Our Game

By kindaAjilime

Trying to break free from the lives they've been forced into, Athena and Marco are two worlds apart but can t... More

Author's Note
Characters
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31

4

6 0 0
By kindaAjilime

According to Alexander, I've been here for two months. During that time I've become accustomed to the fact that I'm going to have to kill somebody. When I started out, I was terrified but Tess told me that it's kill or be killed and I don't have a choice.

Stefano finally granted me permission to freely walk around the building, or at least this level of the building. On one of the many nights where I found it hard to sleep, I walked over to the gym to train, but when I arrived I wasn't the only one there.

Marco was doing some form of a workout circuit, I'd seen him workout before but something about the low light made it hard to take my eyes off of him. I've been told that Mateo and Marco don't live here and that at their mansion they both have their own personal quarters but yet they still prefer to train with the other soldiers.

Diego and Alex also don't live here but it's hard to gather information when you can't ask any questions. What I do know is that Tess and Cass live on the same level as me. Once, Tess took me back to the room (which she shared with Cass) and I had to bite my tongue to prevent tears from escaping my eyes. Unlike me, they're room was fully furnished and completely livable whereas I lived in what was once a storge cupboard for towels.

"What are you doing here" He had said that night

I shrugged and pulled out my notepad to write something.

"Don't even bother with me right now, unlike the others I don't accept your ignorant
attempt of communication" He spat

Shocked, I glared back at him.

"You look better when you smile" He tempted "but I could get used to this look"

"You're fucking repulsive" I handed him the writing and walked back out to get as far away as I can from him.

Either way, my progress has been steady enough that I've been allowed to go on my first mission.

"Ready to go?" Cassandra questioned

"What's the stats for the mission" I write

"Tess will be on comms with Ray from the communications department. He's mapped out the place for us so we know where to go. Alexander will be there too since we need a sniper and I'll have a bunch of randoms on the team just to increase the numbers." She explains whilst scrolling through the data on her tablet.

"What's taking you guys so long, the team's waiting for us in the vans. Chop chop let's go" Alexander grabs my arm and drags me out.

He takes us to an elevator which I've never seen before and presses the button for the ground level floor. For the first time in 2 months I see light coming from the windows of the garage. Multiple vehicles ranging from all models and types are neatly parked through the garage. Ahead I spot two black vans being prepped to leave, Cass has run ahead to talk to the team so lucky me is stuck with Alex.

"Try not to worry too much about Cass. She acts like she has a stick up her ass when it comes to these raids. Just stick to what you know and don't let her get to your head. I've seen you train and trust me you've progressed rapidly" He offers a comforting smile.

"I doubt today will be that tough though. Cass will act as your guard to direct you around since you're only job is to assassinate the artillery supplier." He pokes his tongue into his cheek, "the first few hits are the worst, but as long as you don't murder someone who was innocent, the idea of killing a criminal isn't too bad"

I look at his with a confused look. How can a criminal compare his actions to another criminal's and claim it to be not as bad. We are in an industry where no one is innocent and no one deserves any mercy.

"I know what you're thinking. But unlike the guy with a bounty on his head today, I didn't choose this life. He had a choice and I didn't, most of the people you'll meet in this mafia were born into the cycle and there's only one way to escape it which is quite.....permanent" Alex's tone has an edge to it as if there's more that he wants to say.

"Enough with the chit chat lets go we're running on a schedule and you need to be there by 9am" A tall guy with cropped coiled hair and dark skin says.

"Athena, meet Ray. He's not usually this grumpy, he probably just hasn't had his morning coffee" Alex explains

"Or a good night's fucking sleep, I've been up all night mapping out the area because my fucking hacking  team fucked it all up" He gestured with his hands.

"This is why you're behind the screens and we're out there, can't have anyone with your witty temper" Alex patted him on the back

"Alright team, we're all good to go. Everything's been checked, now we're just waiting for Athena and Alex" Cass said bluntly.

————————————————————————
So I'm definitely not in Florida anymore. Judging by the signs and change in scenery this is definitely New York.

