Chase's Sister

By AidanZabiniMalfoy

It's time for another year at Pacific Coast Academy. Things are different this year though. Chase's twin sist... More

Chrissy
Day 1
When things get messy
Things get fixed/Spring Break
Back to PCA
PCA Year Two
When things break...others get fixed
The Secret Starts
Spring Break
PCA Formal

Family Ties Broken

132 4 0
By AidanZabiniMalfoy

I woke up to the sound of a phone ringing. I got up to see if it was mine. It wasn't, it was Chase's. I saw the caller as 'Mom.' I shook Chase awake. I showed him his phone. He answered.

"Hey mom. What's up?" he said. He looked surprised. "What do you mean you're at PCA?...Yeah mom she's here too...Okay okay give us a minute we'll come meet you."

"Mom's here?" I asked.

"Yeah, and she's mad. She tried to call you a few times and then me and then she texted me a bunch." Chase said. We woke the others up and told them we had to go. I ran back to my room and pulled on a pair of jeans, a sports bra, a black cropped tank top, and a pair of sandals. Chase and I ran to the quad. I pulled my hair into a ponytail. We saw our mom. We walked over to her.

"There you guys are finally" my mom said. "Oh, Chrissy what have you done to your hair?"

"Sorry. We were sleeping. And thanks mom, I thought it looked nice too." I said.

"It's noon!" My mom yelled.

"We had a dance last night. We were up late" Chase said.

"Where is there to eat around here?" She asked. We took her over to the sushi place we all sat down.

"Mom why are you here?" I asked.

"I wanted to see you guys" she said. "Also, Chrissy I don't think this place is a good fit for you. There's still room at that other school."

"No mom. I love it here. This place has been great for me" I said.

"It really has. She's doing great at school. She's got so many friends" Chase said. My mom dropped the topic.

"So, are you guys dating anyone?" My mom asked. I stayed quiet.

"No. Not seeing anyone." Chase said.

"Chrissy?" My mom asked. I knew I couldn't lie.

"Yes" I said.

"Yes, as in your dating someone or were you just responding to your name?" My mom asked.

"The first one" I said.

"What's his name?" my mom asked.

"Logan" I said.

"That's funny don't you have a friend and roommate named Logan? The boy with the weird hair and who doesn't wear sleeves on his shirts?" My mom asked Chase.

"Yeah, that's the one" Chase said.

"Wait, what do you mean the one?" My mom asked.
"That's who I'm dating" I said. My mom stayed quiet. Once we were done eating, we left sushi rox. When we walked outside my mom walked us to the sidewalk, there was a man there.

"Kids this is my new husband. He's here to help me take Chrissy home" my mom said. I backed up.

"What do you mean?" I asked. I tried to back up but he stopped me.

"I don't like what I'm seeing. The hair, the wardrobe, the attitude, now the boy. I think your father has been a bad influence on you." My mom said. Her husband opened the car door. "Get in. We'll get your stuff."

"No" I said. I looked and tried to figure out where I could run.

"Mom you can't just show up and take her. Dad is her legal guardian now" Chase said. "This is kidnapping."

"Oh don't be so dramatic Chase" my mom said.

"Chase call dad then Logan. Tell Logan to meet me at the beach, okay?" Chase nodded and pulled out his phone. Chase distracted them by throwing something. As they turned around, I took off running. I made sure to sprint as fast as I could. I knew I needed to hide before I could get to the beach. I found some trees and plants that were over grown. I hid in them. I saw my mom and her husband run by. They looked confused and doubled back to the car. I quietly got out of the plants and ran to the beach. Logan was already there. I ran to him and jumped on him. He caught me.

"Woah, what's wrong? Chase sounded freaked out on the phone" he said. He put me down.

"My mom is trying to take me" I said.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"She showed up, took us to lunch, acted nice. Only to have her husband show up to take me away because apparently, she doesn't like what she sees" I said. Logan held me tighter. "Logan I'm scared."

"I won't let her hurt you or take you, okay?" Logan said. I nodded. I felt my phone vibrating, I saw it was Chase calling.

"Hey" I answered. I could hear him out of breath.

"Incoming to the beach. They're coming in hot. The rest of us are on our way" Chase said. I hung up.

"They're coming" I said. "Hey if this all turns out bad. I love you. Okay?"

"I love you too. I'm not letting her near you" he said. I saw her coming.

"Chrissy!" my mom yelled. Logan stood in front of me. I told Logan about the abuse my mom had put onto me. "Step aside."

