The Elementals: Raven's Fire

De mlmiller76

When 18 year old Raven James Cade, set out on a crazy night with her best girl friends she never thought the... Mai multe

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18

Chapter 17

4 1 0
De mlmiller76

Pulling Nina through the door, ushering her upstairs to my room, just in case mom came home, I didn't need her butting in, and freaking Nina out any more than she already was.

"Girl, sit down, tell me what's going on. And start with why I saw you with Declan at the mall yesterday?" I said to her as she took a seat in my overstuffed bean bag chair. She looked like a doll all squished down in its pillowy softness, but she also looked much more relaxed. She took a deep breath and I mean super deep calming breath and looked up at me.

"Declan, yesterday. Ok, well that is where it started getting weird. I was walking through the mall looking for you but felt like someone was following me. I could not get the idea that someone was watching me out of my head. So, I stopped, and started looking around. And there he was, Declan, just watching me from the sunglasses hut. I was really weirded out. I didn't know if he was going to hurt me or what he was going to do. So, I turned and quickly ran off, but he caught up to me at the elevator up to the pretzel place we like so much." She shook her head, sighed again, and continued.

"Anyway, he jumped into the elevator with me, and I freaked out. I yelled at him to get away from me, but he looked at me and all he said was, No. Then he reached out to touch me and the elevator door opened again, and we must have ridden it up and back down because that is when I saw you, Blaze, and Ashton walking in the front door of the mall. I ran to you, but he followed me." She said with her head in her hands.

I knew what was happening to her of course. Declan had already felt the mate bond, for him the urge to protect her started when we were out by the fire in the park. I just hate seeing my best friend so helpless. I am so worried about her. I sighed reaching under my pillow for the book to show her but got zapped and told not yet. Ugh, this whole mustn't disturb the timeline thing was horrible, and having to keep it from Nina one more day was torture not to mention the other girls as well. I don't know how I am going to be able to withstand 2 more weeks of this. I looked at her and told her to go on. She really needed to get this out.

"The rest you know." She said, I shook my head yes and let her continue. "Well then today at school, you weren't there, and neither was Blaze or Ashton. Even Mr. Hawthorne was gone but what happened to me today was so weird. Declan was almost always within earshot of me all day, but what happened in P.E. is what freaks me out. I was really emotional so I thought I must be getting my period soon. Well, I went into the bathroom stall after most everyone had already left to go to the gym, and I sat there, and it started raining on me. Like literal rain falling from the ceiling. But I don't know why, then Declan burst through the door of my stall and scooped me up, pulling me into his chest and held me and I just sat there crying as it rained on us both until I felt better. He didn't even seem weirded out by it. What is happening to me, Raven?" She said pleading for me to tell her something.

The ancestors start talking to me in my head.

She sounds really scared; we need to do something. We can't it has to play out the way it was intended. Just give her something. All this arguing was starting to give me a headache, until I remembered that I could ease her worry by just teleporting her to her house and putting her in her bed and making her sleep.

That is an amazing idea Raven, make her sleep until just after 845 am the protections should be in place by then. Then you can teleport her back here, wake her up and explain things with Blaze, and Declan here as well.

It was a great idea, we didn't have any important classes tomorrow and it would be a great day to do that, I thought as I walked over to Nina pulled her out of the beanbag chair, wrapped my arms around her and ran my hand down her hair, whispering her off to sleep. Once she was out, I teleported her to her bed and teleported back to my house, where Blaze and Roe were already waiting for me.

I just knew they both would be there. I walked in the door after landing on the front step and I smelled him before I saw him. He smelled like the sweetest chocolate mixed with the smell of wood burning in an open campfire...it was heavenly. It almost made me drool every time I was near him. I am going to have to ask what I smelled like to him.

But something was not quite right, I could smell blood mixed with lavender and fresh cut grass. Roe was bleeding, and Darius was here, and I could tell by the way my hair on my neck stood up that something was wrong. I ran down to the basement bursting through the doors. The sight in front of me made my blood run cold as there in the center of my floor was Roeshell, bleeding from the stomach.

