she is the best thing that's...

Від multi_fand0mxx

Friend to lovers story :))) Marinette's twin sister y/n shuchun cheng is someone who has standards for men an... Більше

A/n and character profile
1: Y/n Shuchun Cheng
2: The first encounter
3: Hesitations
4: Sister bonding time
5: A Friendly outing
6: The distance between us
7: The annual Valentine's Day Dance
8: Typical questions about boys
9: Decorating committee
10: Will you be my date to the Valentine's Day dance?
11: Valentine's Day pt 1
12: Valentine's Day pt 2
13: Chilly nights in Paris
14: An unexpected incident
15: Family reunion
16: Sick day
17: Study date
18: The confession
18: Home alone
19: Sleepover at the Couffaine's
20: Babysitting duties
21: Bestie hangout time
22: Cheng sisters' sweet sixteen
23: Mutual friendship
24: Marinette and Adrien's moment
25: Lady's days
26: Jealousy and overthinking
27: Making up pt 1
28: Making up pt 2
29: No longer just friends
30: Spooky season
31: Chloe's sweet sixteen
32: Homecoming preparations
33: Homecoming dance
34: Leaving Paris for a while
37: Finally reunited
38: Christmas morning
39: Third-wheeler
40: 1 year together

35: Long distances

64 1 0
Від multi_fand0mxx

23rd December

5 weeks of teaching went by quickly. Y/n and Fei definitely got closer during the programme and y/n even had a few new friends who were student teachers at the programme. Since it was the last day of the programme, the student teachers only had to teach until 1.30pm that day. When their final teaching lesson was done, the organizer gathered all the student teachers and announced that the programme was successful and how they were opening up lessons for the poor children to learn Chinese for free. Once the teenagers were dismissed, they all went out for lunch at a restaurant in the central to celebrate.

"5 weeks in this programme has been fun getting to know you guys and teach the poor." One of the teenagers Valerie, who was half American half Chinese started.

"Indeed, spending time with you guys has been great. Even my English has improved too." Another Chinese boy spoke.

"I'm heading back to Paris tonight, I'm going to miss you guys a lot." Y/n spoke.

"来吧,我们拍个合照记住这个记忆。Pinyin: Lái ba, wǒ men pāi gè hé zhào jì zhù zhè ge jì yì (Translation: Come on, let's take a group photo to remember this memory)" One girl spoke as everyone gathered around to take a few pictures. After hanging out for almost the whole afternoon, the teenagers separated ways and wished each other luck in the future.

"Gee, I'm really going to miss everyone, especially Jia Yi (嘉怡), the one who asked to take a group photo." Y/n sighed.

"Well, I'm going to miss having another unrelated sister in Shanghai." Fei had an arm around y/n as the two girls walked back to Uncle Wang's restaurant. Once the girls reached the restaurant, they headed to their bedroom to rest a while. At the same time, y/n started packing her things

"I can call the same driver who picked you up from the airport 5 weeks ago to send you to the airport tonight." Fei insisted.

"Thanks." Y/n smiled. "What are you going to do now since the programme is over and some of the student teachers have to go back since some are from different parts of China and the world?" She asked.

"Well, some of them live in Shanghai so I can hang out with them. Most importantly, I still have your uncle's restaurant to help out in." Fei replied.

"Oh, I see." Y/n sighed.

"What about you, what are you going to do when you return back to Paris? Other than spending Christmas with your family." Fei asked.

"I have to choose a career path. I'll be getting my results from my major exam next year but when I get them, I have to choose a college to go to." Y/n replied.

"Oh, what are you going to do?" Fei asked.

"I'm still deciding between marine biology or being a makeup artist." Y/n replied.

"Ooh, marine biology sounds interesting." Fei commented.

"Yeah, but if I want to get into the course I need to get really good results." Y/n sighed.

"I'm sure you'll do alright." Fei reassured as y/n smiled. She then remembered she needed to call Marinette to explain her plan of surprising everyone. Y/n turned on her computer and tried to video call Marinette.

"Hey little sis, any news about the programme?" Marinette asked.

"Is there anyone with you right now?" Y/n asked.

"Well, Adrien is coming over now. Mom and dad went out to buy dinner." Marinette replied.

"Okay the programme actually ended today and I'm leaving tonight." Y/n started to explain.

"Ooh, can't wait, need me to come and get you?" Marinette asked.

"Best not to, I want it to be a surprise." Y/n replied. "I explained to Zoe to find a box big enough to fit me. Just tell Luka that there is a present for him from me. When I reach home, I'll text you to come and get me from the back door." She continued.

"Anything else I need to do?" Marinette asked.

