Champion Of Death

Par thedoctorgonepale

Seven Gods created this world. Those Seven Gods also rule this world and its people. Maintaining peace togeth... Plus

(Prologue): At Deaths Beck And Call
(Lore) The Religions
First Steps Towards Death
Rotten Man & The Rotted Plan
Dead Rising
Dead Rising: Act 2
Dead Rising: Act 3
Dead Rising: Act 4
Death's Pet
Secrets Of The Gods Behind Closed Doors
Secrets Of The Gods Behind Closed Doors: Act 2
Death Vs Life
Death Vs Life: Act 2
Oath Breakers
Bliss In The Abiss
Unconvincing Argument
Pop The Bubble
Pop The Bubble: Act 2
Pop The Bubble: Act 3
Such A Choatic World
The Loyal Dog
The Champions Around The World
Peer Into The Abyss, It'll Make You Blink
War Of The Gods
maD mad wondErlAnD
Tempting Death
The Ultimate Tragedy
The Ultimate Tragedy; Act 2
The Ultimate Tragedy; Act 3
(Epilogue); A Grim Reaper

Currupted By Chaos

120 15 1
Par thedoctorgonepale

Medina and Thane arrive in front of the great God Capital, Ome'Alf.

The sky was still stained with the souls released from their melting pot, and the world itself was being touched by chaos.

Medina: Do you smell that? The city reeks of death.

Thane: Should we say "reek"? It has some negative connotations, so isn't it insulting to Azrei?

The Champion of Death continues to walk without hesitation into the city.

Medina: I don't think it's that complex.

Thane: Well... It kinda of is... Our goddess is of Death. I'm the Champion of Death...

Thane: What if I said it reeks of Medina?

Medina:....

Medina: Alright. I get it. It smells of death.

Thane: Now, is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Medina: Depends. Do you care about life?

Thane: Nah, that's Lilly's job.

They enter the city. The once bustling capital, crawling with worshipers of the gods and filled with the greatest the world could offer, was now silent and cold.

The scent of Death was strong, but no bodies could be seen.

Medina: It's too quiet...

Thane: HELLO!? ANYBODY ALIVE!?

Medina: Yeah, just shout right in my ear...

Thane: Did the new god wipe out the town?

(Shatter)

A body was tossed out the window. Thane and Medina turned to the body. It was rotten, organs exposed, yet still moving. It slowly stood up as more just like it climbed out of the store they were thrown out of.

Medina: We might be surrounded....

With her still around his shoulders, Thane drew his godly weapon, ready to slay the undead.

Medina: Listen! If this place smells like death, and the undead are here, that might mean the whole city is-

Like water crashing out from a broken dam, undead poured in and filled the streets racing towards Thane and Medina.

Using his scythe, Thane flung himself and Medina into the air, however, the undead were quick to chase. These were not the average resurrected bodies.

Climbing on top of each other, the undead created hills to reach Thane.

The Champion used his Scythe to swing from building to building. From a distance, the undead looked like tidal waves, crashing up and down.

Medina: This isn't good!

Thane: What isn't good? The army of undead, or the fact everyone in the city is dead?

Medina: ALL OF IT!!

Thane: Hm. Do you see a place where I can drop you off? It'll be easier to fight the hard without you on my shoulders.

Medina: No. Forget the undead!

Thane: A little hard to do that... They're nipping at our butts.

Medina: They're just distractions. We need to get to the castle.

Thane: If you say so...

Slingshotting across the city, Thane carries Medina over to the castle of the gods. Placing her down, she and he attempted to open the doors, but they wouldn't budge.

Thane: It's locked? Guess we're starting this right away...

Extending out his soul, Thane shoves it into the castle, proceeding to battle for control.

Thane: We did this once before. Let's not repeat this song and dance!

The castle fought viciously against Thane's soul.

Medina: Thane! The undead are almost here.

Thane: Tch.

Pulling his soul back, Thane took his scythe and swung away with Medina.

Thane: If the undead are going to bother us like this, then it's best to slaughter them all.

Medina: They're probably a million of them. I have no doubt you can take out a good chunk...

Medina: But you WILL be overwhelmed. If the other champions were here...

Thane: Is there any other way into the castle?

Medina: Not that I'm aware of...

Thane:...

Swinging around a building, Thane tricks the hoard and hides in the sewer system with Medina, so they can have a better conversation.

Thane: The castle is plugging up a volcano. What if we go into the Valcono and up into the castle?

Medina: We'd either have to make or find an entrance for that.

Thane: For someone not interested in my "killing the word" plan. You sure aren't offering a lot of alternatives.

Medina: I'm thinking, alright?!

Medina: A hoard of undead that size, is quite a surprise... And a massive wall in our way...