"Absolutely not" Logan said. Before anything else was said my mom's new husband grabbed Logan and pulled him away. My mom grabbed my arms I dug my heels into the sand and let myself fall.

"Okay you want to do this the hard way?" My mom said. She tried to grab my ankles and I kicked her away. She ran forward and kicked me in the stomach. The pain paralyzed me.

"Get off her!" Logan yelled. My mom's husband held him tighter. My mom grabbed my ankles and dragged me across the sand. I was getting cut by shells and rocks. I could see blood in the sand from my arms. I saw Logan being held back. He was fighting as hard as he could to get free. I tried to kick my mom off of my feet. It wasn't working. I was trying to slow her down because I knew Chase was coming. I saw a big rock coming. I didn't know what I was going to do. My mom saw it too so she dragged me harder. The rock was sharp and cut up my arms even worse. There was blood running down my arms. The sand was scraping the cuts making it hurt more. I cried out. I lifted my head so the rock wouldn't hit it. I tried kicking my legs again to get free.

"Stop!" I heard a familiar voice yell. I looked up and saw my dad. He had police with him. The cop pulled my mom away from me. Chase ran over to me. Logan ran over to me. He looked at the blood.

"She's bleeding really bad" Chase said.

"Can I take her to the nurses office?" Logan asked. The cops nodded. Chase stayed to make a statement. Logan picked me up and carried me to the nurse. He opened the door to the office.

"What now Mr. Reese?" The nurse asked barley looking up.

"She's got cuts all over her she needs help" Logan said. The nurse looked up and saw me. She told Logan to put me in a bed. I looked at Logan's shirt, it had blood all over it. He stayed with me the whole time. The nurse cleaned me off. I cried when the alcohol hit the cuts. Logan put his hand on my back. Luckily none of them were bad enough to need stitches. She put a bandage on the bad cuts and wrapped gauze wraps around it. The nurse checked my ribs and stomach. Nothing was broken just bruised. I was given an ice pack and the nurse told me I had to lay down for a while. Once she walked away, I started crying. Logan sat on the side of my bed and held my hands. I couldn't believe what had happened. The police came in and took pictures of my arms and all the cuts on me and a picture of the bruise on my ribs and stomach. Once they had my statement they left. My dad came into the nurse's office. I looked up and saw him. I was hurting so bad both physically and emotionally.

"Since your dad is here now, I'm going to go grab you some clean clothes, okay?" Logan said. He kissed the top of my head. I nodded. Logan walked over to my dad. My dad shook his hand. Logan left to go get my stuff. My dad sat on the side of the bed.

"I shouldn't have told her about Logan. She just seemed so different this time" I said.

"This is not your fault. Your mother is absolutely insane. I honestly can't believe she did this. I mean look at the damage she did to you" my dad said.

"Why doesn't she like me for who I am?" I asked. I sat up slowly.

"She's too dumb to see how amazing you are" my dad said. He hugged me and kissed the top of my head.

"Thanks dad. I'm sorry you had to come here" I said.

"No don't apologize for that. I'm glad I was able to stop it before it got too bad" My dad said. "I guess you and Logan worked it out."

"Yeah he admitted he was stupid and I realized that I loved him and he's been proving that he's trustworthy and that he learned from last time" I said. My dad smiled.

"He's a good kid, just under pressure from his parents probably. I can see that he really cares about you. I mean look at him now, he hasn't left you. The only reason he did was because I was here." he said. I nodded. Logan came back with a pair of sweatpants, a hoodie, and a stuffed bear. I smiled. My dad left to go talk to the police. I pulled the curtain around and changed. I noticed the hoodie was Logan's. The nurse released me and I went back to the guy's room. Chase got me special permission to be there because of what happened. Logan brought me to the room. Michael and Chase were already there. I was exhausted and just wanted to lay down. Logan had the bottom bunk. He led me over to the bed and I laid down. Chase sat on the side of the bed and put his hand on my back.

"If I had known she was here to cause an issue, I wouldn't have answered the phone" Chase said.

"I know" I said. "It's not your fault Chase, she's just crazy. I'm going to close my eyes for a bit." Michael turned off the lights. I pulled the hood of the hoodie over my head. Logan pulled the blanket up for me and sat next to me and rubbed my back. My arms and stomach were hurting. I had cuts all up and down my arms due to my mom dragging me and my ribs were all bruised from my mom kicking me. I cried a bit. I felt Logan moving around. He laid down next to me and wrapped his arms gently around me.

