she is the best thing that's...

By multi_fand0mxx

Friend to lovers story :))) Marinette's twin sister y/n shuchun cheng is someone who has standards for men an... More

A/n and character profile
1: Y/n Shuchun Cheng
2: The first encounter
3: Hesitations
4: Sister bonding time
5: A Friendly outing
6: The distance between us
7: The annual Valentine's Day Dance
8: Typical questions about boys
9: Decorating committee
10: Will you be my date to the Valentine's Day dance?
11: Valentine's Day pt 1
12: Valentine's Day pt 2
13: Chilly nights in Paris
14: An unexpected incident
15: Family reunion
16: Sick day
17: Study date
18: The confession
18: Home alone
19: Sleepover at the Couffaine's
20: Babysitting duties
21: Bestie hangout time
22: Cheng sisters' sweet sixteen
23: Mutual friendship
24: Marinette and Adrien's moment
25: Lady's days
26: Jealousy and overthinking
27: Making up pt 1
28: Making up pt 2
30: Spooky season
31: Chloe's sweet sixteen
32: Homecoming preparations
33: Homecoming dance
34: Leaving Paris for a while
35: Long distances
37: Finally reunited
38: Christmas morning
39: Third-wheeler
40: 1 year together

29: No longer just friends

105 1 0
By multi_fand0mxx

Adrienette chapter

Early September...

Currently, there was another school vacation for y/n and Marinette but it was shorter than the one in June. The September holiday only lasts for a week and there was a fair going on throughout the week. Ever since y/n told Adrien about the fair, he decided it was the best way to tell Marinette how he feels. Y/n arranged an outing with Luka and asked Adrien to do the same with Marinette.

"Hey y/n, is there actually a fair in town right now?" Marinette asked.

"Yeah, what's up?" Y/n nodded.

"Adrien asked me to the fair. We're going tomorrow evening." Marinette explained.

"Oh, what a coincidence, Luka and I are going to the fair tomorrow too." Y/n chirped.

"You sure you and Adrien didn't plan anything?" Marinette asked, getting suspicious that y/n and Adrien coincidentally planned to go out on the same day.

"What, of course not, it's just a coincidence that both of us planned to go out tomorrow." Y/n argued. Marinette quickly pushed away the situation and continued designing her dress for a special occasion. Y/n then texted Adrien, asking him, 'Ready for tomorrow?' She and Adrien have been working together since the first day the fair opened to see the rides and booths the fair offered before picking the perfect ride for Adrien and Marinette to go on so that Adrien could finally confess his feelings after almost 2 years.

The day of the meet-up...

"Luka, Adrien, looking for our girls I assume?" Sabine asked as she opened the door and was greeted by Adrien and Luka. Both boys nodded as Marinette and y/n immediately rushed up to their guys, y/n pouncing onto hers while Marinette politely and awkwardly greeting hers.

"Have fun girls, but not too much fun." Tom winked at his daughters while both twins cringed at their dad's joke. The four left the house and headed to the fair where they were hanging out at.

"Gosh, so many things to do, what do we go do first?" Y/n asked.

"How bout our all-time fav, the roller coaster!" Marinette pointed out.

"Yes, let's go! You boys coming?" Y/n asked as Marinette pulled her sister to queue up.

"You girls go first, me and Luka will just hang out for a while." Adrien replied. "I wrote a poem for Marinette, do you think it is alright?" He turned to Luka, showing it to him. Luka glanced through the poem and replied, "I think it's beautiful, Marinette is definitely going to love it."

"Since the girls are going on the roller coaster, what about a little bit of guys time?" Luka nudged.

"You just read my mind." Adrien replied.

"Great, we should tell our girls about where we are." Luka whipped out his phone and texted y/n where the guys were heading. The four played a few games at the booths, went on a few rides and had dinner near the food trucks. There were a few street performances that took place as the four watched a few of the performances.

"Is now a good time to go on the Ferris Wheel?" Adrien whispered to y/n.

"Are you ready?" Y/n asked.

"Kind off." Adrien replied.

"Don't worry, I'm sure you'll do fine, you know what to do, right?" Y/n reassured as Adrien nodded. "Hey guys, why don't we go on the Ferris Wheel now?" She suggested.

"Ooh, I can't, I'm scared of heights, you guys go ahead." Luka lied.

"What, and leave my boyfriend on the ground, being a target of single girls, no way, I'm staying with you." Y/n defended.

"Y/n, I'm sure Luka isn't someone who would be interested in other girls." Marinette reassured which caused y/n to send darts out of her eyes.

"Alright, whatever, all I can say is you're going to miss the beautiful night view." Marinette sighed as she and Adrien joined the queue for the Ferris Wheel.