Her voice was beginning to get weaker and Thane noticed this.

Thane: Do you need to rest?

Medina: I was flicked by a god, and I'm still standing. I have enough energy to outlive you!

Thane: Whatever...

Medina: Okay... I think I have a plan.

Medina: What we need is a distraction. So, I'll go to the furthest side of the city and get their attention.

Medina: That'll give you some time to break into the castle and take control of it.

Thane: Oh, so you can fight the hoard but not me?

Medina: I'm not going to fight.

He drops Medina on the ground.

Thane: I've been carrying you for a reason.

Medina: I'll be fine.

Thane rots his eyes to see the truth of Medina's condition. Parts of her body were leaking her soul, from being harmed by a god.

Medina: Don't look at me with those eyes...!

Thane:....

Turning around, Thane walks away from Medina at a pace that she couldn't keep up with.

Medina: I'm dying anyway, so you might as well use me!

Thane: The gods can fix you. So sit tight. I'll clear the hoard and reclaim the castle.

Medina: I have a duty...!

Stopping in his tracks, Thane glances back at Medina who continues to limp towards Thane.

Thane: Do you want a death where it can go to waste? Or do you want a death where you're with Azrei and your children?

Medina: It doesn't matter...

Thane: It does.

Thane: Everyone dies. But that doesn't mean they have to die selfless.

Thane: If your life is coming to an end. Be a little greedy! It's your last chance after all...

Medina: But you can't beat that many...

Thane: I'm sick of hearing that excuse. You're just afraid that I'll lose.

Thane: You might not be fearless... But at least try being brave enough to believe in me.

He dashes away from Medina.

"I know she cares about Azrei, perhaps more than me..."

"No... More than me. I cannot save her, but I can at least prolong her death long enough to give Azrei a chance of getting to her."

"As one admirer of Azrei to another, it's the least I can do."

(CRASH)

Arriving on the surface of the city, Thane swings across the city, gaining the attention of the undead city. Leading then to the arena, he lands in the middle as the undead covers everything in sight.

Thane: Your extermination is inevitable. Thus, let's just rip the stitches and get it over with.

Decaying his body, Thane has his scythe wrapped around his body and the blade pierces his dead flesh.

He begins slaughtering the hoard.

He bounces across the arena as he slices away at the undead citizens.

But it was easy for him to get overwhelmed. Especially when chopping them apart wasn't enough to finish them off.

Medina: Raaah!

Thane:?

Having arrived, Medina helped to fight the hoard.

Medina: Don't play hero with me! I know you just want to be praised more by Azrei!

(SPLAT)

Thane: You're a stupid mutt, aren't you? I try to save you, and you throw yourself into danger while dying!

(SWOOSH)

Medina: You're one to talk! If you were any dumber, you'd be considered a vegetable!

Medina: You think I want to die as a sad puppy!? No! If I'm to die, I'll die roaring at impossible odds!

Medina: It'll at least make for a good story to make Azrei more popular!

(CRACK)

(SPLAT)

Thane: Did you think about how long you can keep this up?!

Thane: My blessing lets me do this for days! You? I give you a few more minutes.

Medina: Like how long you've known Azrei?

(SPLAT)

Thane: Oh, we're going there?

Thane: Hey, can you look her in the eyes?

Medina: Did you manage to get that kiss from her~?

(SP-SP-SPLAT)⁴

Thane:.....

Thane: Should have used you as bait.

Medina: Too late now... Chewtoy.

Thane: Puppy!

Medina: Defective!

Thane: PET!

Medina: Lucky-

One of her legs gives out as several undead try to attack her.

Medina:!!

Thane: What did I say!?

Being in range, Thane threw his soul out and had it possess Medina. He momentarily took control and killed the undead.

He then relived control back to her, however, kept his soul in her body, which stopped her soul from leaking and gave her body the strength to keep fighting.

Medina: Okay... Maybe we should focus.

Thane: If I beat more than you, you have to help convince Azrei to kiss me!

Medina: You dropped the child of a whore! If I kill more, then you have to help me!

In perfect synchronization, thanks to the possession, Medina and Thane were back to back, slaughtering all the undead that came their way.

To be continued.....

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

290K 4.4K 33
"Did you think after everything you have done to me i would come back?" "All the Pain and Suffering you let them do was Inconvenient for you." "Bec...
48.1K 840 19
----------------------------------------------------- There might be gods in this world but... What are these fake gods to a true demon? ...
429 86 16
//i let death corrode me, though i was the one controlling it// -extended summary inside- Started: 20/11/2021 Ended: 03/01/2022 Published: 01/01/2022
4.4K 282 36
"So you think I have the power of the Earth Element?" I ask her. "We don't think. . . We believe." She smiles and gently caresses my cheek. "But Evy...