking to the car. "You aunt is waiting." She scolded him. Kai rolled his eyes. "Otsi'tsa will be fine."

"Well I don't want to be late." She nearly jumped in the car when he opened the door for her. Kai shook his head rolling his eyes.

He climbed in and they began the trek to her home. Adeline was rubbing her wrists nervously. Kai placed his hand over hers and gently squeezed. "Stop doing that Addy." She sighed. "Why? It's just to relieve stress."

Kai didn't expand on it but he just didn't like when she did it for some reason he couldn't put his finger on. It bothered him when she did it. At a better time he would ask her about it. But right now he could tell she was nervous. "I guess."

He changed the topic and talked about her day for a while and shared about his. Reggie was home for good and John was planning for the Pow wow. Adeline had never been to one before or even seen one.

"You should come with me. You should meet John's girls they'd love you." He offered Adeline nodded. "I'd like that. They are John's daughters of course." She teased. Kai rolled his eyes. "I forgot he's your extra lover."

"I met him first." She poked his cheek. "Yeah yeah." He waved her off. Adeline giggled interlacing their fingers. Kai brought their hands to his face and kissed her hand with a grin on his face.

"Is there anything I should know about your aunt?" She asked cautiously. Kai shrugged. "Be yourself. You're real self." Was all he said. Adeline looked at him confused. "You didn't like my real self." She spoke quietly. Kai turned to look at her as he pulled into the homes driveway.

"No Adeline I do like your real self. The real you cares a lot, you don't pretend to be harsh you are willing to learn. I really really like the real you." He looked into her eyes. He and Adeline held eye contact for a moment before turning the car off and clearing his throat.

Well that was sappy as sh*t.

"Well we're here." He gave an unsure smile. Adeline nodded still looking at him. She leaned in and kissed him slowly. Kai's hand hesitantly reached up to cup her cheek and kiss her back.

It was slow and careful this time. She pulled away quicker than she wanted and smiled at him before getting out of the car. Kai sat there dumbfounded for a second before also exiting the car. He rounded it to meet Adeline and took her hand in his. "Ready?" Adeline nodded. They walked to the front door and knocked.

"Coming!" Her sweet voice trilled. Adeline's heart was pounding and her hand tightened around Kai's. "Just take a deep breath." He murmured to her. "She's going to love you."

Adeline nodded desperately but then the door opened. The woman was small. Very small with long gray and black hair that cascaded down to her thighs. She had a kind face and wise eyes like most nice older women. Her ears were pierced with intricate jewelry and she looked beautiful.

"Hello-" but she stopped abruptly as she saw them. Kai raise a brow in confusion. "Otsi?"

"Oh my...Kai...." Otsi stared at Adeline with intense interest. "Oh my goodness!" She doubled down. Adeline's eyes nervously darted to Kai. She didn't know if that was good oh my or a bad one. From the confident look on Kai's face it must be the former.

"I know you said a supermodel. But I didn't think you meant it. This is not a supermodel this is an angel on earth. I have never met such a beautiful woman!" Otsi grasped her hands. Adeline blushed giving her a small smile.

"Um...Shé:kon, skennenkó: ken?" Adeline quietly mumbled. Kai's brows furrowed as if he didn't hear her correctly because there was no way Adeline was speaking the Mohawk language. "Hmmm?" Otsi walked closer. Adeline would be as red as a tomato right now if she was lighter. She licked her lips, cleared her throat, and spoke up a little clearer. "Shé:kon, skennenkó: ken?"

(Hello, how are you doing)

"Yoyanerátye!" Otsi screamed with happiness. Kai's eyes were nearly bulging out of his head when he looked at Adeline speaking to his aunt. How the hell did she know the language?! Did she... did she learn some of it? Adeline refused to look at him probably in nervousness or embarrassment but Kai was stuck in awe and disbelief.

(I'm doing well)

"Oh nahò:ten yesá:ya'ts?" Otsi asked her. She was nearly fainting. "Kai, oh nahò:ten yontátya'ts?" Otsi nudged him ecstatically bringing him back to reality. "It's-" He started.

"Adeline." Adeline finished for him after hearing similar words she had been practicing. Otsi embraced Adeline in the biggest hug ever. "Oh sweet sweet girl! You're sure you're not a Kanienkehaka woman?" Adeline glanced at Kai before looking back at Otsi'tsa. "No ma'am I'm not." She spoke softly.

"You learned these phrases?" Kai asked her quietly. Adeline felt heat on the back of her neck. "Yes. I hope I didn't overstep or make anything uncomfortable-"

"No! No you are an absolute angel." Otsi assured her. Adeline gave her another apprehensive smile. "Please come in!"

