Peace at Last

By TurquoiseMonarch

Counter Guardians, the eternal cleaners of humanity's mess. Once a person has joined their ranks, there is no... More

Retirement
Hidden Skill
The Red Devil: Part 1
A Pain in the Bum: Part 1
A Pain in the Bum: Part 2
Just Chilling, Nothing Special
Special: Merry Christmas!
A Bit of Peace
To Celebrate Ones Conception
Trip and Reveals: Part 1

The Red Devil: Part 2

1K 38 12
By TurquoiseMonarch

The birds sang as the sun shone at the EMIYA family, it was morning now. The father, Shirou Emiya was cooking, as early as always due to his routine. He flipped the egg as he was cooking omurice for breakfast.

At the table was his daughter Rin Emiya, she is in her school uniform waiting for breakfast, yawning as if she lacked sleep last night.

Last but not the least was the "family friend" who just came out of the guest room. A 30-year old appearance-wise but is actually much older than that, don't ask her about it though. She wore a yellow pajama set with dandelion patterns on it, her expression was like an undead as she strode groggily to the table. "eMIyaa~ Coffee!" She calls, requesting her morning coffee.

EMIYA spoke as he scooped the rice from the rice cooker: "It's in front of you, Tohsaka."

The undead-looking woman yawned and then proceeded to chug the coffee in front of her. "Thank you" She said in a whispering voice.

Rin Stares at the woman with a perplexed expression. She couldn't in her life believe that the woman sitting in front of her was that confident person that she shares a name with last night.

...

Speaking of which, she still can't comprehend how wild of a night that was.

(Last Night)

"Emiya-kun? Would you mind introducing this lovely lady to me?" The strange lady in a ball dress just said to her father. Smiling at the poor child who was bolted to the door's floor.

... It was met with silence.

"Ughh... Rin?"

... The child didn't respond, still staring at the multi-colored portal.

"You okay?" He asks his frozen daughter.

... Thunk! Her face fell face-first to the floor.

"Rin!" She passes out.

Tohsaka covers her mouth and gasps. "Oh my."

The father glares at his friend as he stands up and dashes to his daughter's arms. "Tohsaka, stop using kaleidoscope, now!"

The red-dressed lady nods and closes the portal beside her. 'Good.' She thought

"I'm bringing her to her room, we're gonna talk... later." He said while lifting his daughter, still glaring at Tohsaka.

Moments later, Rin Emiya was sleeping in her room. The pair of adults were standing outside the door beside it.

"Tohsaka, living room, let's go."

Rin nods.

The pair walked to the living room of the house. Never saying a word to one another. When they arrived EMIYA crosses his arms and starts asking.

"What is your play here? You're not the type of person to recklessly do things like that." He was doubtful that any of this were unplanned, Rin Tohsaka might me clumsy in some aspects, but not in magecraft, even more now that she's a true magician.

Toshsaka stares at him, not saying a word. "Let's sit, I got things to explain." She taps the sofa.

They sat at the sofa facing each other. "So... Your child, she's adopted, isn't she?"

"Yeah."

Rin smiles while tearing up. "Thank you." That is all she could say.

"For what." The man in front of her cocks a brow.

"Her name, thank you." She wipes the tears in her eyes. She inhales and exhales to start talking. "Now, let me start with this." A piece of cloth appears out of nowhere at the table, it was sixty centimeters in length and width, there were glowing blue patterns drawn in it that looks like a motherboard for a computer.

"Hmmm, what is this?" EMIYA asks, he uses structural analysis at the cloth. "You... checked her magic curcuits?" He asks, reading the history of the cloth. "This is-!" His eyes widened.

Rin nods in affirmation, expecting the reaction.

"Impossible! A hundred or more, she doesn't even have a crest?" In all of the years that EMIYA has worked as a guardian, this was still shocking. A couple hundred wasn't surprising for him, he killed a lot of mages with that amount. But the fact that she doesn't have a magic crest- "More than half of this is at middle quality... a couple of high quality ones as well."

