Beast Wars Prime

By rukatofan89

After the battle at the Omega Lock goes awry Jack, Miko, and Raf are experimented on, turned into techno orga... More

Small Beginings
Escape and an Arrival
A Scan and a Skirmish
Regroup and Reconnect
Unleash the Beast Wars
The Fall of Darkmount
Confrontations and Explanations
A Call for Reinforcements
Nightmares and the First Wave
Fossils, Friends, and Foes Pt.1
Fossils, Friends, and Foes Pt. 2
Fossils, Friends, and Foes Pt. 3
The Good, the Bad, and the Reformatted
Doctor's Notes
Light Dares, Heavy Truths
Dark Thirst, Darker Vendettas
Beach Brawls
Exchange and Evolution
Dealing and Doubledealing
Landing of the Light
Confessions and Confrontations
Masters and Mentors
Assault on Project Predacon
Families, Friends and Fights
Fantasy vs. Reality Pt1
Fantasy vs. Reality Pt.2-The Rescue
A Plague of Insecticons Pt.1
A Plague of Insecticons Pt.2
The Omega Lock, Some Assembly Required
A Siege and a Coup
Past and Future
New Face of Darkness Pt.1
New Face of Darkness Pt.2
New Face of Darkness Pt.3
New Face of Darkness Pt.4
Regroup and Recruit
Friends and Enemies, Old and New
Cons and Combiners
Volcanicus Errupts
Specters of the Past Pt.1
Specters of the Past Pt.2
Specters of the Past Pt.3
Date Night
Vegas is Bust Pt. 1
Vegas is Bust Pt.2-Unlikely Heroes

Mayhem and The Wreckers

51 1 0
By rukatofan89

Holy crow. Has it really been almost a year since I started writing this story? Anyway, welcome to another riveting chapter. First off, congrats to Chronolocked and our guest reviewer who figured out who the spy is. Originally, I didn't PLAN to use all of the Maximals and Predacons in this chapter, but as I wrote it, it sort of snowballed. Hopefully I managed to keep the fights roughly balanced and interesting. Having said that, I hope you enjoy the new chapter.

"Alright." Ratchet said as he stood before the assembled Wreckers and Maximals. "Now remember, the purpose of this mission is to test out the new Alchemic converters I've installed." He explained. Between himself, Brainstorm, Perceptor, and Jetfire they'd been able to replicate the process the Maximals used to convert food into energon and then downscaled it into something that could be installed between a bots' fuel port or mouth and energon reservoir.

With it, the Autobots could simply fuel up in vehicle mode or drink some other form of complex liquid and turn it into useable fuel. Or at least it had worked in testing with gasoline and Gatorade. Today would be the first field test and the Wreckers had been the first to volunteer. Bulkhead, Drift, and Wheeljack had the new converters installed. Perceptor would be going along in case of technical difficulties and the Maximals would be going along as backup, and as an excuse to get off the base for a little while.

"I still say I should be going with ya mates." Jetfire said. His Australian accent had surprised the Maximals when they met him. According to him he picked it up during his time in Polyhex.

"And I told you." Fowler replied. "You aren't going out with that vehicle mode until we have a cover story. I told you that the last Skystrikers were decommissioned years ago and are too recognizable to be mistaken for anything else." He was still fuming that the bots had hacked the old G.I. Joe database. Let alone that two of the bots now had vehicle modes from it.

Jetfire crossed his arms and huffed. "Well excuse me for wanting something a bit more advanced." Despite a couple dozen years since it was first made the Skystriker was still highly advanced for humans. Hound didn't get nearly as much flak as he did for his alternate mode. Then again, according to Fowler there were still at least a few dozen V.A.M.P.s in circulation so his alternate mode was a little more believable.

"Anyway." Ratchet continued. "Once you're through the space bridge the lot of you are heading to a gas station that, for the moment is closed for 'pest control'. There the Maximals will help you three fill up in your vehicle modes. Afterwards you will perform some combat exercises to determine whether the quality of converted energon is significantly different from natural energon."

