Mama Hale -A Derek Hale Fanfi...

By LenaHamilton9

Lyrica Hale, the wife of Derek Hale, teaches Musical History at Beacon Hills High School. She's a werewolf, b... More

Disclaimer
Playlist
I~ New Town, Old Memories ~ I
Cast
1- Round 2
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
20
II ~ Betas Galore ~ II
Cast
21
22

19

1.5K 74 7
By LenaHamilton9

This chapter is kind of everywhere, so have fun lmao.

(3rd P.O.V.)

Lyrica tenses as she catches a familiar scent in the house, silently allowing her claws to extend as she creeps down the hall, carefully taking the stairs and allowing her feet to lead her to her husband's office.

The intruder stands in front of one of the several bookshelves, a book in his hand open to one of many pages.

"What the hell are you doing here?" The woman snarls and the male ignores her, his fingertips gingerly tracing over one of the many pictures in the photo album in his hands.

"It's been well over a decade since I've heard that lullaby." He speaks, slowly looking up from the pictures and to the woman. "Never imagined that the next time I heard it would be coming from my nephew's mate to their teenage son."

"Get. Out." She snarls once more, her blue eyes glowing as her anger rises.

"You really are meant for him. You've got matching anger issues to go with your rings."

"I'll tear your throat out and I won't even bat an eye." She steps further into the room and Peter finally gives in.

"You have a lead on where Derek is. I want to find him just as badly as you do."

"You have no clue what I want."

"We both know you're held back by your son. If it wasn't for him, you'd be out 24/7 until you found him." Peter sets the album on the desk and leans against the surface, crossing his arms. "I don't have the same restraints as you. The only thing stopping me from hunting him down is my lack of leads. Which you have. So why don't we help each other?"

"Why would I ever help you? You're a murderer."

"Yet you're the one with blue eyes." He smirks.

"You want to talk eye color? Really?" She raises a brow. "Seriously Peter, get the hell out."

"Well that's no way to speak to family."

"You're entirely right. It's a good thing you're not family, then."

"Your mate and I are blood, Lyrica." Peter takes a step closer, trying to intimidate the woman.

"Blood doesn't mean family." She practically spits the words out. "There's a small part of me that's glad you're out of your state, Peter. Because no matter how much you've done to him, Derek still cares about you. You were his best friend once. But that is the only thing preventing me from staining this carpet with your blood. You murdered so many people, innocent or not. And you killed my best friend, your niece. I'll find my husband one way or another, but you will get nothing from me. So leave."

Both adults are silent, staring each other down before Lyrica moves, allowing the alpha access to the doorway. He watches her a moment longer before moving, slowly exiting the room. The beta follows him, ensuring he actually leaves her home. After his footsteps get too far for her enhanced hearing to pick up, she locks the door and climbs the stairs, exhaustion pulling at her eyes.

-----------------------------------------

The next day Stiles Stilinski is anxiously pacing his bedroom with his phone in hand. His mind hadn't stopped reeling since his father's drunken rambles several nights prior, and he knew the adult was right. Stiles desperately wanted a relationship with his sister, but he was far too scared to actually reach out. A small part of his mind knew he logically had nothing to worry about. The woman was a walking saint and wouldn't turn him down if he reached out, but the fear of rejection was overpowering logic at the moment. He had spent all night trying to think of a way to strike up a conversation with her, until he came to the conclusion that there was no other option but to just blatantly ask. He wanted to wait until the right time but upon waking that morning, his father reminded him that he had to go to the mall to find an outfit for the upcoming winter formal.

The only issue with that was that Stiles had no clue what to look for in formal clothing. He initially went to ask his father, only to learn the sheriff had already left for work. He considered asking Melissa McCall, but remembered the woman had just finished an overnight shift at the hospital and was likely dead asleep. He scoured his brain for anyone else who could help before coming to a final conclusion. Lyrica. She was a woman. She had to know how to dress formally, right? And not only was she a woman, but she raised her younger brother and had been married for several years. And had a son. She had to know. When he realized she was his last hope, he quickly whipped out his phone and pulled up her contact only to freeze before dialing, thus leading him to his current predicament.

"Come on, Stiles." He mutters to himself. "Just press the button. What's the worst that can happen? She says she's busy? She's too preoccupied trying to find her husband that your best friend made a wanted fugitive to help you with something as stupid as an outfit for the dance? God what am I thinking there's no way this is gonna work."

The teen looks down at his phone once more, the contact still pulled up front and center. He groans and instinctively raises his hands to run over his buzzcut. When he does so, however, his thumb presses down on the call button and the dial tone begins playing in his ear.