"If you're going to ask on how: The answer is that I've been observing you for awhile now. I've known her name for a long time, I just wanted to thank you personally. As for on why I'm here, the true answer is to train her..."

"-NO." A simple but stern answer came from EMIYA. "Don't... involving her in anything supernatural would-!" He stopped, sensing something listening to them. He observed his surroundings and found the source, it was beyond the door to the bedrooms.

"Shit." He opens the door and found his daughter looking down on the floor, clenching her fist. He didn't know what to say, why was she awake? It has only been a few minutes.

"Explain it to me..." She says, her face darkening in a form of rage.

"I'm so sor-" EMIYA speaks.

"Everything! Tell me everything!" She looks at her father, her eyes tearing up. "I deserve some explanation- urk!" She stops.

She was suddenly enveloped by a warm hug from her father. "Don't-" She sniffles "T-touch me!" She yells, trying her best to push her father away to no avail, the man was simply stronger than her.

"Please, forgive me..." He spoke to her daughter gently, stroking her hair with his hand. "I love you, please don't cry anymore... I will tell you everything." The former guardian says. Over the years, the man had softened up, his new weakness being his daughter's tears. This was the perfect tool to break his stubbornness. 'How stupid, of course I can't hide it forever.'

Rin stopped pushing, hearing what her father said. "You-!" She wipes her tears and pouts like a child. "If you say it like that, of course I'm gonna stop!" Rin was the same, she always feels sorry immediately on the rare occasions that her father breaks his stoic attitude. "Just... tell me everything, okay?"

Her father lets go of the hug and looks at her. "Yes, I will. Let's eat first, the dinner is getting cold."

She smiles. "Of course."

A minute later they started eating dinner. The pair of father and daughter ate silently while Tohsaka was commenting on the fact that her father was still as good as ever and would love to challenge him in a cooking contest if they got the time. While she was doing this, Rin Emiya was staring holes at her, really confused about the strange lady that her dad bought home. Moments later they started explaining.

...

...

...

"So- let me get this straight!" Rin Emiya spoke while looking back and fort from her parent and the strange lady in a dress, she was sitting beside her poor father who was looking apologetic.

"You're magic!" She points at the lady. "Dad is ALSO magic!" Her father nods, albeit reluctantly.

"And he's an Ex-black ops of the collective will of humanity- whatever that means!"

"Rin, I-I'm-!" EMIYA tried to speak.

"And I'm supposed to be shocked about being adopted!" She breathes. "Deep breathes Emiya... relax..." She calms down and continues speaking. "Miss Tohsaka? Speaking of adoptions have you looked into my parents yet?"

Tohsaka raises brow. "Child, you are taking this news surprisingly well, a little bit too well..." She eyes the young lady intently.

"Hm, I have been thinking in this for the last couple of months... there is a reason why dad doesn't tell me about my mother, I've come into all sorts of conclusions... I've come to accept whatever the truth is." She smirks at her father. "Besides, that doesn't change the fact that this man right here is my family... whether we find who my parents are, it doesn't matter."

"That is mature of you, but sadly I did not look into who your parents are yet, I am... too busy with- let's say, less than natural affairs." The second magician said.

"Magic stuff?"

" Thaumaturgy is the proper term, but yes, you are correct. But why did you ask about your parents?"

"Curious." The young lady shrugged.

"That's it?"

"Yep." She responded, popping the "P" while answering.

EMIYA just stared at the talking pair. While they were discussing about the differences of magic and magecraft the man was contemplating his decisions until now, hiding the truth from Rin was correct... but it doesn't mean that it was right. She has to know for them to bond properly, the secrets he kept were hurting her more than it is hurting him.

All their conversation turned into white noise as he enters deep in his internal monologues. A thing that he does that he is unfortunately still unaware of to this day. He thought of the days that he had to hide it from her while she was staring at him innocently, oh he could still feel the guil- no! No hesitation, he made that decision and here are the consequences. He will have to deal with that as he always did.

Hiding secrets was not his forte in the first place, sure could hide magecaft but that's because he barely uses it on his day-to-day life. He only uses it when practicing. Rin would know about it one way or another, hiding past would do no good to both to them.