Optimus spoke next. "The success of this test could free us from our total reliance on scavenging energon and by extension, finally put us on equal footing with the Decepticons." He turned as the ground bridge flared to life. "Transform, and roll out."

With that the seven Maximals and four wreckers transformed and charged through the portal. Optimus' attention was next drawn to their newest human ally.

"Speaking of experiments." G.B. Blackrock said looking at Optimus. "Have you given any more thought to my proposal for the recovered Vehicon bodies?" He asked. Among the recovered wreckage from Darkmount were several Vehicon bodies in various states of disrepair. He took a good look at them and an idea began to form in his mind. The culmination of which he suggested to Optimus last week.

Optimus sighed. "I have Mr. Blackrock. While our troops have indeed been replenished with the arrival of the lost light, I will not discourage the humans on finding ways to defend themselves from the Decpticons. However, I will only allow the modification of one Vehicon cadaver with your Transtector technology."

"That sounds like something I can help with blokes." Jetfire added. "I may not be able to leave the base for a while." He said scowling at Fowler again. "But I can at least help get your project on its feet."

"Very well, you may begin immediately." Optimus replied. "If your prototype is successful then I have no issue with human kind producing them." 'Hopefully they could be used for something other than warfare.' He thought to himself.

As Optimus, Jetfire, and Blackrock began to hammer out details for project Transtector. Megatron was receiving an update on the Predacon projects.

"My latest two 2.0 Predacons are ready to bridge to you now Lord Megatron." Shockwave stated via the communications panel. "In my design choice I opted to use a pair of venomous fauna native to this planet."

The space bridge flared to life and through it came two new Predacons. The first was a venomous orange and blue hovercraft which quickly transformed into a frog. The second was a black and orange tank with a single tread on the underside and twin cannons on the top that seemed to be two halves of a tail. This one transformed into a large Gila monster.

"May I present Spitor and Iguanus." Shockwave introduced, the two transforming to bot form as they were introduced. "Spittors' beast mode is taken from a type of frog that is poisonous to humans and appropriately, he has been modified to both secret and weaponize various types of lethal poisons."

"Pleasure to meet ya boss." Spittor greeted, a slight gurgle in his voice. "Hope ya don't mind another toxic personality on board?" He looked at Lugnut who'd been observing the arrival. "Although, you already have plenty of toxic members in your crew."

He was cut off when Lugnut took a few steps forward. "You insolent little slag!" He yelled. His hands retracted and formed what seemed to be explosive bombs. "I should turn you into."

"Enough Lugnut." Megatron cut his enforcer off. "Spittor, you are welcome to your opinions, but if you continue to harass your fellow Decepticons." He deployed his sword and held it up to Spitors' throat. "I will take steps to ensure you hold your tongue permanently."

Blitzwing was helping to cool a fuming Lugnut. "You zee, Lord Megatron has him vell in servo." His blue face switched to the red one. "And you know better zen to use ze P.O.K.E. in here." The black face came around. "It alvays makes such und wunderbar mess." He giggled.

Megatron turned to Iguanus. "And you soldier?" Iguanus simply gave a hiss and kneeled before Megatron.

"Iguanus is unable to speak my lord." Shockwave explained. "He is however capable of a toxic bite that releases a potent fusion of ToxEn and Nucleon to great effect. While he is the slowest of my Predacons to date, he is easily as strong as Rampage."

Grinning, Megatron nodded. "Excellent. What of the clone Predacons?"

"The half dozen viable clones of the initial dozen should be finished gestating within two weeks. Another few before they can begin training with Scourge." Shockwave reported.

The conversation was interrupted by a commotion just outside the door. Turning Megatron saw Scourge had a hold of Rampage in his maw. Both bots were in beast mode. Giving the large crab a shake, a small cube popped free from his claw and landed at Megatrons' feet.

"Put me down you dumb animal." Rampage growled.

Giving a growl of his own Scourge slammed Rampage down on the floor of the bridge and transformed. "Sir, I caught this crustacean stealing."

"I see what he was attempting to do Scourge." Megatron interrupted, picking up the cube with the piece of Rampages' spark in it. "And I believe a lesson is in order." with that he squeezed the cube, driving the energon spikes into the Rampages' spark fragment.

