Arrow: The Broken Hood

By young-warrior120

Patrick Queen was savoring a romantic date with his girlfriend, Laurel Lance, with life finally on an upswing... More

OC Info
Prolouge
An Alliance
The Candidate
Beyond Redemption
Repenting
Dark Waters

Blood Debts

323 12 4
By young-warrior120

Blood Debts

STARLING CITY

3 YEARS AGO

"Oliver Queen is alive"

Those words hit Patrick like he had been struck by lightning.

Patrick and Laurel had just finished a movie date at Laurel's house after 3 years of being together, when he got a call from his mother, who said to check the TV.

Now he was rushing home in his car.

QUEEN MANSION

Patrick barged into the house and looked around in a frenzy and finally saw his brother hugging Thea. Oliver looked down and smiled at Patrick and looked down.

STAR CITY ROOF

PRESENT DAY

Projectile and Black Canary were on a roof top beating up some Ghost. They left one awake. Projectile grabbed him by the neck and broke his arm with Black Canary by his side and lifted him up.

Crimson Projectile: (he spoke in a deep and intimidating voice) if you enjoy having functional arms, I suggest you tell us where Darhk is. WHERE IS HE?!?

Black Canary: (she put a hand on his shoulder) Projectile!

Before anything else could happen the Ghost bit down on his teeth and electricity shot through the Ghost's body, rendering his body lifeless.

Crimson Projectile: Damn it!

ARROW CAVE

Patrick and Laurel were in the elevator heading down to the base, Patrick trying not to meet his girlfriend's eyes.

Laurel: Patrick, we need to talk about what just happened.

Patrick: I just interrogated a Ghost. What of it?

Laurel: Patrick, you broke his arm.

Patrick: so?

The elevator doors opened, revealing the base to be empty.

Patrick: Oliver and Dig must've gone on patrol.

Laurel: we're not going to gloss over this. You're starting to sound a lot like Red Hood.

Patrick: Maybe the city needs Red Hood. (Laurel's eyes went wide) If I was still in charge of the Militia, Felicity wouldn't be in the hospital.

Laurel: and you wouldn't be with us. You'd still be trying to kill Ollie. Patrick (she put a hand on his shoulder) don't put what's happening to Felicity on you. It isn't your fault.

Patrick said nothing for a bit, worrying Laurel.

Patrick: We should go visit her before the surgery.

Laurel nodded but was nevertheless worried about him.

STAR CITY HOSPITAL

Laurel and Patrick both walked down the hall and saw Diggle and Thea talking to a blond woman who had tear in her eyes. They noticed the couple approaching.

Patrick: (he turned to the blond woman) I don't believe we met.

Donna: I'm Donna, Felicity's mother.

Patrick: nice to meet you. How is she?

Donna: (she wiped some of her tears) they just finished prepping her.

Laurel: Sorry we didn't get to see her.

Patrick: (he turned to Diggle) where's Oliver?

Diggle: out.

Patrick: (he rolled his eye in annoyance) of course he is.

Patrick's phone went off, he checked it and his face darkened.

Laurel: you, okay?

Patrick: (he turned to Laurel) I have to go.

Before Laurel could question him, he rushed out confusing the group.

ROOFTOP

STAR CITY

Projectile kneeled on the edge of a rooftop, waiting, when he suddenly heard a scream from below him. He jumped down and saw 5 thugs surrounding a 16-year-old girl, one holding a knife. The girl back up as Projectile leaped between her and the thugs.

Crimson Projectile: does it really take this many people to rob a teenager?

One thug charged Projectile, but the vigilante fired a non-lethal round into his shoulder. Another two charged from behind but the vigilante round house kicked them to the ground. The remaining two started running but suddenly another figure jumped down from the shadows and knocked them out. Patrick faced the woman with an orange and blue mask, silver hair that dragged to her shoulders. The mask had one eye hole and exposed her mouth. The victim ran away.

Patrick: good to see you, Rose.

Rose: we need to talk.

They jumped to the rooftop and took off their masks.

Rose: Black Mask is in Star City.

Patrick: So, you've said-

Laurel: who's Black Mask?

The two spun to watch Laurel Lance who was in her Black Canary attire, step out of the shadows. Rose drew her sword, but Patrick put a hand in front of her.

Patrick: It's okay Rose, she's a friend. Laurel, what are you doing here?

Laurel: to tell you we have a lead on Darhk. (She turned to Rose) who's this?

Patrick: (he sighed) Meet Rose Wilson.

Laurel: As-as in-

Rose: Slade Wilson's daughter yes.

Patrick: we met when I was the Red Hood.

Laurel: Who's Black Mask?

Patrick: crime lord. He controls most of Gotham, Coast, and Star.

