Peace at Last

Door TurquoiseMonarch

Counter Guardians, the eternal cleaners of humanity's mess. Once a person has joined their ranks, there is no... Meer

Retirement
Hidden Skill
The Red Devil: Part 2
A Pain in the Bum: Part 1
A Pain in the Bum: Part 2
Just Chilling, Nothing Special
Special: Merry Christmas!
A Bit of Peace
To Celebrate Ones Conception
Trip and Reveals: Part 1

The Red Devil: Part 1

1.2K 45 7
Door TurquoiseMonarch

A/N: Yo, new part! So, Just comment if you want some chapter requests, i'll probably write it if i finish posting and editing chapters from ffn.

Months in Adoption

A man swayed his child in his arms while singing a lullaby. The room was dark around them, the moon being the only thing illuminating the pair. The man then proceeds to put the child in the cradle once he was sure that the child was asleep. He sighed in relief as he watched the child sleep peacefully.

It has been seven months since Emiya adopted the baby he named Rin. The name of his closest friend, also the name of one of his earliest regrets. It was funny really, as if the bladeworks wasn't enough of a reminder, he created another one himself.

But all of that didn't stop him from maintaining his magecraft again. It felt weird not having ALAYA's nigh unlimited mana, but he manages somehow.

It has been months since he also started searching for the town's second owner to no avail. He has two theories: this town doesn't have a second owner, or magic doesn't exist in this world. The latter being more unlikely since this town has potent leylines.

It all feels so unreal, having a comfortable bed, not having to kill people, just living life as is. He finally realized how Rin saved him. She gave him a new purpose in life, he was truly happy in these few months. Oh, if only Tohsaka could see him right now...

2 years in adoption.

Emiya was walking on a park along with his daughter. "Dadi! Juice!" Rin pointed at a pineapple juice at a fruit stand.

It was the fruit stand that they frequent in, the old woman selling there was a good friend of Emiya. She actually treats the Rin like her own granddaughter.

"Oho? Ya taking Rin-chan on a walk?" the old woman spoke.

"Yeah, she was insisting so hard about." Emiya answered.

"Hehe." She chuckled. "Kids would be kids, right?"

"Heh."

"Dadi, Rin-tan juice!" The child pulled his sleeve.

"Alright, alright. Just wait while I get my wallet-"

"Oh, no. You don't need to pay this time. It's on the house." The vendor interrupted.

"No, it's a business. I need to pay." Emiya insisted.

"Hahahaha!" The old woman laughs, the single father raising a brow because of it. "Truth to be told, I don't really need to do all of this... I have enough pension to last till my death, my husband is gone, and my kids had lives of their own now. I just do this thing out of fun, the money is just a bonus." She admits.

Emiya's eyes widen and then he chuckles. "Well then, if you insist." He takes the cups from the old vendor's hands and gives one to Rin.

"Yay!"

Emiya smiles along with the old woman, happy to see a child so being so cheerful.

Moments later, Rin requested to play at the sandbox. Emiya permitted and it's only him and the old woman now. He sat at a bench while keeping an eye on Rin.

The vendor starts a conversation. "So, how's life have been for you, Shirou-kun?"

Emiya sighs. "It's been two years... Still can't believe that I'm a father, with all the things I did... I really don't feel worthy of any of this." He smiles solemnly while looking at his hands.

The old woman laughs. "Fufu~ we have been friends for two years now... I may not know what you did in the past that you regret so much, but in these past years I have observed you. I can say for certain... that you deserve what you have right now." She assures.

Emiya rubs the pack of his neck. "Heh, I hope so." He looks at Rin playing in the distance. The child waves at him, he smiles waves back in return. Really, if some of his friends could see him right now...

16 Years in Adoption.

Fwish!

An arrow hissed as it was loosed from the bow. It flew so fast that the human eye cannot follow it in any way.

Thunk!