Rampage screamed in agony, inadvertently transforming back to bot mode as he did. Several seconds later Megaron released his grip. "Remember Rampage, I hold your life in my servos now. Make another attempt like that and my next squeeze may well be the one that ends you." To reinforce his point, he squeezed for ten seconds to drive his point home.

"Lord Megatron." Shockwave interrupted. "My sensors just showed a group of Autobots as well as the Maximal hybrids have just appeared. Might I suggest sending the collective 2.0 Predacons under Scourges' command? It would allow me to test Spitor and Iguanus' combat abilities as well as Scourges leadership skills for when the clones hatch."

Closing his optics, Megatron nodded. "Very well. However, I will send the Mayhem Attack Squadron to assist them. Their power combined with our Predacons should be enough to capture the hybrids and dispatch whatever Autobots are with them."

"Logical, Lord Megatron. Once the mission is complete, send Scourge over to my lab. The Constructicons have completed a den for him and it would be logical to have him on servo for when the hatchlings are ready. Shockwave out." With that the transmission ended.

"Soundwave, inform the squadron of their new mission. Once they have left, jam all communications between their location and the Autobots. Scourge, take these three and meet the other Predacons at the staging area." Megatron ordered.

Scourge transformed and took Rampage in his maw by the leg, dragging him out of the room followed by Iguanus and Spittor. "This is why I don't work with sparklings or animals." Rampage muttered.

Meanwhile, the Wreckers had fueled up and were heading out into the open desert to test the quality of the energon produced by the converters. It had taken longer than expected and G.B. was likely going to balk at how much gas was needed to fill up the three wreckers but they were all now full of energon.

"Alright everyone." Perceptor called as they arrived at the section of desert they were going to use for practice. "To begin with we'll be doing some target practice amongst those boulders, afterwards we'll do some combat drills to see if the processed energon has any effect on overall battlefield effectiveness. I myself will participate to act as a control subject."

At their collective confused look, Perceptor sighed. "Shooting and practice bouts to make sure the new processors work. Since I don't have a converter, I'll be the comparison model." He explained. Sometimes he wondered why he bothered with his full vocabulary.

He pulled out a circular disk with a blue dome at the top and threw it at the pile of boulders. Seconds later hologram images of Megatron, Starscream, Knockout, Shockwave, and several Vehicons were standing where the boulders were. "Maximals, feel free to join in." Perceptor said.

At his words Wheeljack, Perceptor an Bulkhead deployed their guns as Drift looked on. The Maximals, excepting Jack took up position in between the Wreckers. "Ready, aim, fire!" Perceptor called out, and away they went.

Apparently Perceptor had designed the targets to be interactive. The holograms reacted when they were hit. Knockout and Shockwave got the worst of the barrage from the Maximals. Knockouts' hologram kept getting hit by both Mikos' kunai and Rafs' chain guns. Shockwave was hit repeatedly in the eye by bolts of Nucleon and sap with Vinces' sonic beam hitting it dead center.

Depthcharge had taken to firing on the hologram of Starscream. Systemically he blasted the hologram to pieces with his plasma disks. Each time he delivered a fatal blow the hologram would reset. While it wasn't the real Starscream, blasting at the hologram was very cathartic.

Perceptor, in a show of humor for the Maximals, bulls eyed three Vehicons in a row in the solar plexus, causing the holograms to react in a very human like fashion. Bulkhead and Wheeljack however focused solely on Megatron. Between the two of them they blasted the warlord apart repeatedly.

"Okay, hold fire." Perceptor called ten minutes later. The holograms flickered and vanished revealing a pile of rubble where the boulders had been. Retrieving the disk Perceptor pressed a button bringing up a holographic display with various numbers and symbols on it.

"Alright." He spoke. "According to the reader the blasts fired by Bulkhead and Wheeljack were of the exact same power and intensity as the ones I fired. The converters seem to be working well so far. Now to test the." A loud roar cut him off.

Turning to the direction of the roar they saw the original Predacon winging their way towards them. "What the?" Perceptor asked wide opticed.