"Oh I um I have something else for you?" Adeline pulled the basket out of her bag presenting it forward to Otsi. Kai and Otsi glanced at each other with wide eyes.

"Oh!" Otsi gasped before giggling cheekily at Adeline who stared at Kai who was also cackling. "Did I do something wrong?" She messed with her bracelets nervously. Otsi shook her head through hysterics.

"No sweet girl. Well well I appreciate the offer of asking permission to marry my Kai. I do think I would like to get to know you a little more first before I accept but you're on the right track." Otsi-tsa smiled.

"Oh!" Adeline gaped feeling extremely embarrassed and side slapped. Kai was dying laughing wrapping an arm around her shoulders planting a kiss on her cheek. "That was very sweet Addy." Adeline looked mortified. Reggie! He knew exactly what he was doing. Adeline was going to tear him a new one the next time she saw him. He convinced her this was an offering of good fortune and respect entering your partners home.

She didn't even bother to fact check him because he was Mohawk and he knew better than her. Reggie was going to feel her wrath very soon.

"Don't be embarrassed dear I'm very charmed by your efforts!" Otsi gave her another warm hug. Adeline covered her face and sighed. "I'm sorry Otsi. I um I didn't want to make a bad impression. I never read about these on line but Reggie convinced me that-"

"You were truly reading up on all aspects of our tribe?" Otsi raised her brows with approval as she darted her eyes to Kai giving him a smirk. Adeline hesitantly nodded so was so mortified. Kai looked at Adeline with an equal look of admiration and surprise. His heart felt a surge of pride for her efforts.

"Yes. I hope that's okay." She cautiously added. "Sweet girl if that marriage basket was an honest proposal I honestly would've shipped Kai off to marry you this instant." Adeline giggled a little at that. She noticed Kai was holding her closer than when they first walked in. He must have really appreciated her attempts to appease his aunt.

The way he was staring at her since they got here was making her sweat. His eyes had not left her and he was far too intense. She didn't want to look at him in fear that she was crumble into a million pieces so she followed her while Kai kept a strong arm on her. She felt his lips press against the top of her head and exhaled a shaky breath of relief. He wasn't upset. So why was he looking at her like that. She had never had someone look at her like that before if they weren't angry on contemplating something serious.

"Come sit I made dinner and I want to learn all about how you met!" She was such a kind woman Adeline couldn't even maintain discomfort for too long.

Kai and Adeline looked at each other and awkwardly chuckled when thinking about how they first met. "Oh.. Well my car broke down and John brought me to the shop after driving past." She mentioned hoping Otsi would not investigate further. But naturally as Kai's aunt she wanted more details than that. "And just look at you! I just know Kai was completely smitten when he saw you." She grinned even though she knew Kai couldn't stand Adeline for a very long time.

Adeline glanced at Kai for help. "Well yeah. Of course my first person impression was this is probably the most beautiful person I have ever seen in my life." He answered honestly. Adeline looked at him in surprise. Even though he constantly tells her he always was attracted to her, during their first few encounters she would have never ever imagined it. Kai always seemed so indifferent to her and displayed absolutely no signs of attraction.

"But then she opened her mouth naturally." He slid some more honesty in there. Otsi whacked him with a towel. "Kai! I raised you better than that." He rolled his eyes. Adeline playfully glared at him before clearing her throat and nodding to Otsi. "He's not lying. I'm a bit of...an acquired taste when you first get to know me."

That was an understatement but Kai wasn't going to dog who Adeline was at her worst. Especially when he was getting to know her best. He forgave her long ago and she deserved some grace. She did her time.

"She also hates my tattoos." He added. Otsi clapped. "I knew we'd get along sweet girl I hate those things." Adeline laughed with her.

"Whatever you two. But honestly she is great when you get to know her. I'm still learning so much about her." He smirked at her. Adeline looked to his aunt who looked pleased. "Then I am excited to get to know about her. So are you from New York Adeline?" Otsi began setting plates in front of them and placing food on them. Adeline nodded.

"Yes Manhattan but I reside in Plattsburgh for privacy."

Otsi nodded placing her own plate down before taking a seat. "Very nice. And how long have you modeled?"

"I became a well known professional at 16." Adeline responded. Otsi's eyes widened. "Big responsibility for such a young girl." It was innocent but Adeline couldn't help but wonder if Otsi meant more from that. "Yes, but it was something I have been working for, for years." Adeline slowly acknowledged. Otsi smiled at her but still it seemed like she saw something Adeline didn't.