"Don't worry, I asked the operators here to assign a special capsule for the both of them with a camera in it." Y/n winked at Luka as she whipped out her phone to see Marinette and Adrien entering the capsule with the camera.

*-*

As Adrien and Marinette got comfortable in their capsule, the Ferris Wheel started to move slowly, stopping twice until all the capsules were full before going a few rounds. Marinette and Adrien sat a few meters away from each other with their hands almost touching.

"I didn't know Luka was scared of heights, the last time we went on the Ferris Wheel at Place de la Concorde he happily agreed." Marinette started.

"He probably didn't want to be alone so he sucked in his courage and went on it with you." Adrien suggested.

"But that is even taller than this one we're going on and he's scared of this one, something's not right." Marinette grew suspicious.

"Well, if he doesn't want to go on this then it's his choice." Adrien says. He fidgeted with fingers for a while before remembering the poem he wrote a week ago in class. Taking the paper out, he spoke, "Hey, I wrote something for the girl I love but I'm not sure if it's alright."

"The girl, you love." Marinette looked down, thinking it was not her even though she had a huge crush on Adrien since he first came to school.

"Is everything alright Marinette?" Adrien asked, looking at Marinette frowning. Marinette sighed and replied, "Could I have a listen to it?" Adrien took a deep breath before reciting, "I thought love like this was just a myth. As rare as an enchanted nymph, I don't think I could ever measure. The love I have for you, my treasure. When you're blue, I'll comfort you. When you shine, our souls entwine. When I'm with you I'm in ecstasy. Without you I'm a catastrophe. I know things are hard but that's life, we'll fight it together. I stand by you forever, anything for the one I love. I feel for you with much admiration, I will go everywhere to make this declaration. Your smile comes out at night, like a colourful Shepard's night, and whenever you frown I do my best to turn it upside down." After hearing the poem, Marinette couldn't help but sob.

"Adrien, t-that was beautiful. I'm sure the girl you love will love it." Marinette commented, wiping her tears.

"She already does." Adrien smiled at her. Marinette got confused and asked, "She does?"

"Marinette, it's you, it has always been you. The first day I entered Françoise Dupont High, my eyes landed on you." Adrien finally confessed. Grabbing onto both of Marinette's hands, they both smiled at each other before sharing their first official kiss.

*-*

Meanwhile on the ground, y/n and Luka were cheering through the phone and seeing Marinette kiss for the first time. Sure they had friendly kisses most of the time but this one special.

"Finally, these two are together!" Y/n exclaimed.

"You would have cried if I wrote the exact one and read it to you." Luka said. Y/n punched Luka's shoulder and said, "C'mon babe, have a bit more of originality instead of copying Adrien's poem."

"I'm kidding, calm down." Luka massaged his shoulder. When the capsule Marinette and Adrien were in stopped at the ground floor, Marinette and Adrien came out hand in hand. Y/n and Luka went up to them and congratulated them for finally getting together.

"Too bad you two missed out the magical moment between us." Marinette announced.

"Really, Luka and I saw your magical moment here." Y/n whipped out her phone and replayed the footage from the camera. "So, how'd it go you two?" She asked.

"Wonderful." Adrien replied.

"And memorable." Marinette added.

"Glad you two had fun, how bout we go to one more game booth before heading home." Luka suggested as everyone agreed. The guys played a few games at the booth just to win the biggest prize for their girls. When they finally won the prize, the four headed home. Once they reached the doorstep of the Cheng sisters' house, the guys bid their girlfriends goodbye as they watched them enter their house. When the front door closed, Adrien's smile turned into a frown.

"Why'd the day have to end early?" Adrien asked.

"Because it's late right now and the fair closes soon." Luka replied as Adrien sulked. Placing an arm around Adrien, he asked, "Miss her already?"

"Yeah." Adrien replied.

"No worries, you can arrange with Marinette to go out another day." Luka placed an arm around Adrien as Adrien softly smiled.

"C'mon bro, let's go home now." Luka insisted as the guys went to the nearest bus stop to catch the bus. 

Word count: 1452

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

237K 7.8K 24
**This work has been rereleased as "Cat's eye", it now contains ALL CONTENT from this fic and MORE new Chapters. New Readers, please start with that...
13.5K 475 37
After the disatser of Luka's realationship with marinette he decided he would swear off dating until an oblivious and mentally ill boy enters his lif...
104K 3.3K 30
"Don't hurt him! What'd he do to you?" "Thank... thank you..." -- "If you hurt her, I'll break your spine." "Luka...?" {}{}{}{}{} Cover by me! (I'm s...
102K 3.4K 26
Luka Couffaine is starting his new life at his temporary new school. And honestly, he expected time to fly by as fast as lightning while he was stayi...