she is the best thing that's...

By multi_fand0mxx

Friend to lovers story :))) Marinette's twin sister y/n shuchun cheng is someone who has standards for men an... More

A/n and character profile
1: Y/n Shuchun Cheng
2: The first encounter
3: Hesitations
4: Sister bonding time
5: A Friendly outing
6: The distance between us
7: The annual Valentine's Day Dance
8: Typical questions about boys
9: Decorating committee
10: Will you be my date to the Valentine's Day dance?
11: Valentine's Day pt 1
12: Valentine's Day pt 2
13: Chilly nights in Paris
14: An unexpected incident
15: Family reunion
16: Sick day
17: Study date
18: The confession
19: Sleepover at the Couffaine's
20: Babysitting duties
21: Bestie hangout time
22: Cheng sisters' sweet sixteen
23: Mutual friendship
24: Marinette and Adrien's moment
25: Lady's days
26: Jealousy and overthinking
27: Making up pt 1
28: Making up pt 2
29: No longer just friends
30: Spooky season
31: Chloe's sweet sixteen
32: Homecoming preparations
33: Homecoming dance
34: Leaving Paris for a while
35: Long distances
37: Finally reunited
38: Christmas morning
39: Third-wheeler
40: 1 year together

18: Home alone

127 2 0
By multi_fand0mxx

1 month later...

Luka and y/n have been dating for a month and everything has been going well. Keeping a secret relationship with Luka was hard for y/n as Marinette and her friends would tease her a lot about Luka which makes her blush even harder than usual. The two would meet for lunch after school once a week at most and would go out to study during the weekend.

One weekend in the middle of May, y/n's parents had to leave for an event and would only be back in the evening while Marinette was going to hang out with her friends for the whole day which leaves y/n with no plans since she woke up late that weekend.

"We'll be back in the evening y/n, don't get too bored." Sabine started.

"If you're heading out leave a note." Tom added.

"Oh, and do you mind getting some groceries on the fridge?" Sabine added.

"Will do mom, see you guys later." Y/n say as her parents left. After lazing on the couch for a while, y/n got up and went to the fridge to see what groceries is needed. She then went up to her room to change into a longer pair of shorts, grabbed her wallet and keys before leaving the house. Upon reaching the supermarket, y/n got a basket and started looking for the necessary groceries.

"One more thing I need is canned tomato sauce." Y/n muttered as she searched for the can of tomato sauce. It didn't take her long to find the canned good section however the brand that her parents always use was on a shelf that was not made for her height. Putting down the basket she was holding, y/n stood on her toes to reach for the sauce but failed. She stretched up a second time and was not successful again. A larger hand grabbed onto the sauce as a voice started, "Is this the brand you're looking for?"

Y/n nodded and instantly recognized his voice as she turned to see Luka placing the sauce in her basket.

"Hey, I didn't know you were here." Y/n started.

"My mom asked me to get some groceries, my parents are out of the house since morning and Juleka went out with her friends." Luka explained.

"Same, my parents left in the afternoon and Marinette was hanging out with her friends so I'm being left at home all alone with no plans." Y/n explained.

"Looks like you and I are dealing with the same thing today." Luka say.

"I was going to go home and cook lunch, want to come over?" Y/n asked. "Since no one is at home." She added.

"You just read my mind my love." Luka replied as the two went to pay for their groceries before heading back to y/n's house.

"What do you feel like eating?" Y/n asked as the two entered her house.

"Anything you're craving. Whatever you make, I'll eat it." Luka replied as he sat on the couch and turned on the television while y/n got started on cooking. A while later, y/n made some pasta and some chicken wings for her and Luka to share. As y/n took the dishes to the living room, Luka commented, "Smells good already."

"Great, we'll see if anything is undercooked." Y/n smiled as Luka took the first bite. His eyes lit up and commented, "Wow, my girlfriend's cooking skills are as good as my own mother's and her mother's skills."

"You're lucky you have someone to cook instead of ordering from outside." Y/n say as the two continued enjoying their lunch.

"I never noticed you have a karaoke system here." Luka pointed out.

"Oh, that, my dad bought it a while ago but we've been busy so we never had the time to have a karaoke night." Y/n explained. "Planning on trying it?" She asked.

"I love it when you read my mind." Luka gushed as y/n rolled her eyes at Luka being cheesy. Y/n turned on the karaoke system and tossed Luka a microphone.

"Who wants to go first?" Y/n asked.

"Ladies first." Luka replied. Y/n agreed as she chose a song and started singing. A/n: I won't make this chapter long and boring so I'll probably put it as a bonus chapter at the end. For the next hour and a half, Luka and y/n took turns to sing a few songs they chose and did a few duets together.

"How bout we watch a movie now, I'm tired of singing." Y/n insisted as Luka agreed. Y/n turned off the karaoke system and switched to Netflix.

