Dumb Love- Lando Norris

By amelieshep94

After a viral TikTok of Lando Norris' Smash or Pass game on a radio show, the Mclaren driver catches the eye... More

Insta Intros
1.
2.
3.
4.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
Authors Note
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
Social Media Snippets
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.

5.

7.5K 122 19
By amelieshep94

Lando POV

Daniel was right; I was moping.  I thought a hot shower and watching re-runs of the office in bed would sort my foul mood out, but it turns out my entire mood now hangs in the balance of a text message. 

What has Lottie Hill done to me?

I throw another Malteser in the air to catch in my mouth when my phone rings, almost choking on it. 

Lottie 🩷 calling

"Hello?" I answer quickly- too quickly as i let out a small chorus of coughs to try swallow the chocolate.

"Hi... Are you-" she sounds concerned, "Is everything alright?!"

I sip some water and catch my breath, "yeah i'm fine i just... Promise you wont laugh? I just choked on a Malteser"

Lottie chuckles and i close my eyes in relief at the wave of adoration that washes over me, i loved her laugh. 

"You be careful Norris! Or are you trying to off yourself so you dont have to talk to me?"

"Well actually I have been trying to talk to you today-"

"I know thats why I called!" she cuts me off, she sounds excited, almost breathless "I've been in the studio all night working on this new song and Lan its just... Ah its pure magic! We finished it in 12 hours!"

I try to match her excitement but the insecurity burns up me.  Maybe I'll never be enough for her, the music, the attractive peers, the world tours that span months and months.  I don't know what i'm getting myself into-

"Lan?" Lottie asks again "Are you with me?"

I shake out of my spiralling thoughts "yeah sorry!" I correct myself and smile even though she can't see me "I'm glad your studio session went good!"

"I know, but i just wanted to apologise Lan, my phone died and i was so in the zone i've only just recharged it after i woke up" she says sincerely and her tone alleviates my anxiety. 

"Lan, I have to tell you something"

Too soon.  The anxiety spikes back up. 

I almost stutter, "yeah? Whats up?" I ask as i try to sound as calm as possible. 

There is a slight pause as she sighs "last night when you mentioned you were going out with someone... I got jealous."

My heart races as the warmth spreads through my chest and I cant help the smile that comes; im almost beaming "ridiculously jealous if i'm honest."

I try not to let my amusement show as i hum in agreement. 

"Can i be honest?" I ask her as she stutters a soft of course.

"I was miserable today because i thought you'd had enough of me"

She laughs incredulously "Lando, i would never have enough of you" she sighs wistfully again "the problem is I cant get enough of you actually"

My breath hitches "Problem?" i manage to say.

I can hear her smile "what a pair we are"

"I wasnt with anyone" I clarify "not like that anyway. Just one of my best friends"

I hear her let out a relieved breath 

"And is there anyone you want to be with... like that?"

"I think you know who I want to be with like that Miss Hill"

"I would just like some clarification, just incase Mr Norris" I can picture her smirk through her playful tone. 

I roll my eyes but smile anyway "You, if it wasnt obvious"

"It wasnt if im honest"

"Hey!" I scold her spiritedly "I dont want to sound insecure but imagine it from my point of view, you all around Europe seeing beautiful people every night" I shared "You're the most wanted woman in the world and Im-"

"All i ever think about"

It's a confession I have only dreamed about in secret since we had started talking, my breath catches in my throat.

"Lan, i get where you're coming from, i truly do.  I feel the same way about you" she implied "I'm just glad we can admit that whatever is going on with us..."

"Is bigger than both of us" I finish for her. 

"Yeah" she utters softly and my heart doubles in size "I know its difficult now with our schedules, but I'm back in London in just over a week.  I'd want nothing more than to see you" she says "for a date maybe?"

"Absofuckinglutely" i blurted, my game truly gone and out the window "I would love that"

"Good!" she laughs as we both sit in a comfortable silence, she seems as flustered as me. 

"Oh and Lan?" 

"Yeah?"

"I promise you I will have no trouble making you feel as special as i know you are"

***   ***

Things had gone from strength to strength the past 3 days, both of us having aired our true feelings that we do like each other more than friends.  Lottie's currently about to go on stage in Spain and I'm getting ready for race weekend in Belgium. 

liked by danielricciardo, nataliepinkham, f1 and 1,510,911 others

landonorris: We're photographers. We're back Belgium. 

Thousands of comments flood my picture. 

