๐“๐ก๐ž ๐ƒ๐ž๐ฏ๐ข๐ฅ'๐ฌ ๐ƒ๐š๐ฎ๐ ...

By gracessecretshelby

"๐’๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐š๐ฌ ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐š๐ ๐ข๐ฅ๐ž, ๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐š๐ ๐ข๐ฅ๐ž ๐ฅ๐ข๐ค๐ž ๐š ๐Ÿ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฐ๐ž๐ซ ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ... More

๐€๐‚๐“ ๐Ÿ
๐๐ซ๐จ๐ฅ๐จ๐ ๐ฎ๐ž
๐ˆ๐ง๐ญ๐ซ๐จ๐๐ฎ๐œ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง
๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ’
๐Ÿ“
๐Ÿ”
๐Ÿ•
๐Ÿ–
๐Ÿ—
๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ“
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ”
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ•
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ–
๐€๐‚๐“ ๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ—
๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ’
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ“
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ”
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ•
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ–
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ—
๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŽ
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ
๐€๐‚๐“ ๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ“
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ”
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ•
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ–
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ—
๐Ÿ’๐ŸŽ
๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’
๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ“
๐€๐‚๐“ ๐Ÿ’
๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ”
๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ•
๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ–
๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ—
๐Ÿ“๐ŸŽ
๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ’
๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“
๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ”
๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ•
IMPORTANT
๐€๐‚๐“ ๐Ÿ“
๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ–
๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ—
๐Ÿ”๐ŸŽ
๐Ÿ”๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ”๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ”๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ”๐Ÿ’
๐Ÿ”๐Ÿ“
๐Ÿ”๐Ÿ”
๐Ÿ”๐Ÿ•
๐Ÿ”๐Ÿ–

๐Ÿ๐Ÿ’

2.1K 58 3
By gracessecretshelby

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒

Maeve leaned on her fist as she watched Arthur count the numbers on the page. She knew his calculations were incorrect but she didn't want to tell him.

"These cigarettes have a strange smell to them, Arthur." Grace called out from the front room of the Garrison. "They smell like rotten water and look, rats have gotten into some of them. They're stolen are they not?"

"Don't ask." Arthur mumbled, scribbling down on the paper.

"They smell cause you keep them in the boat." Grace told him. Maeve rolled her eyes so far that they could've reached the back of her head. "What do you care, eh? Can you come and check my adding up. Please." He said in annoyance.

Grace placed the box down and peered over his shoulder, taking his pencil. "Y'know, you should make a new start to this place. Do it properly. These cigarettes are not to sell."

"Smells like Gallipoli." Arthur sniffed.

"You should find a new place to store them." Grace suggested. Maeve hummed, "it has to be far away from coppers."

"But not rats?" Grace smiled. "You are a rat," Maeve muttered so quiet that nobody heard her.

"All the walls have rats, Grace." Arthur added. "What's wrong with a dry warehouse?" Grace continued writing.

"Tommys orders."

"What orders?"

"Always keep contraband by petrol boat moorings." He said. "Don't boats get searched?" She frowned. "We moor them at junctions, so there's more than one way out." He grinned.

"Your brother doesn't obey the law but he has rules. Precise man, your brother." She walked out.

"Is my adding up right?" He shouted. "It is now," she replied.

"She asks too many questions," Maeve squinted. "She's no good, telling you now."

-

Thea stood at the bottom of Maeve's window, struggling as she threw a third stone at the glass. "Maeve!" She hissed loudly. "Maeve, come on!"

Maeve frowned at the muffled noise from outside her window and climbed across her bed, sliding it open. "Theadosia?" Maeve whispered, "the fuck are you doing here, you know i'm grounded."

"I know, that's why i've came. Everyone's down at the Garrison, come down." Theadosia smiled innocently, Maeve barely able to see her in the dark. She thought for a moment. "Dad would kill me if he saw me out, there's blinders on every corner."

"Then can i come up to you instead then?" The brunette suggested. Maeve bit her bottom lip and thought, "yeah, come on then. Climb the fence." Maeve nodded toward the cobble fence beside the drain pipe.

She watched with a smile as Theadosia struggled to climb in her dress. "Here you are," Maeve lowered her hand, attempting to pull her up. It took a while but eventually Thea got inside.

Then it hit Maeve, "why didn't you just use the door? If everyone's out you could've just came in."

Realisation also hit Thea and she snorted with laughter, "didn't think of that. I'll remember for next time." She said, taking her shoes off and placing them bedside the bed. "So, why're you grounded?"

"Dad found some vodka in my drawer- which is really annoying because he's not usually bothered about that." Maeve leaned on her fist, crossing her legs.

Thea shook her head, "not good enough, Maeve." She tormented.

"Oh shush," Maeve rolled her eyes, gently shoving the girl away from her. "Anything been happening at school recently?"

"Nope, Blake has only just came back. Jane is still angry with what you did and Cameron has been snogging that girl all lunch- it's disgusting really." Thea explained. Maeve raised her eyebrows, "i said this to Max, swear i've seen her down by the brothel."

"Yeah, probably." Thea agreed.

A not so awkward silence fell over the pair and after a while, they both ended up on their sides, laying beside each other, their hands intertwined. The way Thea looked at Maeve gave her shivers. Yet she couldn't decide if the shivers were good or bad.

"Thea, can I ask you something?" Maeve said, knowing this definitely wasn't the right moment to bring up the girls shenanigans with the blonde barmaid.

Thea hummed, using her other hand to move Maeve's hair from her face.

"Grace, the barmaid from the Garrison. What business do you have with her? You both seem to be getting on well." Maeve said, trying her best not to seem invasive, "so well that you ditched me and Max for her."