It hit the center of the target. And then another arrow was loosed once more. It hit the center again, and again, and again. It never missed, unsurprising as it was shot by Shirou Emiya himself, former lapdog of the planet and certified kyoudo practitioner.

Emiya sat at the bench of his backyard as he drank water after his practice. It was Sunday afternoon, Rin is hanging out with her friends which means that he had the house all to himself.

After doing all of the conceivable chores in his relatively large house, he decided to pick up a practice bow and started shooting at his personal target.

Unlike the archery style he mostly uses, kyoudo is not geared towards combat. It is a method of meditation, a way to achieve precision with peace of mind.

Everything is to be done methodically, from the nocking to the release of the arrow, everything is to be done with elegance and dexterity. The priority is not to hit the target, it is to conquer yourself and purge all the negative emotions inside of you, a perfect shot is surely to follow after that.

He started practicing again years ago, when he bought his house, he also bought an archery target along with a traditional Japanese bow. Rin have always wondered on why he never misses, he simply said that he practiced a lot, which is half-true ofcourse.

Emiya stood up after his break. He dismissed all the projected arrows he used and returned the bow back to his shed. It was dark now, Rin might come home sooner or later. It was time to cook dinner.

After taking a bath, the former guardian opened his fridge and took some ingredients from it. He was cooking curry tonight, it was his daughter's favorite. He started slicing the ingredients while he lit off the stove.

A few minutes later he finished cooking. He served the food on the table, fully satisfied with his work. But he was not done yet, he could not judge anything by himself in terms of cooking. He needed a taster, said taster happened to be Rin Emiya.

Ding-dong~

Emiya heard the sound of a doorbell. "It's probably Rin." He wipes his hands with a towel. "Coming!" Emiya hurries through the door and opens it.

There, he saw a beautiful but strange woman smiling at him. She has long black hair and blue eyes, she wore a long red tight-fitting expensive ball dress and a black fuzzy scarf, she felt HORRIBLY familiar in Emiya's eyes. "Wh-what do you need?" He stutters.

"Is this the Emiya household?" She asks while smiling.

"Yes, it-!" Suddenly, he felt that something was odd, he smelled something in the air, the smell of a magus. His formerly dormant battle instincts suddenly goes full throttle.

He steps back to increase his distance from the woman. "Trace on!" he projects Kanshou and Bakuya. "State your name and intentions, magus!" He points the swords at the now identified magus.

"Fufufu~" She giggles. "How rude of me, allow me to rectify the misunderstanding." She says as she flips her hair elegantly. "My name is Rin Tohsaka, Wizard Martial."

She pulls out a small star-shaped gem from nowhere and starts filling it with energy. "As for my intentions: Can't an old friend just visit from time-to-time?"

Emiya's eyes widen as he heared the name. "B-but... How!?" he asks, still not dismissing his weapons.

"Still as dimwitted as ever, I see." She says, irritating Emiya. "It's in the title you doofus."

"You don't mean..." He sighs in exhaustion and breaks his battle posture. "It's probably not safe to talk about it here." He opens his door. "Let's go inside."

Tohsaka entered the house with Emiya. She praised the house for its cleanliness, remarking that Emiya never changed.

"Sit there." Emiya pointed at a sofa, prompting the woman to sit at the living room.

"Huh, so you opted for a more western style this time." She says as she sat. Emiya sitting in front of her.

"So..." The ex-counter guardian started. "How- urk!" He was cut off when he was pulled to a tight hug. "Tohsaka, what the hell!?" He asks.

Rin didn't let go of him. "I-I'm sorry, I'm really, really sorry." She says in a hoarse voice. Emiya felt a liquid substance trickle down his back.

He then realized, it was the Rin Tohsaka classic of having a tough exterior while being extremely vulnerable inside. He hugged back as he let the other magus cry some more. "I shouldn't have gave up, I should've followed you!"

"Tohsaka... I-" He was at a loss for words. How did she find him? "You know- it's not your fault! I'm the moron who signed the contract with the counterforce." He tries to console her. "Besides, no one remembers me anyway..."

