Fighting for You

By lexi758

"One day I'll be able to convince you that the only girl I could ever possibly be in love with to no end is y... More

Fighting for You
Fighting for a Decision
Fighting for Cheer Tryouts
Fighting for a Breakup
Fighting for the Newbie
Fighting for Meeting the Newbie
Fighting for a Field Trip
Fighting for a Project
Fighting for a Crush
Fighting for a Spring Vacation Part 1
Fighting for Spring Vacation Part 2
Fighting for a Water Fight
Fighting for a Kiss
Fighting for Forgiveness
Fighting for an Adventure
Fighting for a Hang Out
Fighting for a School Day
Fighting for a Pick Up Game
Fighting for Bad News
Fighting for a Cheater
Fighting for a Broken Heart
Fighting for Love
Fighting for a Lazy Day
Fighting for the Beach
Fighting for Advice
Fighting for a Relationship
Fighting for a Late Date
Fighting for a Competition
Fighting for Relaxation
Fighting for a Girl Day
Fighting for Cheer Practice
Fighting for a Fight
Fighting for a Call Off
Fighting for Florida
Fighting for Worlds Part 1
Fighting for Worlds Part 2
Fighting for Confessions
Fighting for Revenge
Fighting for a Bet
Fighting for 20 Questions
Fighting for The End
IMPORTANT A/N!!!

Fighting for a Goodbye

4.9K 92 9
By lexi758

Lexi's P.OV

I clean out my locker of everything except for books and binders that I'll need for the next week. Starbucks cup? Check. Gum wrappers? Check. Broken pencils and pens with no ink? Double check. I don't know why I'm cleaning it out. It's not even my trash! I think to myself. I don't like gum, Starbucks isn't that good, and I don't keep broken pencils and inkless pens in my locker! I don't even keep them in my pencil bag! Suddenly I feel a presence behind me. I pull out a Cosmo magazine and nail polish from my locker and turn towards the victim. I raise an eyebrow.

"Hey remember that time when you said you were gonna take these along with all your other crap out of my, hence, my locker?" I say holding the items out to her. She taps her finger on her lower lip and thinks about it.

"Hmm. I don't recall. Thanks for doing it for me though. I owe you one." She grabs the magazine and polish and puts them in her backpack.

"Add it to the list." I mumble. Meet Payton, your typical girly-girl, the kind of girl that can have guys staring after her when she sashays down the hall. She has natural wavy blond hair with perfect blue eyes and dimples to match. Along with her stunning looks, she's smart, and just a little to sarcastic for my taste. We became friends in sixth grade. She made fun of me for wearing jeans instead of a skirt on the first day of school. What was I thinking to wear jeans? Stupid me. She invited me over a couple of days later after noticing my pattern of ugly choices of clothing to do a makeover. The whole 'New Look New You' thing only lasted about two hours before she gave up on making me Barbie's best friend. She claimed I had no hope in life and that I would be "thuggin'" my whole life. Yes, she said thuggin'. What a great friend I have. From that year forward she has never left me alone and hasn't truly given up on making me look like a clown.

I finish throwing everything out of my locker when the first bell rings. I slide the garbage can back over to the corner and shut my locker. I start walking and Payton strides beside me.

"Where's Meagan?" Payton asks smiling to a girl that walks past. Did I mention she's really friendly too?

"She had morning practice for..." I pause thinking. "One of the sports she plays." Meagan is our other best friend. Payton went after her with the whole makeover thing too but she didn't push it as much as she does to me though.