"One question, what are we going to watch?" Luka asked.

"My K-Drama, I'm almost done with the 7th episode." Y/n replied. "A love triangle K-Drama." She continued.

"That's interesting, I don't think I've watched this kind of dramas before." said Luka.

"Oh wait, let me get something before we start." Y/n remembered something she forgot as she ran back to her room to get her new fluffy blanket big enough for Luka and y/n to share. As she rushed back down, she tossed the blanket over Luka's head before continuing the episode.

"Hey, why'd you throw this over my head?" Luka asked, removing the blanket.

"You should know why I brought that down." Y/n replied. Luka understood y/n as he pulled y/n close to him and covered themselves with the blanket. Y/n smiled and rested her head on Luka's shoulder while watching the drama. Halfway through the next episode, y/n's eyelids starting getting heavy as she tried to stay awake to watch what happens even though it was her second time seeing the drama. Tiredness overcame her as her eyelids closed fully and was fully asleep.

"Babe, we should do this next time, go on a canoeing date like them. Well, minus the part where she fell in the water cause that totally would be you." Luka joked. When he didn't get a sarcastic response or chiding, Luka turned to y/n and noticed she was asleep. A/n: Yes, the drama they were watching is True Beauty.

'She looks even more adorable sleeping, better make her a little more comfortable.' Luka thought as he shifted a little and lifted y/n's legs on the couch, stretched out and gently laid her on his chest, switching the show or else y/n would complain he watched the full episode without y/n.

"Oh wait, the dishes aren't washed yet." Luka muttered, looking at the dirty plates on the table. Luka put a pillow on y/n's head as he slowly got up from the couch and took the dishes out to wash. When Luka was done, he went back to the couch and continued watching the movie he chose. A few hours later, Luka's eyes started getting tired as he turned off the television and closed his eyes for a while.

"Thanks for today girls, we'll hang out another time." Marinette turned to her friends as she reached the doorstep to her house.

"With y/n next time, she should have come today." Alya added.

"Yeah, pity she overslept today." Alix commented.

"It's alright, she if definitely up right now, you guys can come in and see her if you want." Marinette insisted as she invited the girls in.

"Luka?!" The girls exclaimed when they noticed a teal-highlight boy and y/n asleep on the couch.

"Gee, does this girl spend the whole day sleeping? Y/n, get up." Marinette tapped on her sister as y/n slowly woke up. Rubbing her eyes, y/n noticed her friends at the front door and asked, "You girls are back already?"

"Girl, you missed out on a whole day of fun, what happened to you?" Zoe asked.

"I'm sorry girls, I stayed up all night last night to finish my research and report for home economics." Y/n replied.

"It's alright y/n, you worked hard so you should take a break." Rose insisted. Juleka went up to her brother and tried to wake him up.

"Luka, wake up." Juleka tapped on her brother as Luka slowly woke up.

"Twinsie, why are you here?" Luka asked.

"Well, Marinette insisted we come in to see y/n since we haven't seen her for the whole day and we didn't expect you to be here." Alya explained.

"We'll make it up next time girls, my treat." Y/n insisted as the girls agreed.

"Well, I have to go now, my parents are calling me." said Mylene.

"C'mon girls, we should go now." Alix insisted as everyone left, including Luka.

'Text me.' Y/n mouthed to Luka.

'I'll call instead.' Luka mouthed back as y/n showed an 'okay' sign before blowing a kiss for Luka while he caught it. Y/n chuckled as she closed the door.

"Alright junior Cheng, you have some explaining to do." Marinette crossed her arms.

"Marinette, Luka is just a friend. Mom asked me to get groceries and I happened to see Luka who had no plans either at the supermarket buying groceries so I invited him here for lunch." Y/n explained.

"And you didn't tell mom and dad about it?" Marinette asked. Y/n thought about what her mom said before leaving the house in the late afternoon when she woke up.

"Technically I didn't go out to hang with anyone, only to get groceries and then I saw Luka so I invited him over, cooked lunch for him and hung out at home." Y/n argued.

"That was actually a good argument. Fine, I won't tell mom and dad you and Luka hung out today." Marinette sighed. 

Word count: 1588

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.7K 278 32
Y/n has been best friends with Marinette and Luka since they were children. Things stayed the same up until the appearance of Ladybug and Chat Noir...
500K 14K 102
(Y/N) (L/N) flew all the way to Paris France, due to her familys business taking off and expanding. In an unexpected event at one of Jagged Stones co...
10.9K 418 13
Y/N Dupain-Cheng, the twin sister of Marinette Dpain-Cheng. Marinette and y/n have never gotten along. After a big fight, they had Marinette told her...
103K 2.9K 50
The two richest families in all France: the Agreste and the Dupain Cheng decided to arrange a marriage for their lonely child. Adrien and Marinette w...