"Uh oh, I was wondering when Puff the tragic dragon would show up again." Miko called, pulling her katanas.

"No problem." Jack said, drawing his whip. "It's only one of him versus eleven of us."

The ground began to shake as a flaming drill tank erupted from the ground. "Incorrect infidels." Came a regal voice as Infernus transformed back into bot mode. "For the glory of the colony, and the honor of the queen." With that, Rampage, Spittor, and Iguanus emerged from the hole in beast mode and transformed. Almost immediately afterwards Terrorsaur and Waspinator made a low-level pass in vehicle mode and transformed to join the others when Scourge landed.

"Looks like they sent the whole menagerie after us." Raf said, keeping an eye on the two new Predacons. The first four were bad, the original was worse, but these two new ones he had no idea about.

"Where the hell did they get a damned dragon?" Allison swore. It seemed the cons kept throwing curve balls at them.

"Long story." Bulkhead spoke. "But with our help we can take them."

Scourge gave a roar and transformed, surprising everyone. "You will find that to be more difficult now than before." He smirked at their shocked looks. "Especially since a second unit joins our own."

As he spoke a large white monster truck jumped over a nearby sand dune. It was soon followed by a green and yellow boat-like hovercraft and a green and golden yellow tank. The trio of vehicles transform and are faced with a mustached strong bot, a tentacled diver, and a skeletal samurai.

"The Mayhem Attack Squad? Nobody's seen these guys in deca-cycles." Bulkhead exclaimed.

"Wreckers?" Stranglehold laughed. "This is going to being fun."

"Aye." Octopunch agreed. "Tis been many cycles since we've locked guns and blades with any of these bilge rats. Going with these swabs turned out to be a good idea after all."

"True, we follow beasts. Untoward battle they go. A fight, we shall join." Bludgeon spoke.

"Oh great, we have a poet on our hands." Miko groused. "I'll explain later." She said at the others confused looks.

"Now we are more evenly matched." Scourge grinned. He turned to the Squadron. "Keep the Autobots off of us. Predacons Attack!" And with that the battle commenced.

Rampage sought Depthcharge out immediately. "Well hello Dreadwing, long time no see. Been a while since that two Shainx rent-a-cop put me away." He taunted as they began to circle each other.

"I go by Depthcharge now Rampage. And I haven't forgotten you taunting us at your trial about Sunstorm." Depthcharge growled. The comments about his and Skyquakes' younger brother taking days to die still boiled his energon.

"Oh yes, I heard about what happened to Skyquake. Shame really, I'd have liked to sample the whole set." He laughed, smacking his lips. He dodged right as Depthcharge came at him with his sword and transformed into his tank mode. "Now however, I'll just have to see what fillet of ray tastes like." He began firing as Depthcharge dodged, returning fire where he could.

Not wanting to be outdone, Infernus decided to take on Rhinox. "Lay down your arms brute. The might of the colony is far greater than anything your pathetic forces can throw at us."

Subconsciously switching to his field name, Rhinox raised a brow. "Brute? You know, even for a soldier ant, you are seriously lacking in intelligence." Sidestepping a lunge from one of Infernus' flaming drills, Rhinox deployed his guns

"You want my weapons?" He said, hoping he sounded braver than he felt. "Here's the bullets first." With that he opened fire on Infernus. The first few rounds caught him in the side before he switched to beast mode and breathed a stream of fire in return.

Dodging, Raf was unprepared for Infernus to jump onto him and attempt to bite his head off. Reacting quickly, Raf grabbed onto the mandibles and began to push his head back.

"Burn infidel!" Infernus screamed, rearing his head back to breath fire on his opponent.

"I don't think so bug brain." Nightscream yelled as he jumped onto Infernus' back. Grabbing onto the Predacons' antennas, he pulled back hard forcing him to breath his fire up into the air.

He went to fire a sonic blast into the back of Infernus' head when he was bodily picked up by Waspinator in bug mode. This also had the side bonus of pulling Infernus off of Rhinox. "Nizzze try bat bot." He buzzed, dropping him. "But Wazzzpinator was prepared for youzzz." Waspinator aimed his stinger at him and began to fire.