Besides, those days are beyond him. The naïve boy dreamed of saving everyone was dead and will never come back. The path that made him a machine of a person will be revealed sooner or later, maybe it would serve as a warning for his daughter. He IS and anti-hero after all, an entity meant to be a cautionary tale than an inspirational one. This time, he would save the ones he cherishes, and if it starts with revealing everything to Rin then...

"-Thankfully he was contracted with saber and her sheath activated or he would've died with his guts spilled out..." This is the first line that he heard after coming back to the conversation. He was missing some context but-

'Oh god she's recounting the grail war ain't she!?' He panics after realizing that she was gonna reveal his idiotic past.

To his surprise, Rin Emiya's eyes glimmered in admiration instead of disdain. 'Alright, this is weird even by my skewed standards of weirdness.'

"So... He was like that?"

Tohsaka looks down solemnly. "Yeah, I was really angry that he did that." She says while tearing up a little. "Oh, I'm sorry, I just get nostalgic when I think of those days." She wipes her tear with a handkerchief. "By the way, Emiya-kun?"

EMIYA jolted. "Yeah?"

"I'll stay her for the night, can you prepare a room for me?" She asks in a casual tone.

"Don't you stay at you portable workshop or something?" He asks.

"Don't you wanna sleep in a place full of unstable and volatile interdimensional elements that may or may not explode at any point in time?" She rebutted sarcastically.

'Sarcasm's my thing damnit!' EMIYA thought, his shoulders drooped when he realized that there's nothing stops her from getting what she wants. "Fine" He stands up and beckons Tohsaka to come with him. "The toilet's at the right." He turns his head to his daughter. "Rin? Can you wash the dishes for me, I'm preparing Tohsaka's bedroom."

"Sure." She nods.

While they were walking to the guest room, EMIYA started a conversation. "Why did you not tell her about the curcuits?" He asks.

Tohsaka chuckles. "You clearly don't approve of it, I'll wait for your decision. She has immense potential but I cannot take her away from here..."

"Hm, good thing you didn't let the magus side of you take over."

"Good thing indeed..." The lady replies.

(Back to the present.)

"Rin, someone hired the main team for catering services for a birthday. I'll come home late." He says as he serves the omurice.

"Hm? Who hired you." She asks.

"Kusanagi's the family name, pretty big one."

"Ok, did you leave the usual? I'll cook my meal tonight."

"Yeah, it's in the fridge, you won't invite your friends?"

Rin smiles at the recommendation. "Wait, really!?"

EMIYA nods.

"Even a sleepover!?"

Her father nods again, smirking.

"Yes! Thank you dad!" She opens her phone and starts texting, only for it to be taken away. "Wha-?"

"No phones during mealtime, young lady." He says.

Rin pouts. "Okay..."

EMIYA chuckles. "So, Tohsaka, what are your plans for today?" He asks the unzombiefied lady in pajamas.

"I'll have to leave early today, Chaldea called." She spoke while drinking coffee.

EMIYA hummed, Chaldea calling help from the Kaleidoscope was rare. Maybe this it pretty big. "Ok, let's eat." He sits down.

They clasped their hands together and spoke in unison:

"Itadakimasu~"

A/N; No magecraft for Rin today, but that's because I want EMIYA to teach it to her instead. Tohsaka's leaving for now, but as you can see I'm hinting some Chaldea shenanigans, until next time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111K 3.1K 32
They were both Counter Guardians. They were both siblings that had never met. They were from separate realities. Yet a disturbance unexpectantly brou...
52.9K 1.6K 99
He was a hopeless man, a man who would amount to a little more than a fool. Yet this man pursued an endless dream, a dream in which he could hold her...
65K 1.8K 113
A brother who made a irreversible mistake gains a chance to make up for it in his second life ashton Leywin won't make the same mistake. he will prot...
392K 12.2K 45
[This story slowly descends into a crack fic, you've been warned.] As a Guardian, it's his duty to follow orders. Especially protecting mankind's ext...