BURNT. (The hunger games seri...

By sirvoldysnoseholes

"May the odds be ever in your favor Mavis Baird" More

Arrival
practice
The Hunger Games
Rue
Love
Nightlock
CATCHING FIRE
Victory tour
75th
Charles Locksmith
75th
Mags
Lighting
Annabella

[BURNT]

511 9 0
By sirvoldysnoseholes

Mavis Valeria Lucy Baird

"I'm not scared, I've been waiting on the day it would be my turn"

Annabelle Gray Rose Baird

"My sister did something most people would not have. She's the strongest person I know. She's like the darkness in the light, you don't see her unless you look for her."

Katniss Everdeen

"Mavis without you, I would have already lost by now. I needed you more than you needed me"

Peeta mellark

"Mavis is smart. She knows what she is doing before anyone else. She has skills no one can compare to."

P

laylist.

♡~Can't catch me now-olivia Rodrigo.

♡~ Everybody wants to rule the world- Lorde.

♡~Eyes open- Taylor swift.

♡~ you missed my heart- phoebe Bridgers.

♡~ reflections - the neighborhood.

♡~ The wisps sings - Winter aid.

♡~ The night we met- Lord Huron, Phoebe Bridgers.

♡~heartbeat- childish Gambino.

♡~scoot street- Phoebe Bridgers.

♡~let the light in- Lana del Rey, Father John misty.

♡~Feel better- Penelope Scoot.

♡~Not strong enough- Boygenius.

♡~making the bed- Olivia Rodrigo.

♡~Dog days are over- Florence + The machine.

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

Picking at my guitar while sitting in the Medow. I was singing a song my grandmother used to sing to me. It was an amazing melody. Even though she was older she could sing beautifully. 

"Well alright I'm bad, but then you're no prize either

Alright I'm bad, but that's nothing new.

 You say you won't love me, I won't love you either. 

Just let me remind you what I am too you."

"That was beautiful my little songbird!" My father mentioned. I smiled as he walked over. "You sound just like your grandmother it amazes me" He added. I laughed "I do not think I could ever be that good" I said with my accent. "You are so good I would not be surprised if you could be a lead singer for the capital!" That made me cringe. "No I would never want anything to do with the capital" I said. He nodded his head "I will leave you to it! We have a busy day today!" He hugged me and walked away. 

Today is the hunger games. My grandma Lucy Gray Baird was in the hunger games 64 years ago. She was originally traveling musicians with her family until peacekeepers rounded them up and then they were in district 12 , Now we live in district 14. My grandma lives on the outside of it. We have to tell people she is dead because someone is looking for her. She never told us who but she said always say she was dead. 

When I made sure my father was far enough, I walked into the woods. I went out the gates where I was not supposed to go. I was going to find my best friend in district 12. Katniss Everdeen. We are both 16 which means we could both be picked into the hunger games. Also, both of our sisters are just now 12. They can also be added.

I went into the Forrest. I looked under this certain log that were covered in leaves for my Sword and bow. Me and her do hunting a lot.

Sometimes I'll give her fabric and she will give me bread. We trade often. I seen her sitting with Gale. It's a little awkward because me and Gale used to date. 14- 16. We broke up a few months ago. I just couldn't do it anymore when my mother died. 

I was being stealthy. I snuck up behind them. "Boo!" I whispered. They turned around so fast. "Mavis!" Katniss said happily.

"Hey kat!" I told her. I let go of her. "Hey Mae" Gale said as he leaned in to give me a hug. "Hey gale" I told him.

I looked around the land. I seen a rabbit. I took my bow out. I aimed it right up. Then let the bow go. "Yes!" I cheered as I run to go grab the dead rabbit. I picked him up and showed them while I was at the bottom of the hill.

Katniss gave me a thumbs up. I walked back up. "Val, Gale has a plan that we can stop the hunger games if everyone stops watching" Katniss said my other nickname. 

I went and sat in the middle of them. "Like I said before, these sick people love watching us get killed to much. I think it turns them on or something" I joke. "That's sick" "exactly it is sick. Everyone there is sick people who never know the fear and pain we go through every time this year. My little sister could be picked and to them its Entertaiment" I poured my heart out.

"You are right and it's horrible. Just no matter what we can always stay together?" Kat questioned. I smiled "Unless one of us are picked then yes" Gale spoke. I slapped his arm. "No one is going to be picked we will be fine! Yes we always have each other!" I tried to cheer her up. 

