Love & Acceptance

By Kat10155

Y/n has lived a rough life, getting rejected and dumped by every guy she's dated. All because of her special... More

Prologue
Ch. 1
Ch. 2
Ch. 3
Ch. 4
Ch. 5
Ch. 6
Ch. 7
Ch. 8
Ch. 9
Ch. 10
Ch. 11
Ch. 12
Ch. 13
Ch. 14
Ch. 15
Ch. 16
Ch. 17
Ch. 18
Ch. 19
Ch. 20
Ch. 21
Ch. 22
Ch. 23
Ch. 24
Ch. 25
Ch. 26
Ch. 27
Ch. 28
Ch. 29
Ch. 30
Ch. 31
Ch. 32
Ch. 33
Ch. 34
Ch. 35
Ch. 36
Ch. 37
Ch. 38
Ch. 39
Ch. 40
Ch. 41
Ch. 42
Ch. 44

Ch. 43

1.1K 42 5
By Kat10155

If you can't wait to be an adult, trust me, it's a pain. Just enjoy your sweet sweet life now y'all, and I'm so very sorry for the wait. Please read the authors note at the end of this chapter to be updated on stuff!

Y/n's POV:

"What's this show called again?" Jasmine asks, her face twisted in a confused fashion.

"I don't know, it's just something I turned on for background noise while I cleaned the kitchen"

I reach back into the bubbly sink, pulling out another plate and proceed to scrub it like it's no one's business. I hear the tv turn off and Jasmine making her way over to me.

"Girl, who shit in your Cheerios?" She asks.

"Pardon?" I pause to make eye contact with her, confused by her question, our roles reversed.

"You clean this kitchen any longer and your arms are gonna fall off" she states.

I didn't realize how long I'd been cleaning, I started after receiving a text from Ariana. She said she wanted to talk and of course my brain went straight into overthinking, thus I started stress cleaning. However, that was apparently almost four hours ago.

"M-My bad, I got a text from Ariana when I got home that she wants to talk and you know how my brain works" Jasmine nods in agreement.

"So what does she want to talk about?" She asks.

"I'm not sure, she didn't say. But I can only imagine it's about us" I undo the sink drain, letting the water empty as I take off my gloves.

*ding-dong!*

Our doorbell goes off and I feel my heart beat increase drastically. As far as I know, Jasmine wasn't planning on any company, so that leaves only one person.

"Well I'm pretty sure you're about to find out. Try not to freak out, I'm sure it's nothing bad" Jasmine says before walking back towards her room.

"That's what everyone says, way to jinx it Jazz!" I holler, before taking a deep breath and opening the door to see familiar brown eyes.

"Hey" she says with a small smile.

Lord help me, why did you have to make this little Angel so cute.

"H-Hi" I say awkwardly, as if we aren't even going out.

She giggles at my shyness and makes her way inside.

"Would you like anything to drink or?" I ask her.

"No I'm good" she says, while proceeding to remove her jacket and take a seat on the couch.

I quickly join her, not wanting this weird aura to last any longer than it needs too.

"So, what did you want to talk about?" I didn't think my heart could beat any louder in my ears but here we are.

"Well first-" she takes my hands in hers and our eyes meet.

"-breath" she says.

"What?"

"You're pale as a ghost Y/n, you need to relax. I'm not here to break up with you or anything." She says.

"Oh thank god" I feel all my anxiety leave and relief wash over me.

"Quite the opposite actually" she says, looking nervous. I lift an eyebrow in question of her words.

"Well I had a bit of an argument with Courtney earlier today"

"You fought? About what?" I ask.

I see her face turn a light shade of red and she looks towards the floor.

"It wasn't about what but more about why...you see I couldn't stop thinking about you and that photo you sent me this morning. So much so that I apparently zoned out for all of lunch. Courtney got upset with me, accusing me of hiding something, and one thing lead to another and I ended up being nasty to her when she wouldn't drop the subject. I wanted to tell her but I didn't know where we stood on the whole telling our friends about our relationship thing" She explained.

I think I understand where she's going with this. Does it scare me, fuck yes, but we're already being super low profile so that the media and others don't catch onto our relationship. I can't ask her to keep us a secret from everyone for forever.

"So I take it you wanna tell your friends about us?"

"Y-Yeah, I know you want to take things slow but I don't have anyone in my corner like you do with Jasmine. I have Victoria but she's not here with me and is hard to get ahold of. Plus, I really like you and if I can't scream it to the world, I'd at least like to share it with a few of my close trusted friends" she says.

The fact that she cared so much to get into an argument and lie to someone like Courtney, just makes my stomach fill with butterflies. I remove one of my hands from hers and cup her face.

"Ari, of course you can tell some of your friends, I'm not a control freak. I just-I don't want others prying into our lives that have no right to be, at least not just yet"

She looks at me baffled.

"A-Are you sure? I knew you'd probably be okay with one or two people but like everyone?!"

"Okay let me rephrase it, I'm okay with you telling your close friends and co-workers. Maybe we keep our families out of it for just a tiny bit longer? I'm not sure I'm ready to face them yet" the thought of having to meet her family and impressing them scares the ever living crap out of me. I've never had good interactions with that in the past.

"Deal, I can live with that" she says.

I let out a breath of air I didn't know I was holding in and Ariana laughs.

"You really do overthink a lot huh?" Shes says, leaning her tiny body back onto my chest, making herself more comfortable.

"Hey I warned you of this-"

"Yeah I remember. I just think it's kinda cute how I can get you so worked up over something like this"

"Well please don't make a habit of it, I don't think my blood pressure can handle it" I say, while wrapping my arms around her tiny frame.

"I'll do my best, can't have you croaking on me now can I" she questions and I'm about to respond when a voice from another room interrupts.

"You better not! I won't be able to afford rent without her!" Jasmine yells, making Ariana burst into laughter.

"DO YOU MIND WE WERE HAVING A PRIVATE CONVERSATION!" I yell back.

"Girl if you wanted privacy you should have chosen your room!" She replies.

"Will you excuse me for a moment, I need to go beat up my best friend" I start to get up but am quickly pulled back down.

"Y/n don't worry about her, she's not worth it anyway. Right Jasmine?!" Ariana says.

"Damn Ari, that hurts! Okay, you guys win, enjoy your sappy chatting!" Jasmine yells back.

I shake my head in disbelief of my friend and get comfortable again on the couch with Ariana. It's not long before we both end up asleep in each other's arms. I mean who can blame us, we both had quite the day.

To Be Continued...

Author note:

I can't make any promises that this or other books will ever finish, I've gotten out of touch with everything in Ariana's life, making it that much harder to write. But when I get the urge to write I might update. I had so many plans for this book, but I wrote myself into burnout and then my life got complicated with mental health, family problems, and full time adult jobs. If I ever write enough for this story, it will probably end up a lot shorter than I planned, but I'll do my best not to rush it, however that means it could take me months to years to finish. Overall, I hope this story and others have been worth your time and gave you an evening of enjoyment at the very least!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.4K 625 37
"If you run away, then I will chase after you and lock you away, so you have to love me." ~ Ariana ~In which an innocent high school love develops in...
1.1M 43.9K 35
I was only 7 when I met her, but we had an instant connection. We were inseperable. She was always happy and joyful around me, but me on the other ha...
21.9K 519 30
Rainbow Dash, 15. Just your average cocky athletic teen. Only cares about Friends, her family, Sports, grades and that's pretty much it. She isn't on...
217K 5.6K 54
Ariana grande is starting her sweetener world tour and is in need of a few dancers , what happens when she falls for one ? Y/n is a dancer and is re...