Champion Of Death

By thedoctorgonepale

Seven Gods created this world. Those Seven Gods also rule this world and its people. Maintaining peace togeth... More

(Prologue): At Deaths Beck And Call
(Lore) The Religions
First Steps Towards Death
Rotten Man & The Rotted Plan
Dead Rising
Dead Rising: Act 2
Dead Rising: Act 3
Dead Rising: Act 4
Death's Pet
Secrets Of The Gods Behind Closed Doors
Secrets Of The Gods Behind Closed Doors: Act 2
Death Vs Life
Death Vs Life: Act 2
Oath Breakers
Bliss In The Abiss
Unconvincing Argument
Pop The Bubble
Pop The Bubble: Act 2
Pop The Bubble: Act 3
Such A Choatic World
The Loyal Dog
Currupted By Chaos
The Champions Around The World
Peer Into The Abyss, It'll Make You Blink
maD mad wondErlAnD
Tempting Death
The Ultimate Tragedy
The Ultimate Tragedy; Act 2
The Ultimate Tragedy; Act 3
(Epilogue); A Grim Reaper

War Of The Gods

101 12 1
By thedoctorgonepale

As he regained consciousness, Thane felt his head being gently caressed. Opening his eyes Thane found himself on Azrei's lap in her room.

She looked down to meet his gaze with her void-stained eyes. As always, he stared at them without question, but after a few seconds, his own eyes became stained just as hers were, locking them both in an intense stare.

Thane: I... Failed you again...

Azrei: You did your best.

Thane: You deserve more than my best... For it got Medina killed.

Azrei: Cardsha is to blame for that.

Thane: I couldn't stop him from escaping.

Azrei: He's a god. We're lucky he didn't outright kill you.

Thane:... You're staring...

Azrei: So are you... But I believe I understand a little better as to why...

Thane: You're... Like yarn...

Azrei: Is that the power of those eyes, or is your brain simply interpreting the vision of the void in that way?

Thane: You don't know?

Azrei: It doesn't affect us the same way.

Thane: How does it affect you?

Azrei: It just makes others afraid to look at me...

Thane: They're missing out...

In the basement, J.J entered the room with the void. Without directly making eye contact with it, she shoved the weapon she received from the throne in the underground city. Once the weapon was tempered by the abyss, she removed it and left the room.

Azrei and Thane entered the God's throne room, where they found the other gods along with their champions.

Judor: May we start now?

Azrei:(nods)

Judor: Let's first make sure everyone is on the same page...

Judor: The God of Chaos, Cardsha has returned with a vengeance.

Judor: He has amassed an army of undead in the ocean which he created by teaching many Necromancy.

Judor: We must put an end to him before he causes more Choas.

Judor: Any questions thus far?

Clover:(raises hand) My first question would be, why hide the fact of the Cardsha's existence...

Clover: But I guess the only answer I'll get is, "Because you don't need to know"...

Clover: So... I shall ask this... Why was there a fallingout?

Gods:....

Sciron: He's YOUR brother, Judor. Why don't you explain?

Judor:(sigh)

Judor: Cardsha... Has always gone behind our backs, it was in his nature to be chaotic after all.

Judor: But the breaking point was when he decided to create a weapon to kill us.

Lilly: He made a weapon to kill the gods?

Sky: He planned to assassinate you all?

Judor: He wanted to "bring more chaos into our lives". Cardsha hated the status quo.

Judor: Now... As to how we are going to defeat him.

Henrietta: You wish for us to battle him?

Judor: Don't be foolish. You Champions have no use in this battle.

Judor: Us gods shall face him head-on. He cannot defeat all of us at once.

Jorey: The last time we fought, we nearly destroyed the world. And the casualties were apocalyptic.

Judor: We can simply remake it all.

Jorey: Life is valuable! Don't you dare just toss them aside like that!

Judor: Then what do you suggest?

Jorey: Azrei. Cardsha was always infatuated with her. Let her seduce him into a false sense of security and then we might be able to subdue him with minimum casualties.

Thane curls his hands into a fist. Not at all pleased with what she's suggesting his goddess should do.

The Champion of Death then raises his hand.

Judor: Speak.