Meagan is more of a tomboy than a girly-girl but she dresses the part. She usually has nice clothes on, even nicer than Payton sometimes. She has naturally curly hair, brown eyes, and barely-there dimples. She along with Payton is smart and usually friendly. She's also quiet around people, unless that people happen to be on her team or teams as I should put it. She plays softball, track, volleyball, and soccer which is how we met. We played on the same soccer team ever since we were eight. We met on my first day on the team. The coach was trying to figure out what position I played and put me in goal. Meagan kicked the ball hard and it bounced off my face like a paddle ball and went into the goal. My nose oozed blood and she didn't even apologize. What another great best friend I have. Seriously, boy can I pick them. The coach kept putting me in different positions until I was comfortable with one. Meagan and I became forwards together and we're the main ones scoring the winning goals. Ever since then she grew fond of me. We also played on the same volleyball team three years after and still continue it together. That is until I found out I was leaving.

As we sit in our seats Meagan comes running into class right as the tardy bell rings.

"You know if you didn't dress up you might've actually been on time." I say as she sits on Payton's left side.

"Not everyone wants to look like a hobo Lexi." Payton chimes in. I ignore her insult and stare at Meagan.

"I wasn't late. I timed it perfectly thank you very much."

"I don't know why you don't just wear jeans and a t-shirt on the days you know you won't have time to dress up."

"That would be everyday." She states, digging in her backpack.

"What's wrong with that? You can look comfortable and cute all at the same time."

"Honey, you can't even do that." Payton says with pity. I roll my eyes.

"Whatever." I turn around in my seat.

"I don't know why I'm friends with you two if all you do is pick on me." I mumble.

"Not on you, just your taste of clothing." Meagan adds.

"Yeah, for now."

Ten minutes into class the door swings open and in comes Jordan. He has brown hair that spikes up and is all over the place since he's constantly running his hand through it, these piercing green eyes that are always trying to read you, and a jerky personality that can get on your last nerve but is appealing at the same time. We met at some guy's birthday party that Payton dragged me and Meagan to in eighth grade. She claimed that instead of diving our faces into sports we should dive them into being a little more social. I only went for the cake and ice cream. Payton eventually left to go dance with a group of girls and it was just me and Meagan. The birthday guy took Meagan away and later Jordan joined me on the swings. We became friends easier than with me, Meagan, and Payton. When it was time for the cake we all sang 'Happy Birthday'. After the candles were removed Jordan grabbed a handful of cake and put it all on my face. For two whole minutes I stood there shocked and unmoving while Jordan was on the ground laughing. I finally came to my senses and grabbed a handful of cake and put it on his face. Suddenly there was a food fight at the park. I felt pretty bad for the people who had to clean it.

"What's your excuse this time?" The teacher asks. Jordan continues to keep walking to his seat. He sits in front of Meagan and winks at me. I roll my eyes.

"I had a dentist appointment."

"Where is your pass?" Jordan opens his backpack and takes out his binder to grab his pass. He makes his way over the the teacher, hands him the pass in trade for a worksheet, and sits back down.

"Very well. Now class..." He continues the lecture on the notes and Jordan turns to me.

"Miss me?" He whispers.

"You were gone for ten minutes." I whisper back.

"You sound a little worried."

"I wouldn't care if you were gone for the day because you got hit by a bus."

"Ouch. You know, I've been thinking. I can't wait until you leave." Payton and Meagan, who've been listening in on the conversation stare at each of us with their mouths open. I stare at Jordan with the same expression on my face while he is wearing a smirk.

"Wow. You actually made that cut deeper. Some best friend you are." He laughs and shakes his head.

"You know I'm kidding." He earns himself a rolling of the eyes and I turn to face the front.

"Jordan, what is 3k squared to the ninth power?" The teacher asks.

"3k to the eleventh power." He says without even looking at his paper which, by the way, is completely blank. Jordan is also really smart. When we started hanging out at school he would help Payton and Meagan on homework. A couples of years later we had the same Pre-ap Algebra II class and we would race each other on getting our homework, tests, and answers to the teacher first. He thinks he's smarter than me, and he is close but not as close as he thinks. Were both in dual credit and used to be in all pre-ap classes but my grades are higher. His GPA of this semester so far is a 94, mine being a 97. We're only half way through the first semester of our junior year. Now that I'm moving to a completely different state I won't be able to compete with him in grades.