This seems to make things worse, as Rin was crying even harder than before. "You idiot... don't you know? Your body... I didn't even find it! It disappeared after your death, when the rest of Fuyuki found out... they- they started an investigation! Sakura... Sakura died along with the whole Matou bloodline, you know!? She was devastated when you were killed."

"Fujimura-sensei fell into depression because of it, her husband tried so hard to get her to therapy! It took many years for her to smile again. So don't you dare! You suicidal prick! Everyone remembers you!" She lets go of the hug, Emiya doing the same.

She wipes her tears and speaks clearly again. "So, in search of you... I accepted Zelretch's offer." Rin straightened her posture and looks Emiya in the eye.

"What?" This agitated the man, anything involving Zelretch doesn't bode well in his book. "What did you do!?" He shouts.

"C-calm down! It's not that bad!" She clears her throat and assumes the 'Professor Tohsaka Teaching Posture #12: Sitting Edition' as the Clocktower students call it. She reaches through the air and opens a kaleidoscopic portal.

"I... became his successor for Second Magic, it took me two-hundred years or so to finish... rising the ranks of the mages association to become eligible for position of wizard martial. I almost got sealed because of my eternal youth but then got away when I explained that I was using an application of second magic somehow. So after I mastered second magic in a thousand years or so..."

"I decided that it's time that I searched for you. I stumbled upon many worlds just to track you, I even made a portable workshop that follows me everywhere. So I was so elated when I finally found you, this world is so far away from ours that I didn't even realize that this existed at first!"

"A th-thousand years!? Do you realize how long that is!?" He snarled. "You, torture yourself in solitude just to find me, and then for what!?-"

"To ask for forgiveness!" He was cut off again, this time with a shout. "I- I couldn't forgive myself! Searching for you was the only way!"

"Tohsaka..." He was shocked... Rin Tohsaka. The one he abandoned, was asking for forgiveness from him. No- this couldn't be right. "You don't need to ask in the first place... I am the one who should ask for forgiveness." Emiya looked down, ashamed.

"I know... deep in my heart I've always known. But when I found out that you have been released from a supposedly eternal contract. I got excited... finally, after a very long time. I could finally talk to my version of Shirou Emiya once again."

"I was happy that I got to see you live a normal life for once... so I waited to strike." She says, a smile appearing in her face.

This gave Emiya some sort of relief... but he still couldn't forgive her for accepting immortality, it was a curse no human should ever experience. "Tohsaka I-." And then, he felt a presence at the door. He looked at it and it made his jaw drop... the one at the door was Rin, Rin Emiya, her eyes almost popping out of her face.

He swallows his saliva as he starts to panic "H-Hiya... Rin. How long have you been there sweetie?" He stutter while asking.

"Dad? is that a portal." She points at the rift in space casually sitting in their living room.

Words wouldn't come out of Emiya's throat, he tried to make and excuse. "I-it's... not?"

The other Rin looked at her with a smile. "Emiya-kun? Would you mind introducing this lovely young lady to me?" She asks the panicking father.

'TOHSAKAAA! NO!'

A/N: The Tohsaka is real... Before you kill me, let me explain myself first.

I wanted EMIYA to have some closure. So i slapped in one of his friends to give him some assurance. She's not here to stay though. She'll pop up every now and again but for now. She's just here for two chapters.

Give feedback if you want more.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

23K 454 10
An Unsheathed Blade came to Kivotos along with his sister. Emiya Shirou is offered a job as a teacher, and a lot of things will change in the new wor...
72K 2.1K 12
He finds himself back in the past. But it's different. Being summoned into the past isn't something new to him. But when he finds himself in his teen...
89.8K 1.7K 28
A lone soul trapped in the void, the concept of time has no meaning here. In its desperation, it merged with a crack in reality and it granted it the...
102K 3.5K 28
My name is Emi. I never have fit in with these gloriously foul yokai I grew up around. I am a halfbreed after all, but would that all change when a c...