she is the best thing that's...

By multi_fand0mxx

Friend to lovers story :))) Marinette's twin sister y/n shuchun cheng is someone who has standards for men an... More

A/n and character profile
1: Y/n Shuchun Cheng
2: The first encounter
3: Hesitations
4: Sister bonding time
5: A Friendly outing
6: The distance between us
7: The annual Valentine's Day Dance
8: Typical questions about boys
9: Decorating committee
10: Will you be my date to the Valentine's Day dance?
11: Valentine's Day pt 1
12: Valentine's Day pt 2
13: Chilly nights in Paris
14: An unexpected incident
15: Family reunion
16: Sick day
17: Study date
18: The confession
18: Home alone
19: Sleepover at the Couffaine's
20: Babysitting duties
21: Bestie hangout time
22: Cheng sisters' sweet sixteen
23: Mutual friendship
24: Marinette and Adrien's moment
25: Lady's days
26: Jealousy and overthinking
27: Making up pt 1
28: Making up pt 2
29: No longer just friends
30: Spooky season
31: Chloe's sweet sixteen
33: Homecoming dance
34: Leaving Paris for a while
35: Long distances
37: Finally reunited
38: Christmas morning
39: Third-wheeler
40: 1 year together

32: Homecoming preparations

84 2 0
By multi_fand0mxx

1 week before Homecoming (This occurs during the same week of Chloe's birthday)

Currently, it was November and the twins were finally free from exams. They have officially graduated from high school and were currently waiting for their results to determine their next step in life. The girls were just briefed about the homecoming dance and Luka's school was going to y/n and Marinette's school like during Valentine's Day.

"Marinette, let's go prom dress shopping!" Y/n insisted.

"You go, I have something to work on." Marinette replied.

"Again, what are you even working on?" Y/n whined.

"It's uh, a personal project of my own." Marinette replied.

"Fine, I'll ask Zoe to follow me." Y/n groaned as she left the house and called Zoe.

"Sure y/n, I'll head over now, see you then!" Zoe agreed as she headed to the mall with y/n. When the two girls met, they immediately started their hunt for a dress.

"What kind of design are you looking at y/n?" Zoe asked.

"I really love those type of flowy dresses you know, but not too long." Y/n replied.

"What colour?" Zoe asked.

"Either pastel pink or purple." Y/n replied. "What about you?" She asked.

"Same thing actually but something not too long." Zoe replied. The girls reached their first dress shop as they admired the many prom dresses of different colours and types. Y/n and Zoe picked out a few dresses to try on and managed to find one that both of them liked.

"Zoe, you look beautiful in that." Y/n commented when Zoe came out in strapless pastel pink layered dress where the front of the skirt was touching her knees while the back was a few inches off the ground and had a flowery pattern on it.

"Thanks, let's see your dress." Zoe smiled as y/n came out in a long pastel pink off-shoulder glittery dress that nearly touched the floor.

"Woah, that looks stunning." Zoe commented.

"I think this is the one for me." Y/n said, checking herself out in the mirror. The girls paid for their dresses as they left the shop.

"I need shoes now." Zoe said.

"I know where we can get them, follow me." Y/n replied as she brought Zoe to her favourite shoe shop. After trying on a few shoes, Zoe found the one she likes the most and bought it.

"Oh, do you think it's alright if I come over early to your house so you can do my makeup? I'm still learning and I'm not too good at it." Zoe asked.

"Sure, I could help you do your hair too." Y/n insisted. Zoe wrapped an arm around y/n and thanked her.

"I'm rooting for you to be homecoming queen this year, I heard Chloe's always been homecoming queen but we want someone new this year." Zoe smiled.

"Me? Homecoming queen, that is a title. I bet Adrien is going to be homecoming king this year, some random football guy was homecoming king every year but since he went back to London this year, Adrien could be the next homecoming king." Y/n betted.

"Oh, and I signed the both of us up to perform." Zoe added.

"What? Sometimes I need a break from dancing, it's been draining me a lot these days and I'm kind off rusty after the exams." Y/n sighed.