"Oh God!" He exclaims, blanking on what to do.

-----------------------------------------------

Lyrica Hale is in her bathroom applying makeup while Isaac lays on her bed, waiting for her to finish so they could go to the mall and find him an outfit for the winter formal. She's in the middle of sculpting her first eyeliner wing when her cell phone rings from its place on her night stand.

"It's Stiles." Isaac calls, having looked at the caller ID.

"Would you answer it and bring it here please?" She calls back, focused on her makeup. Isaac's voice sounds in the other room once more as he answers the call and pulls himself from the comfort of the duvet to deliver the device to his mother.

"Yeah, here she is." Isaac says as he puts the phone on speaker for her and sets it down on the bathroom counter before returning to the bed.

"Stiles?" Lyrica asks, eyes glued to her reflection. "Everything alright?"

"Ye-Yeah, everything's fine. I just wanted to ask you something." The teen stutters through the device.

"What's up?"

"Uh, would you happen to have any plans today? I could use a hand with something. It's not supernatural related, surprisingly."

"Isaac and I are going to the mall soon to hopefully relax and find him a suit for the formal. But other than that, no." She answers, moving on to her other eye. "What do you need help with?"

"I, uh, I need to find a suit for the formal too, but I have no clue what to look for. I would ask my dad but he's at work and Melissa just had a long shift and I don't want to bother her and I didn't know who else to ask." Stiles blurts out and Lyrica pauses her makeup to give Isaac a look across the room, silently asking if he would be okay with Stiles tagging along. After her son nods with a small smile, she continues with her makeup.

"Why don't you tag along with us?" She asks her half-brother. "Can you be ready in 20 minutes? We'll pick you up."

"Really? A-Absolutely!" He exclaims, obviously happy with her response. "I-I'm gonna go shower and I'll be ready when you get here. Thank you!"

Stiles ends the call before Lyrica can reply and she chuckles, setting down her eyeliner.

"You ready to go, Isaac?" She asks, venturing into her bedroom with her phone tucked in her back pocket.

"I've been ready for an hour, Mom." He chuckles, pulling himself from the bed once more.

"Then let's hit the road."

----------------------------------

The Impala pulls into the driveway behind Stiles' jeep and just as Lyrica puts the car in park, Stiles is scrambling out the front door. He struggles with the keys in his hand before finally managing to lock the front door. He turns and rushes off the porch, only for his foot to miss the first step, leaving him scrambling to steady himself as he trips down the remaining steps. The teen finally steadies himself on the sidewalk, feet planted wide with his arms straight out beside him in a slightly crouched position. With a sigh he straightens himself and makes his way down the driveway, opening the door of the backseat and climbing into the vehicle.

"You alright Buddy?" Isaac snickers at his classmate's antics.

"Don't call me 'Buddy'." Stiles narrows his eyes at the boy in the front seat, fighting off the embarrassed blush on his cheeks from his actions. "I'm older than you."

"So? That doesn't mean I can't call you 'Buddy'. I mean, I could call you 'Bitch' if I really wanted."

"Isaac." Lyrica scolds with a chuckle as she pulls the vehicle out of the driveway.

"Sorry. But Just saying." He grins.

"Okay, would you call Lyrica 'Buddy' or 'Bitch'?" Stiles decides to ask, obviously about to make a point.

"Are you crazy? No. She's my mother." Isaac scoffs.

"And I'm technically your uncle." Stiles crosses his arms. "So you can't call me names."

"What? Mom!"

"I mean, he's not wrong." Lyrica chuckles at the teens' actions. "He is my half brother so he's technically your uncle. But our situation isn't exactly normal. You're both the same age and I'm well aware how teenage boys act. Call each other whatever you want. Within reason."

"Ha. Bitch." Isaac laughs, turning to face Stiles once more.

"You're gay." Stiles retaliates and Lyrica and Isaac snort in laughter.

"Stiles, do you have a date to the formal?" Lyrica asks, deciding to change the topic.

"No. I'm just going to keep an eye on Allison and Jackson since Scott can't go." He rolls his eyes. "What about you, Isaac? Did you find a date?"

"Hell no." The young Hale laughs. "I'm just going for the free food and to watch Coach freak out on the couples."

"God why do they let him chaperone school functions?"

"Because he keeps the students in line." Lyrica chuckles, pulling into the mall parking lot. "Most of the time, at least. Where do we want to go first?"

"Gamestop!" Isaac exclaims, all but diving out of the car once it's stopped. Stiles is hot on his heels and Lyrica laughs as she tries to keep up with the teens.