Dodging left and right around the toxic green stingers, Nightscream took in a deep breath and let loose a sonic blast which clipped Waspinators' right wing. Unable to sustain his own weight in the air Waspinator transformed and landed. "Ohh, bat bot will regret thatzz." With that he drew his gun and continued the barrage.

Nearby, Botanica and Mach hoof had decided to team up against one of the new Predacons. "Well hello ladies." Spitor gurgled. "Nothing personal." He said transforming into his frog mode. "But I have orders to bring you in." With that he launched his tongue at Botanica who barely leapt out of the way in time.

Botanica shuddered. Of course, one of these things just had to turn into a frog. She'd had a fear of them since an old bully at a foster home had put one down her shirt. Taking a breath, she reminded herself that she needed to do like Nightbeat said and keep focused.

Mach hoof however couldn't help herself. 'Woah there slimeball." She smirked at Botanica. "If anyone's going to be giving my sister tongue it's Vinnie."

"Allie!" Botanica shrieked. She seriously hoped that Nightscream was focused on his fight and didn't hear that. What on Earth was she thinking.

"Sorry sis, just trying to lighten the mood." She said deploying her saber as Spittor transformed back into bot mode and pulled out a small gun. "Seriously though, I have an idea. Remember when you got your tongue stuck on that frozen pole in Idaho?" She whispered.

Botanica blushed. That wasn't her proudest moment but she could see where Mach hoof was going with this. "Hard to forget. You gonna do something similar with your sword?" She answered in a whisper, keeping an eye on the gun.

"Get one of your seed snares ready." She answered.

Spittor once again lashed out with his tongue. This time Mach hoof made sure it connected with her saber. At the moment of contact she ran a current through it, stunning the Predacon. "Now!" Mach hoof called, and Botanica stuck one of the snares to Spittors' tongue as she cut the energy flow.

The minute the pain stopped, Spittor reeled in his tongue. This proved to be a mistake as by the time the appendage was nearly retracted the snare went off. The result was Spittors' head being mummified in vines and the vines making it impossible for him to transform properly. The sisters high fived at their success as their opponent tripped and fell to the ground.

Leobolt meanwhile, had the misfortune of being charged by Iguanus in beast mode. He leapt out of the way of the charge only to catch the tail and be knocked into a rock. Shaking away the cobwebs Leobolt stood up. That blow was as strong as when Drift had hit him during their last training session.

Iguanus gave a hiss and began to circle Leobolt, growling the whole time. He lunged at Leobolt who barely missed being bitten. Some stray drops of saliva began to hiss and smoke when they made contact with the rocks. Leobolt didn't know what that stuff was, but it didn't take a genius to know it was poisonous.

Leaping back as Iguanus swung his tail at him again, Leobolt couldn't help himself. "I will say that you're a definite improvement over the other Predacons. Namely the fact that you don't talk." Giving another growl Iguanus changed into bot mode and leveled a pair of cannons at Leobolt and opened fire.

While managing to dodge one blast he caught a second one to the shoulder. Deciding on a different approach he switched to beast mode and took off. Iguanus hissed, transformed into a tank mode and took off after him.

Pacing himself Leobolt noted that while Iguanus was incredibly strong and had some combat skills, he was decidedly slow. Formulating a plan Leobolt made a U-turn and sprinted back towards Iguanus. Picking his moment, Leobolt leapt and transformed in midair. Drawing his whip, he lashed out at the tread on Iguanus' underside. The resulting explosion ended up sending the Predacon flying into the air. He came to land on Infernus who'd just been taken out by a blow to the head by Rhinox.

Several feet away, Wingsaber had found her own opponent. Or rather he'd found her. "Well well well, what's a pretty bird like you doing in a fracas like this." Terrorsaur grinned, eyeing the femme in front of him.

Wingsaber growled and swung her katanas at him. He barely blocked her with his own swords in time. "Listen big beak, only one guy calls me that, and you sure as pit aren't him." She spun and slashed Terroraurs' side, driving him back a few feet.

