ѕσ, уσυ ωαηт тσ ρℓαу ωιтн мαg...

By ChaeRinYoo3

Y/N is a college teen who stumbled upon a certain TrollHunters adventure while she was kept in the dark. It a... More

How it began
The New Trollhunter
A duty to hold
An unhappy welcome
A small gift
A hangout and a long week of problems coming...
A tiny problem
Goblin Infestation
Win, Lose or Draal
To catch a... Wizard? And a Changeling!
Adventures in Trollsitting
A crazy 16th birthday
Let's play with some magic
Secrets out
The Battle of Two Bridges
A new girl on the team
A Little bit of a Magic Trick
A Team Build Up
First Trollhunter Quest
Blinky's Day Out
The Shattered King
A nightmare
Take care of you
Bowling
Wingmen
A Night to Remember
A lot to hold on
Against the law
Magic Bridge Heist
Worry
Welcome to the Darklands
A lot of conflictions
Picnic Date
Spring Break
Welcome to the Rock Show
The Fall of Trollmarket
A Night Patrol
Secrets reveal and a wanted man
Bad Coffee
Bug Infestation
Timing is Everything and a mix of D'aja Vu
A Date Night and a 1000-year old Sorceress
Magical K-I-S-S-I-N-G
Welcome to History
In this together
The Eternal Knight
A New Adventure Beginning Anew
Dogfight Days of Summer

Deep in the history books and self doubts

250 12 0
By ChaeRinYoo3

Y/N's eyes groggily opened her eyes. The sunlight shining through her window binders above her head. She sat up and stretched her arms up and cracked some bones and shook herself. Getting out of bed she looked around to see it was empty, no Douxie.

She watched to the guest room and slowly opened the door to see Douxie sleeping and looking very tired and beat up. Archie slept by his legs snoozing away. Y/N smiled and closed the door heading to the kitchen.

Y/N cooked her classic breakfast. She only did simple flipping the pancakes and such. Putting it on the plate and placing a cylinder lid around it so that no bugs can ruin it. Going to her room and quickly changing her clothes, getting her bag.

Once again, not going to school. She decided to go to Douxie's bookstore. His bookstore, where he works at, might have something about Camelot and hopefully any details about trolls.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Parking her car on the side of the road in front of the bookstore. Getting out of her vehicle and walked towards the closed store, unlocked the locks with a spare key, Douxie gave her, and entered inside. Looking around it is still amazing how good the interior is. It looks like something from the 90s. She then started to look through the shelves.

And there were some histories that she knew but none had any intel of trolls or any other magical creatures other than dragons and mythical creatures. "Well... There's clearly nothing on anything about trolls." Y/N closed the book she was holding.

Placing it back in its place on the dusty shelves with the other books as they sadly sat there. Turning away and looked through others. Looking through another bookshelf she looked over at the top skimming through the titles on the side, not noticing her necklace softly glowed. Trying to reach for a book, the necklace soon glowed brightly making Y/N look down and gasp softly.

Touching her glowing necklace and examining it she heard a loud thud upstairs. "What the..." Y/N softly gasped. Y/N walked upstairs slowly and looked around until she spotted a book lying abandoned on the floor.

Picking it up and looked at the cover. "'Camelot?'", Y/N read the cover of the book with fancy big letters and the pretty drawings on it. The cover was filled with creatures and wizards. Y/N only stared at the book with interest. She looked down at her necklace, which stopped glowing but she could see a faint glow in the center.

"Yeah... Douxie you have to explain where you got this. But I'll spare you the trouble and find out who you really are.", there were a few times that Y/N wondered who Douxie really was, he felt so mysterious. Taking the book with her and paying it by herself at the register. Leaving the store getting in her car.

She drove away and decided to visit Trollmarket and show Vendel the book. Wondering if this century really holds such history, but then again in her history class, Camelot's history is probably different from the troll's history at their time. But before that, she texted Douxie that she'll probably arrive back home late.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Arriving at Trollmarket, and made sure nobody was looking around, just in case you never know who could be watching. Greeting some trolls on the way to Vendel's office.

"Hello Vendel.", Y/N greeted the old troll. Vendel turned to the girl and smiled and greeted her warmly. "Hello, Y/N, dear. How are you?" Y/N smiled brightly and placed the book on his stone table filled with potions, minerals, and other things. "I'm fine. I just came by to ask you about this book, I happened to 'find' this book at a friend's bookstore they work at, and wanted to ask you about it." She gestured to the book placed on the table.

Vendel hummed and examined the book flipping back and forth through the front and back. Placing the book back down, Vendel turned and walked away with his arms behind his back. Y/N following behind. "It's quite interesting this book you found, found itself in the human world. I can't explain how it ended up in your friends' workplace. But, there is something else I'm interested in to see."

"Like what?", Y/N piqued her curiosity. Vendel only stayed serious and didn't reply and only walked off to do business in Trollmarket. "Vendel?", Vendel only hummed and Y/N sighed and shook her head. "But, Y/N, that is an interesting necklace you have." Y/N touched her necklace which softly glowed. "Oh, thank you. A friend happened to find this interesting thing, and bought it somewhere, I don't know where, so I thought I might ask him personally instead of texting because you never know what might happen. But anyway, he gave it to me as a gift." Y/N left out the part where it helped her find that book and decided to keep it a secret for now.

