The Guardian (Kamen Rider Ex...

By mirajanewolf46

Ophelia Selene Barron is the descendant of Alita and her former vessel. She and her friends stop Miku from ta... More

Character Profiles
Prologue
Chapter 1 Crash! All Gathered
Chapter 2 Engrave the Beat in the Heart!
Chapter 3 The Deep Secret of Some Lie
Chapter 4 Men, Fly High!
New Characters
Chapter 5 Knock the Dragon Away
๐™ฝ๐šŽ๐š ๐šœ
Chapter 6 The Disharmonious Doctors!
Chapter 7 Elena Grace Briar
Chapter 8 Who's The Black Kamen Rider?
Chapter 9 Ophelia's Birthday
Chapter 11 A Fixed Destiny
Chapter 12 We're Kamen Riders and Silver Knight!
Chapter 13 A New Challenger Appears and Dark Moon!
Chapter 14 Defeat M's Paradox
Chapter 15 The Unusual Burgster?
Chapter 16 The Revealed Truth
Chapter 17 Suddenly in a Fantasy!?
Chapter 18 Take Off into a Headwind
Chapter 19 Parallel Worlds
Chapter 20 Pursue the Mystery!
Chapter 21 The Conspired History
Chapter 22 The Max Dead or Alive!
Chapter 23 Embrace Your Ambitions and Go Together!
Chapter 24 A New Game Begins!
Chapter 25 Players Who Bet Their Lives
Chapter 26 Love & Peace to the Victor!
Chapter 27 Overcoming Identity
Chapter 28 We're Me!?
Chapter 29 Strongest Vs Strongest
Chapter 30 The Forbidden Continue!?
Chapter 31 Judgment is Passed
Chapter 32 Company Reorganization!
Chapter 33 The Rebirth!
Chapter 34 Save My Partner
Chapter 35 The Completely Invincible Gamer and Rebirth Knight!

Chapter 10 The Targeted Snowy Xmas!

22 1 0
By mirajanewolf46

Sakura hums and receives a call from her boyfriend. "Hey, Kiriya." She greeted him softly.

"How's my girl doing?" Kiriya asked how her day had been.

"Things are fine and I finished my shift early." Sakura answered and walked towards her home. "How's your investigation coming along?" She asked curiously.

Sakura had known her boyfriend is Kamen Rider Lazer a long time after his friend died. She knew the risks and couldn't stop worrying about him even though he could look after himself.

"I hate to say this Sakura but things are more dangerous and I don't want you to get involved." Kiriya spoke up in his rare soft tone. He wouldn't forgive himself if anything happens to her.

"You and I both know that I've been involved for a long time especially—"

"I know and when are you planning to tell her about them?" Kiriya asked curiously. "Sooner or later, she's bound to find out about it." He reminded her of the consequences.

"Yeah, to be honest? It's killing me inside for not saying it but at the same time— it's not my part to tell her." Sakura explained softly. "If anything, they should explain the situation. I'm more worried about you, Kiriya. I feel uneasy about this plan of yours."

"Everything is going to be fine." Kiriya assured her but deep inside, it's a lie and something terrible is going to happen. "What'll be our Christmas dinner for today?" He changed the subject.

"Hmm... it's going to be a surprise, Kiriya." Sakura teased him with a playful smile.

"Darling, I'm dying to know what'll be for our dinner." He whined and smiled hearing her soft laugh.

"You'll have to see it for yourself, Kiriya." She refused to reveal their dinner. "I love you and stay safe."

"I love you, Sakura. So much that my heart yearns for you, always." He ends the call.

Sakura sighs sadly while holding her phone. Her heart is beating in fear of Kiriya's safety. 'Why do I feel like he's goodbye and the last time I hear him?' She asked worriedly and tears came out from her eyes. "Tha-that's strange, tears coming out for no reason."

"Sakura?" She turned around to face the red-haired woman and a young Detective man. "What happened?"

"I-I-feel like something terrible is going to happen, Zilar and Kanade." She answered in a hushed tone while her heart was racing in fear for Kiriya.

"Why don't we get inside and explain everything to us, Sakura." Zilar suggested as they all came inside Sakura's apartment.

Zilar excused himself to grab a glass of water from Sakura while Kanade was comforting her friend. "Have some water, Sakura." He handed her a glass of water.

"Thank you." She sniffs and drinks it. "I'm sorry about this..."

"There's nothing to apologize for, Sakura." Kanade assured her. "Did something happen to make you feel upset?"

"I was on the phone with Kiriya and asked usual things how I've been." Sakura answered while gripping her glass. "Things were getting serious about keeping a secret without telling Ophelia about you guys until he changed the subject about our dinner."