Terrorsaur growled. "If you mean that walking fur rug I fought in that cave." He began. "Then you could honestly do bet-" He was cut off by Wingsaber snapping her fingers and a kunai he never noticed she'd slipped in between his abdominal armor plates exploded.

Yowling in pain Terrorsaur saw red. "You rotten piece of slag!" He screamed switching to jet mode. He hit the afterburners hoping to ram his beak through her spark. What he didn't expect was for her to vanish in a burgundy flash and for him to careen right into Waspinator, knocking them both out.

Nightscream gave he a thumbs up. "Thanks, now let's go help the others."

While the Maximals and Predacons had their fights, the Wreckers were going toe to toe with the Mayhem Attack Squad.

"What is being matter Bulkhead?" Strongarm taunted. The two behemoths were locked in a grapple that Bulkhead was slowly losing ground in. "For being big strong Wrecker, you are being easy to be pushing round."

"You may be a bit stronger than me." Bulkhead admitted. "But I know how to work smarter, and harder. Here's a little something I picked up with my partner." With that he pulled on Strongarms' arms bringing him closer to him and slammed his foot into the burly bots' chest followed by a wrecking ball to the abdomen.

As the two behemoths went at it, Wheeljack and Perceptor had their servos full with Octopunch. Wheeljack kept trying to get in close with his swords while Perceptors' sharp shooting kept their opponent from getting a grip while being out of the tentacled pirates' reach.

"Ye Wrecker scum were always more fer cuttin' and runnin'. Never could take us in a fair fight." Octopunch taunted as he blocked Wheeljacks' sword with an energy hook from his right wrist. He absently attempted to take a shot at Perceptor with his harpoon gun and missed as two of his tentacles were shot away from Wheeljack. Unfortunately, he was more of a swashbuckler than a marksman.

"Say that again Captain Schnook?" Wheeljack growled.

"Ye heard me." Octopunch called out. "Ye bilge rats are always sneakin' around, striking at the unsuspectin'. Using any dirty trick in yer book to win the day." This time he lunged forward putting Wheeljack on the backfoot. "Downright disgustin' is what it be."

Any further words were cut off as Perceptor peppered Octopunch with bullets. "We simply use any tactic because the situation is hopeless already. We were always sent in as a last resort." He justified.

"A cowards excuse." Octopunch replied. Catching Wheeljack around the wrists as he attempted a sneak attack, he winged the Wrecker into his partner. "And now ye face me fair n' square." With that he charged.

Standing some feet away, Drift and Bludgeon circled one another. Blade drawn; Bludgeon studied his targets' stance. "A form that I know. A student of the great twins. Our old grandmasters." He readied himself. "Long have I sought this. A bot of my caliber. May we fight as grand."

Drift narrowed his optics. He'd never seen this bot before but he recognized the fighting style. "I see that you are a disciple of Banzai-tron. He was one of the few bots I knew who talked like that." Taking a closer look, he recognized the helmet Bludgeon wore. "Where did you get that? How did you get master Yoketrons' helmet?"

Bludgeons' skeletal face remained impassive. "Yoketron the fool. Felled by his beloved twin. Whom I had poisoned." He paused a second before continuing. "On his dying day. I claimed it as was my right. From his cold dead corpse."

Drifts' optics shot open. "You infected Banzai-tron with the dark energon? You're the reason the academy was destroyed!" Rage shot through Drifts' spark. The bots that'd opened his eyes to the cruelty of the Decepticons and helped him after Lockdown had left him to die. Not only did this monster kill them, he now wore Yoketrons' helmet as a trophy!

Wasting no more time on words Drift lunged forward with his great sword. In a blur of movement Bludgeon had his own great sword block the blow. Drift spun around and went to strike again only for Bludgeon to sprint forward and slash Drifts' side. Fueled in equal parts pain and rage, Drift took an energon knife from his waist and threw it at Bludgeon. The blade impacted his opponent in the chest but he didn't fall.

Bludgeon laughed as he pulled the blade out. "Take heed warrior. When you fight against monsters. Don't aim for the spark." The two continued to clash, their swords sparking and clanging with each blow.