Thane: He created a weapon to kill the gods, right? Use that.

Judor: He hid it. We have no clue where it is.

Thane: Then why not just send me and my lady to look him in the eyes? You're all scared of void eyes, right?

Giara: That plan is sadly not full proof, when he can simply look away.

Thane: Then may I leave? You have no use for me here anyway.

Azrei: Do you wish to go somewhere?

Thane: Yes. To face Cardsha's undead army. I might not be able to do anything to him...

Thane: But I know I can slay the undead.

Azrei:... Very well.

Judor: Perhaps all of you should join him? It seems we still have much to discuss.

The champions leave the throne room, where the gods continue to discuss their plans.

Lilly: It seems like we're going zombie slaying.

Clover: Just before the gods potentially begin an earth-shattering battle that might kill us all...

Scott: They'll protect us.

Sky: Yes, have faith.

Clover: Ironically, that is against my faith for the most part...

Lilly: Outside the castle, we'll be open to Cardsha's influence if he wishes to toy with us.

Lilly: We could do with a plan if he does.

Thane: What we need, is that god-killing weapon. He's upset the order of death on a scale unmatched.

Thane: Thus, he must pay the ultimate price!

His eyes become filled with the void, allowing him to see behind the scenes of reality, the god's strings of influence that are attached to all.

And he saw many colors. At least a little representing each god. The two biggest ones that he immediately took notice of were Judor's and Cardsha's strings.

Cardsha's strings were clearly dominating everything else.

Thane:(titles head)

He looked over at the other champions, seeing the heavy influence of their gods, and then noticed J.J.

His eyes returned to normal as he reached for his scythe.

Lilly: What are you doing?

Thane: We're in a trap, aren't we, J.J.

J.J:.....("You got me" shrug)

What they all thought was the hallway in the castle, vanished to reveal a larger enclosure. The other champions, except for J.J, drew their weapons.

Clover: Ah yes. "God Of Chaos" we really should have expected the unexpected.

Sky: It seems we were only safe next to our gods...

Thane: J.J. You're his champion, aren't you? Don't lie, I saw his influence.

J.J:(clears throat)

J.J: These void-stained eyes of yours are quite the spoiler spotter.

Everyone:!?!

Thane: You can speak?

J.J:....

J.J: You literally asked me not to lie-

J.J: Ya know what? Forget it...

Lilly: So you betrayed us...?

J.J: Betrayed? I was never on your side, to begin with, kiddos.

J.J: I've been Cardsha's one and only Champion of Chaos. Though of course, I've had to find work under his brother for these many, many centuries...

J.J: Anyhow... Welcome to my lord's castle. An army of undead everything is right down that hallway behind you.

J.J: My lord is down the corridor behind me.

J.J: I guess I'll be killing you all... Tsk... Man... I really wanted to let the undead surprise you...

Clover: Why go through this trickery?

J.J:... GOD OF CHAOS!!!

J.J: Does... Uhm... Does that answer your question?

J.J: This. THIS ALL! Is to cause chaos in the world, and in the hearts and minds of your gods.

J.J: Stop trying to look for logic.... And check this out.

She draws her Blade Of Law. Then, suddenly appearing in her hand, was the Blade of Choas.

J.J: I have not only two God weapons. But two blessings.

Lilly: Uh-Huh!

Lilly, Thane, and Henrietta rush towards J.J. Sky and Clover shoot at her, as Scott stands back.

(WOOSH)

But they all fall towards the ceiling, causing all their attacks to miss.

(Thud)⁷

J.J: Heheh... Welcome to my wonderland of chaos, kiddos!

To be continued....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

429 86 16
//i let death corrode me, though i was the one controlling it// -extended summary inside- Started: 20/11/2021 Ended: 03/01/2022 Published: 01/01/2022
48.1K 839 19
----------------------------------------------------- There might be gods in this world but... What are these fake gods to a true demon? ...
609 48 17
Just as love has many forms, a love story can be about several types of love. Beyond romantic love, there's the platonic love one has for friends. Or...
15 1 2
An empty void to a beautiful beginning. Goodness and perfection to a cruel and greedy soul. Then a curse... To a war. Angels and humans alike fell to...