"What happened!!" I screamed across the room. Blaze looked to me and said,

"We were walking home, and Yasmin and some man attacked us. We were blindsided. She got Roe in the stomach and Darius can't heal her." He said tears streaming down his face, I knew he was putting the blame on himself. I pushed him and Darius back away from her and placed my hands on her stomach. I felt the energy leaving my body flowing into hers. As I looked up at the ceiling, my eyes turned red and rolled into the back of my head. I started chanting nonsense as I felt the power flow into her wound.

Darius grabbed me and pulled me off her as I came back to my senses. In front of me, Roe opened her eyes and looked around confused as to where she was, but slowly getting her bearings. Darius scooped her up planting kisses all over her and then biting down hard on their soul mark. Roe's eyes shot open wide as the memories flooded back into her. Pushing Darius off her, she looked down at her ripped and burnt shirt, pulling apart the pieces, looking for her near fatal wound.

It was gone. I had healed her. I have no clue how, but I did it. This queen thing is pretty cool. I guess.

Stretching out my arm, I smack the alarm that is screaming next to my bed, as Blaze rolls over wrapping me in his arms bringing his lips to my shoulder blade.

"Turn that thing off, Rave. Just another hour, please." He mumbled into my neck. I shrugged him off and stood up taking all the blankets with me.

"Nope, we have to be at the school in 15 minutes, get up lazy bones." I said as I headed to the bathroom to hop in the shower. Stepping under the steaming hot water, the previous day's activities running through my head. How did save Roe? Is this all a dream, why is this happening to me? Just as I reached out to turn the water off, Blaze stepped into the shower. All of him, naked, standing in front of me. I screamed and teleported myself wet and dripping to my bedroom and quickly wrapped up in a towel I had sitting on my dresser.

"Hey!! That was not funny, I was naked!" I yelled at him as he was laughing hysterically in shower. I was not prepared to see a naked person in my shower with me this morning, let alone one that was as good looking as Blaze Harrison.

"So, I am good looking, huh?" Blaze asked standing in my bathroom doorway in nothing but a towel. My face turns seven shades of red as I quickly turn around and throw him some clothes. Damn this mate bond mind link. I grabbed my clothes and stomped out of my room, slamming the door behind me, just to run smack in to my mother in the hallway.

"Raven, why are you in a towel in the hallway? And where is Blaze!" my mom said her eyes almost bugging completely out of her skull.

"Mom, stop worrying! Nothing happened. Blaze is in the shower; I came out here to go to your room and get dressed so he wouldn't see anything stop worrying. Besides, he is my soul mark, you are going to have to get used to the idea that I will be having sex." I said smugly as I pushed past her to her room, her mouth fell open as she watched me slowly shut her door. I don't think my smile could have gotten any wider. But then Blaze walked out in his jeans and no shirt, kissed mom on the cheek and said.

"Morning Mom, what's for breakfast, I am starving." Then he proceeded to walk down the stairs, I finished shutting the door, laughing hysterically as my mom yelled,

"Oh, no this is not happening under my roof. Blaze get back here and tell what you did to my daughter!" As she chased him down the steps. I definitely needed to remind myself to make sure he is thanked thoroughly for that little stunt later.

I finished getting dressed just as the sounds of laughter and the smell of fresh brewed coffee was wafting up the steps. I made my way down to the kitchen as Blaze was rounding the bottom step with my coffee in his hand. I grabbed it, taking a long sip out of the mug. It was perfect just the way I like it. Mom was sitting at the counter with three plates of cowboy casserole in front of her. I loved cowboy casserole for breakfast. It had scrambled eggs mixed with jalapenos, green chiles, onion and tomatoes placed in the bottom of a Dutch oven, then covered with a layer of cheese, bacon, and sausage topped with cornbread mix and baked in the oven. It was so good and an amazing breakfast when you needed a lot of energy. I liked to cover my helpings in ketchup and syrup.

