she is the best thing that's...

By multi_fand0mxx

Friend to lovers story :))) Marinette's twin sister y/n shuchun cheng is someone who has standards for men an... More

A/n and character profile
1: Y/n Shuchun Cheng
2: The first encounter
3: Hesitations
4: Sister bonding time
5: A Friendly outing
6: The distance between us
7: The annual Valentine's Day Dance
8: Typical questions about boys
9: Decorating committee
10: Will you be my date to the Valentine's Day dance?
11: Valentine's Day pt 1
12: Valentine's Day pt 2
13: Chilly nights in Paris
14: An unexpected incident
15: Family reunion
16: Sick day
17: Study date
18: The confession
18: Home alone
19: Sleepover at the Couffaine's
20: Babysitting duties
21: Bestie hangout time
22: Cheng sisters' sweet sixteen
23: Mutual friendship
24: Marinette and Adrien's moment
25: Lady's days
26: Jealousy and overthinking
27: Making up pt 1
28: Making up pt 2
29: No longer just friends
30: Spooky season
31: Chloe's sweet sixteen
32: Homecoming preparations
33: Homecoming dance
34: Leaving Paris for a while
35: Long distances
37: Finally reunited
38: Christmas morning
40: 1 year together

39: Third-wheeler

95 2 0
By multi_fand0mxx

If you have seen Justin Bieber's music video Mistletoe, this scenario is going to be similar to that plot in the MV. 

As the sun was going down in Paris, Luka decided to take y/n to the Christmas fair with many activities and food trucks similar to the Halloween fair 2 months ago. Luka and y/n were sitting outside a café having something hot in the cold weather.

"If you're alright with me asking why does your father ask you and Marinette to wear Santa dresses every year on Christmas?" Luka asked.

"Well, I don't know actually, I guess the first time me and my sister wore this kind of dress he likes it and makes it a thing for us every year." Y/n replied. "But thank the lords that next year we don't have to wear them anymore." She sighed.

"Really, you should have extended your deal of not wearing the dress anymore when you turn 20." Luka sulked.

"Nah, I think 18 is a good age to stop. Me and my sister didn't exactly like the thought of wearing it but we appreciate the present from my dad." Y/n say, taking another sip of her hot chocolate. As the couple continued talking, another girl from afar recognized Luka as she went up to the two.

"Luka, it's been a while." The girl pulled a chair from a vacant table and sat next to Luka. Y/n instantly noticed and had two gut feelings in her arising, jealousy and insecurity.

"Sarah, it's been a while, how have you been?" Luka turned to her.

"I've been alright, my parents took a trip here to visit some relatives and they told me about this Christmas fair too." Sarah explained. She then noticed y/n who was silent the whole time and asked, "Aren't you from Tiktok?"

"Me? Yeah, my best friend Zoe and I do dances together." Y/n replied.

"I knew you looked familiar from afar. One of your friend's videos came up on my For You Page and I think you two make great dance partners." Sarah smiled. Y/n smiled back as Sarah and Luka continued catching up with each other. After a while, y/n got bored as she got up without the two noticing and wandered around the fair. Many stall holders were advertising their products to y/n but she turned them down nicely as she continued looking around. Y/n came across a pop-up store that had crochet plush toys as she admired a few.

"I should've brought more money for this." Y/n muttered, opening her wallet to find small notes and coins. Disappointed, y/n took one last look at the plush toys before wandering somewhere else.

"Hey, there you are, I thought I lost you." Luka caught sight of y/n as she snapped out of her thoughts.

"Sorry, I was just looking around." Y/n apologized. Both Luka and y/n continued exploring the fair, playing a few games and enjoying more holiday treats. Both Luka and y/n passed by the same crochet store she came across earlier as she stared at the penguin and the axolotl plush toys.

"Do you want it?" Luka asked.

"Me? No, it's fine I can always ask Marinette to make one. She's really good at crocheting." Y/n lied.

"Honey, I know you're lying. If you want it I can buy it for you." Luka nudged.

"No, seriously, it's fine I don't need it." Y/n say, brushing past Luka. Before Luka was about to go after y/n, he heard a familiar voice call him.

"Oh, hey Luka, we meet again." Sarah started.

"Hey, planning to buy one of these keychains?" Luka asked, pointing at the crocheted keychains.

"I was actually, for my other two friends back in London." Sarah replied. "What about you, I think the penguin looks cute." She pointed. Luka looked up to see where y/n went but she disappeared in the crowd. Feeling a slight bit of guilt that he yet again made the same mistake with his childhood friend Monica, he replied, "Yeah, the penguin and the axolotl do look cute."

"Would you like to pack them in a box?" The stall owner asked as Luka nodded.

"What about you young lady, would you like a box for your two keychains?" The stall owner asked Sarah.

"It's alright thanks." Sarah smiled.

"Enjoy the rest of your night you two." The stall owner smiled as Luka and Sarah wished her Merry Christmas before leaving.