"He's not breaking up with you is he?" Kanade asked her calmly but mentally trying to kill Kiriya if he broke her heart.

"No." She shook her head. "He was doing an investigation and thinking if I got involved, my life would be more dangerous. Kiriya refused to say it but he— he was saying how much he loves me but I feel like he's in danger. Kanade and Zilar. Please save him." Sakura begged to save Kiriya before he could put himself in harm.

"Zilar." Kanade called his name and they shared a look. "I'll stay here with Sakura in case. You need to find Kiriya if what he's doing is dangerous..."

"Yeah, he'll call the others and be on their way to see him." Zilar finished Kanade's words.

————————————————————

Ophelia, Hiiro, Emu and Poppy stop outside of the abandoned building to see a zombie Bugsters come out of nowhere.

"A game area?" Hiiro couldn't help but ask in shock.

"Why?" Emu asked while they got their Gashats ready.

"It might be his doing and we need to find Kiriya fasts." Ophelia reminded them worriedly while she transformed into Moon Knight.

Emu and Hiiro transformed while helping Ophelia to defeat the zombie Bugsters. Ophelia swung her hologram sword as a purple flash appeared to attack them. "There's no end to them!" She gritted her teeth and back flips to avoid getting.

"Fee-chan, do you have anything to defeat them for good!?" Emu asked his childhood friend while whacking them with his hammer.

"They're made out of darkness." She muttered and increased her speed to slash the zombie Bugsters. "We can defeat them without relying on your critical strike. I can increase your abilities."

"Sakebi tsuzukero
Mayoi no nai negai wo nando demo
Kowaresou datte koko ni irun datte
Shinji tsuzukero"

"I'm getting strong for some reason!" Emu exclaimed attacking the zombie Bugster.

Hiiro is secretly proud of Ophelia's fighting skills while attacking.

"Aimai darake no kono genjistu ni
Sarasare nagara tamesarete irun da hora
Itsuwari no beeru matottatte
Okubyou na jibun tsukuroe ya shinai"

Ophelia pointed her weapon up as shards rained down from the sky.

𝑴𝒐𝒐𝒏 𝑺𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒅𝒔

"Kanashimi kurushimi wa itsu datte
Tsuyosa wo umidasu mahou mitai da
Tomadoi mo tamerai sae mo
Kitto imi wo motsu hazu sa"

Emu swings his hammer to hit the zombie Bugster before it can hurt Ophelia. "Who knew her songs could be one of her greatest weapons!?" He exclaimed in shock.

"Sakebi tsuzukero
Mayoi no nai negai wo nando demo
Kowaresou datte nakushisou datte woah woah!
Hitori janai daro"

"So this is Ophie-chan's power..." Poppy gapes in shock and has never seen her full battle mode before with singing.

"Kazoekirenai itami datte kono kizuato datte
Dakishimeru kara itoshiku naru kara woah, woah
Shinjiteru yo
Unmei no sono saki e susumi tsuzukero!"

The two Kamen Riders and Ophelia defeat the last zombie Bugsters as they disappear. Ophelia looks at Hiiro and Emu while sensing a familiar dark presence. "He's here and Kiriya is close." She warned them.

"Lead the way, Fee-chan." Emu demands and Ophelia leads them.

————————————————————

They gasped to see Kiriya lying in front of Kuroto in his new Kamen Rider form. "Kiriya!" Poppy yelled out worriedly to see his injuries were worse after battling Kuroto.

Ophelia is shaking in anger for hurting her friend. Something inside of the former goddess made her emotions overwhelm her after seeing Kiriya's injuries. "YOU FIEND!" She speeds off and punches Kuroto's face.

"Ophelia!"

"Fee-chan!"

"Ophie-chan!"

Ophelia is blinded in anger and kicks Kuroto's stomach to crush him towards the wall. "I'LL NEVER FORGIVE YOU!" She grabs his collar and is about to summon her sword to end his life.

"You're too late to save him." Kuroto whispered darkly and kicked her stomach to release him.

Ophelia cried out in pain while Kuroto used it as an opportunity to escape. The former goddess cried out in anger. "COME BACK HERE YOU SPINELESS COWARD!" She yelled and wouldn't forgive his actions for what he did to Kiriya.

"Ophelia! Help him!" Ophelia snapped out of her anger and saw Emu was calling her proper name. "Please!"

"Kiriya!" Ophelia runs and gasps to see him flickering. "Don't worry, I'll he-he-heal you." She assured the red leather jacket man while kneeling.

"Mezame sasou uta o
Hito wa kokoro de kurikaesu
Hikari kie ta sora ni
Ai o tomosu yo ni"

Ophelia sang and noticed her healing powers weren't working. "I-I-I-I do-do-don't understand. You should be healed by now." She stammered in shock.