-----------------

Nearly an hour later Lyrica leads the teens into Macy's, ignoring their protests as she moves to browse their jewelry section. Both boys try to find something else to occupy themselves, thus ending in them fiddling with the items in their hot topic and gamestop shopping bags.

"Boys, get your hands out of your bags. They're gonna think you're stealing." Lyrica lightly scolds them and they rip their hands out like they were burnt. Laughing at their reactions, she leads them over to the perfume section.

The woman scours the selection in search of her favorite fragrance while the humans with her start messing with the testers. Finally finding her choice, Lyrica happily picks one up to purchase and turns back to her son and brother. Stiles is holding a tester bottle close to his face, clearly trying to smell it. Isaac adorns a wicked grin as he quickly reaches forward and presses the nozzle, spraying the other teen in the face. Stiles backs away whilst violently sneezing and both Hales laugh at his reaction.

Stiles wipes his nose on his sleeve and looks up, making eye contact with someone and awkwardly waving. Lyrica and Isaac turn around, spotting Lydia Martin and Allison Argent, the former looking rather sour.

Before he really knows what's happening, Lydia is whisking Stiles away to search for a dress while Allison follows not too far from them. Lyrica and Isaac continue to explore the store, the werewolf picking out a new skirt for work along with 2 new shirts. They check out and exit the store, taking up a bench within eyesight of the entrance. Eventually Stiles exits the store, a red flush coating his face with Scott right behind him.

"You ready to go find suits, or do you need a breather?" Lyrica teases her brother.

"I'm good, let's go." He sheepishly smiles and the mother and son rise, picking up their bags as Lyrica leads them towards the escalators.

"So how do you plan on sneaking in, Scott?" She asks and all three teens look at her with wide eyes.

"What? I-I don't know what you're talking about. I'm not going to the dance." Scott sputters.

"I'm not stupid Scott." Lyrica chuckles. "You want to protect your friends and Allison is going with Jackson. Don't worry, I'm not going to rat you out."

"Busted." Isaac snickers as they step off the escalators and head for the tuxedo rental shop.

"I'm planning on going through the roof. It's the safest route to avoid getting caught." Scott explains.

"That's a safe bet. Oh, if Coach catches you, try to get to Danny and dance with him. Don't ask why, but it'll work."

"Noted." The beta mutters, obviously confused.

"Hey, Isaac, how do you plan on getting to the school for the dance? Scott's riding his bike, I'm driving myself and Lydia. What are you doing?" Stiles suddenly asks, fiddling with his bags as they enter the store.

"I was just gonna have Mom drop me off, why?" Isaac shrugs, seemingly unbothered by his situation. Lyrica feels his anxiety rise in the slightest as he answers his fellow human and she makes a mental note to start car shopping for him after they find Derek.

"I was just gonna offer, I mean, if you'd want, I can give you a ride that way you aren't alone. Not that there's anything wrong with going or being alone, I just-"

"Dude." Isaac laughs, ending his spastic rant. "That would be awesome. Thank you."

--------------------------------

The next day (Idk if it actually the next day but it is now) Isaac is getting ready for the dance while Lyrica finishes grading papers when he realizes he's missing a vital piece of his outfit.

"Mom!" He exclaims, running out of his room and down the stairs, thus scaring the woman.

"What? What's wrong?!" She jumps up, immediately looking the teen over for injuries.

"Mom, I don't have a tie! How could we have forgotten a tie?!"

"Shit." She relaxes, seeing as there's no danger. "How could we have forgotten? That's one of the most important parts."

"Would Dad have any?" He asks, too worried to process his words before speaking. Lyrica immediately catches it though, and grins.

"What?" Isaac asks, confused by her sudden happiness.

"Sweetie, do you realize what you just said?" She chuckles and his eyes go wide.

"Holy shit. I just said that. Did I really just say that?"

"Yeah." Lyrica laughs and Isaac does too. "I hate to break our bubble, but he doesn't have any ties."

"That's surprising. You guys have just about everything." Isaac briefly frowns.

"He's never liked ties." Lyrica chuckles. "Says they're too constricting and can easily be used against him in a fight."

"Do you think Stiles would have an extra? I mean, we're meeting him at his place, we could ask him."

"He probably won't." Lyrica thinks for a moment. "But his father definitely will. We can ask him to borrow one."

"Good idea." Isaac nods. "I'm ready to go, then."

"Let's hit the road." Lyrica turns and grabs her keys, wallet, and phone before following the teen out the door.