"I guess I should start heading home I have to find something for Anna to wear" I mentioned as I stood up. 

"I think you would make a great mom" Gale mentioned. "I don't think I want kids" I told him. "I don't want kids either" Katniss mentioned. "I think I would want kids if I didn't live here" "but you do live here" "I know but if I didn't live here". Everyone got quite.

"Oh yeah I forgot" he said and pulled out some breed. I gasped. "OH my God is this real?". "Better be it costed me a squirrel". Kat split the breed 3 ways. I tasted a small bit of it. It was like heaven.

"Happy hunger games!" Gale exclaimed. "And may the odds be forever in your favor" me and kat finished.

I had to go by the store. I took the rabbit with me. I was going to buy my sister a butterfly pin. My father always said she was a butterfly. She would be so bright and shiny. Mom always called me her songbird. Actually all my family did. I guess it was because of my love for singing and dancing. 

The people who worked at the shop new me when I was in my mom's stomach. They have always been nice to me.

"Hey miss Jackie!" I said. "Well, hello miss Mavis." "I was wondering for that blue buttery fly pin could I give you this freshly killed rabbit?" I suggested. She smiled. "How many times is your name in there?" She questioned. "41" "here take this and keep the rabbit. Just do not let anyone know" I leaned over and gave her a hug. "Just in case anything happens will you help my sister?" I questioned. She smiled and nodded. "Good luck.. Songbird" She winked. I curved my eyebrows. How does she know that nickname? "Thank you" I smiled and walked out. 

I went to the other side of the wood line carrying the rabbit. I found the little, small house. I knocked 5 time in a musical order. After a few moments the door opened. My grandma was standing there. She looked amazing for her age. "Hey my darling!" She cheered and threw her arm's around me. 

"Hi grandma! Oh I brought you something!" I threw the rabbit on the porch. "It is freshly caught by yours's truly!" I bowed. She giggled and shook her head. "Oh Mavis Valeria what to do with you!" She said and messed my hair up. 

I frowned. "Grandma?" "Yes dear?" "Were you scared when you were picked for the games?" She looked like she was thinking long and hard. Then she started giggling. I curved my brow. "That was an amazing way to get introduced. Ah you should do it like me. I put this snake down this girl's back who did not like my singing, I have heard you had trouble with this girl your own self!" She suggested. I sighed, my father must have told her. 

"Then her father slapped me and such but this girl knew one of my song's. I was lucky enough to not have died there but I didn't. This lovely girl started singing and I joined in. " cant take my charm" She started singing. I smiled. 

"Can't take my humor.

 Cant take my wealth, cause it's just a rumor" 

I sang and she smiled. "Then after that little clip of song I went to the back. I was a little scared" She smiled trying to make me feel better. "I have something for you!" She shouted and walked to the back. She came back with a beautiful dress. It was colorful and bright. 

I was amazed at the beautiful thing Infront of me. "Pretty right?" "Beautiful" She walked over to me. "Go try it on!" She suggested. I took it and walked to the bathroom. I tried it on and it fit like a glove. I walked out and smiled. "It's perfect!" She cheesed. "I love it!" I told her. "You are wearing it today. It is your great grandmothers and since I do not have a daughter and I no longer have any need for it then it is all your's! It has been recently stitched and everything darling!" She explained. I ran and hugged her. 

"Now hurry and go home and help Anna with a dress! If anything happens I love you baby and you got this!" She cheered. I smiled and hugged her "I love you" 

I went home and walked inside. I helped my sister get dressed and I took a bath myself. We were all in a hurry. I gave my sister her clip. We walked downstairs. My father was looking out the window. Then we heard the bang. Anna did a small scream. "Its okay Annabelle." I said. 

He turned to us. He wrapped his arm's around us. "Good luck my girls. I love you both so much!" He told us. He made us take a photograph. Then he told us he loved us 3 more times before we had to go. 

We walked there. There is not a lot of people in district 14. We had to walk to get our finger pricked. I was holding Annas hand. I felt a tug. I looked and she stopped walking. "Look Anna we have to go. It will be okay I promise" I told her. She nodded her head and walked in front of me. The guards were pushing, and we got separated. I was looking for her. "Next!". She pricked my finger. It doesn't hurt any more.

I got pushed into my spot. I had my eyes on Anna. "Welcome! Happy hunger games, and may the odds be ever in your favor! Be for we start we have a special film, All the way from the capital!" The lady hit play on the video. I looked around at everyone. This one guy. He had his eyes on me. He did a light smile. I smiled back.