"It-it-it's no use." Kiriya whispered. "He managed to encounter your healing powers and prevent us from being healed or cured."

"No." She whimpered and shook her head. "No, there has to be a way, Kiriya. We can't lose you!"

"That guy who nearly got beaten by Ophelia... was Genm, wasn't it?" Taiga asked Kiriya.

"Yeah." Kiriya answered while heaving in pain. "Seems like I got a little too carried away. Thank you for hitting him, Ophelia."

"You still have time to joke this time?" Ophelia sniffs while wiping her tears. It's only Kiriya who would lighten up the situation despite any circumstances.

Emu and the others noticed he was glitching to disappear soon. "Please hang on!" The genius gamer pleads and looks at Ophelia. "Fee-chan, please! Is there a way to encounter it?"

"Don't." Kiriya warned Ophelia and knew what she was planning to do. He knows her past and refuses to use that song to heal him in exchange for life. He blinked and looked at Emu. "I leave the fate... of humanity on this planet in your hands." He passed the Driver to him including his Gashat. "Don't forget. As long as you keep smiling... you will be who you are!"

"Eh?" Emu looked confused.

"Your fate... Emu... you can change it!" Kiriya exclaimed hoping his words ring his mind. "Ophelia... please tell Sakura, I'm sorry."

"No-no-no! You can't do this to us, Kiriya!" Ophelia pleads while her tears don't stop from crying. "Sakura needs you!"

"She has you and Luna..." Kiriya passed her the small red box. "Look after my woman." He smiled and closed his eyes.

"Game over!"

Kiriya disappeared out of their side. His passing saddens all of them while Ophelia wails so loudly in sadness. "KIRIYA!"

————————————————————

Zilar growled and punched the wall in anger. He was too late to save Kiriya and didn't know how to explain. "Darn it, how could I face Sakura?" He whispered under his breath.

The Knight exhales and comes in with a solemn look. Sakura and Kanade stared at him but his expressions told them everything. Sakura burst out crying at Kanade's arm. "I-I'm sorry, Sakura." He whispered and sympathized with her loss.

"I knew he was doing what he thought was best..." Sakura whispered and sniffed. "But it hurts. I lost my other half. Kiriya..."

Zilar and Kanade could only do nothing but comfort the broken woman.

————————————————————

Ophelia reached her hand up and then lowered it down. She was afraid to face Sakura and explained her boyfriend was dead by Kuroto.

"Master?" Luna called her worriedly. "Would you like me to do it for you?" She suggested softly.

The female android was upset about his tragic death. No matter how Kiriya annoyed Luna, he considered her as a friend. Ophelia shook her head and rejected her offer.

"No, I'll do it." Ophelia volunteered and knocked on the door.

It opened and revealed Sakura with her saddened look. She has dark circles under her eyes and puffed eyes from crying. Ophelia bit her lower lip to stop her tears from coming out. "Sakura, may I come in?"

Sakura silently let them in and locked the door. "Do you guys need anything? Any drinks?" She suggested while her voice was hoarse from last night.

"We won't be long." Ophelia answered and politely declined. "Would you like one of us to make you some warm drink to soothe your throat?"

Sakura silently shook her head and refused to drink. "You guys are my guests. You don't have to do it."

"But we wanted to." Luna spoke up softly and stood up. "We insist and master, I'll prepare something."

"Thank you, Luna." Ophelia thanked her partner before looking at the brunette. "Sakura, I-I wan-wan-wanted you tell you—"

"I know." Sakura whimpered and wiped her tears. "He's gone and we couldn't even bury him." She knew the truth and the former goddess flinched in surprise.

Ophelia sniffs and tears fall under her eyes. "I failed to save your boyfriend and it's our fault that we were too—"

"Don't say that Ophelia." Sakura made a firm tone and refused to let Ophelia and the others take the blame. "If there's someone I blame— it was that bastard Dan Kuroto. He was the one who caused trouble and used us as pawns."

"I tried to heal Kiriya but I failed to save him." Ophelia cried while holding her hand. "I'm sorry, for being useless and didn't save him. Because of me— you lost him."

"Ophelia." Sakura hugged the former goddess tight. "There's nothing to apologize for because I knew Kiriya never blamed you or anyone. Tell me did he resent you from his last words?"

"No, but he asked Luna and I to watch you over." She whispered and pulled away. "Kiriya... before he-he-he was gone. He gave this to me and passed it to you."

Sakura accepts the red box from Ophelia's hand. She exhaled nervously and opened it to reveal an engagement ring.

"Kiriya..." Sakura whispered his name in a sad tone while her heart was aching for him to come back to her arms. "He was about to propose to me and spend his life forever... with me yet..." She cried silently while holding the ring.