"That's amazing. Many people don't get to pursue their dreams, your parents must be immensely proud of you." Adeline thought briefly of her mother and father. Her father hated her career and her mother ran her career. Proud wasn't something she would necessarily say. But Otsi'tsa didn't know that so it didn't matter.

"Yes...Very proud." And it almost sounded so real. But to Kai it did not. Otsi kept her neutral facial expression and nodded at her response. "Lovely. I would be too. Just look at how beautiful you are. And you are extremely intelligent, our language is not the easiest especially with pronunciations. You did so effortlessly. And you clearly show commitment to people, because you took the time to even try. I like you." She grinned pleasantly. Adelines anxiety melted into the background. Every always talks about how pretty she is but Otsi already was talking about her character. And those last three words melted her anxiety.

I like you

Adeline finally felt like she succeeded at something. She hardly was even engaging with her boyfriend because she was so hyper focused on Otsi. She wanted to please her. She wanted her to see that Adeline meant business and Kai was important to her. She had never met anyone's family before. And it felt so natural. Otsi was wonderful. She knew now why Kai loved her so much. She knew why she liked the person Kai was so much. Because of his aunt.

The evening continued with quiet chatter at dinner. Otsi finding many things to embarrass Kai about and make Adeline loosen up and laugh. Kai glared at his aunt and her tendency to overshare but he could never be annoyed or upset with her. She was amazing and she was definitely breaking down Adeline's icy exterior.

"Oh yes, and then I told him that our reservation had ghosts and not to be out late or the spirits would come collecting a soul." Otsi giggled to herself. Adeline laughed looking at Kai who face palmed. "I was 17 I did not believe her." He tried to argue.

"Oh yeah you didn't believe me until you can nearly screaming home with your tail tucked between your legs because you heard the whispers chasing you." She exposed him. "Yeah because you hired John and Reggie to mess with me." He accused her. All three of them laughed. "I did didn't I?"

"What else could I do to wrangle in a rebellious teenager? I had to instill some fear." Otsi giggled. "I wasn't thaaat bad." He argued.

"Oh Kai you were ridiculous your first year here." Otsi snapped back. Adeline continued to laugh at the two. "Adeline were you rebellious?" Otsi asked. Adeline adamantly shook her head no. "Oh no. I dotted my I's and crossed my T's." She insisted.

"I've converted her." Kai assured his aunt. Otsi scoffed. "Don't let this one get you into trouble. Did I ever tell you about how he used to purposely push my buttons?" Adeline looked at Kai and shook her head no.

"Oh boy he was still testing my love during these days to see how far he could push me away. And the final straw was when the little asshole crashed my car. I had to put an end to these games." Otsi glared at Kai who got a little red in the face.

Adeline's mouth dropped as she gentle hit his shoulder. "Kai!"

"I was just trying to see how unconditional her love was and I didn't mean to crash it!" He argued. He did use to test her. He was convinced she would give up and that this was a temporary fix for state money. That she just like his mother wouldn't want to put up with him.

Safe to say after getting his ass beat she loved on him so much he had to lower his defenses.

Adeline felt so happy hearing more about his upbringing. She noticed Kai never really talked much about it. Maybe he just needed his aunt around to loosen him up. "You were such a stickler back then I just had to mess with you to get you to ease up." She smiled softly at him. There was a slight adjustment in the atmosphere. A tenderness if you would.

Kai's eyes softened and he took her hand in his. "I know and I appreciate it." Adeline watched them interact. And oddly felt a pang of jealousy. This was the relationship she wanted with her mother. This deep connection, protection, and friendship. The way Otsi looked like she was the one who brought him into the world. And she never had him as a young child spoke volumes on her love for him. And Kai was just the same.

Adeline never had a mother figure. Well she did but it didn't last long and it wasn't her own. Kai was abandoned and had Otsi pick up the broken pieces of a young boy and make him a man who was loving and caring and honest. What did Amelie make her? A monster.

"Kai go wash the dishes for me? I want to show Adeline around." Otsi insisted. Kai looked to Adeline silently asking if she was comfortable with that. She kissed his cheek and rose to follow his aunt.

Otsi and her walked inside the house and around the outside. Adeline saw Kai's child hood room and all his things. It felt like a little peek in his head that he never let her get too close. Not that she really tried. Maybe she should try a little more. He had school pictures, baseball cards, a football helmet, a lot of music, she bet somewhere he even had had dirty magazines. Otsi was sure of it and continued to say she would find where he hid them. That made Adeline laugh.

She wondered if her first covers on sports illustrated were here.

"How do you like the place?" Otsi asked her. "I really like it." And she was honest. She learned more about Kai here than she had anywhere else. "Good, I hope to have you over more. You have exceeded my high expectations of you based on what Kai says." Adeline felt flustered at that response. She supposed that was a very good thing.