"Boring" He mouthed. I laughed some. "A little bit" I said back. He laughed. He was cute. He was tall, Fit in a way, he had brown hair that was kind of long. I do not know if I have ever seen him before. I felt something on my leg. It was a giant spider. I smiled as I picked it up. 

"I just love that! Now the time has come for us to select one courageous young man and women, for the honor of representing distract 14 in the 74th annual hunger games. As usual, Ladies first !" I felt my stomach do flips. There is a big chance its not me but there is at the same time. What if it is me? What would I do?

I watched her as she stuck her hand in the jaw and pulled out the card. She had a small frown. "Annabelle Baird" She called. I felt my stomach drop. My heart stopped. I gasped for air. There was not way this was real. "Annabelle Baird? Come up dear" She called again.

I watched Annabelle as she walked to the guards. "ANNA STOP" I screamed. I ran and the men tried to stop me. "I volunteer!" I shouted. I pushed the men off me. "I volunteer as tribute!" I told the women. She looked sad but she put her smile on.

"I believe we have a volunteer." She shouted. I walked to Anna. "Bells go to dad" "no" "Yes Anna do what I say please" "Why did you do that?" "Annabelle just go to dad.. Go to dad" "I cant leave you!" "Annabelle gray! I love you" I told her. I let her face go. The man took her away. I stood up and the men took my arm. "Districts 14 very first volunteer! Lets get her up here!". I felt like my heart was going to beat out my chest.

I put on a smile. I looked at the girl's who never liked me because I would sing and dance. "Good luck Mavis" She told me. "Thank you!" I told her and put the spider on her neck. She started screaming. "Help me get it off!" She screamed. 

I walked to the stage. "That's my daughter!" This man yelled coming toward's me. I wonder if this feel's familiar to my grandma? Before he slapped me I ducked down and bucked to him. These men grabbed him. "Can't get me now" I whisper to him and smirked. 

I finished my walk up and fixed my dress. The lady directed me to the microphone. "What is your name?" She asked me. "Mavis Valeria Lucy Baird" I spoke. "So that is your little sister?" She questioned. "Yes" I answered. "Lets give a big hand to our first ever volunteer Mavis Baird!". I watched as everyone lifted their hands in the air.

"And now for the boys! Drake Vice!" She yelled. I looked around the crowd. I never heard that name before. I seen people moving around. It was him. That boy who was looking at me. He made his way up here. "Here we are! our tributes from district 14!" The women shouted.

"Why don't you two shake hands?" She asked. I got to look at the boy more. Out of nowhere I had a flash back. He looked like the dude who told us about my mother. He stuck his hand out. I took a breath and stuck mine out and took his. "Happy hunger games and may the odds be ever in your favor!" She closed. She grabbed us and walked us away. We were put into separate rooms.

My door opened. "You have 3 minutes". I seen my father and Anna. "Oh my girl!" My father said and hugged me. I was trying not to act to phased. "Sissy why would you do that?" Annabella questioned. I smiled "I am going to get out of this my way. I got this" I told them both. Shortly the men took them. 

The door opened to a person with a cloak over there head. They took it down. "Grandma!" I shouted. "You should not be here!" I told her as she grabbed my face. " I am beyond proud of you songbird. Now you better come out of here in one piece!" She said and threw her arms around me. 

" I'm not scared, I've been waiting on the day it was going to be my turn. " I answered. She pulled back. "It's a shame you even have to go through this my darling" I smiled. "Like you said.. Can't take my charm" I smiled as she hugged me. "I love you Songbird" "I love you grandma!" 

The man opened the door and she threw her hood on. "Hey!" She turned around "Let the games began!" I smirked. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 5.3K 22
Make sure you kiss your knuckles before you punch me in the face. CATCHING FIRE / oc x oc © 𝖆𝖓𝖙𝖎𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖔𝖒𝖘
95.9K 1.5K 33
Lucy Gray: a name that slowly faded from the Capitol & district's minds. Her Games, a secret, her lover, betrayed, her home, unwelcoming. Coriolanus...
45.4K 807 25
Two district 4 citizens trying to survive in Panem as victors with an unspoken love dwindling between them. She tries her best to not let her love fo...
111K 2.2K 27
where the president's daughter and capitol's favorite daughter decides to mentor the capitol's baker boy, and they find out they aren't so different...