"We've got drones surrounding the area. Callum, you and Zara will enter first to check if everything is clear. Alex and Ryan, you guys are on the drugs. I've sent the blueprints to both of you guys, you're navigation in your earpieces will show you where to go. Athena will come with me. Alright ladies, let's go" Cass explained before opening the building.

"We've blocked out all of the cameras, you've got a total of 36 minutes to get in and out of there before they send for backup. No radio singles can get in or out of the area except for ours so do not lose your earpieces or so help me God" Ray explained over the mic.

Callum and Zara nodded at each other before then running over to the side of the building. Within a matter of seconds they had knocked down the door and 3 gunshots were heard.

"3 guards down" Zara noted

"Alex, Ryan, that's your cue." Cass signalled

Faster than their two previous team members, the boys ran out to another side of the building before then opening a hatch and going in it to get to the bottom levels.

"Just hit another 4 soldiers" Callum explained, it was obvious he was running due to the short breathes in between his words.

"That's our signal to go" Cass ran out the van causing me to follow suite.

"Alright there's a ladder on the west side of the building, the drones show that there's 7 soldiers patrolling on top but we can take them."

As soon as she got to the top, Cassandra fired 4 bullets and 3 thumps to the ground followed with them.

As she turned around to help me up I noticed someone running towards her with a gun aimed and I quickly shot back at them 3 times, adrenaline rushing through my whole body as my eyes widened to see the damage I'd done.

"Good, never turn your back to the targets" She said quickly.

Pushing myself up onto my feet I checked the drone cameras on my wrist watch and ran to the exit door where 3 soldiers were trying to escape.

1,2,3. Like dominos, all 3 soldiers fell to the floor with a thump. Cass caught up to me and used her torch to open the building.

"We just hit 7 up here" Cass counted

"Alex, have you guys found the loot?" Zara asked

"We've got it. Working on how to get rid of it all now." He explained

"You guys, I've just gotten intel that Nicholas Rodriguez is on his way for an inspection. I don't know how but you're going to have to get rid of all the evidence now. You'be got 4 minutes before he arrives" Ray panicky

"Fuck me dead" Cass cursed, "We can do both. I've sent you the data for where the manager of
this asset is, his name is Antonio Santiago. This is a Spanish mafia base so expect the worse and the worse only." She explained before running back down to the van.

Checking the map I run to the other end of the building and down a flight of stairs. The yellow lights and black tiles fuel my fear as I sprint down the halls to find him.

Emerging out of his office, is the man who matches up exactly with the man on my screen. Throwing myself onto him and pinning him against the wall I point the arrow at him ready to pull the trigger.

"Athena, let's go" Alex yells

I snap my head towards him and shake my head.

"Leave him, he'll die anyways. Cass has set up explosives to blow up the building. We don't have long to get out of here." He yells again

What great timing. I shove Antonio and run after Alex, he takes a different route to the one I took but within a minute we're out the building.

"Move it before you're blown to bits" Cass bites

The blow of the explosion shoots us towards the van. Callum and Ryan drag us inside and close the door just as quick so that we can leave before Nicholas arrives.

"What the fuck was that?" Alex yells

"I had no choice" Cassandra yells back, "it was either that or you would have been still stuck in there"

"We barely got any of the drugs!" He yells

"Who gives a shit, we were going to dispose of them either way" She rubs her forehead.

Still panting I zone out of their conversation.

Zara raises her eyebrows at me, "You'll get used to their bickering eventually"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.9K 426 14
⚠️under construction!⚠️ π–π€π‘ππˆππ† π“π‡πˆπ’ π’π“πŽπ‘π˜ π‚πŽππ“π€πˆππ’: strong language, mature scenes, abuse, and drugs. ***** "Marco where is...
513K 13.7K 35
I woke up because I felt something on my throat making it hard for me to breath, I look up to see Leonardo is looking down at me while smirking, his...
768K 13.2K 55
"Hate the sin, love the sinner." ********************************* Athena Diana Thea Knight Romano, Ares Hades Knight Romano & Apollo Daniel Knight R...
2.4M 40.9K 23
"Darkness can't drive out darkness, only light can do that." ............................. He was invisible, ambitious, a cold-hearted murderer who w...