"Calm down, we're not going to dance, we're going to sing." Zoe reassured.

"Sing? You can sing too?" Y/n questioned as Zoe nodded.

"Gee, there is a lot of things you don't tell me Zo." Y/n teased. "When do we have to go for auditions?" She asked.

"Tomorrow after school." Zoe replied.

"Alright, let's do this. What are we going to be singing?" Y/n asked.

"Night changes by One Direction." Zoe replied.

"Ooh, love that song." Y/n replied.

~

The next day...

"Alright, can the next auditionees come in?" The student council called from inside the music room as Zoe and y/n entered the music room.

"Hello, I am Zoe and this is my best friend y/n and our duo name is called The Shining Soul Sisters." Zoe introduced herself and y/n to the student judges. A/n: Random name I know...

"Are you guys going to sing or dance today?" The student councillor asked.

"We're going to sing Night Changes by One Direction." Zoe replied as a teacher handed both a mic to the girls. Zoe gave a thumbs up to start the audio she sent in as the teacher played the audio. Both girls started to sing when their parts came in as the student councillors and teachers watched their performances. At the end of their performance, everyone in the room applauded for them.

"That was beautiful. You, blondie have a very angelic voice and you, blue-head show a lot of passion in singing. Well done girls." The teacher commented.

"We will let you know again when you get in." The student councillor smiled as Zoe and y/n left the music room. One day later, Zoe got the news that both girls got in and had to go for rehearsals.

On the first day of rehearsal, Zoe and y/n planned on how they were going to sing while walk around the hall with everyone standing up and conversing with each other.

"Okay, so first, since you're singing first, you'll come out of the right curtain and sing your part. Then I'll come out and sing my part. As we descend the stairs, the crowd watching us should automatically make a path for us to walk down together in between back and forth. The last position we should be at is the middle of the hall. When the song ends, we will bow together and exit by the back stage and join the dance again." Y/n explained.

"That sounds really confusing but we can try it out now since no one is using the stage." Zoe insisted as the girls got into position, Zoe at the right curtain while y/n on the left.

"Walk out now." Y/n gestured as Zoe started walking down the stair to the ground followed by y/n. When both of them were on the ground, y/n explained, "Great, now we need to walk together down the hall. Our footsteps have to be in sync as we continue singing."

"Okay, let's decide we step on our left leg first." Zoe suggested as y/n nodded. Both girls stuck out their left foot and took their first step. The girls continued being in sync until they reached the halfway mark of the hall where they would make a U-Turn.

"Alright, let's remember this second pillar is where we have to turn back." Y/n suggested as Zoe nodded. The girls turned around and continued walking till they were close to the first step of the stairs where they would walk in opposite ways before coming back together.

"This is very awkward without the music but I could get used to the plan." Zoe said.

"Performers, gather please." The teacher called all the performers and the student councillors who were in charged of decorating the hall. As everyone gathered around, the teacher mentioned the line-up that was going to happen on the day of homecoming. Y/n and Zoe were scheduled to perform right before the announcement of homecoming king and queen. After debriefing everyone, the student councillors got back to decorating the hall while the performers got back to rehearsing before their run-throughs. Y/n and Zoe went through their rehearsal smoothly the first time as everyone around cheered for them. After a few rehearsal days, y/n and Zoe were ready for their performance that none of their friends knew about. 

Word count: 1273 

Y/n's dress: 

Zoe's dress: 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 3.3K 30
"Don't hurt him! What'd he do to you?" "Thank... thank you..." -- "If you hurt her, I'll break your spine." "Luka...?" {}{}{}{}{} Cover by me! (I'm s...
500K 14K 102
(Y/N) (L/N) flew all the way to Paris France, due to her familys business taking off and expanding. In an unexpected event at one of Jagged Stones co...
15.1K 427 26
As I went down the steps into the lower cabin, I walked into a room that seemed to lead to all the others . Turning to my right, I was slightly start...
33.7K 966 34
"It takes a broken heart, to know how to break a heart." Adrien Agreste has never been the same since his mother died. He refuses to get attached to...