The bell rings and we all gather our stuff and put them in our bags.

Meagan and Payton go left and Jordan and I go right, going our separate ways.

"So what are you gonna do before you leave?" Jordan asks playing with the straps to his backpack. I glance over at him and back to the crowd in front of me so I don't get pushed.

"What do you mean?"

"Are you gonna do anything on your last day here?" He restates.

"No?"

"Why not?"

"Why should I?"

"To celebrate?"

"Celebrate me leaving?"

"Celebrate with what little friends you have."

"Are you saying I don't have a lot of friends?"

"We both know the answer to that." He says walking into the classroom. I have a lot of friends and I'm close to most of them. With the others though, We say hi and have brief conversations but that's as far as it goes. I like being by myself, in fact I prefer it at times but I like being with friends more. They help relieve stress and make you forget about everything that is in fact life.

"You know the whole point of this was to defy leaving right? I don't want to leave. I don't want to have to make new friends and find my way around a new school."

"Come on Lex. We both know you're parents aren't giving in. You already have most of your house packed. Besides you might actually like the place."

"You sound like you're trying to get rid of me."

"Well I did say I couldn't wait for you to leave didn't I?" He's says grinning. I roll my eyes and smile.

~*****~

It's been six days and I'm leaving for California tomorrow after school. The teachers continue to give me homework, quizzes, and test like I'll be coming back, which I won't. My locker, and room are completely bare and it kind of scares me. The bell rings for the end of last period and we all scatter out of the classroom. As I reach the doors to the front of school someone grabs my arm.

"Hey Lex. Ready to go?" Jordan asks walking beside me.

"Ready? Where are we going?"

"One word: cake."

We arrive at the empty park and I glanced around. There wasn't anything here except for a playground set, a sandbox, trees, half a basketball court, a big open area of grass, and an awning type of building with only two long tables with benches on each side. There wasn't anyone here like there usually was.

"I thought we were getting cake? Why are we here?" I say getting disappointed. Before I know it people pop up from behind trees and come running across the road and parking lot. Meagan and Payton come into view from behind a tree we used to hang out by with two huge cakes in each of their hands. I notice there's a piece missing from Megan's cake but before I can think about it any further there's cake being thrown in my face. I stand there unable to move. Again.

"Surprise!" Jordan yells and falls to the ground laughing. Meagan and Payton have reached us and I grab a handful from both of them, jump on top of Jordan and start putting the cake all over him. He pushes me off of him and starts running. I get up and chase him and that's when I notice a dozen other cakes spread all around the area of grass. That's also when it hits me that this is a reenactment of when Jordan and I first met. There are more than twenty other people here but for now I focus on chasing Jordan. He runs towards cake and scoops up part of it with his hand. He throws all of it at me and gets me in the stomach.

"No mercy!" He laughs and keeps running. I pick up a handful of cake and run after him. An hour and a half later the cakes are completely gone from their trays and are in everyone's hair, and all over their clothes. The rest of us that are left all sit in a circle on the grass and start playing around. Most of them are the ones who sit at my lunch table. Then out of nowhere Jordan hits me with the last piece of cake square on my face. I wipe my eyes and see everyone laughing at me.

"Hardy-har-har." I say. I stand up and make my way over to the side of the building where a water hose is. I turn it on and start wetting my face with the water. Payton had brought me an extra pair of clothes to change into. As I turn the water off Jordan rounds the corner.

"Hey." He says.

"Hey. Thanks for all this."

"Don't thank me. It was Meagan and Payton's idea. They thought it would be funny to act out the birthday party three years ago."

"Well I had fun." I say wiping the water off with the top of my shirt. Jordan takes a step towards me and gives me a hug. I wrap my hands around his waist and hug him back.

"I'm gonna miss you Lexi." He whispers.

