Broken Soul

By YourLocalBookworm57

Izuku Midoriya has always dreamt of being a hero, even with the absence of a quirk. But, when the Symbol Of P... More

Author Notes (Important)
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Epilogue

Chapter 23

191 11 66
By YourLocalBookworm57

He knocked on the door, using the specific pattern he and Tomura had created after the first attack on U.A.

Knock.

Knock.

Knock. Knock.

Knock.

"Do you not have a key?" Aizawa asked, curious as they awaited an answer from inside the building.

He shook his head. "All For One never trusted me with one. I don't know why, but I think he knew I'd get caught eventually."

You poor, poor thing. Told even by the Symbol Of Peace that your dreams cannot become a reality.

Come with me, and I could create a new reality for the both of us. I could give you everything you need, even a quirk to make your own.

Yes, quirks. These will help you on your path to becoming a villain.

That second quirk I gave him is basically useless. How can he fight for me with a quirk like that?

Izuku, I would like you to meet my accomplice. Tomura, this is Izuku, who you will work alongside to complete our goal.

We have to, Deku. As villains, that's mainly our goal. Killing marks our point, shows them we're serious. This would also show society that 'useless Deku' isn't useless anymore, wouldn't it?

You do want some revenge, don't you?

If you got revenge, it would show society that you aren't that defenseless, quirkless kid anymore.

No one helped you back then. But, I did and look where at you are now. You have two quirks, you have people who care about you, you have more than you did before.

I saved you from the discriminative, degrading society we live in and now look at where you are.

"Midoriya?" Aizawa put his hand on his shoulder.

Izuku blinked several times before looking up at the pro. "Hm?"

"You zoned out." he explained. "You seemed to be deep in thought. What were you thinking about?"

"Oh! Um--" he started, unsure of what to say. He took a deep breath as he fidgeted with his hands nervously, "I was just thinking about All For One.. I mean, I really did look up to him as if he were some sort of father figure. So, to find out he was manipulating me this whole time is..." he trailed off, looking at the ground.

Shota bent down to Izuku's level. "Problem child, if you ever want to talk about," he made some weird movements with his hands, "this, I'm always available."

"Th-thanks, Mr Aizawa.." he whispered, almost inaudible to the hero's ears.

I've never had someone be this kind to me.. am I dreaming?

The door opened. They both snapped their heads towards the sound to be greeted with a familiar sight. Purple mist, yellow eyes..

"Kurogiri!" Midoriya jumped up towards the villain, wrapping his arms around him as he began to hug him.

Kurogiri ruffled his hair, or at least attempted to. "Hello, Izuku."

"Is Tomu here? And Himi? And Dabi?" he questioned, one name after the other.

The mist villain laughed. "Yes, yes, they're inside Izuku."

Midoriya let go of the man, instead almost running over to Tomura. Until, he realised something.

"Mr Aizawa? Are you coming too?" Shota began to walk through when Kurogiri stopped him. "Kuro, he's okay to come." he confirmed.

"Are you sure, Izuku?"

He nodded. "He's the one who allowed me to come, after all!"

The mist villain let Aizawa follow Izuku through, shutting the door after the two before following them.

They entered the main room to see the league, well, most of them. Muscular wasn't here (which Izuku was internally joyous about) and Mustard was missing too. Oh, and that new recruit. What was his name? Spinny? Spinyer? Oh! Spinner. Yeah, he was missing. But, the rest were here.

Tomura was leaning against one of the near walls, seemingly zoned out. Toga, Twice and Magne were playing.. Monopoly. Well, this was bound to end badly. Dabi had just walked into the room, holding a mug with a hot liquid, as Izuku could tell by the steam exiting the cup. Mr Compress was reading a book on one of the armchairs in the small room, his mask resting on the armrest itself.

Izuku ran towards Shigaraki, jumping onto his back without hesitation.

"Toga?!" he shouted. "Is that you again?!"

Midoriya giggled as he placed himself back on the floor, just behind Tomura. He looked around, noticing they were all looking at the greenette. Himiko was about to say something, but he put a finger to his lips, insisting she stay quiet.

"Wait.. I know that laugh.." Tomura turned around, smiling almost immediately as he noticed his little brother behind him. Izuku hugged him, wrapping his arms around him quite tightly. Shigaraki slowly returned the hug, ruffling his hair in the process, "where've you been, Izuku?"

"I was caught.." he replied, voice muffled by the clothing, "but, I stay in U.A now and Mr Aizawa takes really good care of me!" he reassured before he remembered what he needed to talk about. "And.. um.. there's something you.. need to know.."

Izuku looked up at him as Shigaraki began to caress his hair. "What is it, Zuku?"

Midoriya smiled at the new nickname as he separated from the hug. "I.. don't know how to explain this but um--" he looked down at the ground, "All For One has been lying.. to us.."

"That.. that can't be true!" he exclaimed, eyes wide as he tried to make sense of the situation. "No, no, he's.. he saved us!" he looked down at Izuku's disheartened expression. "Right?"

"Ai-Aizawa?" he looked towards the ravenette leaning on the doorframe. "Can you show Tomu that video thing?"

He nodded, standing up from his comfortable position as he walked over to the two. He scrolled through his 'most recently downloaded' file and found the footage before showing the blue-headed villain.

All For One and All Might stood on the battle field. He was in his small form which was unusual. He had blood spilling from his head, making Tomura think he'd gotten a pretty bad blow to the head during the fight. Well, the scattered debris said it all.

The potato-headed man put his arms out wide. "What a pathetic 'top hero'!" he put his arms down, his voice sounding weird with that black mask thing on.

"Even if you try to expose that form," he put his fist in front of his chest, "my heart will remain that of the Symbol Of Peace! It is not something that you can steal even a single piece of!"

All For One stood unfazed. "You know, Tomura Shigaraki is Nana Shimura's grandson!"

"Lies.."

"It's the truth!" he emphasised. "You know Izuku Midoriya, right?"

All Might stood stock still. "What did you do..?"

"I told him the truth of this terrible society!"

"No.."

He chuckled. "Yes! I groomed both Tomura and Izuku to hate heroes! And now, they are merely playing pieces I need to move on a chess board to win." All Might stood with a frown. "Where's your smile?"

The Symbol Of Peace's hands shook, until soon, his whole body shook. He seemed to be fazed, until his right arm began to inflate. He muttered an incoherent phrase before saying, "That's why I won't lose!"

All For One floated into the sky, rolling his eyes in annoyance. All Might also.. floated? He rose as he powered up the strength in his arm.

Endeavour seemed outraged. "What is that form of yours, All Might?!"

The potato-headed man held his left arm out. "As expected of the man who climbed his way to the number two spot."

He stopped the video early, not bothering to continue the footage when the villain had already heard the most important part.

Tomura was silent. He couldn't fathom what was happening. What had gone wrong? All For One had sworn to never lie to him. He had saved Shigaraki from the horrible society for fifteen years. Fifteen years.

Where had things gone wrong?

Izuku began to hug him again as he whispered out a small question, choking on a sob as he spoke, "Father.. lied to me?.."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.2K 1.4K 14
What if Izuku was All For One's son? What if he never met All Might? And what if he had something to do with the Nomu? Read to find out! Updates whe...
14.8K 1.7K 18
My happiness a fanfiction Here all the contents are only my imagination, not to hurt anybody
58.7K 2.4K 34
What if Deku stayed longer on the roof? What if he never saved Bakugo? What if he decides to become a inventor instead but gets thrown into vigilanti...
90.9K 3K 27
The first chapter is dedicated to the changes I've implemented, this was inspired by a "Deku? I think he's some pro hero...". You should definitely s...