Ophelia nodded her head sadly and wiped her tears. "Behind his semi-flamboyant attitude, Kiriya loved you and did everything to keep you happy."

"Yeah." She wipes her tears. "Kiriya was the first man I loved. The first time we laid eyes on each other, Kiriya immediately vowed to be his woman. Of course, me, being stubborn and hotheaded— I refused to be with him."

She smiled slightly knowing Kiriya would pull that stunt. The same way he did to her but only playful. "Knowing him, he wouldn't give up on you."

"Yeah, he pulled a lot of stupid stunts until I said yes." Sakura laughed softly and remembered Kiriya ate jalapeños because she loved spicy food. "Kiriya changed me to become a better person. I thought he would be that type of person to break people's hearts but I was wrong—"

"Kiriya proved it to you by showing how much he loved and cherished you deeply."

"He was my idiot and loved me for who I was." Sakura slipped the engagement ring on her left ring finger hand.

————————————————————

Luna volunteered to stay with Sakura a bit longer while Ophelia was waiting outside for Hiiro to pick her up. Hiiro messaged Ophelia to collect her from Sakura's apartment after he found out she planned to visit Sakura.

He didn't like the idea of going home with two females because Kuroto was out there somewhere and waiting to strike them. Mainly at Ophelia for lashing out in anger and nearly killed him. Hiiro knew Ophelia was strong and capable of taking care of herself but after what Kuroto did to Kiriya, he's not taking any chances.

"Ophelia." He called the former goddess and lowered his window to see her face. "Where's Luna?"

Ophelia opens the door and sits in the front seat. "Luna wanted to stay with Sakura a bit longer to make sure she's okay."

Hiiro silently nodded his head and started the engine. He wanted to ask and wondered how Ophelia knew Kiriya's girlfriend. The genius surgeon felt awkward to ask about it and Ophelia knew what he was thinking. "I didn't know until Kiriya came to my work— to find out he was Sakura's boyfriend and celebrate a mini party for us three." She leaned against the car window while watching cars or cities passing by. "I never thought of Kiriya having his girlfriend but after seeing their interaction for a short amount of time? He loved her deeply yet... I-I-I-I'm such a failure, Hiiro." Ophelia covered her face and cried.

It was his second time to see Ophelia's broken down when she was rarely hurt. Hiiro couldn't stand to see her blaming herself for letting Kiriya die. He stops over on the side of the road and comforts her with a hug.

"I-I-I-I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry." Ophelia apologized for her actions and repeated the same words.

"Shh, Ophelia no one is blaming you and not even the coroner." Hiiro assured her in a hushed tone. "Sometimes... there are things that were out of our hands. If anything, the coroner wanted us to stop them once and for all. So please— never blame yourself and it's not your fault do you understand?" He holds her face while wiping off the tears.

"Hiiro..."

"I hate seeing you like this beaten yourself up." He noticed her makeup was smudged wiping off the tears and found out she had dark circles under her eyes. Hiiro pretends to ignore it and prioritize her mental. "We'll get through this, together. I'm not like the others, especially intern— but I'll try my best to become a better man for you to stay by your side." He leans his forehead against her.

"I..." Ophelia started to get dazed and closed her eyes. She falls asleep because her fatigue caught her up without resting the whole day.

Hiiro smiles softly to see her peaceful look and lowers her front seat slightly to get Ophelia comfortable. "I promise to protect you, My Moon." He whispered before placing his lips on her forehead.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

459K 13.9K 31
๐ฐ๐ข๐ฌ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐  ๐š ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ซ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ž๐ซ ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ฉ๐ฒ ๐›๐ข๐ซ๐ญ๐ก๐๐š๐ฒ ๐จ๐ง ๐š ๐ซ๐š๐ง๐๐จ๐ฆ ๐๐š๐ฒ. half edited half snapchat fic osamu x fem reader (she/th...
42.1K 517 15
Iska a normal teenager with a loving mother, Kouhai, Girlfriend, Senpai But it all changed when Bert a tan male with blonde hair from America came an...
4.4K 107 12
๐๐จ๐ง๐ญ๐ž๐ง ๐’๐ž๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ฌ #๐Ÿ’: ๐Œ๐˜ ๐’๐Ž๐‹๐€๐‚๐„ | ๐Š๐จ๐ค๐จ๐ง๐จ๐ข ๐‡๐š๐ฃ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž Forever trying to reconcile my hopeless heart and his fiercely indepen...
20.5K 718 34
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค โa small favorโž you develop a crush on your best friend's brother, who also happens to be his twin brother. atsumu offers to be your tutor which...