"You have also exceeded my high expectations. Kai talks about you a lot. He really wanted me to meet you. You mean so much to him, all you sacrificed when his mother left... it's very admirable." Adeline grinned back.

"He told you about my sister leaving him?" Otsi'tsa looked surprised. Adeline froze for a moment feeling as if she had stuck her foot in her mouth before she reluctantly nodded. "Yes... I'm sorry I should've asked if it was okay to mention it." She cringed at herself. Otsi shook her head with a soft expression. "No im just surprised he never talks about the woman I barely can get her name out of him anymore."

Adeline silently nodded continuing along with her. She didn't know what to think of that. "He must really like you." Otsi pushed a little more. Adeline shrugged carelessly but inside her stomach was tying knots. "I'm not that special." She brushed it aside. "How can a woman like you not think you're so special? You have such an interesting soul." Adeline lifted a brow. "Interesting? I could understand. I am not the nicest of people always." She gently admitted.

Adeline's old haughty personality was masking her immense insecurities. She had covered them with so much false confidence and cockiness that she didn't even comprehend she was a shell who was very sensitive. But recently she started to notice and she didn't know if that was good or bad.

Otsi shook her head. "But it's not a bad one dear. I can just tell you have more to your story than you let on. You care deeper than you let on. Kai talks about you a lot. And from what he has said I wouldn't have expected you to come to my home to bring me honor with my tongue and in gifts even if they were not what you were expecting. Not to say Kai has anything poor to say, but as you stated you are an acquired taste." Otsi winked at her. Adeline blushed again knowing Kai probably let it rip on her in the early days.

"You care about people in your own way. You care about me because you made such an effort to impress me and respect my culture. And you care so much more about my Kai." Otsi's eyes got glossy as she took Adeline's hands.

"You care so much about him. Does he know?" Otsi asked her. Adelines heart stopped for a moment. "D-does he know what?" She asked breathlessly. Otsi grinned. "Does he know you love him?" Adeline reared back a little gaping for words.

"I don't... I mean we.... We aren't that serious yet for such big words." Adeline fumbled through the emotions and her feelings. Otsi shook her head. "Oh sweet girl it is so obvious in how you look at him. And the little things you do for him. You are pretty unreadable I will give you that but it's the slight softenness and the lingering stares that made it so obvious for me." Otsi assured her. Adeline jumbled trying to find a solution to give her but she couldn't think of one. Did she love Kai? Already? Only 4 months in? That seemed a bit ridiculous. They had so much more to learn about each other.

"I want you do just one thing for me. I want you to look him in the eyes and see if you see what I see. That's all." Otsi nudged her. "What do you see?" Adeline asked eagerly making the older woman laugh. "Let's go inside. Kai is probably eager to known where I have stolen you."

Otsi walked ahead leaving Adeline to sit in thought.

What did she see?

________________

They left Otsi's before any of them got tipsy and passed out. The day went so much better than what she expected.

The car ride was pretty quiet for such a great date. Adeline didn't know what to make of that. Kai just played music and tapped his fingers on the wheel not saying much. Adeline didn't want to be the first to say anything. She was nervous still.

She hoped she hadn't overstepped tonight.

Her drive way and gate greeted them. Kai out in her code confidently and the gates opened allowing them in. Adeline waited as he parked the car and was slightly confused when he turned it off.

He got out and went to her door and opened it. Adeline wearily walked out still in silence as they walked to the door. She assumed he wanted to walk her to the door?

They made it there and Adeline turned to face him quizzically once she unlocked her door. "Did I do something wrong because you haven't said anything-"

She was interrupted when Kai's hands cupped her cheeks and his mouth slanted over hers.

She froze subconsciously moving her lips with his even though she was in shock. Slowly she dissolved into his touch and moved close to him. She barely had time to process because Kai opened the door himself without separating their lips and pushed her and himself inside closing it behind him.

To or to not continue it next chapter🤔

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

I Promise By abby

Teen Fiction

109K 4.2K 39
"I do not dance. It's not for people like me." I said as I looked at the wall behind him trying my best to avoid any hint of agreement in his eyes. "...
789 50 41
At 24 years old, Audrey is slowly achieving her dreams. A teacher, working in a challenging, rough-around-the-edges high school, every day is differ...
133K 5.7K 49
"What's Rae short for?" He continued before tossing his friend the keys to his car. When he unlocked it she noticed the matte black Trackhawk was in...
191K 6.5K 31
...I see beauty in everything you do Kimberly Grant... Kimberly was a 18 year old girl, she loves art and sees beauty in everything..She think posit...