From his position atop a nearby cliff Scourge growled. While the Mayhem Attack Squad had kept the Autobots busy he'd been trying to give these Predacon pretenders instructions and ideas on how defeat their opponents. However, he'd been steadfastly ignored. Upon seeing Depthcharge ram his sword into Rampages' tank cannon causing an explosion that disabled him he'd had enough.

Seeing that the Maximals were regrouping to join the Autobots he gave yell and transformed into beast mode. Soaring over the group he set down between them and the fray behind him. If those idiot pretenders were unable to get the job done, he'd show Lord Megatron that a true Predacon could.

Leobolt narrowed his eyes at the dragon before them. "Rhinox, Wingsaber, we'll hold him here. The rest of you help the bots." He ordered. With that, the trio transformed and fused into Magnaboss. The remaining Maximals ran to aid their Autobot friends.

Scourge growled at the combiner as the other Maximals ran past. He considered chasing after them for a moment but stopped himself. This one was the bigger threat. For some reason though the three that made it up felt familiar to him.

Pushing that notion aside Scourge lunged forward, sinking his fangs into Magnaboss' forearm. Spinning around Magnaboss delivered a blow to Scourges' neck, forcing him to let go. He retaliated by breathing a stream of fire at them.

Drawing their sword Magnaboss held it in front of them, using it like a shield. When the flame stopped Scourge charged. Using the guns in their chest Magnaboss delivered a series of low power blasts to their opponents' face. Giving a growl, Scourge transformed.

"I admit, I'm impressed." Scourge panted. "Such prowess from such young ones. It's a pity you weren't born as my brethren."

"We weren't born like this either." Magnaboss returned. "We were humans, captured and transmuted into these forms." Inside Magnaboss' mind Jack had an idea that Miko and Raf quickly agreed to.

"Your creators are hardly what they seem." Magnaboss continued. "They were perfectly willing to dissect us once our supposed usefulness was at an end." They said walking towards him.

"I'm well aware of what the Decepticons have done in the name of victory, and I do not truly care. I am only interested in the return of my species, that is all." Scourge responded. Although he did seem to be a little concerned.

"Who's to say that they'll allow the Predacons to rise again? Megatron likes control, and if he realizes the Predacons are strong enough to overpower him and the Decepticons he will terminate your species in a spark pulse." Magnaboss rebutted.

"I will command the Predacons, and I am loyal to my lord." Scourge growled. "He would know that we would never rebel."

"I'm sure the senate that Megatron helped overthrow felt the same about-" They were cut off as Scourge lunged forward and wrapped his hands around their throat.

"No more, I shall end this now." He deployed one of his arm guns and took aim at their head, but halted at the sight of the Mayhem Attack Squadron. While going against the Wreckers alone they'd been holding their own, the Maximals had tipped the balance firmly against them and they were being pushed back towards him.

"You shall live to see another battle." Scourge growled. "Gather the wounded and retreat!" He bellowed. Disengaging from their opponents, the Squadron gathered up the injured Predacons and headed towards a space bridge that'd opened nearby. "We shall meet again." Scourge said before he transformed and flew through the vanishing portal.

A few seconds later their comms activated. "Blaster to Perceptor, do you read me man?" Came Blasters' concerned voice. "Soundwave jammed communications in that area. We lost you a few minutes after you arrived at your coordinates. I wasn't even able to establish space bridge coordinates. "

Perceptor sighed as the Wreckers and Maximals regrouped. "I read you Blaster, we were ambushed by the Predacons and the Mayhem Attack Squadron. Good news, we beat them back, barely. Bad news, they have some new Predacons and the original one has gained the ability to transform." "

Really good news." He smiled. "The converters work. Send a bridge for us and we'll begin outfitting all the Autobots with them." He winced. "As soon as we get patched up." With that the line went silent as a space bridge portal opened up before them. Heading through it the group realized that with this success, a turning point in the war was coming.

Meanwhile on the Nemesis, Scourge was demonstrating his ire at the 2.0 Predacons to Megatron and his senior officers with Shockwave watching on a monitor.