----------------------------------------------

Noah Stilinski is waiting at the front door when the Hales pull into the driveway, Lyrica being careful not to park behind the jeep. The sheriff is obviously happy, a camera resting around his neck as he holds open the door for the pair to come inside.

"You look wonderful, Isaac." Noah compliments the teen as they enter his home. Lydia is perched on the couch just to the side and Stiles is nowhere in sight. "Nice to see you again, Lyrica."

"Likewise." The werewolf smiles, pushing aside any issues the two have for the sake of the teens.

"Where's your tie?" Lydia suddenly asks, scrutinizing Isaac's appearance. "You're going to a formal dance. You need a tie."

"We were actually gonna ask you about that." Lyrica turns to the sheriff once more. "We somehow forgot to get a tie when we were out yesterday and Derek hates them so we didn't have any at home. Would you happen to have one Isaac could borrow for the night?"

"Absolutely." Noah perks up, turning to Isaac. "Any preferred color?"

"Uh, red or blue if you can. Otherwise any color is fine." He decides after a moment of thinking.

"Coming right up." Noah nods before turning and disappearing up the stairs.

"So the sheriff is actually your dad?" Lydia suddenly asks, catching Lyrica off guard.

"He's my biological father, yes." The werewolf confirms. "Who told you? Stiles?"

"I didn't give him much choice." Lydia chuckles. "I asked why he was out with you two yesterday and he sucks at lying on the spot."

"Yeah, I can see that."

"Okay." Noah calls, returning with a dark red tie in his hands. He holds it out to Isaac. "Does this work? It's the only red one I had."

"It's perfect. Thank you." Isaac sheepishly smiles, accepting the long fabric. "Uh, how do you...?" He trails off, looking to his mother for assistance, only to find her wrapped up in conversation with Lydia. He turns back to the sheriff, embarrassed, and the man just smiles.

"Here, I can show you. Go ahead and put it around your neck."

Isaac does as told, lifting the collar of his dress shirt and draping the tie over it. The sheriff then takes over, gently taking a hold of the fabric and wrapping it around itself, explaining it to Isaac as he goes.

"Dad!" Stiles suddenly calls, stomping down the stairs whilst fighting with his own tie. "I need help, I can't get this stupid thing-" He stops himself, looking up at the people in his home. He sees his father assisting his classmate and realizes it'll take too long to wait for his father's help, thus meaning they would be late for the dance. He looks over to Lydia to give her an apologetic look, but his eyes meet Lyrica's. The woman chuckles before crossing the room to help her brother.

"How did you manage to get it knotted this bad?" She asks, wasting no time in reaching out and beginning to carefully untwist the striped fabric.

"I suck at ties." Stiles sighs, watching as his sister easily fixes his mess.

"You'll get the hang of it one day." She chuckles, tightening the tie so the knot rests at his collarbones. "There you go."

She turns around to help Isaac with his own tie, but stops when she sees the sheriff securing it on the teen.

"Finally you're both ready." Lydia sighs, standing up. "Can we take pictures now so we're not late?"

"Absolutely." Noah nods, looking between the three. "How about we do a few of the three of you, then Stiles and Lydia, then individual?"

"Perfect." Lyrica grins, pushing her son and brother towards their classmate. "Now act like you like each other."

Raising the camera, Noah turns on the flash. "Say cheese!"

As always, I hope you enjoyed and feel free to join my Discord server, link in my account bio. A good bit of the time it's me asking for advice on my writing and then a few of us chatting, but I'd say it's fun. Season 2 should be starting soon; who's ready? Until next time!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.8K 359 7
CURRENTLY REWRITING!!! "π·π‘œπ‘›π‘‘ π΅π‘™π‘Žπ‘šπ‘’ π‘šπ‘’ πΏπ‘œπ‘£π‘’ π‘šπ‘Žπ‘‘π‘’ π‘šπ‘’ π‘π‘Ÿπ‘Žπ‘§π‘¦" ΰΌ„ΰΌ„ΰΌ„ "𝑖𝑓 𝑖𝑑 π‘‘π‘œ...
219K 4.5K 42
Y/n Hale is Derek's younger sister who goes to Beacon Hills High school. She has fallen for the sarcastic stiles stilinski but he is pineing after Ly...
1.2M 30.9K 22
[COMPLETED] ❝It was my fault for caring. I've made a habit of never doing that again.❞ All teenagers dealt with first-world problems that seemed a...
39.4K 1.1K 57
Stiles was not your average high school student. His life was already crazy enough with his best friend being a true alpha, his boyfriend was also a...