✓ | REBIRTH OF THE REBEL [Boo...

By abyssofwendy

[Book 2] (I highly recommend for you to read book 1 before proceeding to this book.) This is the second part... More

FOREWORD
ROTR
EXCERPTS
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
AFTERWORD
BOOK THREE

CHAPTER 42

271 11 9
By abyssofwendy

[ C H A P T E R 41 ]

OMNISCIENT

As the tendrils of the intricate narrative continue to weave through the tapestry of the story, the enigma of unrevealed truths hangs in the air. The echoes of past events resonate in the characters' lives, promising further revelations that are yet to unfold.

The stage is set for the curtains to rise on the next act, where secrets buried in the depths of time and concealed motives yearn to break free. Unseen forces and unforeseen connections lie beneath the surface, awaiting their moment to emerge into the light. Everyone is anxious as the next move of the chess piece awaits.

Now, let's rewind to when Annika caught the deities having a chat with the duke. Brace yourselves, folks, because another bombshell is about to drop.

"Your grace..." Wince suddenly arrived from the thin air and called the attention of the duke. "Should we keep this meeting super hush-hush? Maybe Cyan should be in the loop just in case things go south," Wince suggested.

Roshan, the duke, was having none of it. "We keep it tight and involve only a few. I don't want my wife catching a whiff of anything fishy," he declared, his tone firm and unwavering.

Wince, being the curious fellow he is, dared to ask, "When did you start suspecting the duchess?" He quickly backtracked, realizing he might've crossed a line. "Sorry, your grace, you don't have to answer that-"

"I don't suspect my wife," the duke shut it down. After a heavy sigh, he stared into the garden's greenery. "It's her sister, Laviene. Ever since she came back from that poisoning incident, she's been acting strange. She can't look me in the eye, she talks to herself, and sometimes freezes like a statue," he spilled.

Wince tried to offer a more optimistic perspective, "Maybe it's just the pregnancy, your grace."

"I want to believe that," the duke sighed again. "But, notice how she's been immune to blood for a while now. It doesn't faze her much, unless she's mad or feeling betrayed," he explained.

Wince, genuinely concerned, asked, "What do you think is going on with the Duchess?"

"That's the question. That's why I'm summoning the goddess of time and the Hashire Prince. I need answers, and I need them now," the duke stated, his urgency echoing in his voice.

As the duke's determination lingered in the air, a soft rustling sound emerged, and the deities manifested before them. Wince's lip formed a lovely smile as his arms snaked around the goddess of time's waist.

"Hi, baby," Wince uttered as Giselle's form was unveiled. "You are gorgeous as ever, my lovely bride," he added.

"Quit your flattery, god of love," Giselle, the goddess of time said as she hugged Wince, displaying their affection.

"I believe you two are not the only people here," Roshan uttered looking at them. Then their eyes landed on Prince Raphael Hashire who was sitting on the grass, and started playing the zither.

"Your highness, glad you came," Wince uttered, recognizing the presence of the Prince. But the Hashire Prince doesn't speak unless he dares to. "Okay, why don't we start the meeting?' he added after a long silence.

"Your Grace," the goddess of time, Giselle, spoke with a voice as gentle as a breeze. "You have summoned us. What troubles your heart?"

Roshan took a deep breath, gathering his thoughts. "I need to understand what's happening to my wife. She's been behaving strangely, and I fear it's more than just the pregnancy."

The Hashire Prince, a figure of regal grace, gracefully moved his fingers to the strings of the zither. "The threads of fate are complex, your grace. Latisha is entwined in a destiny that carries weighty consequences. The immunity to blood and other anomalies are manifestations of powers dormant within her. Powers that surpass the ordinary."

"We already know that, but this past week, she's been rarely seen lovely, she's always alone, making me wish to know what troubles her," Roshan replied. His worry towards his wife is evident in his face.

The goddess of time uttered, "Her connection to the magical realms runs deep. The child she carries bears a unique blend of magic, a potent force that could tip the balance. Your suspicions are not unfounded, but the path ahead is veiled. Choices must be made with care."

"What do you two know?" Roshan asked.

Giselle didn't say anything and only stared at the duke, then to her lover. The Hashire Prince focused himself on the music he was playing. A melody that transcended beyond time.

"To be honest, your grace," Giselle uttered. Wince let her go so she could step forward to the duke. "I cannot foresee her future on the same timeline anymore. She's drifted from the line of life, and her journey is dealing to the unknown," she uttered.

"What causes this?" Roshan asked worriedly.