Rose: he's currently held up in Star City. I was just here to tell Patrick. I'll be leaving now.

Patrick: Rose, the offer still stands.

Rose thought for a moment but said nothing then jumped off the roof grappling away.

PATRICK AND LARUEL'S APARTMENT

Patrick and Laurel walked into their shared apartment. Laurel was giving her boyfriend a worried look that he could feel from the back of his head.

Patrick: she saved me when I was insane from the pit. She's a good person, trying to atone for her father's sins.

Laurel: (softly) what happened to you in that warehouse?

Patrick bit his lower lip. He felt Laurel's hand on his back causing him to spin around in terror. Laurel gave her lover a sad expression.

Laurel: Patrick, you died. There's no number of thugs you can beat that'll make that okay. It's clear you've got PTSD. You need help.

Patrick: and I'll get it-

Laurel: we'll go after Black Mask, after that, you're going to talk to me and Oliver about what happened there. Understand?

Patrick: (he sighed heavily) okay.

NIGHTCLUB

Crimson Projectile and Black Canary sat on a rooftop overlooking the entrance to Black Mask's nightclub.

Black Canary: you sure he's here?

Crimson Projectile: I trust Rose.

Laurel sighed and looked back down and saw a man in a white tux and a black skull mask walking out.

Crimson Projectile: there you are.

Projectile and Canary jumped doing and made quick work of his bodyguards. Projectile turned to Sionis and was about to throw a punch at the crime lord when he heard a scream of anguish behind him.

He spun and saw a Militia commander holding a bloody knife to Black Canary's throat. She had blood coming down her right shoulder from a stab wound and her Canary Cry was deactivated. More Militia came out of the club and aimed at Projectile.

Crimson Projectile: Let her go!

Black Mask chuckled and stood up.

Black Mask: Relax boys. He won't hurt us as long as we have the lady (he walked up to Canary and grabbed her chin, causing her to shake her head and Crimson to growl) unfortunately sweetheart, your boyfriend owes me a blood debt. Luckily for him, you can pay it for him.

Crimson ran towards Black Mask but was knocked out by another Militia. Black Mask smiled.

Black Mask: load the Black Bird in the limo. You all know where to take her.

Two Militia dragged her towards the limo and threw her in the back. She struggled but due to her shoulder, couldn't put up much of a fight. Black Mask kneeled next to the unconscious Crimson Projectile.

Black Mask: don't worry buddy, I'll take good care of her.

ARROW CAVE

Patrick shot up in the medical bed.

Patrick: Laurel!

Oliver: (he held Patrick down) Patrick, calm down!

Patrick: He took her, Ollie, he took her...

Oliver: It's okay. We'll find her.

Patrick: Ollie, he had Militia, he's with Darhk-

Oliver: we know. John and Thea are on their way.

The elevator opened, Diggle and Thea walked in.

Thea: is it true?

Oliver: yes.

Thea: Oh god...

Patrick: I don't think Darhk approved or will approve of Black Mask taking Laurel. Black Mask has a vendetta against me.

Oliver: Why?

Patrick: I've been a thorn in his side when I first became the Red Hood. (He threw a glass cup on the desk) he took Laurel because of me!

Oliver: This isn't your fault Pat. We'll find her. I promise.

UNKNOWN LOCATION

Laurel felt water splash on her face. She was hung up from her arms. Her suit had been discarded and she was left in a sports bra and shorts. She saw Black Mask in front of her.

Black Mask: oh, this is rich. (He drew a knife) D.A Laurel Lance is the Black Canary.

Laurel: my team will find me-

Black Mask: oh, I know sweetheart. But it won't be you they'll find.

The door behind him opened two men in black masks walked in with a briefcase. Laurel stared at the brief case in terror. Once the case was opened, she started to tug at the chains at Black Mask raised a crowbar in front of her face.

Black Mask: Blindfold her.

The two men grabbed a rag and draped it over her eyes leaving her in darkness. Black Mask raised the crowbar and struck her stomach causing her to yelp.

Black Mask: your still boyfriend still owes me that blood debt sweetheart. And you'll fill it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.9K 398 13
When Oliver and Felicity spend the night together, everything changes. Oliver pushes Felicity away after wards. He's got his reasons, and she's got h...
307K 6.8K 23
"So, no matter what you need me for, no matter who or what you're facing, I will not let you down." ~ Oliver Queen, "One Call Away" Three months afte...
16K 325 28
Following the events surrounding Sara's death and his uneasy return, Oliver Queen soon discovers that another vigilante has set his sights on purging...
7K 67 11
Oliver knew it wouldn't be long before the team found out about his relationship with Nyssa. But he figured since the Assassin only came around when...