"You sure you don't need a ride back to your hotel?" Luka asked.

"It's fine, I can find my own way and I do speak a little bit of French so I'll be alright on my own." Sarah replied. "Besides, I think your girlfriend wants some time with her boyfriend." She continued.

"How did you know y/n was my girlfriend?" Luka asked.

"Don't try to act dumb in front of me dude, you two post cute pictures on social media." Sarah replied. "Not to mention that the captions are either cute nicknames you give her or red hearts." She continued.

"Right, well yeah, maybe I should go look for her and hand her this." Luka fidgeted with the box.

"Go get her Luka, I'm sure she wants you to spend time with her." Sarah insisted.

"Are you sure you'll be alright?" Luka asked.

"Yes, for the millionth time, I'll be fine. Merry Christmas!" Sarah smiled.

"Merry Christmas." Luka smiled as he left the fair and went to y/n's house to look for her.

*-*

"Hey, how was the-"

"It's like he completely forgot I existed!" Y/n barged into the house, slamming the door behind her, storming up to her room and shutting the door hard.

"Sorry Adrien, why don't you head home first." Marinette insisted.

"I get it, your twin needs you right now, Merry Christmas my queen." Adrien got up and pecked Marinette on her cheek.

"Merry Christmas babe." Marinette gently pressed her lips against Adrien's before Adrien left the house. Marinette then went to y/n's room where the door was closed.

"Y/n, what's going on?" Marinette knocked on the door.

"Leave me alone!" Y/n huffed.

"C'mon, why don't we talk about it, please?" Marinette begged but there was no response. Marinette sighed and insisted, "Why don't you bunk with me tonight." The door opened a few moments later as y/n hugged her pillow and nodded. Marinette cleared her bed as y/n tossed her pillow onto the bed, hopping into Marinette's bed.

"Come here little sis." Marinette spread her arms as y/n snuggled against her sister and explained everything.

*-*

Luka on the other hand had just arrived at y/n's house and now had to find a way to give y/n her present without anyone knowing he's there. A lightbulb went off as he thought back at the time where he claimed he would climb up a ladder and sneak into y/n's bedroom.

"Wait but if I didn't actually come back today then why would you be here to sleep over?" Y/n asked.

"I mean I would climb through your window and sleep in it before leaving the next morning." Luka replied.

"You'd do that?" Y/n asked as Luka nodded.

It took Luka a while to find a ladder but luckily, one of the neighbours admiring the night sky saw him and helped by passing him their ladder. Positioning the ladder at y/n's bedroom, Luka cautiously climbed up the ladder to y/n's room and realized she's not there. He tried to open the window but it was locked too. He then remembered y/n telling him that she would go to Marinette's room when she's feeling down. Luka climbed down the ladder, shifted the ladder to Marinette's window and climbed up again.

*-*

Once y/n was fast asleep, Marinette was about to prepare for bed when she heard a knock on the window. Marinette walked towards the window and had a shock when she saw Luka was outside.

"Are you insane? What are you doing here?" Marinette opened the window.

"I know y/n is upset with me right now but do you think you can pass this to her?" Luka begged, passing Marinette the box of crocheted plush toys. Marinette took the box from Luka and replied, "Alright. You should head home now. Merry Christmas Luka."

"Merry Christmas Marinette." Luka smiled. "Tell y/n that I'm sorry and I wish her Merry Christmas too." He continued.

"Don't fall off the ladder will you?" Marinette teased.

"I'll be careful." Luka smiled as he slowly climbed down the ladder. Marinette on the other hand went to y/n's room and placed the box on her bed before going back to her room.

The next morning...

Y/n woke up before Marinette the next day and went back to her room. When she entered her room, y/n noticed a box on the bed with a piece of paper on it. Sitting on her bed, y/n reached for the box and read the note that had the initials L and C.

'If you're reading this, I just want to say Merry Christmas and I'm sorry.' The note said as y/n smiled before opening the box and gasping.

"Do you want it?" Luka asked.

"Me? No, it's fine I can always ask Marinette to make one. She's really good at crocheting." Y/n lied.

"Honey, I know you're lying. If you want it I can buy it for you." Luka nudged.

"No, seriously, it's fine I don't need it." Y/n say, brushing past Luka.

"He didn't have to." Y/n muttered, admiring the plush toys. 

Word count: 1562

Here's how Sarah looks like in this chapter: 

And the cute plushies: 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.1K 2.3K 42
Marinette is a rich girl, but she isn't that happy with her boyfriend Luka who was imposed by her family, she never known about love or good and happ...
237K 7.8K 24
**This work has been rereleased as "Cat's eye", it now contains ALL CONTENT from this fic and MORE new Chapters. New Readers, please start with that...
985K 37.8K 40
(y/n) and Luka have been best friends as long as they could remember. Luka plays guitar in his little sister's band, Kitty Section, while (y/n) loves...
169K 4.9K 59
With 15 you fell in love with the first time but you got heartbroken. You started to hate loving someone and started to concentrate into your career...