"Her sister, Laviene. As you said, your grace. You suspect her involvement, and that already explained why she's strange," the Hashire Prince uttered. His focus was on the music but he is carefully listening.

"Are you saying my wife is being controlled inside?" he said, unbelieving. He looked at the prince, yearning for answers. "I need to know and understand why this is happening. You both told me the possibility of the future," he paused and pointed at the prince. "You proposed that bargain to take one of my daughters away, but you never truly explained why. I am behind the curtains of this play, unable to know what truly transpires!"

"Your grace, calm down," Wince intervened.

"I am, I am calm, I am just desperate," the duke said.

"You have to ask your wife, your grace. She can only answer the questions you asked," the prince uttered.

"But she's not speaking much," the duke uttered. "She always says she's fine, and I am worried about her," he added. "What can I do to ensure the safety of Latisha and the child? How do we navigate these uncharted waters?" He continued.

Giselle's eyes glowed with a compassionate light. "The journey ahead is uncertain, but trust your instincts. Seek the truth with an open heart, and the answers will reveal themselves. Latisha's fate is intertwined with the fate of Reidensteigh. Be vigilant, your grace. The currents of destiny are in motion, and you must navigate them wisely. The choices you make will shape the future."

Roshan listened to the words the goddess of time said. Even if that lifted his spirit, the question still remains. He is still thinking: is the duchess he sees truly his wife?

He heaved a deep sigh. "Tell me truthfully what happened to the past that will be repeated in the near future," he demanded.

The zither stopped moving when the prince stopped playing. Giselle held Wince's hand and silence involved the garden. The duke already knew this is a second life to the duchess, and so, he must do everything in his strength to prevent the events from transpiring again.