"Record Luka's reaction to the 'gift' from me." Y/n replied. "I heard mom and dad invited him over for dinner on Christmas eve."

"Hey you." Marinette turned to Adrien as they both shared a kiss in front of y/n which made her miss Luka.

"Oh, y/n, how are you, when are you coming back?" Adrien asked.

"She's coming back tonight for dinner." Marinette replied.

"Please don't let the cat out of the bag yet, my parents and Luka don't know about it yet and I want it to be a surprise." Y/n begged.

"Don't worry, I won't tell anyone. What time is your flight?" Adrien asked.

"2.15am, meaning I'll reach Paris 8pm." Y/n replied as both Adrien and Marinette gasped.

"That early in the morning in Shanghai? Are you playing with us right now?" Marinette asked.

"Guys, I'm really not. This was the only flight that could bring me back in time for Christmas eve dinner. I heard mom is making a lot of my favourite dishes and there is no way I'm missing them out." Y/n replied as the couple on the other line stared at y/n blankly. "I'll at least sleep on the plane." Y/n added.

"Well, see you tonight y/n, I have to help mom and dad now." Marinette said.

"See you guys, make sure you don't tell anyone especially mom and dad, and Luka." Y/n warned.

"Don't worry, we won't tell anyone." Marinette and Adrien reassured.

"Good, bye for now." Y/n waved as she hung up.

~

Time in Shanghai: 22.00

When it was time for y/n to go, she got her luggage and got ready to leave the room she shared with Fei for 5 weeks.

"Come back soon y/n." Fei started as she wrapped her arms around y/n.

"I'm gonna miss you too Fei, we'll see each other again on Chinese New Year." Y/n hugged her friend back before leaving.

"Safe flight back my little blueberry, say hi to your parents and sister for me." Uncle Wang say as he hugged y/n.

"See you next year Uncle Wang." Y/n say as she waved to her uncle and Fei before leaving the restaurant where her ride was waiting for her. On the way to the airport, y/n admired the really early morning view from the van as she thought about how much she was going to miss Shanghai. When y/n reached Shanghai's international airport, she checked in her larger luggage before going through the departure hall. While waiting for the gate to open, y/n decided to look around at the different shops to see what they had. Y/n ended up buying another shade of lip gloss from a makeup shop before leaving. Since not a lot of restaurants and cafes weren't open, the only 24-hour place y/n could go to in the airport was Starbucks. Y/n bought her usual order before walking around the area.

~

Time in Shanghai: 02.00 (in the morning)

When the boarding gate finally opened, y/n walked to the boarding gate and waited for her cue to board the plane. After getting comfortable in her seat, y/n relaxed and waited for the plane to take off. Throughout the whole flight, y/n took a nap for a while and watched a few movies when the plane was about to reach Paris.

Time in Paris: 20.05

After a long flight, y/n was finally home. Looking out of the window, it started to snow in Paris. After passing through immigration, y/n got her bigger luggage from the conveyer belt and exited the arrival hall to flag down a taxi. She then texted Marinette and Zoe about her arrival and asked them to stand by.

*-*

Meanwhile at the Cheng residence, the family was preparing the table for dinner. This year, Tom and Sabine decided to let Marinette invite the gang over for dinner and Marinette convinced Adrien's parents to let him sleepover with her for that night. Luka on the other hand convinced his parents to let him sleep with y/n for one night and they agreed as long as they don't get intimate after hearing rumours going on saying y/n was coming back on Christmas eve.

"Marinette, someone's at the door, could you go get it?" Sabine called from the kitchen.

"On it." Marinette replied as she went to the front door to welcome Alix and Mylene.

"Merry early Christmas girls, come on in." Marinette welcomed as Alix and Mylene entered her house. At the same time, Marinette got a text from y/n, saying she was waiting at the back door already.

"Oh, I think I left something outside, let me go and get it." Marinette made an excuse as she grabbed her coat and went out of the house by the back door to get her sister. 

Word count: 1460

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

62.3K 1.3K 15
Well it all goes like usual marinette getting aboanded by her friends because of sausages hair fanfiction /stories .......... But this one is with a...
102K 1.6K 36
Marinette got accepted to a new school but this school is for the Rich. Although Marinette's parents have a successful business, they aren't million...
811K 27.2K 54
Y/n Dupain-Cheng never got along with her fraternal twin sister Marinette. With opposite, colliding personalities, the two have a final fight that e...
20.3K 1.2K 44
"Do you believe in love Marinette?" "Love doesn't exist Adrien, trust me" "Love exist Marinette, but you need to know with who you share it" "Provide...