"You're safe now" Logan said. I turned around and buried my face in his chest. I fell asleep for a bit. I heard the boys door close and I jolted awake. I sat up in Logan's bed. I saw Chase coming into the room.

"Sorry" he whispered.

"It's okay" I said. "Where'd Michael and Logan go?"

"To get you food. I just went to the vending machine to get you a drink" Chase said. He handed it to me. I opened it and took a sip.

"Thanks" I said. "Also thanks for not freaking out about Logan laying down with me."

"You got the sleep you needed and felt safe so why would I?" Chase asked. I smiled. I sat up and pulled my knees to my chest. I was still processing everything that had happened. Michael and Logan came back.

"Okay so we went off campus to find the biggest burger we could" Logan said. I smiled. I got out of his bed and sat on the couch in their room. We all sat and ate. My favorite thing about Logan was that I didn't have to eat like a delicate little girl. He didn't care if I just ate normally. There was another knock at the door. Chase cracked the door open. I heard my dad outside. My dad came into the room.

"Good you're eating" he said.

"Yeah we made sure that we got her food" Michael said.

"Good I'm glad she has people looking after her." My dad said.

"Always" Logan said.

"So they took her to jail. But who knows how long that's going to last. You know her" My dad said. "So I talked to Logan's dad. He said you guys could spend the summer there. She won't be able to find you there." Chase and I nodded. I was excited to have the summer with Logan. My dad left and we finished eating. I knew I needed to take a shower. I went back to my room and grabbed my shorts and a tank top. I grabbed my shower stuff and went to the shower. I took off Logan's hoodie and sweatpants. I got in the shower and turned on the water. The hot water stung all the cuts on my arms. My ribs felt better. Once I was done showering I pulled on my shorts and tank top. I walked back to my room. Lexi was there. She looked at my arms.

"What happened?" she said.

"My mom" I said.

"I'm sorry about everything" Lexi said. I smiled. She hugged me. I pulled Logan's hoodie back on. It smelled like him, which was comforting. I sat on my bed. I heard a knock at the door. Lexi looked at me. I hid under my bed just to be safe. Lexi opened the door and Stacy walked in.

"Where is she?" Stacy said upset.

"Who?" Lexi asked playing dumb.

"The stupid girl who stole my date" Stacy said.

"She's not here. She might be off with Logan" Lexi said.

"He was mine and she stole him!" Stacy said. I could see Lexi trying not to laugh.

"Girl he wasn't yours. They've been dating since the first week of school. They just didn't tell anyone. He used you to hide the secret" Lexi said.

"He loved me" Stacy yelled then stormed away. I looked out from underneath my bed. Lexi and I both started laughing.

"He loved me" we both said mocking her. I felt my phone vibrate I saw a text from Chase asking if I was okay.

"I think Chase wants me to come back to his room. He feels guilty and wants to keep an eye on me" I said.

"I get that. I'm sure Logan doesn't mind either" she said. I laughed. Before I left I showed her the ring. I packed up a bag of stuff and went back to the boys room.

"Everything okay?" Chase asked.

"Yeah Stacy was in our room yelling about Logan leaving her at the dance" I said. Logan laughed.

"She's terrifying dude" Logan said. I laid back down on Logan's bed.

"Logan dude I think you lost your bed" Michael said.

"Yeah I think so too but it's okay" Logan said. "As long as she's comfortable."

"How are your arms doing?" Chase asked. I pulled off the hoodie and showed him.

"They look worse than I thought they did" Chase said.

"Yeah they get darker as they heal so they look bad now" I said.

"Do they hurt?" he asked.

"Only if they're touched or hot water hits them" I said. I put Logan's hoodie back on and curled up in bed. Logan laid next to me and we watched movies on his laptop. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.8K 142 13
"You are incredible, Caitlyn Pennbrook" "Awe, thanks" "What, I don't get a compliment back?" "Nope. I love you, though." "Gee, thanks." in which two...
476K 11.9K 50
COMPLETED • • • "We can't keep doing this... Wayne's gonna kill you if he finds out." "Baby, y'know I'm not afraid of him. I'm willing to take his pu...
99.6K 220 8
♪ 𝐖𝐡𝐲'𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐬𝐨 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝? 𝐈 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐧' 𝐥𝐢�...
41.9K 963 58
Veronica and her twin sister Vanessa are invited to collab with Alex Wassabi, Laurdiy, Gabbie, and Lana. Little does Roni know that she would meet he...