Would he succeed?

~~~***•••***~~~

Present time.

"Cousin!" Blessime uttered the moment she saw Latisha's figure from the door of the manor where they are currently residing. She embraced the duchess as if they hadn't met for years. "Oh, this felt like years!" she added.

"Naiipit kami, Bless," Latisha said towards her cousin. Blessime blinked and removed her embrace. Her hands landed on Latisha's flat stomach.

"I am missing the bump of our nuggets," Blessime uttered and pouted while rubbing Latisha's belly. Her eyes return to her face, looking at her eyes, trying to hint if she's talking to Laviene or not. "Buti naman tinantanan na tayo ng kapatid mong bruha-"

"Naririnig ka niya," Latisha cut her off.

Blessime just rolled her eyes. "Huwag mo nga ipaalala sa akin na naririnig niya tayo. Naririndi ako sa kanya," sagot niya na lamang at pumasok sa loob.

This house has been empty for decades, and Latisha used it to prepare for the upcoming ending. Sabay na silang pumasok sa loob. Latisha has been alone for three days after she left the duchy. Blessime cannot go to her unless Cyan's preoccupied about something else.

"How is the duke?" Latisha asked the moment they arrived in the living room. Blessime looked at her with an unbelieving expression. Latisha couldn't contain her anxiousness and played with her hair to ease the tension.

"Your husband is fine, they are preparing for the war that will break out during election day. Nethys already took Annika away from Edinburgh-for the meantime. Annabelle is ensuring Napoleon stays sane until the very last day," Blessime explained. She started moving around the living room, trying her best not to cough with the dust around the place.

"Are you sure you're fine here? Ang kapal ng alikabok, Latisha!" asik ng dalaga at hindi na mapigilan ang kanyang pag-ubo. "I think you should stay in some inn, and not this fucking place," she continued.

"I can't risk being seen, Bless," Latisha explained. She sat down on a clean chair just across Bless. Pinagpagan naman ni Blessime ang mahabang sopa para humilata.

"Aren't you scared?" Blessime asked.

Latisha only sighs before she answers. "I am..."

Latisha stood and walked towards the dusty window and looked through the forest. "She's determined to get free from this life. She will not stop until she reaches her goal. What will happen two days from now will be the day, Laviene's plan succeed," she continued.

"And wala kang ibang sasabihin?" Bless asked.

"Thanks to her I got to live this second life, having my feelings for the duke be reciprocated, carrying his child, and continuing the line of the Reidensteigh blood," Latisha said.

"Tapos okay lang sa 'yo na maging alipin niyang kapatid mo?" pabalang na tanong ng pinsan niya.

"I told you she can hear you," Latisha firmly said.

"Well, let her hear me," Blessime said and rolled her eyes. "She has done nothing good in your life aside from letting you control your body. If she's insane, she would take over," she continued.

"So, you're wishing for that?" Latisha suddenly asked. Her arms crossed while waiting for her cousin to reply to her statement.

"Come on, it's on the option, bitch," Blessime said. She stood and looked at her intently. "It happened before. You always let her take control, why don't you resist?" she continued.

Napatahimik si Latisha sa sinabi ng kanyang pinsan. Indeed, why wouldn't she resist when it's her body she's controlling? Is it because Laviene is strong enough or Latisha doesn't fight her twin sister?

Umiwas lamang siya ng tingin at hindi na nagsalita. Her silence was enough for Blessime to conclude the answer.

"Anong pagkain mo dito, bruha?" saad niya habang nilalandas ang daan papunta sa kusina. She left her in the living room and didn't press her cousin anymore.

Latisha heaved a deep sigh as her eyes landed back at the forest beyond the manor. The breeze was warm but it didn't ease the coldness she felt inside.

"Why didn't you tell her?" Laviene suddenly emerged inside her head after being silent for a while. "Blessime has a sharp tongue, but she's somewhat right. Why don't you resist me, sister?" she added.

"Because you are protecting me and my children," Latisha replied with a firm voice and a determined expression. "I need you until the end of this nightmare."

"Is that truly it?" she asked. "I think there is more than what our connection can channel. You know I can't get inside your brain that much. Are you hiding something from me, sister?"

"No, why would I be?" Latisha lied.

"You better be, Latisha. All I ever want in this time is to be free from our destiny and inside your body. I don't have any intention to harm you, to harm my nephews, or to harm this Empire. I want to be free," Laviene uttered.

"Precisely, sister," Latisha replied.

In the game of life and death, we should never put all our cards on the deck. One must play smart to win the game despite being surrounded by brilliant minds. Never let the opponent know what you have, and surprise them at the perfect time.

"Tish! Do you want to taste my cooking again?!" Blessime's voice reverberated onto the walls of the manor, making Latisha shake her head and smile. She walked towards the kitchen and saw Blessime pulling some tray. "I commend Magnus for filling the pastry, he didn't let you starve here alone, would he?"

"Magnus didn't prepare that," Latisha said.

Blessime stopped her preparations and looked at Latisha with a confused eyes. She was about to speak when both of them heard footsteps coming from the hallway.

"Did you invite someone?" Blessime asked.

"No, but-"

Latisha's explanation was cut off the moment the figure entered the kitchen. It was holding a crate full of tomatoes and the moment he saw the two, he stopped.

"Laphel?!" Blessime exclaimed.

"Oh, greetings, lady Blessime," Laphel said.

Blessime pointed his forefinger at him. "I thought he was captured by the enemies? What the fuck is going on, Latisha?!" she exclaimed at them.

Latisha, crossing her arms, said, "Magnus saved him from them, and we don't want to spread the word until the election ends."

"The duke was worried, Laphel," Blessime uttered.

"We know," Laphel said and put the crate on the table. "But, honestly, I am enjoying my sealed identity right now. I feel so free," he continued and smiled.

That smile Latisha had been seeing lately from Laphel made her feel relief. Laphel hasn't truly smiled since, he always has the world on his shoulder but right now, he feels weightless.

"Anong nakain non?" Blessime asked the moment Laphel left them alone. "He was always this reserved man, did you curse him or something?" she continued.

"No, he finds his situation a beacon of peace. You know that he never rests when he is in the duchy, his work sometimes makes him sleepless," Latisha answered. "He had been sleeping peacefully these past days," she added.

"Oh, good to know he's well," Blessime uttered. Her breathing showed a sense of relief. She resumed her doing, and Latisha's expression shows she wants to say something.

"What, you want chicken curry?" Blessime asked.

"I am sorry," Latisha said.

Blessime's eyebrows narrowed as confusion registered in her system. "For what?" Blessime asked.

"Just because," Latisha said.

"Ang weird mo," Blessime uttered, shrugging off what she heard and continuing her preparations.

She should have listened, but she didn't.

*~*~*~*

VOTE ~ COMMENT ~ SHARE
are very much appreciated, thank you!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

903 60 26
The story of a reincarnated villainess. "It's your life now." Sometimes we find peace in our constant suffering, sometimes we break free of our suf...
266K 8.8K 78
ENGLISH An orphaned high school girl trying to live a normal life was caught up in a bullying issue which made her high school life difficult. One ti...
2.1K 23 38
If you like these types of stories then this should be a fun read. One day you were reading your favorite novel with your best friend, but the next...
6.2K 156 22
After dying unexpectedly from a traffic accident, Aria woke up inside the body of Cassia Clorance -- the villainess of the famous novel she just fini...