"I'll miss you too."

~*****~

The next day was the same as any other yet it felt completely foreign. At the end of every class everyone said "bye" and that they would miss me and to text or call at any time, but I think the hardest time was during lunch. Everyone talked about how they would miss me, told funny, stupid, and embarrassing stories about me, how I changed their life, and that they would hunt me down if I didn't call or text. By the end of lunch I was practically bawling my eyes out.

When I got home everything was in the moving truck and Juliana and my parents were in the house checking to make sure everything was out. We have friends stop by and say their good-byes again and before I know it, I'm in the truck leaving for California for good.

~*****~

I woke up to the feeling of the truck stopping. I sat up gorggily and looked around.

"We're here! We're here!" Juliana said jumping up and down in the truck. She tripped on something in the back and fell into the seat. She leaned forward again and said, "I hear they have really awesome gyms here! They have open gym tomorrow, will you take me?"

"Yeah sure." I said still kind of sleepy. I lay my head on the window and close my eyes again.

"Come on guys. Out of the truck. We need to start unpacking." My mom said from the front seat.

I got out and stretched my arms and legs and went to the back of the truck to start getting my stuff out. I looked around while I was waiting for my turn. I can't believe it. I'm starting all over. Make new friends, find new classes, new teams, new home, and a new school. Whoop-de-doo. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes and throw something.

"Earth to Lexi. Come in Lexi." My dad says waving a hand in my face. I swat his hand away gently.

"Sorry Dad."

"Honey. At least try to enjoy it here. You're already giving death glares." I nod.
He handed me a box and I took it inside.

My room was the last one across from my sister on the second floor. I set the box down and went to the window. There wasn't much of a view since a gigantic tree sat right in front. I opened the window to see if I could climb the tree when I got a text from Meagan.

Hey. Find house?

Yeah. Send pic latr.

K. Miss u already!

Miss you 2!

I go back down to grab more boxes. Forty-five minutes later the boxes are out of the truck and are scattred in their appropriate room. During that I received numerous texts and calls and tried to answer when I can.

Later that night my dad had fixed all of our beds and we found at least enough pans for spaghetti. After, I went to my room to take a shower. When I got out it was only 5:30 so I decided to take a walk and find my way around.

I didn't go very far. I went down the left side of the road where it leads to a huge shopping center. Along with all the stores there were cafe's and restaraunts. I walked down along the deck a little longer until i saw an arcade then I looked to my right where there was white sand and a beach that was starting to look darker because the sun was setting. I went down the ramp and walked along the beach before heading back to my house.

I finally decided to start taking my stuff out of the boxes. I start by hanging up my clothes, then make my way over to putting my shoes up in the closet, and make my bed. I try to be as quiet as possible when I hang up my pictures and stuff. I give up and decide to put it on hold until tomorrow. I push my dresser into a corner and fill it with clothes. Two of the four drawers are cheer clothes.

When I finish putting the rest of my room together it's 11:30 and I go downstairs to get a drink. It was only then that I realized everything was still in boxes. I go to the sink and cup my hands under the water. I get a couple of handfuls and go back upstairs to lay down in bed.

AN/: Hey guys! Here's the first chapter. What do you think? I would love to hear yalls opinion!

Vote, Comment, Like, and Share!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

384K 6.3K 52
(Book two of the rollercoaster love series) Welcome to the continuation of Leia and Nick's story, a continuation of my take on the cliche (albeit awe...
210K 6.2K 28
Zoey Collins found herself siding with someone she just met over one of her best friends since elementary school. Asher Evans, having to choose betwe...
1.1M 14.3K 33
Allison is 16 years old. She lives with her mom and older brother Alex who is 17. What happens when she goes to a party and gets in a fight with her...
142K 5.2K 23
One of the main characters of this story isn't your average pretty, size zero, micro mini type of girls. Let me introduce Ava Jacobson. Now don't get...