Theadosia's face dropped slightly. "Oh..well, i suppose she knew my dad. Well her father did before they both died. Worked in the police together. When she first came here I knew i'd seen her somewhere so i decided to speak to her," she blurted our quickly.

Maeve raised an eyebrow but didn't argue. "I'm not too sure on her, she seems extremely nosey. Constantly asking questions."

"Maybe she's just curious." Thea defended. "Well if she knows what's good for her she'll stay out of business she doesn't belong in." Maeve said harshly.

"I suppose that is true," Theadosia shrugged.

That night, the pair shared multiple kisses. Some initiated by Maeve, others by Thea. Of course Maeve was still questioning the whole thing. She wasn't sure if she actually likes Thea in that way or if she was just confused.

"One day we should run away together, Maeve," Thea whispered, looking up at the ceiling. "Maybe to America or even Australia. I've always wanted to go to Australia."

Maeve hummed in agreement and smiled. "Australia?" She asked. Thea nodded and crossed her arms, "i've always loved the sun. I'm not made to live in a place like this."

Theadosia on the other hand knew exactly what she was doing. If she continued doing what she was doing with the Shelby girl, she'd continue receiving information that'd be valuable to Grace. At first she felt awful for doing such a thing to her closest friend. But now she felt like she was the one in control.

For once, the Shelby name would mean nothing. Maeve's power would mean nothing because she didn't know a thing. She was too blinded by the sudden affection she was receiving from Theadosia.

Night had quickly came and Theadosia had drifted off to sleep beside Maeve, her head in the ginger girls lap. Their hands were intertwined and Maeve stared up at the ceiling.

She was so engrossed in her own
thoughts that she hasn't heard John's heavy footsteps coming up the stairs.

"Maeve? Maeve are you in 'ere?" John pushed the door open and his eyes were wide at the site. Maeve quickly sat up straight. John cleared his throat and looked at the sleeping girl and his niece.

"John," she said in a panic. "Am I..interrupting something?" He muttered, his eyes still wide. Maeve's face burnt red through embarrassment. "John.."she whispered.

"No, no it's alright, i'll be downstairs. But she needs to be gone in ten minutes, your dad will kill ya if he knows you've got someone round whilst you're grounded."

And before she could say anymore, he turned and closed the door behind him. Thea began stirring and Maeve threw her head back.

"Thea..Theadosia, you're gonna have to go home. Johns came back from the Garrison." Maeve shook the girl away. Thea hummed and sat up, rubbing her eyes. "See you tomorrow?" She asked.

"Maybe," Maeve but her tongue, "you can just..go out the front door." Maeve said, awkwardly opening her bedroom door and letting Thea slip downstairs.

Once the brunette girl was gone, Maeve sheepishly entered the betting den where John sat smoking a cigarette. "John- please don't tell anyone."

John looked up at her and sighed. "Maeve, is what i saw up there what i think it was?" He asked, "be honest with me."

Maeve's eyes watered slightly and she looked down. "I think so."

"You think so?" He raised his eyebrows. "Fine- yes, it's exactly what you thought it was. And it's confusing me just as much as it is you, John." Maeve snapped, looking up to avoid tears escaping her eyes.

John placed his cigarette in the ashtray and took a step forward. He gently wrapped his arms around Maeve and placed a hand on the back of her head.

"Please don't tell dad. Or Tommy- or anyone. Nobody can know about this." She begged. John placed a kiss on the top of her head. "Maeve, whatever that was- you clearly don't know what it was yourself. And i'm not going to say a word, i wouldn't do that to you." He whispered.

Maeve closed her eyes. "Promise?" She pulled her head back. John grinned, holding out his pinky finger, "pinky promise."

He paused, "now lighten up, you're coming back the Garrison with me, yeah? And if it helps, found out Lizzie is still a whore, not gonna be marrying her any time soon."

Maeve let out a breathy laugh and wiped under her eyes. "Tommy says tomorrow we're gonna finish the war with the Lee's once an for all. You coming?" He asked, taking his cap and shoving it on her head.

"Don't think i'll be allowed. I cause too much trouble apparently," Maeve huffed, following him out the door.

"Says who?" He frowned, throwing an arm around her. Maeve looked up at him, "Dad and Tommy. They'll say no to me coming."

"Well who gives a fuck what they think, I'm saying you're coming. You're my favourite niece for a reason," he grinned.

"I'm your only niece," she scoffed, laughing when he almost fell over. "But, you're my favourite uncle. An i've got three of them."

╚══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╝

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

141K 3K 78
๐Ÿ“–| FOUND ๐Ÿ‘ฅ| Florence/Micheal Gray, Shelby Family ๐Ÿ’Œ| Isiah Jesus โœ๏ธ| gracessecretshelby disclaimer: I do not any characters within this book apart...
171K 2.6K 44
At the age of 19, finn shelby is the baby of the family. But not for long. As a face from the past comes back to haunt him and brings with her a litt...
177K 2.8K 85
๐Ÿ“–|Peaky Blinders story ๐Ÿ‘ฅ| Lottie Shelby (oc) , Shelby Family ๐Ÿ’Œ| Isaiah Jesus Disclaimer: I do not own any characters within this story's other tha...
77.5K 1.3K 14
"สแดแดœ ๊œฐษชษขสœแด› สŸษชแด‹แด‡ แด€ แดแด€ษด" *** "ษช ๊œฐษชษขสœแด› สŸษชแด‹แด‡ แด€ แดกแดแดแด€ษด"