she is the best thing that's...

By multi_fand0mxx

Friend to lovers story :))) Marinette's twin sister y/n shuchun cheng is someone who has standards for men an... More

A/n and character profile
1: Y/n Shuchun Cheng
2: The first encounter
3: Hesitations
4: Sister bonding time
5: A Friendly outing
6: The distance between us
7: The annual Valentine's Day Dance
8: Typical questions about boys
9: Decorating committee
10: Will you be my date to the Valentine's Day dance?
11: Valentine's Day pt 1
12: Valentine's Day pt 2
13: Chilly nights in Paris
14: An unexpected incident
15: Family reunion
16: Sick day
17: Study date
18: The confession
18: Home alone
19: Sleepover at the Couffaine's
20: Babysitting duties
21: Bestie hangout time
22: Cheng sisters' sweet sixteen
23: Mutual friendship
24: Marinette and Adrien's moment
25: Lady's days
27: Making up pt 1
28: Making up pt 2
29: No longer just friends
30: Spooky season
31: Chloe's sweet sixteen
32: Homecoming preparations
33: Homecoming dance
34: Leaving Paris for a while
35: Long distances
37: Finally reunited
38: Christmas morning
39: Third-wheeler
40: 1 year together

26: Jealousy and overthinking

138 2 1
By multi_fand0mxx

Mid-August

Time passes by quickly and by then, it was already August. Y/n decided to stay at home and study for her last prelim paper which was coming up soon. After studying for almost 2 hours straight, y/n decided to take a break and scrolled through her phone.

"Y/n, did you know Luka has a childhood best friend from New York. Looks like she's in Paris right now." Marinette came up to her sister to show her the photo. Y/n looked up and saw Luka's recent Instagram post with another girl.

"Childhood best friend, he's never told me he had one." Y/n say, taking Marinette's phone, zooming in on the picture. "She is really pretty I'm not gonna lie, and she looks at least 2 years older than us." Y/n commented, feeling a pang of jealousy in her mind.

"Hey, I'm sure they are just friends." Marinette insisted as y/n handed the phone back to her sister. She then tried to call Luka but he wasn't answering. Growing impatient by each decline, y/n threw her phone aside and growled, "This idiot isn't picking up!"

"Hey, calm down. It's not like you and him are actually-"

"We are dating." Y/n finally confessed. Marinette stood stunned for a while but her shocked expression turned into a congratulatory expression.

"I knew it, I just knew it." Marinette squealed. "About that problem, why don't we take a stroll to our getaway place." She insisted. Y/n agreed as the two sisters headed to the nearest Starbucks to have a drink.

"When did you two start dating?" Marinette asked.

"In April, the night he took me to dinner at the bistro Aunt Kathy and after dinner, he took me to the beach where everything happened." Y/n explained.

"Awww, that's the sweetest, why didn't you tell me earlier?" Marinette asked.

"I was afraid it was too early, only his friends knew we were a thing at that time." Y/n replied. At the corner, she noticed two more people enter Starbucks and one of them looked familiar to her.

"It's Luka, and he's with his 'childhood best friend'." Y/n pointed out. Marinette turned to see the two ordering and said, "They seem to be really close."

"Let's go." Y/n stood up and grabbed Marinette's hand, exiting the café.

"He told me he was busy studying but now he's out with another girl who looks 2 years older than us? What a liar." Y/n scoffed.

"Y/n, I think you're hallucinating. Luka isn't someone who would cheat on their loved ones. Besides, she probably just got here and he's giving her a tour so she can get used to this place." Marinette comforted.

"You won't know that Marinette, what if he is. That's it, I'm muting our chat for the whole day, we'll see if he actually still cares about me within the next few hours." Y/n whipped out her phone and muted the chat between her and Luka.

"How bout you bunk with me tonight." Marinette placed an arm around her younger sister as she agreed.

~

Night fell as y/n was lying in Marinette's bed still wide awake. Y/n was looking through the chat between her and Luka and noticed that he tried to call her loads of times. Frustrated at the fact that Luka was spending more time with his best friend than her, y/n got out of bed, grabbed her house keys and left the house. The strong winds at night blew against y/n's petite body, causing her to shiver a little but that didn't stop y/n from finding somewhere to have a meltdown. Droplets of rain started hitting the ground as y/n finally let out all her tears of jealousy, anger and sadness. Sitting at the side of the pavement, y/n buried her face in between as she continued sobbing.

"Y/n? Are you alright?" A voice started. It wasn't Luka's voice, nor was it her sister's but Marinette's crush Adrien.

"Adrien? What are you doing here?" Y/n asked, wiping her tears and standing up.