I go through my notifications and see the culprit. 

lottiehill liked and commented on your post

lottiehill: smash...ing photo mr norris 😎

usera: OMG LOTTIE LIKED AND COMMENTED

lottiehillfan: guys this is not a fucking drill our parents!!!!

userk: damn lando bagged lottie? bet

WHATSAPP MESSAGE FROM CARLOS

Carlos: I think the popstar has laid her claim on u mate 😜

Although the comments are a lot, I cant help but feel absolutely buzzing.  I open my phone and send her a quick message, but as i do Daniel walks in my drivers room with a shocked look on his face as he holds his phone up at me- my post on his screen.  We stare at each other for a minute before we both start squealing and jumping in the air. 

"This is big mate" he tells me "the most famous woman in the world"

"That doesnt matter to me Dan, I like her for who she is, just Lottie" i say as i open my phone to send her a quick text. 

Me: subtle hill.

Lottie🩷: more grand gestures where that came from

Me: dare i say i look forward to it?

Lottie🩷: 😜

Me: I cant believe i like you sometimes 🫣

Me: joking, i like you all the time 🥰

Me: especially right now

Me: I need to kiss you 🫣

Lottie🩷: you cant say stuff like that when i'm about to go on stage!!!!

Lottie🩷: I would love to tell YOU how much i wanna kiss you but i dont have time 🥴🥴 my guitarist just asked me if i've taken something 😂😂😂😂

Lottie🩷: Spain's gonna get a very energetic performance thanks to you😘 x

Daniel smiles at our messages "she does seem to really like you mate" 

Im sensing a but coming. 

"But just be careful with her.  She's just Lottie to you, but to fans all over the world she is a brand.  That kind of superstardom will always take priority"

I smile at him, knowing that he just has my best interests at heart "I know its not gonna be easy, i mean look at the comments-" I turn and show him the 10k+ comments flooding in "that one interaction has caused mayhem"

I click my phone off and put it in my bag "I trust her though" i say definitively and i mean it "she could have anyone-"

"You could have anyone!" Daniel interrupts me with a laugh. 

"Alright alright!" I hold my hands up in mock surrender "we both could have anyone" i correct with an eye roll "But Lottie has made it clear im the only one that she's talking to- and i believe her.  When she's not working or on stage she's spending her time facetiming me and talking to me" i try and fight the rose blush in my cheeks "I dont know Dan, it just feels different.  I owe it to myself to see how it goes"

***   ***

Articles

LOTTIE HILL ELECTRIFIES IN MADRID SHOW

A Lottie Hill concert is an experience like no other

FANS GO WILD FOR 'HORRIS'

is something blooming between Mclaren driver and the pop star?

IS LOTTIE HILL PUTTING ON THE GREATEST POP CONCERT ON EARTH?

Aside from her stunning vocals, captivating stage presence, and catchy tunes, the singer creates an unrivalled atmosphere of sheer job and freedom with every note that leaves her mouth. 

***  ***

liked by taylorswift, tomholland, landonorris and 4,956,836 others

lottiehill: Most fun i've had in the studio in a long time.  I hope you enjoy this fun little number. Late Night Talking - OUT NOW 🕺🤩

taylorswift: a bop bestie! love you x

florencepugh: on. repeat

kendalljenner: 🥰 love it squish

tomholland: love it mate 👍

usera; WE'VE BEEN DOING ALL THIS LATE NIGHT TALKING😍😍😍

userb: oh she's in love guys

userc: just tag lando and get to the point lottie 😜

userd: I NEED TO BOOK A DAY OFF WORK TO RECOVER FROM THIS

horris: i'm connecting the dots!!!!!!

*** ***

Lottie🩷: shared an instagram post by lottiehill with you

Lottie🩷: in case you were ever in doubt about how i feel

Lottie🩷: 😘💓

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

411K 6.6K 52
"we found wonderland, you and i got lost in it" y/n an ordinary girl from Monaco, dating the famous McLaren F1 driver - Lando Norris But what happens...
127K 3.1K 68
Dannie Kim was a Korean-English singer who was signed to Columbia Records. She always dreamed of meeting at least one of her idols in life. Everyone...
696K 23.1K 54
The entire world knows Zhang Yuxin for what she does best - writing love songs. Every single song she puts out is able to relate to someone out there...
unconditional By

Fanfiction

999K 14.5K 50
Ellasandra Monet gets swept up into the world of F1 when she finally lands her dream job, but what happens when she comes across her dream guy, Charl...