Heartsteel: The Price of Fame...

By HeartsteelStory

When the music industry's dark secrets ensnare K/DA's Akali and Heartsteel's rising star Kayn, a battle of wi... More

Chapter 1: Dreams and Rifts
Chapter 2: The Price of Fame
Chapter 3: Chains of Gold
Chapter 4: Strings of the Puppeteer
Chapter 5: Breakdown
Chapter 6: True Damage
Chapter 7: Heartsteel's Rise
Chapter 8: Strings Attached
Chapter 9: Strings Tightening
Chapter 10: Kayn's Revenge
Chapter 12: The Battle Lines are Drawn
Chapter 13: Final Warning
Chapter 14: Heartsteel vs K/DA
Chapter 15: Chasing Shadows
Chapter 16: A Struggle for Control
Chapter 17: Seeking Answers
Chapter 18: Desperate Measures
Chapter 19: Redemption
Chapter 20: Leap of Faith
Chapter 21: False Gods
Chapter 22: Reflections of Darkness
Chapter 23: The Mirrored Abyss
Chapter 24: Faith
Chapter 25: The Escape
Chapter 26: Reunion
Chapter 27: Desperate Symphony
Chapter 28: The Valley of Shadows
Chapter 29: Exposing the Darkness
Chapter 30: Melody of Liberation

Chapter 11: Rhaast - The Demon Within

224 8 4
By HeartsteelStory

The stage was set, lights dimmed, and the crowd's anticipation palpable. Kayn stood backstage, taking a deep breath, trying to calm his racing heart. Every performance was a battle, not just with the crowd or the critics, but with himself. Or more precisely, with Rhaast.

"Obey me!" Rhaast's voice echoed in his mind, a constant reminder of the training he had undergone at Silco's behest. The memories were hazy, but the nightmares were vivid. Dark rituals, chants, and an overwhelming sense of being trapped.

"Get out of my head," Kayn snapped irritably.

Beside him, Aphelios raised an eyebrow.

Kayn shook his head, trying to clear his thoughts. He needed to focus. But Rhaast was relentless. "I won't be ignored, and I won't be quiet. You'll never surpass Akali without me," the voice sneered.

The music started, and Kayn stepped onto the stage. The crowd roared, but all he could hear was Rhaast. "Your dark side won't stay bottled up forever, so let it rage!"

As Kayn began his performance, he felt the familiar tug, the pull of Rhaast trying to take control. Mid-performance, Rhaast's voice grew louder, more demanding. "Take off your shirt, Kayn!"

"I am not taking off my shirt!" Kayn snapped back, trying to stay in rhythm.

"Do it!" Rhaast insisted.

Kayn, feeling the pressure and not wanting to disappoint the crowd, reluctantly removed his shirt, revealing a toned physique. The crowd went wild, but Kayn felt exposed, vulnerable. "It's off! Are you happy now?" he retorted, trying to regain his composure as Sett took the lead, delivering his lines to a screaming crowd.

Rhaast laughed, a dark, mocking sound. "Lazy, mediocre... do it better."

"I am!" Kayn shot back, pushing himself harder, pouring all his energy into the performance.

"You want it, you have to take it. So let's run wild," Rhaast urged.

The final note resonated, and the crowd erupted in applause. Kayn, drenched in sweat and exhaustion, took a bow. But as he exited the stage, his thoughts drifted to Akali. Fury brimming, he smashed his custom guitar against the stage, shattering it to pieces. The crowd cheered, thinking it was part of the act as he pointed at the camera and spat: "Love me, hate me, either way, I'm on your mind."

"You pretend to be so cold, but I know better," Rhaast laughed.

"Shut it," Kayn snapped.

Sett gave him an odd look as they headed off stage. "Something up? That guitar had to be worth a few grand."

"I'm fine," Kayn grunted.

Backstage, as he caught his breath, the weight of his dual existence pressed down on him. The battle with Rhaast was taking its toll. He needed help, but who could he turn to? Sett and Aphelios were busy fixing their costumes while K'sante and Ezreal were rehydrating at the snack table. Would any of them believe him?

As he pondered these questions, the haunting voice of Rhaast echoed once more, "You can't escape me, Kayn. We're in this together."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 221 34
HeartSteel has taken the charts and they are now working on a new project with KDA. All the member's are living in a large city near their recording...
150K 7.1K 41
Sometimes life puts you through the toughest shit, it might just crush your heart. But right around the corner? Maybe something that will shift your...
16.5K 469 44
"It's not your fault Hanzo." "Please, take care of her for me." "Don't waste your life, son, you are this words only hope." I started powerless, weak...
35K 668 21
You, yes you! You are a college graduate and who is in search for your dream of being a "Decent" entertainer "but your then somehow in a mess with 5...