"I was deep in thought and there was something I couldn't accept. It has something to do with Marinette." Adrien replied. "Why don't we go somewhere with shelter and talk about what we're keeping." He insisted as y/n went under Adrien's umbrella as the two walked to a sheltered pavilion nearby.

"What about my sister though?" Y/n started.

"After that movie we went to a few weeks ago, I felt something different when I look at her. It felt like I was in love." Adrien explained. "But obviously my dad wants me to get together with Kagami." He continued, looking down.

"Kagami? Who's that?" Y/n asked.

"One of my friends in the rich line of families. Her mother and my father are close and for Kagami to continue her tradition of marrying into the rich, her mother wants me and Kagami to date." Adrien explained.

"Like forced dating and marriage?" Y/n asked.

"I guess that is another way to say it." Adrien smiled. "Problem is, I don't have feelings for Kagami, not anymore and she too has realized that I'm not the one for her because she told me that she's seeing someone else." He continued. A/n: Obviously this didn't happen in the series but I decided to make it my own part.

"Seeing someone else, who?" Y/n asked.

"My cousin Felix." Adrien replied.

"You know when I first saw Felix, I thought he was your twin brother but when I realized his hair was more slicked back than yours, I could finally identify who is who." Y/n commented.

"When we were younger, he and I would pretend to be each other and fool our parents including my Aunt Amelie." Adrien recollected the moment.

"I'm assuming you two still do fool people with your hairstyles." Y/n asked.

"Yeah, even when Kagami comes over, I'll call my cousin to act like me and face my parents while I hide in my room." Adrien replied.

"That's actually really smart." Y/n sighed. "Just between the two of us, you can say that you like Marinette, don't you." She asked. Adrien nodded and replied, "Yeah, a lot. I've been so blind all this time."

"I can see that, my sister is someone who is pretty delusional. Ever since you came to our school 2 years ago, she can't stop gushing about you." Y/n explained as she heard Adrien chuckle.

"I guess that makes her one of my superfans." Adrien sighed. "What about you, what's on your mind right now?" He asked.

"Well, I'm someone who get jealous quite easily and Luka and I have been going out for a while now." Y/n started explaining.

"You two are a thing now? Since when?" Adrien asked.

"Since April, he took me out for dinner at a bistro my aunt worked at and then took me to the beach where he confessed after playing a few songs on his guitar. I thought we were the almost perfect couple until today." Y/n explained.

"It's that girl on Luka's post isn't it, I know, I saw his post too."

"He didn't respond to my messages when I text and when he did text, he claimed he was busy with school work. In the end, he goes out with his 'childhood best friend' whom I have no clue of because he never talks about her." Y/n explained. "So, I muted him for the whole day and see how he would react. He did respond and tried to call me but I wasn't convinced." She continued.

"Y/n, don't you think you're going too far by muting the chat between the both of you? I mean, he's probably worried about you right now." Adrien says. Y/n scoffed and replied, "Fine. I'll unmute his chat now."

"It is getting late right now, maybe we should head home now." Adrien insisted.

"But, it's still raining and I don't have an umbrella." Y/n said.

"Well, there is a reason why I'm here and bumped into you." Adrien offered.

"Thanks Adrien." Y/n smiled as the two walked back to y/n's house.

"Should I tell Marinette about your little secret or should you do the honours?" Y/n asked when she reached the doorstep of her house.

"I think I'll do it but I don't know how." Adrien replied.

"I got it, there's a fair coming in September, why don't we take a trip there, me, Luka, you and my sister and you can tell her your feelings, like a double date." Y/n suggested.

"That'll have to depend on my father, my mom won't be in town during that period of time. You know my mom is someone who'll definitely say yes to everything." Adrien sighed.

"Well, I could try and convince him." Y/n insisted.

"No, I think I got this, thanks anyway." Adrien thanked.

"Thanks for being my listening ear tonight, really appreciate it." Y/n thanked as she entered her house. 

Word count: 1483

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.9K 418 13
Y/N Dupain-Cheng, the twin sister of Marinette Dpain-Cheng. Marinette and y/n have never gotten along. After a big fight, they had Marinette told her...
141K 6.8K 61
Marinette Dupain-Cheng has a secret pen pal who, she thinks is her long-time crush. Every Friday, without fail, she receives a letter from her unknow...
20.4K 1.2K 44
"Do you believe in love Marinette?" "Love doesn't exist Adrien, trust me" "Love exist Marinette, but you need to know with who you share it" "Provide...
62.3K 1.3K 15
Well it all goes like usual marinette getting aboanded by her friends because of sausages hair fanfiction /stories .......... But this one is with a...