Vendel only hummed and didn't question her as they continued to walk through the market and chatted about something else.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

When Vendel said 'something else', this was something else. A few hours later, Blinky was just training Jim and Draal invited himself to be his sparing partner with a smirk plastered on his face. Of course, they brawled and Draal grabbed Jim by his armor suit and dangled him over the edge of the training area, where there only was darkness.

"Draal, let Jim go!", Y/N ordered Draal, who was clutching Jim's small, fragile body so tightly that he could easily crush. Draal huffed and whispered something to Jim as he dropped him on the training g ground, nearly close to the edge. Y/N huffed and walked away from the stand-view and went to check on Jim.

Walking into the area, running past Draal, and reaching Jim, who seemed to need to get things straight right now. "Jim, are you okay?", she helped him stand up, Jim swore he could fall back down, feeling his knees shake. Y/N could only sympathize with him.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

It was time for Jim and Toby to go back home, Blinky, Aaarrrgghh!!!, Toby and Y/N were listening to Jim complaining about himself, feeling doubtful. "He might be right. What the heck was I thinking?", Jim's frustrating voice echoed in the exit of the cave. "An amulet can't choose anyone. It's an amulet." Jim looked down not looking at the worried and pitiful looks of his friends behind him, even when Aaarrrgghh!!! called out his name.

Jim walked ahead as Blinky spoke up, "I understand you're upset, Master Jim," Blinky spoke up with concern and continued to call him 'Master', "but you've had not a moment's training. There's no shame in what just happened." And that's when Jim turned to Blinky with a not-so-happy look.

"Okay. Well, then you were definitely not paying attention back there.", Y/N and Toby looked at each other not liking where this was going to go and Jim talked out with his frustrations today. "Shame was about the only thing that transpired. Shame...," Jim let's put a sigh and took out the glowing amulet, "and realization."

Jim stared at the glowing amulet in his hand as the others looked at him with worry. "I don't know if Draal should be the Trollhunter or not, and I don't care. I just know I am not." Jim threw the amulet away and walked away as it rolled down to Y/N's feet. She picked it up and looked at it. Blinky stepped up to talk some sense into and make him understand but she stopped him.

"Jim." Jim slowed his footing and slightly looked over his shoulder at Y/N. "Jim, understand that we may not know what it's like to be in your position. But, we can't undo what's been done in the past. What's done has been done. I would do the same thing in your position but I would at least give it a try.", she stared at Jim with courage in her eyes, "You can doubt the amulets choice, but understand if it picked someone else, who knows what could have happened, whether Draal picked up the amulet or not." Y/N unhands the amulet and lets it fly towards Jim and he catches it, a bit surprised. "It's now bonded to you. And that's what we can't change, or something you can refuse."

Jim stared at it but only glared at it and dropped it letting it go back to stay at her feet, this time Blinky picking it up as he turned with a bit of venom in his mouth, "Watch me." Toby soon followed. Y/N sighed, she grabbed the amulet from Blinky's hand and the amulet soon flew away following the boys.

"Master Y/N. What do we do?", Blinky and Aaarrrgghh!!! stared at the girl. The said girl only stayed silent and spoke up but didn't turn to them. "Don't worry," she turned to them with a smile. "I'm confident Jim will come around. We may have spent 4 days together, but for you guys practically 5 days, anyways, Jim will come around. But, for now, let's just mind our business and lay low. Give Jim some breather."

Y/N walked back inside the market with the two trolls following her behind. "How is Y/N sure?", Aaarrrgghh!!! asked. Y/N only smiled at them, "Let's just say I have a hunch."

ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Y/N parked her car and sighed. Getting out of her car, seeing the house had lights on, Douxie was hanging around. Entering inside, she saw Douxie making some food and Archie just chilling on the couch with the T.V. playing. "Hey, guys." Douxie smiled and welcomed her back, Archie hopped off the couch and rubbed against her legs.

"So, what did you do today, since you skipped college today?" Y/N sat down on the table as Douxie placed a plate on the table. "Let's just say, I was interested in reading some Camelot history." Douxie and Archie glanced at each other, Y/N ate her dinner not noticing the side glance they gave to each other.

"Camelot, huh?" Douxie sat down across from her and ate his own platter. "Yeah, and one of my friends was training today for the first time, but he has doubts about his skills." Douxie glanced at her and hummed. "Really? What kind of doubts does he have?", Y/N took another bite, "Let's just say, he has self-doubts."

Douxie left the topic and both continued to eat in silence with the T.V. playing in the background. "And I have to thank you for the gift." Y/N grabbed the gem, showing it to him. Douxie smiled sweetly, and Y/N's legs felt a bit weak for it. "You're welcome. I thought it looked good on you.", Y/N chuckled, "Are you sure it isn't because you wanted to give it to me because you thought the blue would remind me of you?"

Douxie only let out a small laugh and left her question, and both chatted away with jokes and laughs. Yeah, Y/N should ask where he got this from another time. It didn't feel right to ask it right now. Not with this homey and sweet atmosphere around them.

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 78 9
The fact that you know that you're the last of your kind is hard to cope with. When Y/n arrives home after her long deployment, she is immediately s...
3.5K 121 11
You have lived in the dark lands since your beginning. the surface was too warm and the cold in this place is perfect. Barely anyone lives here well...
62.3K 1.6K 25
Your name is Y/N and you have a job as a reporter.You go to Arcadia Oaks high school along with your best friend Hannah. One day you come across a pu...
12.7K 695 39
-FIRST BOOK OF THREE- Ever since the War, magic humans have been training to kill all monsters when they escape. They've even built a special school...