Live A Little

By DiviRandhawa

Enemies to lovers with a family twist! Alora Frank has been living her life under the abuse of her mother and... More

Characters and descriptions
Playlist of this story
Ch 1 : Life
Ch 2 : Daughter?!?
Ch 3 : Father?
Ch 4 : Home
Ch 5 : Brothers
Ch 6 : Meeting
Ch 7 : Bonding
Ch 8 : Shopping
Ch 9 : Bonding with the Bros
Ch 10: Panic
Ch 11 : Unexpected Encounter
Character part 2
Ch 12 : Him!
Ch 13 : Car Race
Ch 14 : Apologies
Ch 15: Art
Ch 16 : Revenge
Ch 17 : Panic attack
Ch 18 : Gun!
A/N
Ch 19 : Church
Ch 20 : Birthday
Ch 21 : Her!
Ch 22 : Chase
A/N
Ch 23 : Stalker?
Ch 24 : Locker
Ch 26 : Past
Ch 27 : Date?
A/N
Ch 28 : Disappointed
A/N
Ch 29 : Like
Ch 30 : Dating?
A/N
Ch 31: Her truth

Ch 25 : Hiding

629 14 4
By DiviRandhawa

Alora's p.o.v

Blood.

It was everywhere. Bodies, some familiar, surrounded me. This is your fault, darling. They are gone because they loved you, a voice echoed.

Gasping, I sat up, my body drenched in sweat.

"Hey, hey. Youre okay. Youre safe," Elias's voice soothed me as he switched on the lights. What are you still doing here? I asked, clearing my throat. He simply shrugged. Didnt you go home? I queried. No, he mumbled, handing me a water bottle. Why? I pressed. Just drink the water, he retorted, rolling his eyes.

After finishing the water, I interrogated him again. Why? Why what? he countered, leaning back in his chair. Why are you still here? I persisted. Because he began. Because I echoed. I was forced to, he admitted, looking away. His response stung for some reason. Oh, sorry. You can go, I offered.

Do you really think if I was forced to be here, I would still be here? he challenged. Huh? I responded, not comprehending his words. I wanted to be here, now my turn, he clarified. Hm, I hummed.

Do you want to talk about your nightmare? he asked gently. How did you know I had a nightmare? I questioned, feeling a bit creeped out.

Well, you woke up in sweat and you looked quite scared, he reasoned. Just a bad nightmare, I dismissed, not wanting to dwell on it too much. I didnt want a stupid nightmare to ruin my relationships.

Wheres dad and the others? I asked. Theyre just doingstuff, he replied awkwardly. What stuff? I probed. Ask when they come. Do you think you can sleep now? he asked cautiously. You can sleep if you want, I offered. Im asking if you can sleep, he clarified. Iam not sure, I confessed honestly. Thats okay, he reassured. We can do something till then, Elias suggested. Oh yeah, like what? I asked. Tag, he proposed.

I grabbed a tissue box from the hospital side table and threw it at him. He caught it while laughing, and his laughter was contagious. In a matter of seconds, I found myself laughing too. We stayed like that for a while, just two souls laughing to take away the pain. Even though we despised each other, we always found peace in each others company.

-----

Elias kept me entertained by cracking a few jokes and showing me some movies. It kept me distracted from thinking about the nightmare, but somehow it always came back.

Was I really the reason my loved ones would get hurt?

Something seems to be bothering you, Elias observed. Just thinking, I replied.

Hmm, Alora, you do realize that we cant support you or help you if you dont let us, Elias whispered, his tone soft.

I dont need help, I retorted, becoming defensive. I didnt need help, not now. They werent even there when I actually needed help. What could they do now? When all the damage was done

Everyone needs help, and admitting that will never make you weak. It will always uplift you and make you stronger, no matter what stereotypes there are. Asking for help will never make you weak, Elias said, slowly taking my hand. I registered his words. Asking for help doesnt make you weak, but what if you cant ask for that help? No matter how much you try, you cant ask, not even when you need it the most. Squeezing his hand, I smiled.

He was about to say something else when we heard a cough. Turning my head back, I saw dad. But instead of smiling, he was glaring at our intertwined hands. I let go slowly, seeing his face relax. Hows my sweetheart doing? Dad asked, hugging me. Better, I mumbled, hugging him tighter. Something about a fathers embrace just makes you feel safe

Elias, Dad glared at him, but then he sighed, smiling. Thank you, he said, hearing the gratitude in Eliass eyes widen. Ohum, no problem, Elias replied nervously. No, actually, thank you so much, Elias, for being there for her, Dad said, hugging him. No worries, Elias responded. Now shoo, Dad said playfully, pushing him towards the door.

Laughing, he sat beside me. Are you really okay? he asked, his eyes filled with sincerity. I opened my mouth to respond when I remembered Eliass words. Asking for help never makes you weak. Its okay, I replied. Is there anything I can do? Dad asked, holding my hand.

I shook my head. He was already doing enough. I couldnt ask for anything more. He gave me everything. Do you have an idea who could do this? he asked, making me tense up. Not really, I replied. I didnt think anyone here would do such a thing. Thats okay, you dont worry about anything, he said, kissing my forehead.

-----

I dont think I have laughed this much in my whole life. Dad made sure to act childish and do very stupid things that were funny, but I would never admit that in front of him.

He had to leave because of work, even though he insisted on staying. It was best that he attended to his work problems and not put them aside just to take care of me. I didnt want to be a burden, but somehow I was one, even though they would yell at me for thinking such things.

I couldnt help it. Dad had to manage work, our house, my brothers, and on top of that, me. And now the hospital bills and finding out who put the blood. He already had so much on his plate, and I happened to make it worse.

I sighed. Dad said Marco would come, but he was late.

Guess he didnt want to deal with me either. I slowly got up from the bed to use the washroom but paused when I heard loud voices coming from outside.

My heart thumped in my chest, my throat drying up. I took slow steps towards the door.

Opening it slightly, I relaxed when I heard Dad and Marco. Nothing, Dad sighed. Dont worry, Dad, we are asking around the school to see if anyone saw something, and we are also checking the camera, but whoever it was hacked the camera for that period of time, Marco explained.

I was about to close the door when I heard Xanders voice. I think I found something, he said. What is it? Dad asked. I just got a phone call from Officer Laura, he said. Officer who? Marco questioned.

No

The officer who found Alora. She informed me that there was a breakout in the prison. Two prisoners escaped.

Author's note

Ugh, suspense!

How are you guys? How's life?

How was the chapter?

I wanted to thank all of you for all your love and support. It's your kindness and love that keeps me going. Thank you so much for reading and enjoying the journey of my book. You guys are amazing and I love you all so much!

Never forget you are amazing, beautiful and kind! You belong :)

Quote of the day:

Are your excuses more important than your dreams?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 23.8K 39
How can one event alter the course of your entire life? Going from living with her single beloved mother to flying across the country to live with he...
14.7K 333 19
Aurelia moves in at 15 with her new found family after being apart for 14 years with no memories of them. She grew up in an abusive household so what...
29.2K 518 33
Story about a girl who was taken from her father and 6 brothers at 1 years old and she was physically and Mental abused by her mother and her mother'...
1.9M 51.2K 50
"𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗹𝗱 𝗳𝗼𝗼𝗹𝘀 𝘂𝘀 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗶𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗱 𝗯𝘆 𝗴𝗶𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘂𝘀 𝗽𝗲𝗼𝗽𝗹𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲, 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝘁𝗮𝗸𝗲...