"No cohesion, no ability to follow orders, I will not lead them into battle again Lord Megatron, I won't." He complained.

"Now see here beast." Lugnut argued. "When Lord Megatron orders you to lead soldiers into battle, he-"

"At ease, Lugnut." Megatron ordered. "While I don't approve of his ranting I do agree with his statement. The 2.0 Predacons need to be more controllable in the field. From what I saw they blatantly ignored Scourges' advice which cost them the battle and caused damage to the Mayhem Attack Squad."

"If I may sir." Shockwave interceded. "With the clone Predacons so near completion, it would be illogical for Scourge to continue in his role as their commander in spite of his tactical skills. I am having an associate of mine reprogram their minds to make them more loyal to any authority figure you choose. In addition, he asked to become a Predacon in order to join them on the battle field."

Megatron suppressed a shiver. Ever since the senate had tried to sick one on him years ago, he'd been leery of Mnemosurgery. Even using a cortical psychic patch made him uneasy. "Who is this associate of yours Shockwave?"

A mad cackling came from the ceiling as a large purple and grey spider with eight green eyes swung down from the ceiling and landed in front of them. "That would be me." It said in a raspy voice.

"Gah, another spider." Starscream spoke. "Wasn't Airachnid bad enough?" He was silenced by a look from both Megatron and Lugnut.

"Mesothalus agreed to be upgraded and serve as field commander for the time being." Shockwave said as the bot in question transformed into bot mode.

"Please." He said, giving a bow. "With my new form, you may call me, Tarantulas." The newly minted Predacon reintroduced himself.

"Very well." Megatron growled. "He will do. For now." He muttered that last part to himself. "In the meantime, Scourge, report to Shockwaves lab for the final stages of Project Predacon. The hatchlings will be ready soon."

Giving a nod Scourge transformed and passed through the portal Soundwave generated straight into the den in Shockwaves lab. He could feel it now. His dream of restarting the Predacon race was now beginning to come to fruition. Ignoring the Vehicons exiting the den he curled up and went to sleep.

The last Vehicon to leave the den was Punch. Ever since he'd been promoted, he'd been tasked with general security of the new lab facilities. A task that hopefully, would now provide useful intel. Especially as now that there were new Predacons in town. He just hoped someone received the transmission this time.

Entering a corridor, he made sure he was out of the direct line of sight of the security cameras and any potential passersby. Seeing the coast was clear he pressed a button on the underside of his helmet. The purple and black color scheme he sported changed to a navy blue and orange.

Once the electrostatic paintjob wore off, he transformed to his real bot mode. The more jagged edges of his Vehicon body retracted and he shrank a bit as he stood fully upright for the first time in days. Finally, his red visor and faceplate retracted into his helmet, revealing a normal looking face. Activating a hidden wrist comm, the spy activated his broadcast frequency. "This is Autobot intelligence agent Counterpunch reporting in."

A/N- And there he is folks. I didn't include his report because it could be considered spoilers. That said, I based Jetfire (and hound) on their G.I. Joe alt modes in the Transformers Earth Wars mobile game. I will explain the connection between the Joes and Unit-E in a future chapter. I decided to give my Jetfire the Australian accent he had in Transformers Cybertron for a dash of color.

Spittor and Iguannus' forms are completely original in this story. In cannon, I think they only ever had basic and Transmetal 2 bodies so I had to improvise. Tarantulas however is a carbon copy of his Transmetal form. He will have a much bigger role in the next arc.

Next time-The labs' location is compromised. Autobots, transform and roll out!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.2K 176 32
(happening after Operation Bumblebee: Part 2) (This is book 1st out of Multiple other books) Team Prime and their human companions are at base and go...
46.2K 1K 66
FireFrost left Cybertron in the early days of the war. She did not want to choose between her siblings. She landed on Earth four years before any of...
27.7K 314 12
I don't own Transformers Prime or Grimlock, they belong to Hasbro. The story will start off at the mine during the second episode of Transformers Pri...
64.2K 1K 28
Sometimes, Fate decides to barge into your life and mess everything up. Sometimes it messes things up in the best possible way. After Jack, Miko and...