Licking the last of the syrup off my fingers I looked at the clock, shit we needed to be at the school in two minutes!

"Ok, Mom, Blaze grab hold we are about to teleport to the school. Mom, this might make you feel a little disoriented." I said as they each grabbed a hand and I zapped to the front of NOLA high school, just in time, Darius, and Roe we already standing outside waiting for us.

"You guys are running a little bit behind this morning, aren't you?" Darius boomed with his principal voice. I looked at Roe who appeared to be feeling like her old self this morning and asked her how she was feeling. She quickly nodded her head acknowledging that she was fine. Darius glared at me, I had ignored his rude behavior, and he was getting angrier by the second.

"I was talking to you, Raven!" he yelled, his face turning slightly pink. I turned my full attention to him. And said,

"I heard you. And we were less than ten to maybe fifteen seconds late, I had to eat breakfast. You may be my elder and my principal, but I am your Ranee you will be smart to remember that. DO NOT TEST ME THIS MORNING!!" My voice was very loud and echoed through the entire parking lot. Everyone around me hit the floor, all the witches and warlocks that had begun to show up to help, even my mom and Blaze were on one knee in front of me.

"Get up, what are you all doing!! GET UP!!" I said embarrassedly. Why were they kneeling in front of me. Slowly they started to rise. Darius grabbed my hand and apologized for his behavior and started walking me through the front door of the school. He took a deep breath and started to explain what had just happened.

"Raven, you being our Ranee, you have the capability to make us all bow to your wishes. The loud yell you just did, and I know you probably had no clue you were doing it, is called a Radiant Scream, it makes all those magical born drop before you and listen. Sort of like a standing at attention when the American flag goes by, but more dangerous. During those moments when we are kneeling at your feet, we are vulnerable, we are under your demand and therefore incapable of protecting ourselves. So please watch how and when you use that."

I have the power to control other beings with my voice. This Ranee shit is stupid weird. I shake my head and make my way into the gym to help set up this assembly. Once all of us in my coven are in the gym, I walk to the center of the basketball court and start talking to my people.

"Listen up everyone, I know I am new to all this, and I want to thank you all for your help. It means a lot to me. But last night a thought occurred to me after seeing what Roe went through." Everyone nodded their heads in unison.

"We need to put a spell on all the doors and windows and any other entranceways. Sort of like an identity spell, meaning that if they have been touched by evil or have switched sides then they are unable to gain access to the building. With graduation and prom in two weeks it is most urgent that we get this done to protect the community and its people." I said.

Darius steps forward claiming he knows the exact spell that is needed and called all the others down to form a circle around me. Holding hands my entire coven surrounded me, and started chanting, ioa edatta, noac strun. I extended my arms out with my palms facing upwards the words flowing through me, silver streams of magic shot out of my hands as my head fell back.

I can visualize every window, every door, shutting, I can see steel panels covering them. With a hazy purple sparkle over the top of the school. My body starts rising in the air and the magic flies out of me like lightning bolts slamming into the earth.

After about 2 minutes, I slowly sank back to earth, Blaze wrapped his arms around me, and I breathed lightly as I was exhausted. I looked around at my coven giving them a weakened smile and told them that all the wards and protections are now in place and all we need to do now is wait.  

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

11.2K 334 23
My name is Isabella Swan. I'm 18 years old. I live in Forks, Washington. My ex-boyfriend and Vampire Edward Cullen have been away for 9 months. I no...
404K 18.2K 32
Cecilia Rain is a wolf with the Gift of Nature, but her Gift is different than others. While most wolves can only access Nature, Social, Warrior or H...
137 1 10
A 15 year old alex finds out she has magic powers, dragon ancestors, and a witch inside her. How crazy can her life get. Can she master her powers...
20 1 10
When 18 year old Nina Trudeau first felt the rain drop hit her head in her room, she was confused and worried something was wrong with her. She ran t...